Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oxford Thread 11:39 - Jul 29 with 45112 viewscolinallcars

I'll be watching on Recast….I can't go up the pub, I've hurt my calf.
I'm hoping GA will field the likely team to start at Watford and not completely change it for the second half.
Oxford Thread on 17:40 - Jul 29 with 2871 viewsSakura

Oxford Thread on 17:33 - Jul 29 by PunteR

Yeh because your just a bundle of joy on this message board.

I’ve never got a positive buzz off QPR losing like Weagrlestars Hayesendwe and others have on this thread
Oxford Thread on 17:40 - Jul 29 with 2878 viewsDejR_vu

Oxford Thread on 17:37 - Jul 29 by gazza1

How do you know that??? TBH you are talking absolute rubbish.......the way you are talking you think LF ran the club from 'top to bottom' and everything is his fault.

Well what was he doing then?

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Oxford Thread on 17:43 - Jul 29 with 2807 viewsbaz_qpr

Oxford Thread on 17:39 - Jul 29 by DejR_vu

Agreed. I’m not for one minute excusing GA but we knew we were getting a limited manager when we appointed him. The fact we had worked ourselves into a position where he was even in the running for the job is the issue. He’s not the solution but he’s not the problem.

Limited manager + Limited squad = relegation
Oxford Thread on 17:44 - Jul 29 with 2750 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Oxford Thread on 17:40 - Jul 29 by Sakura

I’ve never got a positive buzz off QPR losing like Weagrlestars Hayesendwe and others have on this thread

What are you on about? The only thing I'm positive about is not renewing this season.
Oxford Thread on 17:46 - Jul 29 with 2705 viewsgazza1

Oxford Thread on 17:40 - Jul 29 by DejR_vu

Well what was he doing then?

Good question because I do not actually know what his role was at the Club, I do not know what any DofF does tbh.........interested to know how you know!!! Have you seen the 'Job Description'??

Personally, I do not believe that it was his job to sign players without the Manager (whoever that is) agreeIng .
[Post edited 29 Jul 2023 17:49]
Oxford Thread on 17:46 - Jul 29 with 2709 viewscorse

Well Warbs had 3 seasons to build somekind of a core to this team with the help of the most inept DoF s ever which he didnt and then they started waving dixks to each other and Warbs had smaller one. Then DoF allowed Beale to fxck him to the arxe and whom after that one night of love turned out to be a complete prixk.Thats what we reap now with a very poor manager with a team that is not that bad to loose 5-0 against Oxford.
Oxford Thread on 17:46 - Jul 29 with 2707 viewsDejR_vu

Oxford Thread on 17:43 - Jul 29 by baz_qpr

Limited manager + Limited squad = relegation

If today was anything to go by, the question isn’t ‘are we going to get relegated?’, it’s how many times?

Oxford Thread on 17:48 - Jul 29 with 2671 viewsDejR_vu

Oxford Thread on 17:46 - Jul 29 by gazza1

Good question because I do not actually know what his role was at the Club, I do not know what any DofF does tbh.........interested to know how you know!!! Have you seen the 'Job Description'??

Personally, I do not believe that it was his job to sign players without the Manager (whoever that is) agreeIng .

🤣 okay McFly

So, do you (1) accept that he worked at the club and (2) that, even without seeing his job description, it would be reasonable to assume that a ‘Director’ of ‘Football’ is responsible for advising the Board on football related matters?
[Post edited 29 Jul 2023 17:54]

Login to get fewer ads

Oxford Thread on 17:51 - Jul 29 with 2585 viewsgazza1

Oxford Thread on 17:48 - Jul 29 by DejR_vu

🤣 okay McFly

So, do you (1) accept that he worked at the club and (2) that, even without seeing his job description, it would be reasonable to assume that a ‘Director’ of ‘Football’ is responsible for advising the Board on football related matters?

Typical no sense idiotic reply.........
Oxford Thread on 17:54 - Jul 29 with 2525 viewsDejR_vu

Oxford Thread on 17:51 - Jul 29 by gazza1

Typical no sense idiotic reply.........

You or me??

Oxford Thread on 17:55 - Jul 29 with 2519 viewsNorthernr

That was horrific. Should have been a lot more than 5.
Oxford Thread on 17:56 - Jul 29 with 2497 viewsRangersw12

Oxford Thread on 17:46 - Jul 29 by gazza1

I thought his role was to implement a path way to the first team , setup scouting network and instill an ethos/playing identity through the club .

Would also add to reduce the wage bill

I think it could have worked better if other members of the board actually allowed him to get on with it but as per usual with our club we seem to have gone into it half hearted and not fully committed to DOF project
[Post edited 29 Jul 2023 17:58]
Oxford Thread on 17:56 - Jul 29 with 2496 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Said it before, and I will say it again, Ainsworth is a poor manager. Anyone who sat through that, the Wimbledon game, and the back end of last season will know we are absolute sh*te with him in there.

We WILL be relegated.
Oxford Thread on 17:56 - Jul 29 with 2481 viewsgazza1

Oxford Thread on 17:55 - Jul 29 by Northernr

That was horrific. Should have been a lot more than 5.

God Norf, I cannot believe it!!!!
Oxford Thread on 17:57 - Jul 29 with 2467 viewsgazza1

Oxford Thread on 17:54 - Jul 29 by DejR_vu

You or me??

There is only one person talking nonsense and it isnt me.
Oxford Thread on 17:59 - Jul 29 with 2413 viewsDejR_vu

Oxford Thread on 17:56 - Jul 29 by Rangersw12

I thought his role was to implement a path way to the first team , setup scouting network and instill an ethos/playing identity through the club .

Would also add to reduce the wage bill

I think it could have worked better if other members of the board actually allowed him to get on with it but as per usual with our club we seem to have gone into it half hearted and not fully committed to DOF project
[Post edited 29 Jul 2023 17:58]

Well if that was his remit he’s failed on all counts, with the possible exception of the first, and that only because we are so poor that being able to stand upright gives you a good chance of getting in to the first team squad.

Oxford Thread on 18:00 - Jul 29 with 2401 viewsessextaxiboy

Oxford Thread on 17:44 - Jul 29 by Wegerles_Stairs

What are you on about? The only thing I'm positive about is not renewing this season.

Isn’t this exactly the sort of season to commit to getting there and supporting ?
Oxford Thread on 18:01 - Jul 29 with 2383 viewsgazza1

Oxford Thread on 17:48 - Jul 29 by DejR_vu

🤣 okay McFly

You have added a bit on......
1 - Yes, silly question.
2 - Yes, I am sure he advised & discussed with the Board on football related matters. I do not know what he was responsible for though.
Oxford Thread on 18:02 - Jul 29 with 2370 viewsNorthernr

Oxford Thread on 17:56 - Jul 29 by gazza1

God Norf, I cannot believe it!!!!

Tbf mate I have been trying to say this for a while, you told me to cheer up
Oxford Thread on 18:03 - Jul 29 with 2353 viewsDejR_vu

Oxford Thread on 17:57 - Jul 29 by gazza1

There is only one person talking nonsense and it isnt me.

Really? Your defence of Ferdinand seems to be that because no one has seen his job description, he can’t be responsible for the mess we’re in.

You’re right on one count, only one of us is talking nonsense, you’ve just drawn the wrong conclusion

Oxford Thread on 18:05 - Jul 29 with 2308 viewsgazza1

Oxford Thread on 18:02 - Jul 29 by Northernr

Tbf mate I have been trying to say this for a while, you told me to cheer up

Only because I prefer a 'happy' Norf
Oxford Thread on 18:06 - Jul 29 with 2277 viewsDejR_vu

Oxford Thread on 18:01 - Jul 29 by gazza1

You have added a bit on......
1 - Yes, silly question.
2 - Yes, I am sure he advised & discussed with the Board on football related matters. I do not know what he was responsible for though.

I think our posts crossed

Oxford Thread on 18:08 - Jul 29 with 2220 viewsgazza1

Oxford Thread on 18:03 - Jul 29 by DejR_vu

Really? Your defence of Ferdinand seems to be that because no one has seen his job description, he can’t be responsible for the mess we’re in.

You’re right on one count, only one of us is talking nonsense, you’ve just drawn the wrong conclusion

I do not think LF did a great job at all......I also think that it is not his fault that we have lost 5-0 today nor had a better PSFs. It is not all his fault as to why we are what we are but you and many others think it is all LF fault which is very wrong.

I put a lot of it down to GA & his team - and I want to give GA a chance.

Some of GA decisions thus far have been wrong imho......we were super lucky to remain in the Championship last season. Unless things change and change very quickly we will be relegated by Xmas.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2023 18:11]
Oxford Thread on 18:10 - Jul 29 with 2179 viewsDejR_vu

Oxford Thread on 18:08 - Jul 29 by gazza1

I do not think LF did a great job at all......I also think that it is not his fault that we have lost 5-0 today nor had a better PSFs. It is not all his fault as to why we are what we are but you and many others think it is all LF fault which is very wrong.

I put a lot of it down to GA & his team - and I want to give GA a chance.

Some of GA decisions thus far have been wrong imho......we were super lucky to remain in the Championship last season. Unless things change and change very quickly we will be relegated by Xmas.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2023 18:11]

I agree on your last two paragraphs, let’s agree to disagree on LF. It’s been a sh1t enough afternoon already without falling out.

Oxford Thread on 18:11 - Jul 29 with 2148 viewsgazza1

Oxford Thread on 18:10 - Jul 29 by DejR_vu

I agree on your last two paragraphs, let’s agree to disagree on LF. It’s been a sh1t enough afternoon already without falling out.

I agree!!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024