Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A beginner’s guide to dope roping — Report 23:04 - Apr 23 with 8949 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/60120
A beginner’s guide to dope roping — Report on 11:48 - Apr 24 with 2110 viewsfrancisbowles

Thanks Clive that was brilliant. I was in France and watched the game on a stream. I kept telling myself, all through it not to dream that we might get something out of it. It got to ht and that 1% belief was trying to grow but I kept telling myself no. Then we scored and it became difficult to contain but I looked at how much time was left and thought, its too much. Then they scored and again I looked at the clock but realised there would be several minutes added on. Then we scored again and I really started to believe.

We need to try and do it again at Stoke. For if Reading win on Saturday and we don't that last day is going to be really nervy.
A beginner’s guide to dope roping — Report on 12:10 - Apr 24 with 2038 viewsdmm

A beginner’s guide to dope roping — Report on 11:37 - Apr 24 by derbyhoop

The reports from Burnley emphasise our time wasting.
I know Dieng was taking a long time with his distribution from early on, although taking pace out of the game isn't a huge issue. Still think he was lucky to avoid a yellow card.
Otherwise I don't think we did anything excessive.
Moaning about players going down injured is a bit rich.

I find keepers seemingly wasting time on goal kicks a funny one. If you notice how long they usually take, there often isn't a great deal of difference.
A beginner’s guide to dope roping — Report on 12:19 - Apr 24 with 1996 viewsozranger

A beginner’s guide to dope roping — Report on 12:10 - Apr 24 by dmm

I find keepers seemingly wasting time on goal kicks a funny one. If you notice how long they usually take, there often isn't a great deal of difference.

There was one little incident in the second half that I am sure was missed by nearly everyone at the game and certainly on the stream. Dieng had the ball for a goal kick and was wasting time with the ref having told him to hurry up. The ref was then at half-way and while Senny was continuing to spend a few seconds, Lowe chose the time to engage the ref in a chat, both facing the Burnley goal so that the ref did not see what was going on behind. It is these little things that make one smile.
A beginner’s guide to dope roping — Report on 12:43 - Apr 24 with 1948 viewsParkRoyalR

A beginner’s guide to dope roping — Report on 12:19 - Apr 24 by ozranger

There was one little incident in the second half that I am sure was missed by nearly everyone at the game and certainly on the stream. Dieng had the ball for a goal kick and was wasting time with the ref having told him to hurry up. The ref was then at half-way and while Senny was continuing to spend a few seconds, Lowe chose the time to engage the ref in a chat, both facing the Burnley goal so that the ref did not see what was going on behind. It is these little things that make one smile.

Brilliant from Lowe,

Reminds me of Jamie Mackie coming on at Elland Road during 2nd time with us with 10 minutes to go, spent entire time in conversation with Ref, to the point the Ref just completely lost control of what was going on, no doubt forgetting to stop his watch etc,

I get Northern thought Lowe did'nt help with our press against Norwich, no doubt correct, but I was impressed with his all-round workrate and tracking back, and left the ground much more confident knowing we had 7 or 8 players now running for the cause.
A beginner’s guide to dope roping — Report on 12:49 - Apr 24 with 1918 viewseastside_r

A couple of asides because I did not see the game myself and it’s already all been said. BUT

I reckon that I could beat Susie Dent at Scrabble, although I would probably ‘let’ her win! [Sighs.]

My RE teacher at senior school was an ex-military type and some kind of lay preacher. I think he could probably handle himself just fine in a scrap. I certainly would not want to have messed with him.

This was probably quite a difficult one for Clive to write in order to strike the right tone. He of course got this right — Excellent as usual etc.
A beginner’s guide to dope roping — Report on 13:09 - Apr 24 with 1818 viewsfrancisbowles

A beginner’s guide to dope roping — Report on 12:10 - Apr 24 by dmm

Yes, there seems to be a 'fine line' between the two.

I did think we tested the refs patience with our throw ins.
Pal seemed to take ages, even I was telling him to get on with it.
A beginner’s guide to dope roping — Report on 13:26 - Apr 24 with 1739 viewsloneranger1

Thanks so much Clive, quality from start to finish as always!

Can't believe the performance and result after these recent months but what a relief to have some more points... one more win and we'll be all right
A beginner’s guide to dope roping — Report on 13:52 - Apr 24 with 1689 viewsSimonJames

100% of people who drink water will die.

Login to get fewer ads

A beginner’s guide to dope roping — Report on 15:03 - Apr 24 with 1528 viewsSuperhoop83

A beginner’s guide to dope roping — Report on 09:54 - Apr 24 by thehat

Brilliant Clive - Felt like I was in the away end with you and the 511 hardy souls.

Instead I was at home with Jeff Stelling on the TV who kept reminding us of the Burnley and QPR recent form.

We kept going across to Katie Shanahan at Turf Moor who reported on the Burnley possession and "only a matter of time" before the flood gates opened.

Of course that was not to be but for the final few minutes I could no longer pace up and down the front room so I went and sat in garden on some broken furniture rocking backwards and forwards like someone who really needed to be back in the local Psychiatric Hospital.

At 5.04pm the back door opened and my daughter told me:

"Burnley equalised with the last kick of the game"

"I knew it I bloody knew it" I replied absolutely distraught

"Only joking we won 2 v 1" she laughed

I mean who does that to their mentally deranged Dad.......

If any of my family had done that to me, the police would have been called by 5.08.

Suffering since 1978.

A beginner’s guide to dope roping — Report on 15:54 - Apr 24 with 1431 viewsManinBlack

I still maintain their manager owed us a favour to repay us for that title success he had in 2012. I don't think Burnley were as good in the second half so I consider the favour returned with our late winner.
A beginner’s guide to dope roping — Report on 17:04 - Apr 24 with 1320 viewsNoelmc

Must admit my expectations ahead of the match were along the lines of what Spurs experienced at St James' Park yesterday. So it was brilliant to finish the match 3 points better off, which will hopefully be instrumental in keeping us up.

Thanks for the superb report, which is the next best thing to being there. Glad you all had a fantastic day & hope Stoke on Saturday provides a similar high. Two reports to go!
A beginner’s guide to dope roping — Report on 17:22 - Apr 24 with 1270 viewsMrSheen

How do these kids manage to capture all the action?
A beginner’s guide to dope roping — Report on 17:34 - Apr 24 with 1229 viewsWatford_Ranger

A beginner’s guide to dope roping — Report on 17:43 - Apr 24 with 1184 viewsTonto

Sat on a train into Paddington and the bloke next to me is reading the report. We had a nice e chat.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

A beginner’s guide to dope roping — Report on 18:56 - Apr 24 with 1058 viewsKerryE

A beginner’s guide to dope roping — Report on 09:54 - Apr 24 by thehat

Brilliant Clive - Felt like I was in the away end with you and the 511 hardy souls.

Instead I was at home with Jeff Stelling on the TV who kept reminding us of the Burnley and QPR recent form.

We kept going across to Katie Shanahan at Turf Moor who reported on the Burnley possession and "only a matter of time" before the flood gates opened.

Of course that was not to be but for the final few minutes I could no longer pace up and down the front room so I went and sat in garden on some broken furniture rocking backwards and forwards like someone who really needed to be back in the local Psychiatric Hospital.

At 5.04pm the back door opened and my daughter told me:

"Burnley equalised with the last kick of the game"

"I knew it I bloody knew it" I replied absolutely distraught

"Only joking we won 2 v 1" she laughed

I mean who does that to their mentally deranged Dad.......

That's a few years off your life you ain't getting back
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024