Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saudi money....... 08:42 - Jul 20 with 9692 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Splashing the cash about and disrupting the transfer market, £50 for Mitrovic anyone! Similarities to NASL in the 70s?

So who on here would take the money, or stand by their principals and turn it down?
Saudi money....... on 13:02 - Jul 20 with 1886 viewsDavieQPR

It will go the same way as the Chinese 'sport washing' attempt.
Saudi money....... on 13:07 - Jul 20 with 1886 viewsdaveB

It's quite funny to see clubs, fans and journalists angry that players are chasing money going to Saudi as if they came to England because they like the weather
Saudi money....... on 13:24 - Jul 20 with 1835 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I suppose playing careers are short, especially with the threat of injury never far away.
Deep down I think we'd all take the money.

Maybe the Premier League isn't going to be the top dog anymore.
Saudi money....... on 13:43 - Jul 20 with 1790 viewsQPR_John

Saudi money....... on 12:44 - Jul 20 by Sakura

The big clubs set up the "FFP" scam to protect themselves from lower clubs being able to overtake them. This is why it's going to be hilarious if the Saudi's use that as a means of taking chunks out of their market share and outspending them

The big incumbents can use corruption to manoeuvre regulations that protect them from competition in their home markets but they've left a gap on the global market to be out done. Good luck to the Saudi's. Crony capitalism like in UEFA deserves to fail

People in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones. Imagine what the Saudis think of us considering what we've been up to in their region. Was such a surprise that we never found those WMD's that Campbell and Blair used to justify the War that led to millions of civilian deaths

While Assange remains locked up, we have a prime minister that no one voted for and America has a president with Dementia while his son does Coke in the Whitehouse. It’s North Korean levels of censorship imposed to pretend the West isn’t a total sham

“ we have a prime minister that no one voted”

Here we go again. He was voted for as an MP. When was the last time anybody voted for the Prime Minister it is just not how our system works. You can argue we know who the leader is of a particular party at a GE but then it logically follows if you believe that legitimises a PM you have to accept a GE if the PM leaves office for whatever reason. Similarly a by-election should be called when an MP stands down .
[Post edited 20 Jul 2023 13:44]
Saudi money....... on 13:49 - Jul 20 with 1763 viewstraininvain

Back to the original topic, I’ve heard a few times that Saudis aren’t paying big transfer fees to avoid financially benefiting European clubs to the benefit of domestic and European competitions. But it could be a load of bollox!
Saudi money....... on 14:22 - Jul 20 with 1709 viewsLongRanger

On the original topic, I'm pretty sure these stars will all just base themselves in the homes they most likely already have in Dubai and then there will be a row of private jets waiting every morning to take them all to their respective club training grounds.

Also interesting that Newcastle owners also own a club over there, so feasibly, could buy superstars for the Saudi club and loan them to Newcastle for peanuts, to avoid FFP....but I'm sure that hasn't crossed their mind!!
Saudi money....... on 14:40 - Jul 20 with 1678 viewsBluce_Ree

If you gave QPR some Saudi billions this is what we'd get.

The best Premier League XI from, say, 2012.
Half a Tony Scully.
Relegated.
A hefty fine.

Giving us money is like giving money to someone sat on the floor outside Lidl with a sign that says 'Will suck off So Solid Crew for crack rocks."

Mo' money, mo' problems. Translate that into Latin and put it on our club badge.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Saudi money....... on 17:48 - Jul 20 with 1547 viewsToast_R

Marco Silva is leaving the Fools allegedly with his release clause being paid up. Devastating for them but it's not as though he hasn't got form for it. Straight outta the Mick Beale play book. Sure he only just signed that new contract as well.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2023 17:50]
Login to get fewer ads

Saudi money....... on 17:53 - Jul 20 with 1512 viewsSakura

Saudi money....... on 14:22 - Jul 20 by LongRanger

On the original topic, I'm pretty sure these stars will all just base themselves in the homes they most likely already have in Dubai and then there will be a row of private jets waiting every morning to take them all to their respective club training grounds.

Also interesting that Newcastle owners also own a club over there, so feasibly, could buy superstars for the Saudi club and loan them to Newcastle for peanuts, to avoid FFP....but I'm sure that hasn't crossed their mind!!

No need to say back on topic but you and the rest who were embarrassingly wrong on the infamous Covid thread on this board were all wrong then and you are all wrong again

Bunch of lemmings led to the cliff incapable of applying any critical thinking so just so something like “back to the topic” but cognitive dissonance to say that rather than challenging the point

NorthernR I think deleted the Covid thread out of cognitive dissonance because you were literally all wrong and the people you abused were all right

Shame on the lot of you. You were frightened into the party line and this thread is another very small example of the same instinct of cowardice to follow the herd that predominates
Saudi money....... on 18:04 - Jul 20 with 1467 viewsSakura

Dare someone to quote some “conspiracy theory” said on the Covid thread about Masks, Vaccines, that it only affected old people that turned out to be old people affected

Which part of that was a “conspiracy theory” and which part wasn’t just a bunch of dribbling bed wetters on here scared into po. oping their pants to “save your granny” with a vacine that didn’t stop you getting or spreading

Absolute embarrassment on that Covid thread in evidence. Bunch of pussys the lot of you

Outside of notable exceptions like Clive Anderson and pugwash
[Post edited 20 Jul 2023 18:04]
Saudi money....... on 18:07 - Jul 20 with 1477 viewsJuzzie

Saudi money....... on 13:24 - Jul 20 by Wilkinswatercarrier

I suppose playing careers are short, especially with the threat of injury never far away.
Deep down I think we'd all take the money.

Maybe the Premier League isn't going to be the top dog anymore.

At probably League 1 level and below but just one PL contract (average £55k/week on a 3 year contract) will get you £8.64million. Even if you were to get a career ending injury the first week into your contract.

The "it's a short career" analogy lost weight 20+ years ago.
Saudi money....... on 18:11 - Jul 20 with 1457 viewsPaddyhoops

Saudi money....... on 18:04 - Jul 20 by Sakura

Dare someone to quote some “conspiracy theory” said on the Covid thread about Masks, Vaccines, that it only affected old people that turned out to be old people affected

Which part of that was a “conspiracy theory” and which part wasn’t just a bunch of dribbling bed wetters on here scared into po. oping their pants to “save your granny” with a vacine that didn’t stop you getting or spreading

Absolute embarrassment on that Covid thread in evidence. Bunch of pussys the lot of you

You’re full of compliments today mate!
Saudi money....... on 18:27 - Jul 20 with 1422 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Saudi money....... on 18:04 - Jul 20 by Sakura

I must admit I have read some of your previous comments and although I might not have agreed have seen the validity of your arguments or at least a thought process. On this you are coming across as a vile human being so caught up in your own personal views that you don't care about other peoples losses or feelings.
Saudi money....... on 18:34 - Jul 20 with 1391 viewsSakura

Saudi money....... on 18:27 - Jul 20 by Welsh_Ranger

I must admit I have read some of your previous comments and although I might not have agreed have seen the validity of your arguments or at least a thought process. On this you are coming across as a vile human being so caught up in your own personal views that you don't care about other peoples losses or feelings.

No mate the vile human is you who let the country get bankrupt and excess deaths from non Covid exceed the questionable “Covid related” deaths

Inflation cheers lads

No ability to deal with future and current issues cheers lads

Vile humans… right back at you

Like I say, quote the Covid related statements from back at me… good luck
[Post edited 20 Jul 2023 18:36]
Saudi money....... on 18:54 - Jul 20 with 1371 viewsNorthernr

Saudi money....... on 17:53 - Jul 20 by Sakura

No need to say back on topic but you and the rest who were embarrassingly wrong on the infamous Covid thread on this board were all wrong then and you are all wrong again

Bunch of lemmings led to the cliff incapable of applying any critical thinking so just so something like “back to the topic” but cognitive dissonance to say that rather than challenging the point

NorthernR I think deleted the Covid thread out of cognitive dissonance because you were literally all wrong and the people you abused were all right

Shame on the lot of you. You were frightened into the party line and this thread is another very small example of the same instinct of cowardice to follow the herd that predominates

"NorthernR" again is it? Usually you wait a week or two between feedings. Just plain weird at this stage.

The thread was not deleted.
Saudi money....... on 19:03 - Jul 20 with 1351 viewstraininvain

Saudi money....... on 18:54 - Jul 20 by Northernr

"NorthernR" again is it? Usually you wait a week or two between feedings. Just plain weird at this stage.

Increasingly desperate for attention because I would imagine that most people on here have him/her on ignore.
Saudi money....... on 19:07 - Jul 20 with 1328 viewsSakura

Saudi money....... on 19:03 - Jul 20 by traininvain

Increasingly desperate for attention because I would imagine that most people on here have him/her on ignore.

Have a bump on April 2020 on that thread. You were a top shouter of probably embarrassing statements so no wonder your defensive

You all bullied but you were literally all wrong

Shame on you. Should be embarrassed with yourselves but cognitive dissonance probably won’t allow the self reflection bullies like you need
[Post edited 20 Jul 2023 19:07]
Saudi money....... on 19:09 - Jul 20 with 1323 viewsSakura

Saudi money....... on 18:54 - Jul 20 by Northernr

You wanted people banned from the stadium if they weren’t vacinated

Still want that next season? Lol
Saudi money....... on 19:30 - Jul 20 with 1287 viewsNorthernr

Saudi money....... on 19:09 - Jul 20 by Sakura

Obsessed, anonymous troll.
Saudi money....... on 19:34 - Jul 20 with 1269 viewstidydarts

Saudi money....... on 19:09 - Jul 20 by Sakura

Wetting the bed before 9pm on a Thursday? Very dignified mate :)
Saudi money....... on 19:47 - Jul 20 with 1232 viewsSakura

Saudi money....... on 19:30 - Jul 20 by Northernr

Obsessed, anonymous troll.

You can also dodge a question it seems. No comment on if you still want everyone to have a vaccine booster to get in the stadium

Hope you've got your recent booster as it's worn off otherwise and if you haven't you are a granny killer remember and that was just a coincidence when players and fans were keeling over left right and centre after the vaccine roll out

So quick you were to be sure that our Cov away win under Warburton long delayed after the 90 mins was definitely not miocarditis because you read a Twitter account that had not been substantiated but fit your bias :)

No come backs from anyone unlike in 2020 when you all piled on. Because you know now you were wrong if only on a subconscious level. But you were always wrong. Your cowardice comes across now as a group. Anyone who spoke on that Covid thread back then… yes I mean you

Knew i was right and know we all know I was. Cheers
Saudi money....... on 19:56 - Jul 20 with 1226 viewsdistortR

Saudi money....... on 12:28 - Jul 20 by BrianMcCarthy

It probably isn't - fair point, he's on his hols - so I'll drop it, bar saying that we have plenty to be ashamed of too and I think we need to be careful about being judgemental. I think we covered all of this during the World Cup, so forgive me for dragging it up again.

I'll forgive you Brian, but only because I'm from the west
Saudi money....... on 22:20 - Jul 20 with 1120 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Saudi money....... on 19:56 - Jul 20 by distortR

I'll forgive you Brian, but only because I'm from the west

Ya, but I was kinda banking on you forgiving me...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Saudi money....... on 22:25 - Jul 20 with 1099 viewsdubaistu

Don't they say a stockbroker is simply a bookie in a suit? Under our watch, Tony Blair killed millions of innocent men, women and children, simply to line his own pockets, via Kuwait and a multitude of other deals, irrespective of crimes, sexual preferences et al.

He also put the lives in the "democratic" west at risk as we see today. I'm off to work in Saudi next week and can't wait. Hopefully a few R's over there making the same sacrifices to support their long term family future.
Saudi money....... on 22:51 - Jul 20 with 1050 viewsLongRanger

Saudi money....... on 17:53 - Jul 20 by Sakura

Haha, I didn’t comment on the covid thread you tool!

You’re a very strange individual, who has clearly just learnt the phrase ‘cognitive dissonance’ and thinks it makes you sound really clever and articulate, but sadly not the case.

FYI, that sticker on your bedroom mirror that says ‘notoriety is better than obscurity’, congratulations, you did it!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024