Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR 19:24 - May 8 with 15740 viewsBrianMcCarthy

This is what I don't get. He's talking more and more about transfrers as if he has, or wants, control over them. Shouldn't he be saying that he's looking forward to working with the DoF, or the recruitment team etc?

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/ainsworth-wants-proper-team-and-big-changes-

[Post edited 8 May 2023 19:46]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 21:20 - May 8 with 3075 viewsslmrstid

We've just spent ages stressing over catastrophe's that may or may not occur to QPR to the end of this season.

Do we really need to spend time and energy catastrophising over things that may or may not happen next season? Must be exhausting to do so.

Its the summer now, we can all switch off, not our problem to worry about.
Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 21:23 - May 8 with 3044 viewsWegerles_Stairs

If today was his pitch to the owners, God help us.
Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 21:42 - May 8 with 2943 viewsStanFan

It's a mess. Realistically ...
- GA will be manager at the start of next season
- There will be big changes over the summer
- We are broke and don't have the money for decent players so it will be done on the cheap
- We must be one of the favourites (if not the favourite) for relegation next season
- There's nothing any of us can do about it.
So all we can do is hope that GA can find a way to make us competitive. Or hope that there are 3 teams even worse than us, which is probably our best chance.
Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 21:49 - May 8 with 2880 viewsStanisgod

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 20:12 - May 8 by RuislipHoop

You saw the future at half time,apparently.Walking around the pitch with 2 of CRs deciples

Trouble is in 7 years time any of those young lads that are any good will be off to Liverpool Chelsea or even Brentford.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 21:59 - May 8 with 2835 viewsloftus77

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 21:42 - May 8 by StanFan

It's a mess. Realistically ...
- GA will be manager at the start of next season
- There will be big changes over the summer
- We are broke and don't have the money for decent players so it will be done on the cheap
- We must be one of the favourites (if not the favourite) for relegation next season
- There's nothing any of us can do about it.
So all we can do is hope that GA can find a way to make us competitive. Or hope that there are 3 teams even worse than us, which is probably our best chance.

On 3 worse teams, very early days, but already I'm thinking Cardiff, Stoke? and one of Bolton/Barnsley & Posh (yes them again). Really can't afford Sheff Wed to win L1 play-offs.

Can't think of anyone else we could 'mix it with' unless there are major points deductions - Brum? Hull? West Brom???
Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 22:04 - May 8 with 2790 viewsHarbour

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 20:16 - May 8 by bosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/ainsworth-post-qprbrc-080523/

Post match today. There are some interesting comments in there, the main one being if the club was doing a lot better I wouldn't be here. As above I am not sure he can do it but it was perhaps a glimpse into what he's really thought of what he's found here and perhaps that will be reflected in who gets shown the door and how quickly they are shown it?

“Our main aims was to stay in the division this season” really…? I hope I am wrong but on todays performance and the games since Gareth arrived we look in dead trouble the tactics the subs just not working. The football awful to watch. I am glad he got the 3 wins and 2 draws to keep us up but need drastic improvement in tactics squad and approach for next season.
Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 22:09 - May 8 with 2758 viewsLoyalitat

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 21:59 - May 8 by loftus77

On 3 worse teams, very early days, but already I'm thinking Cardiff, Stoke? and one of Bolton/Barnsley & Posh (yes them again). Really can't afford Sheff Wed to win L1 play-offs.

Can't think of anyone else we could 'mix it with' unless there are major points deductions - Brum? Hull? West Brom???

Have you seen any of Bolton, Barnsley and Peterborough play this season. Based on our aversion to do next to nothing constructive throughout Ainsworth's reign, none of those sides will fear what we have to offer. They all play the kind of football that most of us wish our team should try to play.

If any of those were to get promoted, I don't think the prospect of playing us will fill them with dread. The division one play-offs will be keenly contested with all of the aforementioned sides capable of playing very good football.

The Ainsworth way, is fast becoming an outlier, as I'm sure those play-off games in division one will attest
[Post edited 8 May 2023 22:53]
Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 22:18 - May 8 with 2709 views222gers

I think we'll up ship creek without a paddle next season.
The six new teams that will be in the Champ next season look to be tougher than in recent years. Then there are the residual teams like Watford, Blackburn, Norwich et al.
Quite hard to find the perennial “three teams worse than us).
Login to get fewer ads

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 22:44 - May 8 with 2622 viewsNorthernr

One or two changes today might have been a start. WTAF was that?
Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 22:53 - May 8 with 2585 viewsBucksRanger

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 22:44 - May 8 by Northernr

That was a shop window and the team were the dummies.
Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 22:55 - May 8 with 2545 viewsNortholt_Rs

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 22:18 - May 8 by 222gers

I think we'll up ship creek without a paddle next season.
The six new teams that will be in the Champ next season look to be tougher than in recent years. Then there are the residual teams like Watford, Blackburn, Norwich et al.
Quite hard to find the perennial “three teams worse than us).

Yeah - we got very lucky this season.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 23:18 - May 8 with 2463 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Very strange today. He knows plenty of fans are already against him (interesting to read Dave Thomas's view in AKUTRs) and today was a free pass to show that you can do things differently. Yet, he lines up 4-4-2, plays the geriatrics and goes full hoof. Didn't even bring Dixon-Bonner on! A completely baffling and very depressing performance.
Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 23:24 - May 8 with 2432 viewsCateLeBonR

How can last game of the season ever be a start.
Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 23:25 - May 8 with 2429 viewsted_hendrix

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 23:18 - May 8 by Wegerles_Stairs

Very strange today. He knows plenty of fans are already against him (interesting to read Dave Thomas's view in AKUTRs) and today was a free pass to show that you can do things differently. Yet, he lines up 4-4-2, plays the geriatrics and goes full hoof. Didn't even bring Dixon-Bonner on! A completely baffling and very depressing performance.

We currently have a team of dinosaurs being Managed by a bloody dinosaur.

Some of our dinosaurs are extinct and some or most of them should be extinct.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 23:31 - May 8 with 2395 viewsvanrrrr

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 23:18 - May 8 by Wegerles_Stairs

Especially as in pre match vid he went on about giving time to players who had not been playing as much.

Clueless, braindead football - at least give me some hope so I can justify the ST renewals to myself ,FFS.
Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 23:41 - May 8 with 2348 viewsNorthernr

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 23:31 - May 8 by vanrrrr

Especially as in pre match vid he went on about giving time to players who had not been playing as much.

Clueless, braindead football - at least give me some hope so I can justify the ST renewals to myself ,FFS.

Gaslighting the supporters again. The boys have given me everything, the boys care, the boys this, the boys that, we'll maybe freshen it up last game, give some other boys a chance to show what great boys they are, some boys might be playing for new boy contracts... 442, adomah, martin... season tickets on sale next week, roll up roll up.

It was some pitch, as pitches go. I know which team out of us and theirs I'd be excited about watching next season.
Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 23:46 - May 8 with 2310 viewsBoston

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 20:10 - May 8 by Antti_Heinola

agree with that.

We'll be relegated next season.

Blimey Anntti, when the going gets tough...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 23:48 - May 8 with 2300 viewsCateLeBonR

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 23:41 - May 8 by Northernr

Gaslighting the supporters again. The boys have given me everything, the boys care, the boys this, the boys that, we'll maybe freshen it up last game, give some other boys a chance to show what great boys they are, some boys might be playing for new boy contracts... 442, adomah, martin... season tickets on sale next week, roll up roll up.

It was some pitch, as pitches go. I know which team out of us and theirs I'd be excited about watching next season.

"I know which team out of us and theirs I'd be excited about watching next season"

Unfortunately you don't get a choice Clive.
Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 00:44 - May 9 with 2211 viewsBurnleyhoop

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 20:10 - May 8 by Antti_Heinola

agree with that.

We'll be relegated next season.

Love the optimism.

Whatever Ainsworth comes up with, it really can’t be any worse than watching the likes of Amos, Dozzell, Adohma, Johansen, Roberts, Richards and a crocked Willock muster.

I have never seen such a bunch of lame arses in forty + years of supporting Rangers and I cannot believe that next seasons team can possibly be any worse than this lot.

Not expecting the football to be great, but giving a toss would make a pleasant change and would likely have us finishing back in our favourite finishing spot of 16th. Can’t wait.
Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 00:59 - May 9 with 2198 viewsNorthLondonR

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 20:02 - May 8 by bosh67

I love Gareth as a character and as a player. His heart is totally in this. I guess if we had won today we would all be feeling a little differently. The biggest fear I have is that we'll lose a lot of players over the summer and come out in August playing very much the same way. He's very experienced at playing football a certain way and I am very much wanting to give him the benefit of the doubt that he can play another way. He adjusted the style to get the wins we needed but in terms of the fast flowing football we sometimes see in this division, and the way we played under Warburton, I am struggling to see him really doing that.

Nothing against Gareth, something against Beale and nothing against Critchley, but although we were on a bad run at the end, what were they thinking in terms of getting rid of Warburton? I seem to remember it was something to do with him not playing the kids because he didn't think they were good enough at that time. However, our style of football was about entertainment and although we al love good results, football is an entertainment industry and people pay their hard earned money to watch entertaining football, even if you don't win much in the process.

It's the first time I can remember in ages thinking blimey if we play anything like this next season we'll be left behind forever by most teams at this level who simply play better football at a higher standard. I hope I am very much wrong.

If this post had a soundtrack....

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 06:19 - May 9 with 2078 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

At the end of the game i was just speechless, it was that bad. I thank God my son is off to university, so I had already decided not to renew my ST, but I wouldn't anyway now.

Grim.
Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 09:29 - May 9 with 1791 viewssdm1508

Interestingly Mittal was apparently at the game. Bit weird to attend that game of all games. Then the other week LF was over in Asia for a guest speaking engagement. Maybe also their to see the owners. Purely speculative, maybe there are some bigger changes to come
Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 09:55 - May 9 with 1662 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 00:44 - May 9 by Burnleyhoop

Love the optimism.

Whatever Ainsworth comes up with, it really can’t be any worse than watching the likes of Amos, Dozzell, Adohma, Johansen, Roberts, Richards and a crocked Willock muster.

I have never seen such a bunch of lame arses in forty + years of supporting Rangers and I cannot believe that next seasons team can possibly be any worse than this lot.

Not expecting the football to be great, but giving a toss would make a pleasant change and would likely have us finishing back in our favourite finishing spot of 16th. Can’t wait.

If you think it can't get any worse, wait til next season when we haven't smashed 30 points in the first three months of the season.

Agree, lots oif players to go, but big turnover brings enormous risks. A high percentage of those have to come off.

Bare bones.

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 10:09 - May 9 with 1593 viewsSonofpugwash

A fundamental change with the emphasis on"mental".Players have a set way and no amount of cajoling will alter that,a complete reset needed.It's like a Donkey Deby,you have to have a horseshoe shaped track as the little egits won't go past the start line for another lap.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 10:14 - May 9 with 1561 viewsBklynRanger

Ainsworth wants ‘big changes’ at QPR on 20:06 - May 8 by BrianMcCarthy

You may well be right, Antti, and I would guess that you are, but I'm getting increasingly worried that he might not be replaced.

I think there is a reasonable chance that the DoF role will be modified or combined in some way as part of an off pitch restructure. It could even, at a stretch, be a way to move Les out while letting him save face.

Ainsworth will be well aware of the financial issues looming and that may have been part of the attraction of getting him in - to help build a squad on an absolute shoe-string that can keep us in the division for a season or two while we weather the next FFP/P&S problems.

A more experienced manager at this level, or one with a different approach, might have been looking to bring in players over the summer that we can't afford. Or keep players that we have to sell. In contrast GA has probably committed to working with far less than anyone in recent seasons and that's giving him a strange kind of stability in the club at this moment.

I'm not even totally negative about that tbh. It's seriously depressing but if it's the reality then we 'll need to get on with it for now. And I didn't really mind anything he said in that short post match, it was what he'd served up in the 90 minutes before that worries me most in the short term.
[Post edited 9 May 2023 10:16]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024