Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watford First Game 10:36 - Jun 27 with 12009 viewssparkey

First game switched to Vicarage Road

Watford First Game on 11:37 - Jun 27 with 2824 viewsstevec

Watford First Game on 11:14 - Jun 27 by ParkRoyalR

Pitch was 10 years old and end of life, so all knew it needed complete replacement many months in advance,

Surely on this basis, Kiyan Prince game could have been booked in for day after our last home game or if not, moved to week prior to start of the new season on the new pitch?

Come on, this is basic stuff, just like our unuseable ticket selling website.

Not wishing to needlessly criticize the club, but 4 out of 5 first games are now away from home, not exactly helping ourselves here.

Do we yet know when pitch will be ready?

On the basis of last season perhaps the plan is to play the entire season away from home.
Watford First Game on 11:44 - Jun 27 with 2748 viewsconnell10

Reckon the club should broadcast the game to us for free as a good will gesture.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Watford First Game on 11:44 - Jun 27 with 2747 viewsaston_hoop

I'm sure the EFL are already looking into ways to give us a points deduction for this!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Watford First Game on 11:45 - Jun 27 with 2742 viewsaston_hoop

Also frustratingly, I'm in London that weekend and was looking forward to a first visit to Loftus Road in ages! Will try and make it to Watford instead

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Watford First Game on 11:55 - Jun 27 with 2643 viewsqpr1976

Watford First Game on 11:03 - Jun 27 by sdm19994

Trains booked from Leeds and a hotel paid for two now probably won’t get a ticket. Not that much of an issue for the majority but piss poor management from the club again.

Normally get plenty at Watford but as 1st game it Will be popular.

If you struggle for a ticket, my Son is a S/T holder AND lives & works in Leeds, so might be able to sort something out regards getting a ticket…..?
Watford First Game on 11:59 - Jun 27 with 2605 viewssdm19994

Watford First Game on 11:55 - Jun 27 by qpr1976

Normally get plenty at Watford but as 1st game it Will be popular.

If you struggle for a ticket, my Son is a S/T holder AND lives & works in Leeds, so might be able to sort something out regards getting a ticket…..?

Thank you, I appreciate that. I think I’ll be able to get one not sure about two
Watford First Game on 13:11 - Jun 27 with 2263 viewsStevenageRanger

Watford First Game on 11:44 - Jun 27 by connell10

Reckon the club should broadcast the game to us for free as a good will gesture.

They are not allowed due to the Saturday 3pm blockout (unless you are overseas)
Watford First Game on 13:23 - Jun 27 with 2170 viewsstowmarketrange

Watford First Game on 11:18 - Jun 27 by paulhoop2

Think it’s more of a Hearts issue - possibly Luton at home that day as they share resources etc ?

The premier league doesn’t start until august 12th,so not an issue for that game.Our home fixture might be a different matter.
Login to get fewer ads

Watford First Game on 13:26 - Jun 27 with 2152 viewsTheChef

Watford First Game on 13:11 - Jun 27 by StevenageRanger

They are not allowed due to the Saturday 3pm blockout (unless you are overseas)

In which case the club should take us all on holiday to Spain for a long weekend and broadcast the game there.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Watford First Game on 13:37 - Jun 27 with 2092 viewsvanrrrr

August home game crowd vs Jan Home game crowd… probably cost as a few in attendance … just as well we are flush with cash, eh?
Watford First Game on 13:39 - Jun 27 with 2079 viewsStevenageRanger

Watford First Game on 13:23 - Jun 27 by stowmarketrange

The premier league doesn’t start until august 12th,so not an issue for that game.Our home fixture might be a different matter.

Good point, although I do prefer the trip to Spain to show it!!
Watford First Game on 13:43 - Jun 27 with 2049 viewsterryb

I expect it has happened since, but the last time I can remember us playing the first two league games away was in 1974.

We drew at Sheffield United on the opening day & then won at Leeds (reigning league champions) in midweek. A certain Brian Clough was in charge at Elland road.

Our one home game in August will be difficult & Ipswich supporters will be buying up every ticket they can get their hands on.
Watford First Game on 13:48 - Jun 27 with 2001 viewsvanrrrr

Watford First Game on 13:43 - Jun 27 by terryb

I expect it has happened since, but the last time I can remember us playing the first two league games away was in 1974.

We drew at Sheffield United on the opening day & then won at Leeds (reigning league champions) in midweek. A certain Brian Clough was in charge at Elland road.

Our one home game in August will be difficult & Ipswich supporters will be buying up every ticket they can get their hands on.

83/84 apparently…. Not making it easy for The team here with that start

Watford First Game on 13:50 - Jun 27 with 1988 viewsBlackCrowe

Don't why a new one was need. The old one looked fine..there certainly wasn't much football played on it.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2023 13:50]

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Watford First Game on 13:52 - Jun 27 with 1976 viewsQPR_John

Watford First Game on 13:23 - Jun 27 by stowmarketrange

Chelsea playing Fulham and Brentford are at home on 13 Jan. Cannot see the police happy with all 4 teams playing within a few miles of each other.
Watford First Game on 13:59 - Jun 27 with 1945 viewslosethedrum

Watford First Game on 11:03 - Jun 27 by sdm19994

Trains booked from Leeds and a hotel paid for two now probably won’t get a ticket. Not that much of an issue for the majority but piss poor management from the club again.

Yep have a single ticket home from Liverpool st to Norfolk at 1800 which is now not possible to make back there for that time & is non refundable.
Waited until Sky picked their 4 games & thought it would be ok to buy the advance singles as a normal day return is £58.70 , so for those who dont understand why some supporters are upset by this try to consider that some of us do not live local to this fixture regardless of if its at home or away & will now be out of pocket .
Watford First Game on 14:09 - Jun 27 with 1892 viewsstowmarketrange

Watford First Game on 13:37 - Jun 27 by vanrrrr

August home game crowd vs Jan Home game crowd… probably cost as a few in attendance … just as well we are flush with cash, eh?

4 home games on the trot in January.
Watford First Game on 14:11 - Jun 27 with 1886 viewsDannyPaddox

Watford First Game on 13:43 - Jun 27 by terryb

But what we are gonna do on Wednesday boss?

You stop Stan Bowles, you stop QPR
Watford First Game on 14:17 - Jun 27 with 1847 viewsCateLeBonR

At least we should have our new kit by then, wherever we’re playing.

I think they’ll go for blue and white hoops this year.

(sorry think I make that joke every year)

Watford First Game on 14:26 - Jun 27 with 1772 viewslosethedrum

Watford First Game on 10:54 - Jun 27 by Hayesender

No mention of the Norwich game a few days later being affected?

I cant see the Norwich cup game on QPR website but Norwich have it as tuesday 8th august @ 7.45 at Loftus Road .

https://www.canaries.co.uk/matches/first-team/fixtures
[Post edited 27 Jun 2023 14:31]
Watford First Game on 15:19 - Jun 27 with 1543 viewsHayesender

Watford First Game on 13:59 - Jun 27 by losethedrum

Yep have a single ticket home from Liverpool st to Norfolk at 1800 which is now not possible to make back there for that time & is non refundable.
Waited until Sky picked their 4 games & thought it would be ok to buy the advance singles as a normal day return is £58.70 , so for those who dont understand why some supporters are upset by this try to consider that some of us do not live local to this fixture regardless of if its at home or away & will now be out of pocket .

I actually went on the southern site last night to book my ticket, but got distracted (happens a lot) and got timed out, so thought sod it, I'll do it tomorrow.

May do the lottery this week 😉

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Watford First Game on 15:26 - Jun 27 with 1525 viewsBexleyHoop

Watford First Game on 14:17 - Jun 27 by CateLeBonR

4TH JULY kit reveal, I can feel a Stars & Stripes away kit
Watford First Game on 15:58 - Jun 27 with 1419 viewsDorse

Watford First Game on 14:17 - Jun 27 by CateLeBonR

Hoops are sooooo last season, dahling...

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Watford First Game on 16:10 - Jun 27 with 1363 viewscolinallcars

Anyone old enough to have seen us playing in white ?
Watford First game on 16:10 - Jun 27 with 1364 viewsRangersw12

Just another thing to add to the list that shows the club is just drifting along

We badly need someone to take the club by the scruff of the neck and inject some life into it
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024