Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our support today. 17:30 - Apr 29 with 7970 viewsMick_S

Not bad for a smallish club. Bloody magnificent on my stream.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Our support today. on 17:46 - Apr 29 with 5881 viewsPaddyhoops

Loud and proud.
Our support today. on 17:55 - Apr 29 with 5804 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Unbelieveable.
Loudest 'Captain Jack' I've heard in ages. And never stopped all game.

Plus....2,000! That's excellent numbers.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Our support today. on 18:00 - Apr 29 with 5737 viewsthemodfather

very loud on radio
Our support today. on 18:11 - Apr 29 with 5606 viewsnumbers912

You could actually hear the ‘controller’ of Capt Jack! Magnificent effort from the fans today
Our support today. on 18:23 - Apr 29 with 5483 viewsstowmarketrange

Just back on the train now and sinking a cold beer.The fans were superb today,especially the 2nd half.Absolutely brilliant day and I don’t care if I won’t get home until 23.15.I might find a pub still open celebrating Ipswich’s promotion.
Well done to everyone who travelled today,but their stewards are like little hitlers.
Our support today. on 18:33 - Apr 29 with 5379 viewsterryb

Our support today. on 18:23 - Apr 29 by stowmarketrange

Just back on the train now and sinking a cold beer.The fans were superb today,especially the 2nd half.Absolutely brilliant day and I don’t care if I won’t get home until 23.15.I might find a pub still open celebrating Ipswich’s promotion.
Well done to everyone who travelled today,but their stewards are like little hitlers.

I'm staying well away from the town centre tonight!

By midday it was blue & white everywhere, apart from those wearing the red & black away kit! I can't recall the fans being so supportive, even in the Robson years.

I'm so pleased for you & all those at Stoke today. Thank you for representing Rangers Suffolk branch!
Our support today. on 18:40 - Apr 29 with 5329 viewsstowmarketrange

Our support today. on 18:33 - Apr 29 by terryb

I'm staying well away from the town centre tonight!

By midday it was blue & white everywhere, apart from those wearing the red & black away kit! I can't recall the fans being so supportive, even in the Robson years.

I'm so pleased for you & all those at Stoke today. Thank you for representing Rangers Suffolk branch!

Stowmarket closes down about 10.30,but we do have a nightclub that stays open until 3am though.But the kebab shop shuts at midnight.
That’s the 1st away win I’ve seen since middlesborough last season so I should have a couple to celebrate us staying up.
Our support today. on 19:19 - Apr 29 with 5131 viewsngbqpr

Remember many years ago Dave Thomas from AKUTRs saying a good way to judge a club's away following is by looking at what proportion of their average home attendance travel away.

By that criteria, I always think we must score VERY highly.

Great atmosphere today - even walking up to the ground just after 2.30 you could hear those already inside loud & proud.

By contrast, Stoke sang just once - when Bojan came on at ht. By the time they did their end of season lap of honour, the place was deserted. Not a happy fan base.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Login to get fewer ads

Our support today. on 20:24 - Apr 29 with 4960 viewsBogu

What a Ultras!!! You could hear them always during the match 👊👊👏👏
Our support today. on 20:43 - Apr 29 with 4852 viewsCopenhagenRs

Yes agree completely. That away section made all QPR fans proud. Proper noise and singing. Big up yourselves.
Our support today. on 21:02 - Apr 29 with 4785 viewsDorse

Bearing in mind that we only average about 14500 (inc. Away fans) at HQ, going mob-handed away with just over 2000 is crackers! Especially when we've been utter garbage for months on end.

Top work from all concerned. You lot are brilliant. Take a bow!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Our support today. on 21:03 - Apr 29 with 4783 viewsstowmarketrange

Our support today. on 20:43 - Apr 29 by CopenhagenRs

Yes agree completely. That away section made all QPR fans proud. Proper noise and singing. Big up yourselves.

I met a few Danish fans on the walk back to the station.Unfortunately they were only visiting and are going to the Man Utd game tomorrow,so they wanted to make a weekend of it by going to a Stoke game.They were very impressed by our support and wanted to know if they could get tickets to a qpr home game.I did tell them that it isn’t always like that.
They were sitting with the home fans about 10 rows behind the dugouts,and they certainly didn’t think much of the home fans,or our PNE tactics,
They all came from Jutland.
Our support today. on 23:06 - Apr 29 with 4549 viewsCopenhagenRs

Our support today. on 21:03 - Apr 29 by stowmarketrange

I met a few Danish fans on the walk back to the station.Unfortunately they were only visiting and are going to the Man Utd game tomorrow,so they wanted to make a weekend of it by going to a Stoke game.They were very impressed by our support and wanted to know if they could get tickets to a qpr home game.I did tell them that it isn’t always like that.
They were sitting with the home fans about 10 rows behind the dugouts,and they certainly didn’t think much of the home fans,or our PNE tactics,

That's funny. After the bore fest at Old Trafford the one thing they will remember coming back from their trip is QPR away having one hell of a party at Stoke :-)
Our support today. on 23:49 - Apr 29 with 4379 viewsWatford_Ranger

I think the free coaches had a big positive impact. It seemed to be a younger and more vocal crowd than we normally have when taking similar numbers.

I’m not saying they should be free every week as that’s a big cost for the club (probably) but maybe a bit of food for thought that making it a bit more affordable might benefit the team.
Our support today. on 01:39 - Apr 30 with 4184 viewsBoston

Our support today. on 23:49 - Apr 29 by Watford_Ranger

I think the free coaches had a big positive impact. It seemed to be a younger and more vocal crowd than we normally have when taking similar numbers.

I’m not saying they should be free every week as that’s a big cost for the club (probably) but maybe a bit of food for thought that making it a bit more affordable might benefit the team.

Noticeable, the number of gen whatever the fck it is now.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Our support today. on 01:45 - Apr 30 with 4172 viewsPunteR

I watched the game on a stream but to see all the support was incredible.
I couldn't give a shit about half our players atm, I'm not convinced on Ainsworth yet either , I'm completely done with Ferdinand as DoF and the owners can get in the bin. But to see the support , the joy at the end of the game made me proud to be a QPR supporter. The fans are what this club is all about. We're the one constant, dependable thing. Yeh we have our ups and downs too, a few falling outs etc but we have no agenda, we don't take out from the the club, we're all in. It's love, an addiction, it's in our DNA somehow. ,
I saw a few things on FB from Stoke fans saying that was the best away support they'd seen this season. Fairplay.
West London is wonderful.. and the R's are staying up.!.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Our support today. on 04:08 - Apr 30 with 4070 viewsdixiedean

Yep , came across loud and clear on the radio. Sorry for the Victor Meldrew input, but as recently as WBA a good number of fans were chanting “ you’re not fit to wear the shirt “ and the pathetic “ we’ve got / lost the ball “ song when we went 2-0 down.Hopefully those kind of people stay away In future and the proper fans outnumber them like at Stoke.
Our support today. on 06:11 - Apr 30 with 3984 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Our support today. on 21:03 - Apr 29 by stowmarketrange

Fcuk off Chelsea, West Jutland is ours!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Our support today. on 06:18 - Apr 30 with 3969 viewsMalintabuk

Our support today. on 04:08 - Apr 30 by dixiedean

Yep , came across loud and clear on the radio. Sorry for the Victor Meldrew input, but as recently as WBA a good number of fans were chanting “ you’re not fit to wear the shirt “ and the pathetic “ we’ve got / lost the ball “ song when we went 2-0 down.Hopefully those kind of people stay away In future and the proper fans outnumber them like at Stoke.

A lot of what you write is sensible, but that is the problem, being a fan is sometimes not sensible
We the fans love this club, and that is emotionally binding. If this was a marriage then 90% of people would walk away from it, but not football fans.
We think with our heart and sometimes, our club breaks that heart and we vent frustration.
I have been supporting this club since as far as I can remember. As a nearly 70 year old man I can still feel the excitement I had the night I went to my first ever game as a 9 year old... and even now as I walk up to the ground I tingle.... absolutely illogical
My 40 odd year marriage, my 3 daughters, my grandchildren....know they sometimes take a 2nd row. QPR losing makes me hell to live with for 24 hours, QPR playing badly makes me do one... and like today QPR winning and staving off relation makes me cry with pure joy
I never personally sang "your not fit" but I do understand it.
This post is not having a go at you dixie please don't think that, but just just trying to put another point of view.
Oh and PunterR if I could have up voted you twice I would have...
Our support today. on 07:47 - Apr 30 with 3824 viewsRangersw12

A fantastic day and the support was brilliant from start to finish

Loved the only fools and horses song
Our support today. on 07:48 - Apr 30 with 3821 viewsthehat

Brilliant away day……the best for quite some time.

Fans were class all day and never stopped - loud and proud.

Massive thanks to the club for laying on the coaches - nice touch.

“Gareth Ainsworth’s blue and white army”
Our support today. on 08:27 - Apr 30 with 3729 viewsSK_hoops

The atmosphere by the bar area was incredible from about 2:30. Reminded me of Orient away, the first away game after lockdown where people were going absolutely mental.
Our support today. on 09:32 - Apr 30 with 3598 viewsRangersw12

Our support today. on 09:42 - Apr 30 with 3559 viewsstowmarketrange

Our support today. on 08:27 - Apr 30 by SK_hoops

The atmosphere by the bar area was incredible from about 2:30. Reminded me of Orient away, the first away game after lockdown where people were going absolutely mental.

The only problem was caused by the stewards who insisted that we used the right entrance for your ticket.Not very good when you tried to use the green entrance but you’ve got a red ticket and have to try and squeeze through the crowd to get to the other end of the packed concourse to get to your seat.When you finally get there and find that there isn’t a red entrance as it’s called orange.
Fecking ridiculous system to try and enforce at 2.50pm in a packed away concourse.
Would it be too much of a problem to put up signs saying that you can only enter via the proper coloured stairway?
Our support today. on 09:53 - Apr 30 with 3520 viewsNorthernr

Our support today. on 09:42 - Apr 30 by stowmarketrange

The only problem was caused by the stewards who insisted that we used the right entrance for your ticket.Not very good when you tried to use the green entrance but you’ve got a red ticket and have to try and squeeze through the crowd to get to the other end of the packed concourse to get to your seat.When you finally get there and find that there isn’t a red entrance as it’s called orange.
Fecking ridiculous system to try and enforce at 2.50pm in a packed away concourse.
Would it be too much of a problem to put up signs saying that you can only enter via the proper coloured stairway?

They were lucky to get away without more of a problem than they had with that. Stoke is often the worst stewarded match we go to and, bar Hull, yesterday was no exception.

Outside they were funnelling you further down the stand to empty turnstiles at the end, but when we got in that put us at the opposite end of the stand to our seats. They then insisted you could only go up the gangway that was on your ticket, absolute jobsworth stuff, which funnelled a large amount of supporters all at once at about 245 down into that bar area which was already absolutely rammed. Little moment where the people in front of me weren't moving, the people behind were trying to push to get to the seats, that I just thought... hmmm this isn't feeling too good.

It's very rarely spoken about when we talk about fan behaviour, trouble at matches, overcrowding, policing etc but it is mad that every week safety critical role of stewards at football matches of 20,000 people plus are outsourced to some local nobody, K2 Security in this case, who then staff it by getting 200 people in off the street for four hours of minimum wage, as if the job is nothing more than showing people to their seats. It's a safety critical role and isn't treated as such. It'll catch some club, some support base, soembody out one day.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024