Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JoJo Gone 16:59 - Jun 19 with 21194 viewsDubaiR

Left the club.
JoJo Gone on 17:29 - Jun 19 with 2668 viewsNorthernr

JoJo Gone on 17:21 - Jun 19 by Benny_the_Ball

Understandable as his star was fading and he commanded a significant wage.

Field aside, we're seriously lacking quality in midfield. Dozzell hasn't delivered yet and Richards struggles to stay fit. Some decent reinforcements are needed.

Well atm we're lacking in everything.

Players still here who played minutes last season..

Dieng

drewe
kakay
jcs
dunne
paal
Nico

Adomah
Chair
dozzell
field
Richards
EDB

Armstrong
dykes
willock
JoJo Gone on 17:29 - Jun 19 with 2662 viewsconnell10

I'm glad he has , the bloke was always injured and probably on good money.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

JoJo Gone on 17:36 - Jun 19 with 2559 viewsBenny_the_Ball

JoJo Gone on 17:29 - Jun 19 by Northernr

Dieng

drewe
kakay
jcs
dunne
paal
Nico

Adomah
Chair
dozzell
field
Richards
EDB

Armstrong
dykes
willock

Granted but given that Chair and Willock are more advanced players, I'd say that midfield is the weakest part of the squad.

P.S. I realise that it's a sensitive topic but has Chris Martin not been retained or is he still "in discussion"?
[Post edited 19 Jun 2023 17:43]
JoJo Gone on 17:38 - Jun 19 with 2545 viewsGloucs_R

He's been awful for 18 months. Always injured, always a sideway pass and on a substantial wage.

No great loss in my opinion.

Poll: Are we staying up?

JoJo Gone on 17:40 - Jun 19 with 2511 viewsessextaxiboy

JoJo Gone on 17:38 - Jun 19 by Gloucs_R

He's been awful for 18 months. Always injured, always a sideway pass and on a substantial wage.

No great loss in my opinion.

Agreed , last season was one too many, same as Austin .
JoJo Gone on 17:41 - Jun 19 with 2503 viewsToast_R

JoJo Gone on 17:25 - Jun 19 by Antti_Heinola

Not sure how an international captain is not captain material?

Every single fan was desperate for Johansen to sign. Don't hugely blame the club for having a go. As Clive has said, if you look at his record it was just continual success - til he joined us!

For me , your captain has to be on the field and Johansen was injured 50% of the time and always struggled with 2 games a week. Seemed a bit daft keeping him on as club captain when this became quickly apparent. In his contract maybe?

Not saying there were better alternatives in the squad mind especially last season. Perhaps Barbet would have been a better choice for the one season "We had a go".

We all wanted him agreed, but turns out the three signing we were all desperate for that summer turned out to be a massive waste of resources so what do we know?
JoJo Gone on 17:41 - Jun 19 with 2491 viewsderbyhoop

Dieng

drewe
kakay
jcs
dunne
paal
Nico

Adomah
Chair
dozzell
field
Richards
EDB

Armstrong
dykes
willock

A squad of 16. What could possibly go wrong?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

JoJo Gone on 17:42 - Jun 19 with 2493 viewsted_hendrix

Bye.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

JoJo Gone on 17:44 - Jun 19 with 2468 viewsNorthernr

JoJo Gone on 17:36 - Jun 19 by Benny_the_Ball

Granted but given that Chair and Willock are more advanced players, I'd say that midfield is the weakest part of the squad.

P.S. I realise that it's a sensitive topic but has Chris Martin not been retained or is he still "in discussion"?
[Post edited 19 Jun 2023 17:43]

who knows?
And who knows if willock and chair are staying either.

It was always going to be like this I've been saying it for months.
JoJo Gone on 17:51 - Jun 19 with 2398 viewsJordanFoster

Went a bit OTT on the quote from Stef didn’t they? Stress about 6 times, he loves Ainsworth, they’re best mates, he love the club still, it’s all ended so amicably.
JoJo Gone on 17:57 - Jun 19 with 2355 viewsWatfordR

JoJo Gone on 17:51 - Jun 19 by JordanFoster

Went a bit OTT on the quote from Stef didn’t they? Stress about 6 times, he loves Ainsworth, they’re best mates, he love the club still, it’s all ended so amicably.

The club can push on how wonderful Ainsworth is all it likes, if we go into a new season playing the sort of cr@p his teams inflicted on us at the end of last season, we'll get battered and he'll get absolute pelters and be gone by October.
JoJo Gone on 17:57 - Jun 19 with 2356 viewsCiderwithRsie

JoJo Gone on 17:25 - Jun 19 by Antti_Heinola

Not sure how an international captain is not captain material?

Every single fan was desperate for Johansen to sign. Don't hugely blame the club for having a go. As Clive has said, if you look at his record it was just continual success - til he joined us!

On captaincy: That's the mystery. He was the obvious choice.

And yet...

Apart from the fitness issues, from what I could see on streams etc he really didn't provide the leadership I'd expected.

(I'm one of the "every single fans" so I make no criticism of the club for signing him, nor of letting him go now, but the last year has been hugely disappointing.)
JoJo Gone on 18:00 - Jun 19 with 2332 viewsHarbour

Started well but injuries done for him. Could not see him fitting in this season. Probably for the best he has gone.
JoJo Gone on 18:02 - Jun 19 with 2311 viewsSimonJames

Thanks Stefan for your efforrs. Best of luck in the future.

100% of people who drink water will die.

JoJo Gone on 18:03 - Jun 19 with 2308 viewsSK_hoops

JoJo Gone on 17:51 - Jun 19 by JordanFoster

Yet he said recently that Beale was the best manager he played for.
JoJo Gone on 18:09 - Jun 19 with 2260 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

JoJo Gone on 17:57 - Jun 19 by WatfordR

The club can push on how wonderful Ainsworth is all it likes, if we go into a new season playing the sort of cr@p his teams inflicted on us at the end of last season, we'll get battered and he'll get absolute pelters and be gone by October.

Ready to give him a chance I see!
JoJo Gone on 18:10 - Jun 19 with 2256 viewsBAWHoops

Dieng

drewe
kakay
jcs
dunne
paal
Nico

Adomah
Chair
dozzell
field
Richards
EDB

Armstrong
dykes
willock

Just don't see this as a bad thing. The last 18 months have been absolutely wretched (apart from October 2022 which was up there with Magilton's Magician's when it comes to moments in time).
Have absolutely no problem with them gutting the whole thing. Good players, bad players, nice players, players who love their Mum.... get rid.
It didn't work in an absolutely spectacular fashion and somehow we need to build something new.

Who is building it is where the problems begin though!

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

JoJo Gone on 18:11 - Jun 19 with 2251 viewsRangersw12

JoJo Gone on 18:09 - Jun 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

Not wrong though is he
JoJo Gone on 18:13 - Jun 19 with 2242 viewsNorthernr

JoJo Gone on 18:10 - Jun 19 by BAWHoops

Just don't see this as a bad thing. The last 18 months have been absolutely wretched (apart from October 2022 which was up there with Magilton's Magician's when it comes to moments in time).
Have absolutely no problem with them gutting the whole thing. Good players, bad players, nice players, players who love their Mum.... get rid.
It didn't work in an absolutely spectacular fashion and somehow we need to build something new.

Who is building it is where the problems begin though!

Absolutely agree mate as you know, been saying on here for months that this would happen, and writing regularly that it needs to happen.

The two problems, like you say, is who is putting it back together and in what image to what aim? And how much budget have we got to spend on that?

Was merely commenting on the "we're short in midfield" bit of Benny's post. We're short everywhere
JoJo Gone on 18:16 - Jun 19 with 2209 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

JoJo Gone on 18:11 - Jun 19 by Rangersw12

Not wrong though is he

I think he is to be honest. The myth overtook the man.
JoJo Gone on 18:29 - Jun 19 with 2119 viewsE15Hoop

Nice of our lot to be so open-minded, isn't it, Bazza?
I thought we were supposed to be a friendly, supportive family-orientated club who gets behind its heroes, but it turns out that actually those with the loudest voices just want to carp and criticise - even before they know what they're carping about.
Now if we haven't got any players in, and we can't see some semblance of structure by next season's beginning, then fair play, that's a different conversation, but it appears we like to go with "guilty until proven innocent" in our manor these days.
JoJo Gone on 18:32 - Jun 19 with 2097 viewsWatfordR

Do you honestly believe we are going to see anything radically different? It was utter sh1te, embarrassing. I couldn't watch that week after week over a whole season, and it won't win us enough games to keep us up, so the ends won't even justify the means.

Unlike some, it doesn't matter two hoots to me that he played for us, that he loves the club, or any of that old rubbish. He isn't up to the job imo, and every day we indulge this fantasy that he is, is just a waste of time.
JoJo Gone on 18:35 - Jun 19 with 2073 viewsE15Hoop

JoJo Gone on 18:32 - Jun 19 by WatfordR

Do you honestly believe we are going to see anything radically different? It was utter sh1te, embarrassing. I couldn't watch that week after week over a whole season, and it won't win us enough games to keep us up, so the ends won't even justify the means.

Unlike some, it doesn't matter two hoots to me that he played for us, that he loves the club, or any of that old rubbish. He isn't up to the job imo, and every day we indulge this fantasy that he is, is just a waste of time.

So you don't rate Richard Dobson either, then?
Clearly Matt Philips, Ebere Eze or Jordon Ibe know nothing about what it takes to be a successful player in that case, and we should be looking to your good self to head up player development..
JoJo Gone on 18:54 - Jun 19 with 1990 viewsHAYESBOY

Thought we might get a couple of sheckles for him at least.

Smells like a trout farm in here

JoJo Gone on 19:09 - Jun 19 with 1898 viewsWatfordR

JoJo Gone on 18:35 - Jun 19 by E15Hoop

So you don't rate Richard Dobson either, then?
Clearly Matt Philips, Ebere Eze or Jordon Ibe know nothing about what it takes to be a successful player in that case, and we should be looking to your good self to head up player development..

Was RD not at Ainsworth's side for all that dross last season then?

Eze got experience of league football at Wycombe, then developed into a better player playing regularly for us. Being the kind of outstanding young man he is, I'm sure he's nothing but polite and nice about any manager he's played for.

We've had Ilias Chair stuck out on the left wing under GA. Our most creative player stuck "out of the way", so we could accommodate two up front, including Chris Martin who has all the mobility of the Statue of Liberty. We've had Johansen, who apparently loves GA too, told there was no place for his passing style under GA's system.

I know you've taken it upon yourself to immediately slap down any and all posts criticising Ainsworth, but I really couldn't care less what you think. I know what I've seen of Ainsworth's style of football, and if he was capable of getting a team that plays modern football, we'd have seen it, particularly in the Bristol game where there was nothing to play for but pride.

Knock yourself out defending him. I'm not ignoring what I've seen thanks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024