Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saudi money....... 08:42 - Jul 20 with 9693 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Splashing the cash about and disrupting the transfer market, £50 for Mitrovic anyone! Similarities to NASL in the 70s?

So who on here would take the money, or stand by their principals and turn it down?
Saudi money....... on 22:57 - Jul 20 with 2157 viewsNorthernr

Saudi money....... on 19:47 - Jul 20 by Sakura

You can also dodge a question it seems. No comment on if you still want everyone to have a vaccine booster to get in the stadium

Hope you've got your recent booster as it's worn off otherwise and if you haven't you are a granny killer remember and that was just a coincidence when players and fans were keeling over left right and centre after the vaccine roll out

So quick you were to be sure that our Cov away win under Warburton long delayed after the 90 mins was definitely not miocarditis because you read a Twitter account that had not been substantiated but fit your bias :)

No come backs from anyone unlike in 2020 when you all piled on. Because you know now you were wrong if only on a subconscious level. But you were always wrong. Your cowardice comes across now as a group. Anyone who spoke on that Covid thread back then… yes I mean you

Knew i was right and know we all know I was. Cheers

Like I said last week when you set sail on me again, I thought being a 38 year old QPR website editor was a pretty sad existence. Imagine being the anonymous troll that registers on a site he hates purely to pursue that guy around it, pulling apart everything he says, slating every article, every post, documenting his posts from years and years before, coming back time and again with a different anonymous account because you just can't stay away from it, and from him. What sort of person remembers what the editor of one of the QPR message boards said and thought in 2020, when we're now in 2023?

Quite, quite mad.
Saudi money....... on 22:59 - Jul 20 with 2133 viewsLblock

Saudi money....... on 11:26 - Jul 20 by toboboly

You're right Brian, stoning homosexuals and locking up women for daring to voice an opinion is definitely principled. Just not the principles I would want to be around or supporting.

I got stoned with a homosexual outside Principles back in the 90’s

No funny business but when we’d sobered up we’d bought lots of crap clothes

We’ll leave that there

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Saudi money....... on 23:09 - Jul 20 with 2090 viewsslmrstid

I'm a bit lost as to how we've gone from Saudi Arabians spending bazillions on football players to old Russian Bot abusing everyone.

Weird world. I miss it when he used to tell us how rich he was with all his crypto.
Saudi money....... on 23:13 - Jul 20 with 2077 viewsNorthernr

Saudi money....... on 23:09 - Jul 20 by slmrstid

I'm a bit lost as to how we've gone from Saudi Arabians spending bazillions on football players to old Russian Bot abusing everyone.

Weird world. I miss it when he used to tell us how rich he was with all his crypto.

Staffs Uni, trolling module 1.1.
Saudi money....... on 23:21 - Jul 20 with 2042 viewsKonk

Saudi money....... on 23:13 - Jul 20 by Northernr

Staffs Uni, trolling module 1.1.

Seemingly utterly deranged.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Saudi money....... on 23:29 - Jul 20 with 2030 viewsdaveB

this thread took a turn, blimey
Saudi money....... on 00:08 - Jul 21 with 1965 viewsvanrrrr

It’s Matt Le Tissier, I think.
Saudi money....... on 02:03 - Jul 21 with 1875 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Saudi money....... on 12:30 - Jul 20 by kensalriser

As reported by numerous outlets all over the world, and of course the recipients themselves of human rights abuses, and their family members.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2022/08/19/saudi-arabia-woman-sentenced-34-years-tweets

You have to do a damn sight better than one link to a bias website if you're going down that rabbit hole. The UK is no position to judge anyone. It might put itself on a pedestal but overseas, a country that was once revered is now considered a laughing stock.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2023 2:11]
Login to get fewer ads

Saudi money....... on 07:32 - Jul 21 with 1729 viewsdistortR

Saudi money....... on 22:20 - Jul 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Ya, but I was kinda banking on you forgiving me...

Talking about banking, have you considered investing your savings in the IoM? I can dou.............etc etc.

edit - our sports washing got no further than Ricky Holden
[Post edited 21 Jul 2023 7:33]
Saudi money....... on 12:07 - Jul 21 with 1604 viewskensalriser

Saudi money....... on 02:03 - Jul 21 by Benny_the_Ball

You have to do a damn sight better than one link to a bias website if you're going down that rabbit hole. The UK is no position to judge anyone. It might put itself on a pedestal but overseas, a country that was once revered is now considered a laughing stock.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2023 2:11]

Go on then.

Give me the evidence that the Saudi regime is lovely, it doesn't discriminate against, terrorise , torture and murder people who don't fit in to its theologicial, patriarchal, anti-diversity narrow view, it doesn't murder dissidents in foreign states and everyone gets a say in how the country is run.

If Britain is a laughing stock it's largely due to the antics of Brexit and the government of the last four years. Aside from that, I can criticise any regime or country I like regardless of what the country I live in does, I'm not responsible for the actions or policies of my government.

Hope everyone's back on their meds this morning.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Saudi money....... on 12:30 - Jul 21 with 1522 viewspaulparker

With a bit of luck the Saudis buy all the top English teams then buy all the top talent and then they can all sod off to a global super league , maybe then we can have our game back to some sort of semblance that it was before 2003 ( chelski)

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Saudi money....... on 12:56 - Jul 21 with 1472 viewshantssi

When I was in my mid 20’s I tried to get a job there (construction) or anywhere in the Middle East.
It would have set me up for life and I’d be retired comfortably by now (early 60’s).
I guess the difference being I was at the beginning of my career (no experience!) whereas these guys are the end of their careers and already have more money than they or their families can ever spend.
The knock on effect of all this could be higher wages and transfer fees that will have a SERIOUS effect on us and others like us.
Saudi money....... on 13:42 - Jul 21 with 1399 viewsJuzzie

Saudi money....... on 12:56 - Jul 21 by hantssi

When I was in my mid 20’s I tried to get a job there (construction) or anywhere in the Middle East.
It would have set me up for life and I’d be retired comfortably by now (early 60’s).
I guess the difference being I was at the beginning of my career (no experience!) whereas these guys are the end of their careers and already have more money than they or their families can ever spend.
The knock on effect of all this could be higher wages and transfer fees that will have a SERIOUS effect on us and others like us.

We rightly talk about QPR getting a free pass when it comes to progress on the new stadium but football fans in general seem to give players a free pass when it comes to how much money they are being paid. If anything, it seems to be revelled in. It's as though everyone has become so desensitised to the figures banded around it doesn't actually compute as to how much they are being paid, it's obscene.

It's killing the game yet it's allowed to carry on all the while everyone puts up with their Sky Sports increases, ticket price increases, merchandise increases and prices for food that's not fit for animals.

With ever more sponsorship/TV money being pumped into the game, owners are hiking up prices for everything (nigh on £100 for two QPR youth replica shirts ffs) making it impossible to go to games. I can just about afford to occasionally go with my kids because they are under 8 and free but once they get older it just won't be possible.

I might have to scratch around some of the local non league clubs but it's not QPR so may not even bother.
Saudi money....... on 14:00 - Jul 21 with 1369 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Saudi money....... on 12:07 - Jul 21 by kensalriser

Go on then.

Give me the evidence that the Saudi regime is lovely, it doesn't discriminate against, terrorise , torture and murder people who don't fit in to its theologicial, patriarchal, anti-diversity narrow view, it doesn't murder dissidents in foreign states and everyone gets a say in how the country is run.

If Britain is a laughing stock it's largely due to the antics of Brexit and the government of the last four years. Aside from that, I can criticise any regime or country I like regardless of what the country I live in does, I'm not responsible for the actions or policies of my government.

Hope everyone's back on their meds this morning.

No, you go on then, Karen. You're the one making unsubstantiated claims so the onus is on you to provide concrete, unbiased evidence.

Naturally, you're free to post as much balderdash as you like, no matter how far fetched. Yet another advantage of this laughable modern British society that you put on a pedestal.

Equally I'm free to criticise you for having a superiority complex and holding a biased, narrow view that discriminates against countries that you have no first-hand experience or knowledge of, just because it doesn't fit your woke ideology.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2023 14:12]
Saudi money....... on 14:32 - Jul 21 with 1334 viewstoboboly

Saudi money....... on 14:00 - Jul 21 by Benny_the_Ball

No, you go on then, Karen. You're the one making unsubstantiated claims so the onus is on you to provide concrete, unbiased evidence.

Naturally, you're free to post as much balderdash as you like, no matter how far fetched. Yet another advantage of this laughable modern British society that you put on a pedestal.

Equally I'm free to criticise you for having a superiority complex and holding a biased, narrow view that discriminates against countries that you have no first-hand experience or knowledge of, just because it doesn't fit your woke ideology.

*sigh*

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/saudi-arabia/local-laws-and-customs

edit: a few choice nuggets

Legal system and due process
The Saudi legal system differs in many ways from the UK. Suspects can be held without charge and are not always allowed quick access to legal representation. The Saudi authorities have detained witnesses and victims of crimes. If you need consular assistance, British Embassy staff will try to visit you as soon as they are aware of the case, but in some instances, Embassy staff have not been permitted to do so immediately or have had access limited.

Religion
The public practice of any form of religion other than Islam is illegal; as is an intention to convert others.

LGBT / Sexual relations outside marriage
Homosexual or extra-marital sexual relations, including adultery, are illegal and can be subject to severe penalties. It’s also illegal to be transgender.

Female drivers
As of June 2018, women are legally able to obtain a licence to drive a car, motorbikes and scooters. *how forwards of them to allow women to drive*

Photography and media
Posting material (including videos and photographs) online that is critical of the Saudi government, or appears to insult/ridicule/criticise the country’s culture and belief, the country, authorities, or its culture, may be considered a crime punishable under Saudi law.

Rules of behaviour
Men and women are required to refrain from public displays of affection.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2023 14:38]

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Saudi money....... on 14:36 - Jul 21 with 1320 viewsJuzzie

Saudi money....... on 14:32 - Jul 21 by toboboly

*sigh*

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/saudi-arabia/local-laws-and-customs

edit: a few choice nuggets

Legal system and due process
The Saudi legal system differs in many ways from the UK. Suspects can be held without charge and are not always allowed quick access to legal representation. The Saudi authorities have detained witnesses and victims of crimes. If you need consular assistance, British Embassy staff will try to visit you as soon as they are aware of the case, but in some instances, Embassy staff have not been permitted to do so immediately or have had access limited.

Religion
The public practice of any form of religion other than Islam is illegal; as is an intention to convert others.

LGBT / Sexual relations outside marriage
Homosexual or extra-marital sexual relations, including adultery, are illegal and can be subject to severe penalties. It’s also illegal to be transgender.

Female drivers
As of June 2018, women are legally able to obtain a licence to drive a car, motorbikes and scooters. *how forwards of them to allow women to drive*

Photography and media
Posting material (including videos and photographs) online that is critical of the Saudi government, or appears to insult/ridicule/criticise the country’s culture and belief, the country, authorities, or its culture, may be considered a crime punishable under Saudi law.

Rules of behaviour
Men and women are required to refrain from public displays of affection.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2023 14:38]

Great place for a stag/hen weekend and have a sweepstake to see who lasts the longest.
Saudi money....... on 14:59 - Jul 21 with 1287 viewsloftupper

This thread has gone nuts!

We fortunately do live in a Liberal Democracy and to compare that to what is by most definitions an authoritarian verging on totalitarian state is simply crazy.
Saudi money....... on 15:10 - Jul 21 with 1268 viewstoboboly

Saudi money....... on 14:59 - Jul 21 by loftupper

This thread has gone nuts!

We fortunately do live in a Liberal Democracy and to compare that to what is by most definitions an authoritarian verging on totalitarian state is simply crazy.

I do think i must be drunk when I see people trying to argue that Saudi is a more progressive society than the UK's.

Saudi money....... on 15:17 - Jul 21 with 1262 viewskensalriser

Saudi money....... on 14:00 - Jul 21 by Benny_the_Ball

Well, on that note I'm out, once again I've allowed myself to be dragged in to a sick bucket of delusional, ignorant crap with childish personal insults thrown in.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Saudi money....... on 15:43 - Jul 21 with 1205 viewsJuzzie

I think we all know the UK (and US) is not perfect but to try and compare it anywhere near to Saudia Arabia or imply we are all 'blind' when it comes to the UK/US is just bonkers.
Saudi money....... on 15:59 - Jul 21 with 1174 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Saudi money....... on 15:10 - Jul 21 by toboboly

I do think i must be drunk when I see people trying to argue that Saudi is a more progressive society than the UK's.

Heya,

I know I said I'd step out of this but I just wanted to be clear that I, for one, didn't argue that.
My reluctance to accept the premise was based on my ignorance of Arab culture and ethics, something I'm trying to address, and not any comparisons with Western culture and ethics.

I'm just trying to keep an open mind.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Saudi money....... on 16:10 - Jul 21 with 1146 viewstoboboly

Saudi money....... on 15:59 - Jul 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Heya,

I know I said I'd step out of this but I just wanted to be clear that I, for one, didn't argue that.
My reluctance to accept the premise was based on my ignorance of Arab culture and ethics, something I'm trying to address, and not any comparisons with Western culture and ethics.

Hi Brian, would never criticize you for wanting to learn about other cultures, but I think there is enough easily accessible out there about Saudi to know that they are complete
cnts.

If you have Prime watch the docu-film The Dissident.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dissident

Saudi money....... on 16:42 - Jul 21 with 1118 viewshantssi

Saudi money....... on 13:42 - Jul 21 by Juzzie

We rightly talk about QPR getting a free pass when it comes to progress on the new stadium but football fans in general seem to give players a free pass when it comes to how much money they are being paid. If anything, it seems to be revelled in. It's as though everyone has become so desensitised to the figures banded around it doesn't actually compute as to how much they are being paid, it's obscene.

It's killing the game yet it's allowed to carry on all the while everyone puts up with their Sky Sports increases, ticket price increases, merchandise increases and prices for food that's not fit for animals.

With ever more sponsorship/TV money being pumped into the game, owners are hiking up prices for everything (nigh on £100 for two QPR youth replica shirts ffs) making it impossible to go to games. I can just about afford to occasionally go with my kids because they are under 8 and free but once they get older it just won't be possible.

I might have to scratch around some of the local non league clubs but it's not QPR so may not even bother.

Juzzie, that’s why footballers salaries are always quoted per week so it doesn’t seem as obscene!
£50K a week sounds reasonable, after all it’s a “short career”, many people can’t/won’t translate that into £2.5M a year, probably plus bonuses!
Saudi money....... on 16:53 - Jul 21 with 1090 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Saudi money....... on 16:10 - Jul 21 by toboboly

Hi Brian, would never criticize you for wanting to learn about other cultures, but I think there is enough easily accessible out there about Saudi to know that they are complete
cnts.

If you have Prime watch the docu-film The Dissident.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dissident

Thanks man, I'll watch that.

I suppose where I am is that I'm trying to find out about the people as opposed to the current regimes. I've done some limited travelling in Arabian lands, and some limited reading, and I'm absolutely nowhere near figuring out how little I know.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Saudi money....... on 17:37 - Jul 21 with 1007 viewsjoe90

Saudi money....... on 15:59 - Jul 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Heya,

I was going to wade into this conversation but realised I don't really have anything to add other than this interesting article:

https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2019-02-11-seven-moral-rules-found-all-around-world
[Post edited 21 Jul 2023 17:47]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024