Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR 19:24 - May 8 with 15739 viewsBrianMcCarthy

This is what I don't get. He's talking more and more about transfrers as if he has, or wants, control over them. Shouldn't he be saying that he's looking forward to working with the DoF, or the recruitment team etc?

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/ainsworth-wants-proper-team-and-big-changes-

[Post edited 8 May 2023 19:46]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 16:52 - May 9 with 2143 viewsTheChef

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 16:09 - May 9 by A40Bosh

Interesting thread - and nice to see any counter arguments being respectfully handled by other posters - thankfully.

I have always tried to see an upside approaching a new season but I am now burnt out, and can see nothing positive.

This is nothing against GA or even LF, I just think that financially we are so poor in real terms, from an operating budget, that no matter what we have tried post FFP, we have run out of options to fix our on the field levels to try and at least punch above our weight.

The only possible thing that might save us is that GA might (MIGHT) have the man management skills to put the confidence and fear in to a new set of "rough diamonds" from league one or two who will then get enough points to get us mid-table or at least avoid relegation. That may come at the cost of sexy football - but we cannot have both at the moment.

I can't even see where we are going to get much money from in sales - unless Willock's agent has an old show reel to put under other clubs noses and say he is back from injury now and will be brilliant in a better team - The way he pulled out of challenges and went down yesterday had me screaming "just fuuucck off now" at him from the back row of SAR. If Sam Field's agent isn't hawking "QPR Player of the Year" around clubs already I would be very surprised - and he is the only one I would actually want to keep at all costs

Doomed.

At what point does this count as us being in an abusive relationship and you have to run away?

Have a break, have a Kit Kat.

No point obsessing over next season with so many imponderables this summer. Let's see where we are come August and worry about it then.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 17:49 - May 9 with 1888 viewsPunteR

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 21:49 - May 8 by Stanisgod

Trouble is in 7 years time any of those young lads that are any good will be off to Liverpool Chelsea or even Brentford.

None of those kids will be playing at those clubs. If they were good enough they would already be there.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 17:53 - May 9 with 1872 viewsHarbour

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 16:47 - May 9 by WatfordR

It doesn't matter whether the guy running the first team is Ainsworth or anyone else, and irrespective of what anyone thinks of the job LF has done, the club absolutely should have a DoF.

You can name any number of managers from the club's history that you like, none of them would, should or could dedicate the amount of time that is needed to instill a top to bottom, coherent, integrated football culture at the club.

A good, competent DoF should oversee what is happening at first team level, at B team level, U23 and downwards junior level, should be ensuring that all levels of recruitment are consistent with that culture, and that the development of players is happening within agreed and required parameters. And if anyone within the coaching, recruitment and development structure isn't doing what is expected and/or required, should be taking whatever action is necessary to rectify that underperformance.

Without any inside knowledge whatsoever, my feeling is that there is a culture of complacency running right through the club. Various interviews with individuals that I have seen on the club website often leave me feeling that some of those individuals think they are doing a far better job than results suggest. This comes from top management down. If you have the right management, you'll have the right performance from those below them.

Where I believe the problem arises, and I think this has been alluded to by a few posters, is when the senior club management, be it DoF or CEO, are not being held to the same level of accountability by their bosses, ie the owners, and their performance drops below acceptable levels. It seems very apparent to me that discipline within the first team squad has been allowed to drop below acceptable levels over the last 12-15 months, and that has to be the responsibility of the DoF.

I've said it elsewhere in the last week, there has to be more professionalism, more hunger for success, from top to bottom. Otherwise, every day we're simply slipping further behind all those other clubs who are "doing it right".

I'm torn about ST renewal next season. I want to support my club, but I don't want to be responsible in my small way for passively encouraging the club in going down a road that will cause them medium to long term damage at a time when we can least afford to. But I can tell you, not replacing LF with a DoF and allowing GA free reign to sign who he wants and dictate the sort of footballer that our academy produces would be my red line in the sand.

Great post agree with is 100% going with GA appears a different direction for the club need a good DoF to get the whole club back on the right direction.Probably time to give someone else a good thanks Les but now for someone else but getting the right person could be tricky.
Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 18:03 - May 9 with 1839 viewsPunteR

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 15:39 - May 9 by kensalriser

They must have been handing out rose tinted specs at games this season.

Briatore and Ecclestone got lucky and they got lucky with a playing budget more than double that of Norwich who finished only four points behind. People hail Warnock as a genius but the truth is that without Adel we wouldn't even have made the playoffs.
[Post edited 9 May 2023 17:20]

He's won seven promotions.

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 18:11 - May 9 with 1816 viewsPunteR

I dont care what the job title is, we just need someone here that knows the business of football.
They might as well let Ainsworth get his players in if we're keeping him employed this summer.
Hoos will just give him a budget and work to that.
[Post edited 9 May 2023 18:13]

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 18:41 - May 9 with 1712 viewsR_from_afar

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 14:59 - May 9 by Loyalitat

Totally agree but it won't happen.

This time last year, it was felt that Warburton "had failed", but still managed to get 28 points from our last 24 games. By way of contrast, a team that mirrored our second-half to the season drop off in form: Coventry City who finished below us, kept Robins, offered him a new deal and have now made this year's play-offs.

We got 66 points last year in a much harder league, not saying that Warburton would have replicated that, but 69 points got you into this year's play-offs. I say harder league as Bournemouth and Fulham are safe in the Premier League for another season, on the back of the nucleus of their respective Championship squads acquitting themselves very well in the league above.

After yesterday's results, Forest's prospects of staying up have improved too.
[Post edited 9 May 2023 16:23]

I really think we're torturing ourselves pining for Warburton, or even Warnock. Rangers is a tough gig and with our current FFP position, it's now even tougher. We need to let go of any thought of either of those two returning.

By the way, full disclosure: I didn't want Gareth as manager but I am prepared to give him a chance to sort the mess out, hopefully, supported by a DoF, ideally a replacement for Les.

We can talk about style, ability and systems all day and all night but there is a mentality issue which needs to be addressed (and a thread for it too, I know).

Effort, pride, resilience and determination have all been lacking and that needs to be addressed. I don't think Ainsworth will last long but I am hoping that he can at least establish some standards for the club for those four qualities I just mentioned. If all - or even half - of our players were strong on those fronts, it would make us overachieve and get us through some rough patches.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 19:24 - May 9 with 1621 viewskensalriser

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 18:03 - May 9 by PunteR

He's won seven promotions.

Do you think it would still be seven if he hadn't had Adel?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 19:41 - May 9 with 1576 viewsPunteR

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 19:24 - May 9 by kensalriser

Do you think it would still be seven if he hadn't had Adel?

Do you think Adel would be playing for us that season if we didnt have Warnock?

Login to get fewer ads

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 23:04 - May 9 with 1338 viewsnumptydumpty

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 19:41 - May 9 by PunteR

Do you think Adel would be playing for us that season if we didnt have Warnock?

No one else in first ten years of Adels career got anything out of Taraabt apart from Warnock.

But yes please The Two Wars , they never ever coming back, we got rid of both and neither like us anymore accordingly.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 09:42 - May 10 with 1120 viewsTheChef

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 18:41 - May 9 by R_from_afar

I really think we're torturing ourselves pining for Warburton, or even Warnock. Rangers is a tough gig and with our current FFP position, it's now even tougher. We need to let go of any thought of either of those two returning.

By the way, full disclosure: I didn't want Gareth as manager but I am prepared to give him a chance to sort the mess out, hopefully, supported by a DoF, ideally a replacement for Les.

We can talk about style, ability and systems all day and all night but there is a mentality issue which needs to be addressed (and a thread for it too, I know).

Effort, pride, resilience and determination have all been lacking and that needs to be addressed. I don't think Ainsworth will last long but I am hoping that he can at least establish some standards for the club for those four qualities I just mentioned. If all - or even half - of our players were strong on those fronts, it would make us overachieve and get us through some rough patches.

Well said, and totally agree on that last paragraph.

Let's not get too snobby about style of play - at a bare minimum we need to compete and earn the right to play, something sadly lacking this season and arguably since February 2022.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 00:21 - May 11 with 853 viewsBurnleyhoop

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 09:55 - May 9 by Antti_Heinola

If you think it can't get any worse, wait til next season when we haven't smashed 30 points in the first three months of the season.

Agree, lots oif players to go, but big turnover brings enormous risks. A high percentage of those have to come off.

Why?

Of the names I have mentioned (a good few more could easily be added to that list, including all of our bright young prospects tearing up the lower leagues), their collective contribution has been, shall we say, minimal.

It really won’t take very much at all to improve upon the utter dross of this season. A couple of good strong midfielders, a pacy forward and a new right back would make a world of difference.

We have had one decent midfielder across the entire season. Hardly surprising we have been a soft touch. Every club must have been rubbing their hands knowing they had to face the might of Dozzell, Amos, Tim, Adohma and Johansen “anchoring” our midfield.

No Antti, I honestly don’t think it will be that hard to improve upon this crop of players. But that doesn’t mean to say we will necessarily make much of an impact on our league standings. Just hoping it won’t be as pathetic as this season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024