Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oxford Thread 11:39 - Jul 29 with 45113 viewscolinallcars

I'll be watching on Recast….I can't go up the pub, I've hurt my calf.
I'm hoping GA will field the likely team to start at Watford and not completely change it for the second half.
Oxford Thread on 16:53 - Jul 29 with 3488 viewsDejR_vu

Losing badly is poor enough, the manager’s inability to change things to stop the rot even more so. We are going to get annihilated this season.

This is going to be an interesting post match interview.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Oxford Thread on 16:53 - Jul 29 with 3476 viewsstrikerace

Is Recast offering refunds
Oxford Thread on 16:53 - Jul 29 with 3471 viewsQPR_Hibs

Oxford Thread on 16:52 - Jul 29 by connell10

Spin that one Gav , no shots on target , no shape , no defence.....dare I say no hope ....someone turn out the lights !

Looking forward to reading Clive's match report.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Oxford Thread on 16:54 - Jul 29 with 3396 viewsMonkey_Roots

Holy shït
Oxford Thread on 16:56 - Jul 29 with 3253 viewsHayesender

Really looking forward to the happy clappers excusing this one

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Oxford Thread on 16:57 - Jul 29 with 3258 viewsMatch82

Oxford Thread on 16:39 - Jul 29 by Wegerles_Stairs

Remember guys, this forum is for positive vibes only.

I quite enjoy this forum. It's ok to be realistic. It's a fcking miserable place to come onto when people are creaming themselves about how badly we're doing because they can say "I was right" though. There's a balance.

Today was awful in every possible way. This is at best going to be a long season and it could be awful from start to finish. There can't be any excuses. But there are going to be some smug fckers saying "I told you so" and delighting in the fact that things are going badly tonight. I don't understand that attitude and it makes this a toxic place.
Oxford Thread on 16:57 - Jul 29 with 3245 viewsdavman

Oxford Thread on 16:53 - Jul 29 by DejR_vu

Losing badly is poor enough, the manager’s inability to change things to stop the rot even more so. We are going to get annihilated this season.

This is going to be an interesting post match interview.

Well it won't be. We'll get patronised by reminding us that it starts next week and the team WILL be ready. We have to understand how tough it will be under FFP. That these boys care. That they will fight for the badge or will be replaced by people who will. That we have to reset expectations.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Oxford Thread on 16:58 - Jul 29 with 3169 viewsessextaxiboy

Dunnes injury is the real concern IMO
Login to get fewer ads

Oxford Thread on 16:59 - Jul 29 with 3140 viewsDejR_vu

What we are witnessing here is Les Ferdinand’s legacy.

Oxford Thread on 16:59 - Jul 29 with 3126 viewsstainrods_elbow

Oxford Thread on 16:26 - Jul 29 by denhamhoop2

3 0 excellent passing move and third man run way too sharp for us

I'm thinking Wembley '86 - though this time around we're all expecting it.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Oxford Thread on 16:59 - Jul 29 with 3108 viewsDamo1962

Oxford Thread on 16:50 - Jul 29 by davman

No-one should be muted or ignored for having a different opinion, but anyone expecting a finish higher than 24th this season needs certifying.

This squad would struggle to stay in L1, if we are brutally honest. Without additions we are toast. Anyone without their QPR glasses on knows this. If we get more than 20 points with this lot...I'll be amazed. Come on U R'ss.
Oxford Thread on 17:01 - Jul 29 with 3066 viewsted_hendrix

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/23688423.oxford-united-beat-qpr-5-0-pre-seaso

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Oxford Thread on 17:01 - Jul 29 with 3042 viewsNov77

Oxford Thread on 16:57 - Jul 29 by Match82

I quite enjoy this forum. It's ok to be realistic. It's a fcking miserable place to come onto when people are creaming themselves about how badly we're doing because they can say "I was right" though. There's a balance.

Today was awful in every possible way. This is at best going to be a long season and it could be awful from start to finish. There can't be any excuses. But there are going to be some smug fckers saying "I told you so" and delighting in the fact that things are going badly tonight. I don't understand that attitude and it makes this a toxic place.

Nobody is ‘delighted’ things are going badly, the reason people get angry is because they want and expect better.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Oxford Thread on 17:03 - Jul 29 with 2927 viewsRangersw12

Who are they then because all I see is QPR fans quite rightly livid we've just lost 5 nil to fking Oxford
Oxford Thread on 17:03 - Jul 29 with 2922 viewspaulparker

Oxford Thread on 16:59 - Jul 29 by DejR_vu

Thank you
Someone gets it

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Oxford Thread on 17:04 - Jul 29 with 2914 viewsBrianWilson

Oxford Thread on 16:51 - Jul 29 by essextaxiboy

Like letting Warburton go ? Or having to buy Richard’s ? That sort of thing ?

There are no excuses for losing 5-0 to Oxford in your last preseason friendly. He talks about 100% effort and then it's just...nothing. The players are not great but they are not collectively worse than Oxford.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Oxford Thread on 17:05 - Jul 29 with 2872 viewscorse

Oxford 5 - Ainsworth 0
Critchley 3 - Hibs 0

Itch I wanted to scratch...
Oxford Thread on 17:07 - Jul 29 with 2800 viewsessextaxiboy

Oxford Thread on 17:04 - Jul 29 by BrianWilson

There are no excuses for losing 5-0 to Oxford in your last preseason friendly. He talks about 100% effort and then it's just...nothing. The players are not great but they are not collectively worse than Oxford.

Well they were today …. In a pre season friendly
Oxford Thread on 17:09 - Jul 29 with 2692 viewsE15Hoop

Oxford Thread on 16:56 - Jul 29 by Hayesender

Really looking forward to the happy clappers excusing this one

OK, you win - as Private Frazer used to say in Dad's Army: "Doomed, I tell yer, we're all doooommmedd.."
Oxford Thread on 17:10 - Jul 29 with 2658 viewsmart_Goblin

If people are over the moon snout bring ‘right’ more than us a team or club doing well then they ain’t really fans are they ? In which case they most likely wouldn’t be on here (admittedly there probably had been 1 or 2 in the past ) .

Which suggest to me no one is ‘delighting’ in us being garbage .

Also just read someone saying “it’s just pre season”

The last game before pre season is not the be all and end all but it is very important. ThT was the BEST side we could have fielded ready for next Saturday and it’s an embarrassment.

People are worried and concerned.
I know I am . It’s not pessimism..it’s realism
Oxford Thread on 17:12 - Jul 29 with 2595 viewsHooping_Mad

Oxford Thread on 17:01 - Jul 29 by Nov77

Nobody is ‘delighted’ things are going badly, the reason people get angry is because they want and expect better.

Assigning view to others is the preserve of the morally superior apparently.

Perhaps we could create a 'safe space' for those to fragile to converse with the adults in the room?

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Oxford Thread on 17:13 - Jul 29 with 2547 viewspaulhoop2

London - so Gareth a 5 - 0 drubbing to league 2 Oxford just how bad was that?

GA - well we have a fantastic training facility that is premier league standard absolutely excellent Nick

London - ok well that is great to know but can you give an insight into the teams thinking ?

GA - You will always see 100% effort out there and we got that today. I’m thinking of brining in Dom Gape as FFP don’t give us much room to do much transfer wise but I must say signing Begovic is a plus due to our fantastic facilities”

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Oxford Thread on 17:14 - Jul 29 with 2495 viewsDamo1962

Oxford Thread on 17:04 - Jul 29 by BrianWilson

We have some atrocious excuses for footballers in this team/squad, so whilst I agree about the commitment...Oxford plainly are collectively better than us. Too many players in this squad have been given an easy ride by a lot of supporters...they might find it more uncomfortable this season. And I wouldn't blame the supporters either.
Oxford Thread on 17:16 - Jul 29 with 2445 viewsbaz_qpr

Oxford Thread on 16:59 - Jul 29 by DejR_vu

You could argue that and maybe be right but Oxford nearly got relegated last year also have no money, also changed their manager in the back end of last year, but played us of the park and were clearly organised defensively and had patterns of play going forward. They looked well coached.

We were an utter shambles in every way possible
Oxford Thread on 17:19 - Jul 29 with 2349 viewsDejR_vu

Oxford Thread on 17:09 - Jul 29 by E15Hoop

OK, you win - as Private Frazer used to say in Dad's Army: "Doomed, I tell yer, we're all doooommmedd.."

It’s all part of a cunning plan is it E15? It must be the most cunning of cunning plans because it looked to me like we just got our arses handed to us by a League 1 side.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024