Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£1.5m a month loss 15:16 - Jul 10 with 4552 viewsActonExile

Please don't shoot, i'm only asking.
Apart from numbers produced by an accountant who is probably on a nice touch, where is the proof that anyone is ploughing £18m a year into us.
The ground is falling apart and the squad wages cannot be anything more than
15 players at £6k ave. a week x 52 = £4.6m a year plus some blue paint is £5m tops, whack on 30 members of staff on an ave. of £30k a year is another £1m with benefits possibly £2m.
I just don't see where that money goes unless there are some serious dividends going out and i've not even thrown in gate and tv money.

Poll: Wherever QPR end up playing home games in the future, what is most important?

£1.5m a month loss on 15:22 - Jul 10 with 4485 viewsBoston

What is the clubs total wage bill, what's our tax, electric, water outgoings etc etc? Could go on for another couple of lines if you think about it.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2023 15:22]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

£1.5m a month loss on 15:27 - Jul 10 with 4424 viewsknocker

Did read somewhere that we employ about 50 more non playing staff tha millwall. God knows why.
£1.5m a month loss on 15:31 - Jul 10 with 4397 viewscolinallcars

So many things to consider - insurance, pitch maintenance, business rates ad infinitum.
£1.5m a month loss on 15:49 - Jul 10 with 4306 viewsspencer

Keeping the toilets up to scratch
£1.5m a month loss on 15:56 - Jul 10 with 4268 viewsed_83

It’s closer to £2m a month if memory serves. Those numbers are pulled straight from the club’s official financial accounts, for which HMRC will absolutely clobber anyone filing misleading or incomplete numbers. If that’s what the annual return says, then there’s zero incentive for anyone to have made that up.

The ground needs constant patching up, our first team squad is far bigger than 15 people even before you add in B teams and youth squads, several of our players will be on a lot more than 6k a week, you’ve got transfer fees paid in instalments, and we’ve been paying rent on Harlington atcthe same time as investing in Heston. Add on a percentage for doing all of this in one of the most affluent corners of the most expensive city in the country. Against that, Loftus Road brings in 14,000-odd fans on average every two weeks, and absolutely zero non-match day income. We’ve not sold a player for profit in two years.

Look at the figures and it’s very very easy to see where that £18m a year goes. The idea that anyone’s taking money out of QPR in its current state is mad, sorry.
£1.5m a month loss on 15:58 - Jul 10 with 4247 viewsBlue_Castello

Think the last set of accounts would contradict pretty much all your figures, I think the wage bill is way higher and the number of staff was 190 plus.

There has been loads typed and printed on here over the last year highlighting how we are losing £1.5 million plus a month, you need to refer back to Clive and Simon Ds posts and articles.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2023 16:02]
£1.5m a month loss on 16:07 - Jul 10 with 4186 viewsblacky200

We are paying more than 15 players. The official site shows. 18 first team, 20 in the development, 9 in under 18s, 25 in the womens. Then there is the management and coaching team. And 30 members of staff. Lee Hoos 30K a year
£1.5m a month loss on 17:09 - Jul 10 with 3997 viewsenfieldargh

Plus a million or so to either H & F Boro/poice for closing SAR, ER on matchdays. This is ontop of local tax.

I know for a fact that Paul Morrisey does all the media content for free so thats saving us a few bob

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Login to get fewer ads

£1.5m a month loss on 17:14 - Jul 10 with 3973 viewsflynnbo

£1.5m a month loss on 17:09 - Jul 10 by enfieldargh

Plus a million or so to either H & F Boro/poice for closing SAR, ER on matchdays. This is ontop of local tax.

I know for a fact that Paul Morrisey does all the media content for free so thats saving us a few bob

So much so that he passed on commentary duties to the players on Saturday!
£1.5m a month loss on 17:20 - Jul 10 with 3947 viewsNorthernr

I could do 2000 exasperated words on this but let's leave it at one... wages.
£1.5m a month loss on 17:21 - Jul 10 with 3943 viewsHanwellHoopster

Our accounts aren't that hard to find if you Google them.

If that's not your thing, look up the Swiss Ramble summary of our accounts, or the excellent write ups that are on this site from Roller.
£1.5m a month loss on 10:06 - Jul 12 with 3277 viewsrobith

I was gonna write a sarky reply to this but I can't work out if it's serious, or the greatest piece of trolling I've ever seen
£1.5m a month loss on 10:22 - Jul 12 with 3226 viewsslmrstid

Its published fact and on the public record that we lost £24m in the 12 months ended 31 May 2022 - average of £2m, though none of us know how this spreads across the year, whether it was evenly so or weighted at either end.

What the club has been doing from 1 June 2022 to date is completely unknown because QPR's internal management accounts will not be published publicly, and until the next set of accounts are filed (probably around February 2024 time) we won't know what the current funding gap is.

So they could have cut it to £1m a month, it could have grown to £3m a month. None of us have a scooby.
£1.5m a month loss on 17:35 - Jul 12 with 3013 viewsPinnerPaul

"The accountant on a nice touch" will be our finance director and his staff.

Account are audited by an independent auditor, so unless we think the FD, several high ranking members of staff, several lower paid ones AND the independent auditors are all committing fraud then I think I'll go with the accounts - its all in there if you look.
£1.5m a month loss on 19:26 - Jul 12 with 2901 viewsQPRConor2000

Ruben and Co have never taken dividends from the club.
£1.5m a month loss on 20:07 - Jul 12 with 2800 viewsSimonD

£1.5m a month loss on 10:22 - Jul 12 by slmrstid

Its published fact and on the public record that we lost £24m in the 12 months ended 31 May 2022 - average of £2m, though none of us know how this spreads across the year, whether it was evenly so or weighted at either end.

What the club has been doing from 1 June 2022 to date is completely unknown because QPR's internal management accounts will not be published publicly, and until the next set of accounts are filed (probably around February 2024 time) we won't know what the current funding gap is.

So they could have cut it to £1m a month, it could have grown to £3m a month. None of us have a scooby.

Just to add a little more detail to this:

The total payroll costs in the 21/22 season were £27.5m

The owners "invested" £17m over the year.

They were helped out by the second tranche of the Eze transfer money being paid by Palace.
£1.5m a month loss on 21:27 - Jul 12 with 2664 viewsJamesB1979

You need a profit to make a dividend.

Just look at the cashflow in the filed accounts. You don’t need to be an accountant to read that and see that we are losing shed loads of cash.
£1.5m a month loss on 09:44 - Jul 13 with 2312 viewsrobith

£1.5m a month loss on 17:35 - Jul 12 by PinnerPaul

"The accountant on a nice touch" will be our finance director and his staff.

Account are audited by an independent auditor, so unless we think the FD, several high ranking members of staff, several lower paid ones AND the independent auditors are all committing fraud then I think I'll go with the accounts - its all in there if you look.

That was why I wasn't sure if it was a wind up. "The accountant is bent, here look at these numbers I've made up"
£1.5m a month loss on 09:49 - Jul 13 with 2305 viewsterryb

£1.5m a month loss on 21:27 - Jul 12 by JamesB1979

You need a profit to make a dividend.

Just look at the cashflow in the filed accounts. You don’t need to be an accountant to read that and see that we are losing shed loads of cash.

Although this is generally true, water companies don't need to make a profit to pay dividends! Or multi million £ bonuses!

I can't recall reading that Queens Park Rangers have paid any dividends in my lifetime.
£1.5m a month loss on 11:58 - Jul 14 with 2018 viewsthemodfather

it is not just qpr, most clubs don't get near balancing their books, how do they stay afloat? loans create vast interest rates and they balloon if you default. it's a thin wire to walk across and a huge fall below.
good job we have fair play and diligence tests in football or we'd be donald trumped!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024