Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth 'Looking to the Future' Offish interview 20:20 - May 14 with 10773 viewsstainrods_elbow

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/ainsworth-interview-140523/

First off, the mucky state of the exec box glass behind him feels to me symbolic of the lack of a clear outlook (of which more below), as well as the institutionally slovenly state of LR - plus ca change, I guess.

Apparently, he was bowled over by the quality of our possession football when he arrived (which I must have missed), though concerned with the lack of chances we were creating.

We weren't/aren't fit enough - though didn't add that bears have also been known to shit in the woods.

Oh, and team morale was in their boots.

The training ground, if we're humble and grateful for it, can play a big part in engendering a committed footballing culture.

We've got some brilliant players, and they've 'done really well' when he thinks of where they were when he came in (8 points of the relegation places) to where they were at the end (effectively staying up by one point if we take off the Reading punishment). Staying up was an 'achievement'.

All the senior players have helped us over the line, including Jojo, who helped us by, uh, not playing. Balogun, Albert and Martin all 'bought in'.

He wants to look at the injury situation, and the reasons for it, but doesn't want to give us any details.

As to how he wants us to play, we need to 'cut our cloth' according to the resources we have. Ideally, he'd want us to play fast, flowing, passing football like in the past, and reckons he's been good in getting the likes of Ilias into that no.10 pocket where he can shine (as we all saw against Brizzle, stuck out at left half), but his main objective is to get us points with two or three passes to goal rather than ten.

The owners care, really care, and he thinks it's the best job in the world, which is the main thing.

So that's it - all as clear as mud! I REALLY want to love and get behind GA, and the proof of the pudding etc., but I'm left baffled by his picture of the season and mystified as to where we're headed now.

Perhaps we'll all feel better and come back refreshed after a long holiday! I know I need one.

[Post edited 14 May 2023 20:22]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Ainsworth 'Looking to the Future' Offish interview on 20:25 - May 14 with 6484 viewscolinallcars

Oh, he omitted to say the EFL will be emailing Richards in June before compiling the fixtures, asking when he might be available to do the odd nine minutes.
Ainsworth 'Looking to the Future' Offish interview on 20:39 - May 14 with 6396 viewsGaryBannister86

Ainsworth 'Looking to the Future' Offish interview on 20:25 - May 14 by colinallcars

Oh, he omitted to say the EFL will be emailing Richards in June before compiling the fixtures, asking when he might be available to do the odd nine minutes.

Agreed on the state of the executive box windows. Small details, perhaps, but in any business that kind of public slovenliness does not paint a great picture.

Presuming and hoping that the handprints are from fans rather than employees getting a bit too fruity.

I don't really believe much of what GA is saying, as you point out it doesn't match with reality. But I guess that is all part of his keeping the players onside, so worth a try.
Ainsworth 'Looking to the Future' Offish interview on 21:07 - May 14 with 6290 viewsQPR_John

“ We've got some brilliant players, and they've 'done really well' when he thinks of where they were when he came in (8 points of the relegation places) to where they were at the end (effectively staying up by one point if we take off the Reading punishment). Staying up was an 'achievement'. ”

Don’t understand the point. It’s not where we were when he came in but more the direction of travel. We were heading like an express train towards relegation. That we were not relegated is I think the point he was making
Ainsworth 'Looking to the Future' Offish interview on 21:53 - May 14 with 6147 viewsnumptydumpty

I not got anything to add other than, things can't get any worse hopefully...

Will only comment about new regime six games in, next season....

Reckon there will be almost a total turnover of staff and players...

Think Les won't be here and probably Hall and Ramsey also ...

We will have Razor Ruddock at the back. Vinnie Jones Centre Mid and Fash the Bash up front !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Ainsworth 'Looking to the Future' Offish interview on 22:37 - May 14 with 5999 viewscolinallcars

Ainsworth 'Looking to the Future' Offish interview on 21:07 - May 14 by QPR_John

“ We've got some brilliant players, and they've 'done really well' when he thinks of where they were when he came in (8 points of the relegation places) to where they were at the end (effectively staying up by one point if we take off the Reading punishment). Staying up was an 'achievement'. ”

Don’t understand the point. It’s not where we were when he came in but more the direction of travel. We were heading like an express train towards relegation. That we were not relegated is I think the point he was making

Very well put - we were, indeed heading like a express train toward relegation. I'd given up hope.
After months of running up the white flag at the first hint of a problem, there were gutsy performances v Watford, Burnley and Stoke and in part, Norwich, and Brom.
Sadly, I just can't see this ending well. Like all of us I want to see GA succeed but I just have this gnawing doubt.
Ainsworth 'Looking to the Future' Offish interview on 08:08 - May 15 with 5542 viewsHastings_Hoops

His main point throughout the interview being that he will remain positive and if he shows an ounce of negativity his players and staff will see through and not trust him.
Ainsworth 'Looking to the Future' Offish interview on 08:19 - May 15 with 5495 viewsGloucs_R

We are where we are and I think we should all just get behind him now.

His first few signings are going to be really key as is the formation that he starts with next season which I can see being either a 433 or a 451 depending on the situation.

Neither of those formations lends themself to a number 10. He also mentioned he likes getting balls whipped into the box.

So unless he surprises me by starting with a 532 formation then expect a very different forward line next season with the likes of Chair and Willock departing.

I think it was on the West London sport podcast last week but they used to terminology and more industrial team. Which, for the budget we have, is probably where we are now. Cheaper players, not as skillful, but hopefully with far more determination, discipline and tenacity than the current bunch.

It very much sounded like he wanted to move away from ex academy players who are used to fantastic facilities and a little bit spoilt. To be honest this hasn't really worked for us in the last few years anyway. If you look at Luton squad the majority of it comes from the lower leagues.
[Post edited 15 May 2023 8:20]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ainsworth 'Looking to the Future' Offish interview on 08:58 - May 15 with 5362 viewsRangersw12

Got to love his enthusiasm and he does truly care for the club.

Main concern for me and always will be our style of play. If he plays a high pressing, high tempo football with crosses into the box and instills a identity then great but if we play a 442 dull defensive football like we did last season then it's going to be a tough watch and he won't last long.

Hopefully the board have already sat down with him stating what they and the fans expect in respect of style of play

First couple of signings will show what type of team he's trying to build.
Login to get fewer ads

Ainsworth 'Looking to the Future' Offish interview on 09:09 - May 15 with 5311 viewsdaveB

He certainly talks a good game, hopefully we see some of this on the pitch
Ainsworth 'Looking to the Future' Offish interview on 09:11 - May 15 with 5297 viewsR_from_afar

Ainsworth 'Looking to the Future' Offish interview on 08:19 - May 15 by Gloucs_R

We are where we are and I think we should all just get behind him now.

His first few signings are going to be really key as is the formation that he starts with next season which I can see being either a 433 or a 451 depending on the situation.

Neither of those formations lends themself to a number 10. He also mentioned he likes getting balls whipped into the box.

So unless he surprises me by starting with a 532 formation then expect a very different forward line next season with the likes of Chair and Willock departing.

I think it was on the West London sport podcast last week but they used to terminology and more industrial team. Which, for the budget we have, is probably where we are now. Cheaper players, not as skillful, but hopefully with far more determination, discipline and tenacity than the current bunch.

It very much sounded like he wanted to move away from ex academy players who are used to fantastic facilities and a little bit spoilt. To be honest this hasn't really worked for us in the last few years anyway. If you look at Luton squad the majority of it comes from the lower leagues.
[Post edited 15 May 2023 8:20]

Couldn't he use a 4 2 3 1 formation? That can accommodate a no. 10. Just a thought.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Ainsworth 'Looking to the Future' Offish interview on 09:21 - May 15 with 5235 viewsRs_Holy

Ainsworth 'Looking to the Future' Offish interview on 08:58 - May 15 by Rangersw12

Main concern for me and always will be our style of play. If he plays a high pressing, high tempo football with crosses into the box and instills a identity then great but if we play a 442 dull defensive football like we did last season then it's going to be a tough watch and he won't last long.

Hopefully the board have already sat down with him stating what they and the fans expect in respect of style of play

that is exactly where I am... We have someone in charge who loves the club which has to count for something.
Ainsworth 'Looking to the Future' Offish interview on 09:22 - May 15 with 5224 viewsMaggsinho

I see we're at the 'those windows need a clean' stage of criticising the club
Ainsworth 'Looking to the Future' Offish interview on 09:25 - May 15 with 5204 viewsWatfordR

Ainsworth 'Looking to the Future' Offish interview on 09:21 - May 15 by Rs_Holy

that is exactly where I am... We have someone in charge who loves the club which has to count for something.

I love the club, but it wouldn't count for very much if you made me manager.

How far into the season are we going to get before we hear the first reference to what "a massive achievement it will be to stay up"?
Ainsworth 'Looking to the Future' Offish interview on 09:38 - May 15 with 5153 viewsGloucs_R

Ainsworth 'Looking to the Future' Offish interview on 09:11 - May 15 by R_from_afar

Couldn't he use a 4 2 3 1 formation? That can accommodate a no. 10. Just a thought.

Absolutely but not sure we'll have any number 10s here next season other than Richards.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ainsworth 'Looking to the Future' Offish interview on 09:41 - May 15 with 5152 viewsPikey

Not long " it will be a massive achievement to stay up there in the top 6" .
Can we have a bit of bloody optimism in the summer please. Oh sorry forgot the windows were dirty, and the water pressure a bit low
. C'mon stop looking at negatives glass half full please.
Ainsworth 'Looking to the Future' Offish interview on 10:02 - May 15 with 5086 viewsGaryBannister86

Ainsworth 'Looking to the Future' Offish interview on 09:41 - May 15 by Pikey

Not long " it will be a massive achievement to stay up there in the top 6" .
Can we have a bit of bloody optimism in the summer please. Oh sorry forgot the windows were dirty, and the water pressure a bit low
. C'mon stop looking at negatives glass half full please.

I agree it isn't the end of the world, but it is what it represents. How did the media team not notice that at the start? Or in the edit and ask for it to be reshot? It's shoddy, shows a lack of care and interest and makes us look two bob.

If I was the CEO and saw this video I would be unimpressed. I bet you the most successful clubs and companies have impeccable standards throughout all their staff, not just on the pitch.

As I say, it is what it represents. GA is sitting there banging on about wonderful facilities and raising commitment and standards throughout the whole club.....in front of a whole load of friggin' handprints. Sort it out.
Ainsworth 'Looking to the Future' Offish interview on 10:09 - May 15 with 5019 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Ainsworth 'Looking to the Future' Offish interview on 08:58 - May 15 by Rangersw12

He will be playing hoofball. That's all he's ever played and all he's capable of. If that gets us up challenging the play-offs, then he'll be a success. If, as I suspect given he's already downplaying expectations, we are down the bottom, he'll be gone by October.
[Post edited 15 May 2023 10:10]
Ainsworth 'Looking to the Future' Offish interview on 10:24 - May 15 with 4898 viewsdaveB

Ainsworth 'Looking to the Future' Offish interview on 10:09 - May 15 by Wegerles_Stairs

He will be playing hoofball. That's all he's ever played and all he's capable of. If that gets us up challenging the play-offs, then he'll be a success. If, as I suspect given he's already downplaying expectations, we are down the bottom, he'll be gone by October.
[Post edited 15 May 2023 10:10]

He says as much in the interview that you don't get many goals scored with 10 passes, which is complete nonsense but shows his way of thinking
Ainsworth 'Looking to the Future' Offish interview on 10:35 - May 15 with 4815 viewsBlue_Castello

Well there were plenty of people on this Forum who didn't want Warnock, let's wait and see and give the bloke a chance....
Ainsworth 'Looking to the Future' Offish interview on 10:35 - May 15 with 4814 viewsRs_Holy

Ainsworth 'Looking to the Future' Offish interview on 09:25 - May 15 by WatfordR

I love the club, but it wouldn't count for very much if you made me manager.

How far into the season are we going to get before we hear the first reference to what "a massive achievement it will be to stay up"?

I might be the minority but I think GA is getting things just right tbh!... Be humble, appreciate playing for a great club with excellent training facilities, work on teamwork and improved fitness... We have a very low budget compared with most clubs in the division but working on the basics might just improve results?
Ainsworth 'Looking to the Future' Offish interview on 10:51 - May 15 with 4685 viewsdaveB

Ainsworth 'Looking to the Future' Offish interview on 10:35 - May 15 by Blue_Castello

Well there were plenty of people on this Forum who didn't want Warnock, let's wait and see and give the bloke a chance....

slightly different scenario and there were plenty on this forum who didn't want managers who didn't work out like Hughes, JFH and McClaren.

he'll get a chance, in the stadiums the fans have been right behind him and the team but it's only fair on forums like this to express concerns and there are a lot of concerns about what we've seen so far and what might happen
Ainsworth 'Looking to the Future' Offish interview on 10:54 - May 15 with 4658 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Ainsworth 'Looking to the Future' Offish interview on 10:24 - May 15 by daveB

He says as much in the interview that you don't get many goals scored with 10 passes, which is complete nonsense but shows his way of thinking

I'm still in shock that it was our chairman, who rarely attends matches, who appointed him because he "wanted to scratch an itch". Seems a bit cruel on the supporters who actually have to watch it!
Ainsworth 'Looking to the Future' Offish interview on 11:13 - May 15 with 4569 viewsCateLeBonR

I had a dream last night about watching us next season. It was actually quite good to watch, fast flowing no nonsense football and pacy wingers. So everyone can stop worrying!
Ainsworth 'Looking to the Future' Offish interview on 12:34 - May 15 with 4380 viewsSnipper

As every year passes, the Championship is becoming harder.
The three teams coming down from the Premiership will be strong, and all in the top six. The three coming up will be no mugs either.

Then you’ve got the teams who miss out on promotion via the playoffs.

Millwall just missed out on the last day, and Luton finished third. Both are similar size to QPR, but the big difference is they’re both very well run clubs with good management structure, whereas we’re a complete shambles in structure.

As it stands at the mo, I honestly can’t see us not being relegated next season.
Ainsworth 'Looking to the Future' Offish interview on 13:40 - May 15 with 4094 viewsSakura

Ainsworth 'Looking to the Future' Offish interview on 12:34 - May 15 by Snipper

As every year passes, the Championship is becoming harder.
The three teams coming down from the Premiership will be strong, and all in the top six. The three coming up will be no mugs either.

Then you’ve got the teams who miss out on promotion via the playoffs.

Millwall just missed out on the last day, and Luton finished third. Both are similar size to QPR, but the big difference is they’re both very well run clubs with good management structure, whereas we’re a complete shambles in structure.

As it stands at the mo, I honestly can’t see us not being relegated next season.

Specifically on your reference to “structure”. Can you explain what you actually mean?

Are Millwall they structured any differently? I don't think they are. So can you explain the differences you believe that exist in terms of structure between us and Millwall?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024