Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pull the trigger 17:15 - Aug 5 with 16515 viewsbaz_qpr

I'm sorry it has to end like this, I know they love the club, know the club etc... I know we dont have a pot to piss in and limited resources. But we need an experienced championship manager who can tactically set up a team will play to what little strengths we have, will play a style of football that players want to come or stay here for. They need good connections can pick up some loans or frees in what is now a 4 week window.

Safety is the target.

This is not or will ever work in 2023 in the Championship. I dont care if they don't know the club love the club or played their entire career for Chelsea they need to be competent. And if we go down they need to know they will get the opportunity to rebuild a "football team"
Pull the trigger on 07:39 - Aug 6 with 1817 viewsdmm

I've really wanted Ainsworth and Dobson to show us they could do the job and keep us in this division. I said I wouldn't pass judgment until 10 games or so, but what I saw on the pitch yesterday changed my mind. I knew we'd lose, as we all did, but not in such a pathetic and inept way. I saw nothing at all to give me hope for this season.

Many have already expressed thoughts and feelings in this thread that I share. So suffice to say, Ainsworth needs to go - the sooner the better - if we're to have any chance of avoiding relegation.
Pull the trigger on 07:42 - Aug 6 with 1811 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

This club is rotten, and has been for the past decade, from top to bottom.
A lack of standards, mediocrity accepted, poor planning, no long term vision, and no one accountable.

I am actually more angry this morning. Something has to change, starting with Ainsworth, and then the owners. This club is already in a death spiral, and it's being accepted.
Pull the trigger on 07:51 - Aug 6 with 1770 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Pull the trigger on 07:42 - Aug 6 by Wilkinswatercarrier

A lack of standards, mediocrity accepted, poor planning, no long term vision, and no one accountable.

I am actually more angry this morning. Something has to change, starting with Ainsworth, and then the owners. This club is already in a death spiral, and it's being accepted.

We literally have to kill it to save it; it really feels this way even more than when I said it a few months back.

Shane, but it feels this is the way its either going to have to go or, will go.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Pull the trigger on 08:19 - Aug 6 with 1661 viewsSuffolk

Pull the trigger on 19:07 - Aug 5 by Ned_Kennedys

Calling for the manager to be sacked after ONE GAME of the season.

Only at QPR.

I dispise our fan base at times. Who in their right mind would want to play for/manage our club?
Pull the trigger on 08:22 - Aug 6 with 1644 viewsDejR_vu

Pull the trigger on 07:51 - Aug 6 by PlanetHonneywood

We literally have to kill it to save it; it really feels this way even more than when I said it a few months back.

Shane, but it feels this is the way its either going to have to go or, will go.

Death by a thousand cuts

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Pull the trigger on 08:28 - Aug 6 with 1610 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Pull the trigger on 07:42 - Aug 6 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Oh but the owners are wonderful, spending their money keeping us afloat. Beautiful people doing it out of the goodness of their hearts. Be careful what you wish for - no one buys football clubs.
Pull the trigger on 08:29 - Aug 6 with 1606 viewsandrew1302

It seems to me that the owners need to get out and sell/give away the club to someone who knows how to run a sports club. If they don't the wrath will turn on them very shortly. Amit is just a figurehead he has virtually no money staked and no influence it is all Ruben who is clearly clueless and just follows .let the new people clear out GA Ramsey Hall and all the cronies including all mouth no money invested Amit. Then start again probably from League1. I hate to say it but maybe best we get a big beating down at Cardiff to speed the process. Personally I think Ruben already is looking to get out. He has lost a fortune he is completely out of his depth and he is starting to get abuse
Pull the trigger on 08:52 - Aug 6 with 1523 viewsDejR_vu

Pull the trigger on 08:29 - Aug 6 by andrew1302

It seems to me that the owners need to get out and sell/give away the club to someone who knows how to run a sports club. If they don't the wrath will turn on them very shortly. Amit is just a figurehead he has virtually no money staked and no influence it is all Ruben who is clearly clueless and just follows .let the new people clear out GA Ramsey Hall and all the cronies including all mouth no money invested Amit. Then start again probably from League1. I hate to say it but maybe best we get a big beating down at Cardiff to speed the process. Personally I think Ruben already is looking to get out. He has lost a fortune he is completely out of his depth and he is starting to get abuse

I would be surprised if you could even give this club away. Who’s going to buy a club that loses £25m a year? If you’re competitive in The Championship you’ll get someone, because you’re one good season away from The Prem. Anyone looking at QPR, anyone sane at least, is looking at re-building from League One at a club that loses money hand over fist by virtue of its location and stadium. That, allied to the rules of the competition, pretty much make it impossible for us to get to The Prem, so why would anyone bother? It’s a cash bonfire.

Anyone decent looking to buy a football club would have a lot of choice before they get as far down the list as us.

The writing’s been on the wall for years. No one flushes money down the toilet year after year ad infinitum, even if they’re the reason. The owners will get fed up, why wouldn’t they, what are they getting out of this? They won’t be able to give the club away unless it’s to someone as stupid as them but, in all probability far less benevolent. My fear is that we will get thrown to the wolves or go back into Admin. If it’s the latter, I think there’s a real chance we won’t come out if it.

Login to get fewer ads

Pull the trigger on 08:54 - Aug 6 with 1511 viewsswitchingcode

Pull the trigger on 04:00 - Aug 6 by stainrods_elbow

For the love of God, do I have to say it again: Warburton's record in his last 20 games/2nd half of 2021/22 was lamentable relegation form - 3 wins, 3 draws and TWELVE defeats. He, and the team, had completely lost their way, the performances were mostly dire, the results were worse, and if he'd been allowed to carry on, would in all likelihood have taken us down. True, it's hard to imagine him doing worse than what we're seeing now, but he's at best a mediocre coach with a mediocre record.

These players have been cosseted, humoured, indulged and spoiled under the 'direction' of a piss-taker of a CEO, an incompetent youth/academy set-up, and non-football owners, compounded by a managerial hiring and firing fiasco that is going the way of yesterday's world- beating opponents.

Right now, I would keep Chair, Field, and the goalkeeper, and depopulate the rest of the club.

Every club Warburton has managed have improved after he left apart from one.
Pull the trigger on 09:02 - Aug 6 with 1457 viewsSonofpugwash

Pull the trigger on 08:22 - Aug 6 by DejR_vu

Death by a thousand cuts

You did say "cuts" didn't you?

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Pull the trigger on 09:08 - Aug 6 with 1425 viewsNorthantsHoop

Pull the trigger on 21:55 - Aug 5 by PunteR

This is football though. There's loads of coaches that would want a chance to manage or coach QPR.
The results and performances are simply not good enough. Why they got rid of Warburton is beyond me. Warburton came in after the fiasco of Holloway and McClaren and in one summer transformed the squad that resembles some kind of football team, with shape, attitude and performances. Compare that to this slop.

Exactly letting Warburton go was the death nail for Rangers, as well as keeping people like Ramsey and Hall in the background who should have gone years ago. At the moment there is no hope, standards are so poor and you saw it being played out on the pitch yesterday. I never subscribed to all this plan B rubbish about Warburton, unfortunately he possibly got done over by all the internal politics at QPR, maybe he was after Les's job and it all was too much. Anyway we are looking like Ipswich of a few years back already throwing our Championship future away.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2023 9:08]
Pull the trigger on 09:08 - Aug 6 with 1416 viewsChrisNW6

How much would it cost to pay up GA and his backroom team?

I think the plan is to sell Willock to free up cash for the squad build. But changing the management team would need Chair and possibly Field to be sold as well. Best case scenario we get an out of work Warnock type manager willing to come in for 10 months.

I think we have to stick with GA and can't see any alternative.
Pull the trigger on 09:08 - Aug 6 with 1420 viewsDejR_vu

Pull the trigger on 08:54 - Aug 6 by switchingcode

Every club Warburton has managed have improved after he left apart from one.

Maybe he’s good at laying foundations 😏

As I’ve said before, SC, it’s contextual. I don’t think anyone’s saying he’s Pep, he just seems it compared to everyone else this club appoints. If the owners could be trusted to make a decent appointment, he would be history to us as he is to you. You progressed and got promoted, we’re heading to League 1 and the abyss beyond. He, at least, put the breaks on and made us competent for a while.

Pull the trigger on 09:49 - Aug 6 with 1288 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Pull the trigger on 08:29 - Aug 6 by andrew1302

The only good thing about the current debacle is that people are wising up to the incompetence at board level. Imagine going from a playing style you've had for many seasons based on passing and holding onto the ball to hoofball simply because your chairman (who doesn't attend matches and is only chairman because of who he is shagging) wakes up one morning with a random thought. It's terrifying.
Pull the trigger on 09:50 - Aug 6 with 1285 viewsandrew1302

DejR I am assuming that they also give away the company owning the ground which is worth 30 to 40m. Ruben could keep a stake but he needs to give control to someone who knows how to run a sports club. The advantage to a buyer is the underpin of resi value so there is some advantage
Pull the trigger on 10:03 - Aug 6 with 1244 viewsDejR_vu

Pull the trigger on 09:50 - Aug 6 by andrew1302

DejR I am assuming that they also give away the company owning the ground which is worth 30 to 40m. Ruben could keep a stake but he needs to give control to someone who knows how to run a sports club. The advantage to a buyer is the underpin of resi value so there is some advantage

Okay, but you only realise that value if you sell and re-develop the ground. Do you want an owner who’s attracted to the club because of the ground? Take that away and it’s a money fire-pit. As I say, far more attractive alternatives to buy. The type of people willing to look at QPR are the sort better clubs are able to turn away because they have better options, i.e, the chancers and spivs left at the bottom of the barrel

Unless there’s an incredibly wealthy QPR supporter out there, who’s been hiding under a rock, but who is prepared to step in and rescue the club, I just can’t see any way out of this.

Edit: and to add, my biggest fear has always been that, once the owners have had enough, the possibility that they carve out the stadium and, now, the training ground (significantly funded by Bond Holders 🤔) and keep those and just sell the club.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2023 10:08]

Pull the trigger on 10:07 - Aug 6 with 1225 viewsdmm

Pull the trigger on 10:03 - Aug 6 by DejR_vu

Okay, but you only realise that value if you sell and re-develop the ground. Do you want an owner who’s attracted to the club because of the ground? Take that away and it’s a money fire-pit. As I say, far more attractive alternatives to buy. The type of people willing to look at QPR are the sort better clubs are able to turn away because they have better options, i.e, the chancers and spivs left at the bottom of the barrel

Unless there’s an incredibly wealthy QPR supporter out there, who’s been hiding under a rock, but who is prepared to step in and rescue the club, I just can’t see any way out of this.

Edit: and to add, my biggest fear has always been that, once the owners have had enough, the possibility that they carve out the stadium and, now, the training ground (significantly funded by Bond Holders 🤔) and keep those and just sell the club.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2023 10:08]

Yup, pretty much how I see it.
Pull the trigger on 10:26 - Aug 6 with 1174 viewsswitchingcode

Pull the trigger on 09:08 - Aug 6 by DejR_vu

Maybe he’s good at laying foundations 😏

As I’ve said before, SC, it’s contextual. I don’t think anyone’s saying he’s Pep, he just seems it compared to everyone else this club appoints. If the owners could be trusted to make a decent appointment, he would be history to us as he is to you. You progressed and got promoted, we’re heading to League 1 and the abyss beyond. He, at least, put the breaks on and made us competent for a while.

😃yes could argue that,I’m biased anyway as I detest the bloke.When you talk about the abyss Yeovil lost to Hemel Hempstead yesterday just 11years after beating Brentford in the Div 1 playoffs and playing championship football.Not suggesting that’s ever going to happen but does show how quickly things can change.Listened to GA post match interview and it’s fair to say he is way out of his depth.Need a coach who can get the best out of your better players rather than pissing them off.
Pull the trigger on 10:28 - Aug 6 with 1161 viewsDejR_vu

Pull the trigger on 10:26 - Aug 6 by switchingcode

😃yes could argue that,I’m biased anyway as I detest the bloke.When you talk about the abyss Yeovil lost to Hemel Hempstead yesterday just 11years after beating Brentford in the Div 1 playoffs and playing championship football.Not suggesting that’s ever going to happen but does show how quickly things can change.Listened to GA post match interview and it’s fair to say he is way out of his depth.Need a coach who can get the best out of your better players rather than pissing them off.

Well that’s cheered me up, thanks SC, looking forward to playing Yeovil and reminiscing about the old days 😉

Pull the trigger on 11:40 - Aug 6 with 1065 viewsswitchingcode

Pull the trigger on 10:28 - Aug 6 by DejR_vu

Well that’s cheered me up, thanks SC, looking forward to playing Yeovil and reminiscing about the old days 😉

Or maybe follow Brentford’s rise,it’s all possible.
Pull the trigger on 11:45 - Aug 6 with 1041 viewsDamo1962

Pull the trigger on 05:39 - Aug 6 by HammersmithR

I have watched some absolute shite with us over the years but that first half was an utter embarrassment. Never in nearly 40 years of supporting Rangers have I left at half time. Went back to the pub and it was absolutely packed with Rangers fans utterly fuming. Yesterday was on Ainsworth. He’s had all summer to work on tactics / players. We look even worse than last season. A back 4 of Paal, Gubbins, Fox and Kakay. FML. It’s literally a non league back 4. We all know you can’t play with a 2 man midfield in this league or you get massively over run. That defence needed protecting. Field was doing a 1 man job alongside that powder puff of a player Dozzell. Then don’t get me started on Kelman and Smyth. They were League 2 players for a reason last season. Our keeper just goes long every time and what’s the thinking with a gk being the captain? But throughout the game there is no change of game plan from Ainsworth. He flaps his arms and looks in the air. He’s totally clueless. His interview after the game was a joke. He must think we are stupid having witnessed that performance. All this crap about ‘it’s on me this one’. It’s become dull and repetitive. We had it all last season. Long ball is not 2023. There was no game plan yesterday. Play like this at Cardiff and he’ll be gone earlier than I expected. Club is an utter shambles at so many levels. Where’s the accountability for the likes of Ramsey and his coaches? Gubbins and Kakay are not good enough for this level. What’s going on with our scouting network? Signing players who are in their mid 30s just by looking at who is available on the released list from clubs. I could go on. Going to be a depressing year with 45 more games and 2 cup defeats.

Brilliant post. Send it to the owners 👍
Pull the trigger on 11:52 - Aug 6 with 999 viewsGloucs_R

Our owners and board...
Wasted £500m+
Took us from the Prem to struggling Champ team
Announced a new stadium 10 years ago
Are financially inept
Accepted years of youth team failure with no changes or repercussions
Failed to deliver on their own transfer policy
Have no long term plan

Poll: Are we staying up?

Pull the trigger on 11:53 - Aug 6 with 996 viewsDejR_vu

Pull the trigger on 11:40 - Aug 6 by switchingcode

Or maybe follow Brentford’s rise,it’s all possible.

You couldn’t all turn on Benham and drive him over to the dark side could you?

Pull the trigger on 11:55 - Aug 6 with 990 viewsGloucs_R

Our owners and board...
Wasted £500m+
Took us from the Prem to struggling Champ team
Announced a new stadium 10 years ago
Are financially inept
Accepted years of youth team failure with no changes or repercussions
Failed to deliver on their own transfer policy
Have no long term plan

Poll: Are we staying up?

Pull the trigger on 11:56 - Aug 6 with 980 viewsDejR_vu