Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Iroegbaenum - Decent prospect 10:17 - Apr 23 with 4992 viewsnumptydumpty

Overall our best loan this season which admittedly is not saying much at all.

If he was our own player there would be a lot more spoken about him as when fully fit clearly already is a better option than Johansen , Amos and Dozzell and is only 19 so much time to progress.

Second pick in midfield after Field.

With Villa still in Premier league next season I still don't believe he is premier league standard as yet so I think he could go on loan again but more than likely a more prominent promotion contender in the championship, which unfortunately we are not any longer.

But will be interested to follow his career as I think he could well end up as higher end Championship player but not up to Premier league standard.

I think Villa will loan him out again next season.

Think it's extremely unlikely to be to ourselves, maybe too pricey also, but if it was, anyone happy to have the young man back.

Think he will progress myself.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2023 10:20]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Iroegbaenum - Decent prospect on 10:25 - Apr 23 with 4446 viewscolinallcars

I'm having a power lunch with Lee Hoos on Tuesday, so I'll raise the matter of a further loan with him.
Iroegbaenum - Decent prospect on 10:27 - Apr 23 with 4432 viewsbosh67

I think he has some way to go. Consistency and the ability to really get stuck in and track back are things he has to learn if he is going to be a top Prem player anytime soon. That said there is a lot of talent and skill there. He has been the best of the loans, particularly with Laird having fitness and other issues.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Iroegbaenum - Decent prospect on 10:41 - Apr 23 with 4342 viewsLazyFan

Tim was played too long as DMC this season; that's not really his game. Although as we saw yesterday, he can do it. What he cannot do is both at the same time. It is either one or the other.

When asked to play the AMC role, he is far far better as we saw against Watford. Very good player, but must be played in the AMC role to get the most out of him.

zzzzzzzzzz

Iroegbaenum - Decent prospect on 10:45 - Apr 23 with 4322 viewsBeckenhamhoop

He really ain’t all that IMHO.

Iroegbaenum - Decent prospect on 10:55 - Apr 23 with 4275 viewstraininvain

Tim’s raw but has bags of talent and should be playing in the Premiership if he fulfils his potential over the next few years. I’ve been impressed with his commitment which has put some of the older pros to shame (Roberts, Amos, JCS etc). It’s probably been a good learning experience for him. Even in the games when he’s not played well, he’s not stopped showing for the ball which has probably been to his detriment while others have hidden.
Iroegbaenum - Decent prospect on 10:58 - Apr 23 with 4263 viewstraininvain

Iroegbaenum - Decent prospect on 10:45 - Apr 23 by Beckenhamhoop

Didn’t the whole team only complete 20 odd passes in the first half so it’s a bit misleading?
Iroegbaenum - Decent prospect on 10:59 - Apr 23 with 4254 viewsbongo_king

Agreed its not much competition to be our 2nd best CM or best loan this season. That said, he's done alright since GA came in, arguably one of the few players GA has got playing better.

There's certain something there - have rarely seen a CM glide past players with that frequency since Vieira - but there is also a lot missing, for large parts of the season he was given the ball away in crazy areas around twice a game. His ability carrying the ball is prem class IMO, his ability off the ball and composure... L1/L2.

Agree he'll probably go back on loan to the champ to learn on someone else's time. Doubt it will be to us. Apart from us having enough of other teams' players learning on our time, if we stick with the direct style I'm not sure many prem clubs will think us a good loan option.
Iroegbaenum - Decent prospect on 11:04 - Apr 23 with 4215 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Iroegbaenum - Decent prospect on 10:58 - Apr 23 by traininvain

Didn’t the whole team only complete 20 odd passes in the first half so it’s a bit misleading?

I’m not basing my opinion just on yesterday. I’ve seen him drift about in games far too much and he has a dreadful habit of not tracking his man back which has often led to goals. I think with what was said about him when we took him on I expected a bit more from him. Yes he can effortlessly ghost past a player and I can see why he’s described as having potential but it wouldn’t surprise me if he never got a look in in the Premier League.
Login to get fewer ads

Iroegbaenum - Decent prospect on 11:05 - Apr 23 with 4212 viewsnix

Iroegbaenum - Decent prospect on 10:59 - Apr 23 by bongo_king

Agreed its not much competition to be our 2nd best CM or best loan this season. That said, he's done alright since GA came in, arguably one of the few players GA has got playing better.

There's certain something there - have rarely seen a CM glide past players with that frequency since Vieira - but there is also a lot missing, for large parts of the season he was given the ball away in crazy areas around twice a game. His ability carrying the ball is prem class IMO, his ability off the ball and composure... L1/L2.

Agree he'll probably go back on loan to the champ to learn on someone else's time. Doubt it will be to us. Apart from us having enough of other teams' players learning on our time, if we stick with the direct style I'm not sure many prem clubs will think us a good loan option.

Yes I think this is a fair summary.

If he's going to become a Prem player or even top six Championship he has a lot of areas to work on. He's clearly got talent but he needs to work harder and be more involved with the play throughout the match just not in patches. As said, being our best loan player is not a high bar this season.

Thanks Mick, the gift that keeps on giving...
Iroegbaenum - Decent prospect on 11:13 - Apr 23 with 4176 viewsDejR_vu

I think he’s a good player who joined a madhouse and suffered by what’s been going on around him; been badly let down by the Bealeshitter and some of the other players.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Iroegbaenum - Decent prospect on 11:20 - Apr 23 with 4121 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Clearly far better playing higher up where he can run at the opposition but he does put in a decent tackle too. Handicapped when alongside the likes of Dozzell and Johansen but fair play to him for turning up and playing most weeks.
Iroegbaenum - Decent prospect on 12:36 - Apr 23 with 3925 viewsdistortR

Ha ha ha ha ha.
Brian was far more complementary about him then I was in our post match chat, yes he kept his position well, but I felt he could have done more, it almost seemed like a bit of a reluctant performance.
Having said that, I'd imagine he'll be our 'young player of the year', after McCallum won it last year. It's somewhat depressing that loanee's are winning that accolade.
Iroegbaenum - Decent prospect on 12:40 - Apr 23 with 3903 viewsQPROslo

I think he's a very good player with great technical ability playing with England U20's, who should get even better. I'd love it if he stayed with us but doubt we'lll be able to pay as much as other Clubs are likely to offer and if we're in League 1 Villa won't be sending him on loan there.
Iroegbaenum - Decent prospect on 13:16 - Apr 23 with 3762 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Iroegbaenum - Decent prospect on 12:36 - Apr 23 by distortR

Ha ha ha ha ha.
Brian was far more complementary about him then I was in our post match chat, yes he kept his position well, but I felt he could have done more, it almost seemed like a bit of a reluctant performance.
Having said that, I'd imagine he'll be our 'young player of the year', after McCallum won it last year. It's somewhat depressing that loanee's are winning that accolade.

1 attempted pass, 0 succesful passes.

Can't help thinking you're going to remind me of this from time to time!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Iroegbaenum - Decent prospect on 16:09 - Apr 23 with 3527 viewsLblock

He'll do well at Glasgow Rangers next season no doubt.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Iroegbaenum - Decent prospect on 16:26 - Apr 23 with 3435 viewsPunteR

He's alright. Nothing special. Won't make it in the Prem imo.
Than again , he might. At which stage he won't have anything to do with us so what do I care.
Hasn't really given his all to our cause so shows a lack of personal pride and that will to win at all costs attitude that the top players need to succeed.
Nothing like Vierra.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Iroegbaenum - Decent prospect on 16:59 - Apr 23 with 3346 viewsWadR

This is a reflection of the wider team tactics rather than personal fault. I don't think Field completed more than 5 passes in the first 67 minutes. Our midfield was utterly bypassed and also outnumbered until the last 10 when we had a couple of spells of possession.

If you go back to Beale era, and say the Reading home game, he completed 47 passes at a 87% success rate.

I like Tim and think he's had more good games than bad. He's had the odd stinker (thinking Hull away) where he has shown naivety and defensive weakness. But he dribbles well, gets stuck in, can pass and shoot with both feet. He's only 19 and, without getting into the merits/issues with loans, I can see him developing into a top flight midfielder.
Iroegbaenum - Decent prospect on 17:45 - Apr 23 with 3199 viewsQPunkR

Iroegbaenum - Decent prospect on 11:04 - Apr 23 by Beckenhamhoop

I’m not basing my opinion just on yesterday. I’ve seen him drift about in games far too much and he has a dreadful habit of not tracking his man back which has often led to goals. I think with what was said about him when we took him on I expected a bit more from him. Yes he can effortlessly ghost past a player and I can see why he’s described as having potential but it wouldn’t surprise me if he never got a look in in the Premier League.

Absolutely this. The fact he *has* the ability to drift past a player isn’t enough. He has to actually do it more than once every 10 games in addition to tracking his man and all the other basics of the sport

QPR - "shit but local"

Iroegbaenum - Decent prospect on 18:56 - Apr 23 with 3071 viewsDamo1962

Iroegbaenum - Decent prospect on 17:45 - Apr 23 by QPunkR

Absolutely this. The fact he *has* the ability to drift past a player isn’t enough. He has to actually do it more than once every 10 games in addition to tracking his man and all the other basics of the sport

Likewise, Sinclair needs more than just being a big, fast lump. Hopefully GA will get the best out of him.
Iroegbaenum - Decent prospect on 20:57 - Apr 23 with 2843 views89_50

Probably worth noting that he'd never played 90 minutes of senior football before coming here, so that has to be taken into account when assessing his season.

Frustrating that he's learning his craft on our watch, but unfortunately that's the situation.

He's obviously far from the finished article, but when he's good he really is excellent. For someone to be that confident and that assured, having only made 30-odd appearances, suggests he could be a leading midfielder in a couple of years.

It's more a reflection on us that we've been over-reliant on him. That we essentially hinged our midfield on 19-year-old that had never played senior football before still baffles me.
Iroegbaenum - Decent prospect on 21:10 - Apr 23 with 2778 viewsCateLeBonR

Not sure about him. Reminds me a bit of Samba Diakite.

Agree with the OP though he plays when fit ahead of some of the others.
Iroegbaenum - Decent prospect on 22:45 - Apr 23 with 2583 viewsdaveB

amazing what a spell out of the team can do, was seen as the problem until he missed a few games then we suddenly realised he's actually quite good
Iroegbaenum - Decent prospect on 08:41 - Apr 24 with 2303 viewsBAWHoops

He's clearly got bags of talent but some gaping holes in his game.
He's only a teenager though and the stuff that's missing can be coached. He'll be a better player for having gone through this season and will likely excel in a proper team playing good football next season.

The ridiculous thing about bis loan was that we were never going to keep him, he's made mistakes on our time completely for the benefit of others and kept our own development prospects out the team (debating the merits of Dozzell, Amos etc is for another time).

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Iroegbaenum - Decent prospect on 14:29 - Apr 24 with 2029 viewsgolborne

Iroegbaenum - Decent prospect on 20:57 - Apr 23 by 89_50

Probably worth noting that he'd never played 90 minutes of senior football before coming here, so that has to be taken into account when assessing his season.

Frustrating that he's learning his craft on our watch, but unfortunately that's the situation.

He's obviously far from the finished article, but when he's good he really is excellent. For someone to be that confident and that assured, having only made 30-odd appearances, suggests he could be a leading midfielder in a couple of years.

It's more a reflection on us that we've been over-reliant on him. That we essentially hinged our midfield on 19-year-old that had never played senior football before still baffles me.

burnley had at least 3 loanees in their starting 11, it's the league, not just us
Iroegbaenum - Decent prospect on 14:40 - Apr 24 with 1986 viewssprocket

You would think this season and another year older will make him a decent player at this level come next season. Doubt he will be anywhere near AV lineup next season either. Ideally you would like to see QPR play their own players but the likes of Dozzell (not good enough) Amos (not fit enough) Johansen (legs gone) leaves us with a problem for next season. Unlikely we will be able to afford him so perhaps another team might come in for him?
[Post edited 24 Apr 2023 14:41]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024