Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pull the trigger 17:15 - Aug 5 with 16510 viewsbaz_qpr

I'm sorry it has to end like this, I know they love the club, know the club etc... I know we dont have a pot to piss in and limited resources. But we need an experienced championship manager who can tactically set up a team will play to what little strengths we have, will play a style of football that players want to come or stay here for. They need good connections can pick up some loans or frees in what is now a 4 week window.

Safety is the target.

This is not or will ever work in 2023 in the Championship. I dont care if they don't know the club love the club or played their entire career for Chelsea they need to be competent. And if we go down they need to know they will get the opportunity to rebuild a "football team"
Pull the trigger on 20:55 - Aug 5 with 2517 viewsandrew1302

We all know that we are where we because of basically very naive ownership ( being nice) but we have to look now not at why we we are here and where we go from here. One game in and people are saying GA should go and I agree with them. He talks everything up with this bravado but truth is the players are not behind him or his tactics. He is trying to peg round holes with square pegs. Yes our playing staff our far from good but anyone who has watched the last number of games knows punting it doesn't work andv2 in midfield doesn't work. I would say everyone on this board can see that but GA doesn't change . You can pick holes in him everywhere. 2 subs in minute 97 to tactical set up. He has tried to impose his limited style on players who don't want to play that way and he won't see that . I don't know what severance agreement the club have if any. If none he is hear to stay and in my view we will be straight to league 2. If it is not too much then he has to go or we are relegated. Everyone bar him can see for goodness sake at least play to your limited strengths . Well everyone bar GA. Truth is he has lost the dressing room and the supporters which aftre 1 game does not bode well. Personally I think he was appointed by LF to try and ease pressure on him by appointing an old favourite and it is and was a big mistake....and back to useless clueless owners.
Pull the trigger on 20:58 - Aug 5 with 2498 viewsPhilmyRs

Pull the trigger on 20:55 - Aug 5 by andrew1302

We all know that we are where we because of basically very naive ownership ( being nice) but we have to look now not at why we we are here and where we go from here. One game in and people are saying GA should go and I agree with them. He talks everything up with this bravado but truth is the players are not behind him or his tactics. He is trying to peg round holes with square pegs. Yes our playing staff our far from good but anyone who has watched the last number of games knows punting it doesn't work andv2 in midfield doesn't work. I would say everyone on this board can see that but GA doesn't change . You can pick holes in him everywhere. 2 subs in minute 97 to tactical set up. He has tried to impose his limited style on players who don't want to play that way and he won't see that . I don't know what severance agreement the club have if any. If none he is hear to stay and in my view we will be straight to league 2. If it is not too much then he has to go or we are relegated. Everyone bar him can see for goodness sake at least play to your limited strengths . Well everyone bar GA. Truth is he has lost the dressing room and the supporters which aftre 1 game does not bode well. Personally I think he was appointed by LF to try and ease pressure on him by appointing an old favourite and it is and was a big mistake....and back to useless clueless owners.

GA wasn’t appointed by Les Ferdinand.
Pull the trigger on 21:08 - Aug 5 with 2452 viewsQPRConor2000

Pull the trigger on 20:55 - Aug 5 by andrew1302

Ainsworth was appointed by the owners, Les tbf didnt have a say.
Pull the trigger on 21:09 - Aug 5 with 2444 viewsted_hendrix

Pull the trigger on 19:58 - Aug 5 by PunteR

Majority of our fans have been saying it for years but theres always a handful that know better.
Ainsworth has been dealt a bad hand that's for sure , no arguments there from me , but he's not capable of turning this round imo.
I think if we're sacking Critchley than what are we waiting for with Ainsworth?
It's a shambles.

Yes It Is a shambles and has been for far too long.

Ainsworth wasn't conscripted into the Managers job here was he? nobody bent his arm up behind his back, and I bet he knew our circumstances before and during his interviews, he'll get no sympathy from me, he took over last season with us being 8 points clear of the drop and lo and behold we escaped relegation by the skin of our teeth and thanks to other clubs getting point deductions. I believe he is way-way out of his depth, performance and result wise, he should not bear the brunt of our angst alone though, but look we lost our last home fixture last season, got beat up at Oxford last week and got beat up again today.

It's all laid out bare right before our very eyes, nobody likes It but someone somewhere very soon has to grab hold of the stinging nettle and sort our club out, top too bottom.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Pull the trigger on 21:10 - Aug 5 with 2414 viewsandrew1302

I really don't think the owners know anything at all about football to the point they probably didn't know who GA was or is. I am sure it would have been a Les recommendation.
Pull the trigger on 21:18 - Aug 5 with 2372 viewsQPRConor2000

I think Ainsworth was brought in at the start purely to protect the owners from any further flack, I think its fair to say it has failed.

Ainsworth isn't the man to take us forward, I loved him as a player, but as a manager, hes just Abysmal, he is at best a L1 manager, his style of play also doesnt fit the modern game we see today, teams these days like to try and dominate the ball, just see Southampton last night.

I also found his post match interview utterly bermusing, he said there was "some positives" but he is deluded, also he talked about watford being "league winners", which I found to be utter bizzare.

Furthermore, he said the players gave everything, really? If they had given everything then they would be fighting for the shirt, and the vast majority of this team were utterly shambolic, and Ainsworth's attitude in the interview, especially when he was smiling really made me angry too.

I think the board surely have to act now, fans walking out at half time and going to the pub, away end booing the team, only SDM and Armstrong coming over to apologise to the fans too, which speaks volumes.

Ainsworth wont last long, I wouldn't be surprised if the board simply accepted that he isn't the man to take us forward and took the decision to sack him tonight.

Time for an experienced manager at this level who can work on a limited budget, we still have a few weeks left of the window, perhaps the time to change things is now.
Pull the trigger on 21:23 - Aug 5 with 2338 viewsGaryBannister86

Pull the trigger on 21:10 - Aug 5 by andrew1302

I really don't think the owners know anything at all about football to the point they probably didn't know who GA was or is. I am sure it would have been a Les recommendation.

Trying to blame Les for GA appointment is surely pushing it. Can't imagine he wanted him in a million years, hence he left?
Pull the trigger on 21:34 - Aug 5 with 2285 viewsterryb

Pull the trigger on 21:10 - Aug 5 by andrew1302

I'm fairly sure i've read that it was an Amit decision as Ainsworth was a an itch he had to scratch!

Ferdinand wouldn't have given him an interview!
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 21:34]
Login to get fewer ads

Pull the trigger on 21:39 - Aug 5 with 2258 viewsandrew1302

You could well be right I can't say I know. I agree whoever appointed him was to appease the fans by bringing in an old hero. I really cannot believe that was Ruben who clearly knows very little about football. Anyway bottom line for me is GA is way out of his depth. He is tactically naive and has no idea what to do beyond his hoofball which does not suit the players and moreover at this level is easily coped with by opposition. He has lost the dressing room by the demeanour of the players today and he has lost most supporters. That does not bode well. He can't argue Cardiff are a great team lose that with a performance like today and I think he will be under real pressure from even those he used to love him.
Pull the trigger on 21:47 - Aug 5 with 2208 viewsPunteR

Pull the trigger on 21:34 - Aug 5 by terryb

I'm fairly sure i've read that it was an Amit decision as Ainsworth was a an itch he had to scratch!

Which is why he was a useless DoF and had to go. If this was the case he should have jacked it in when the owners appointed Holloway, McClaren.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Pull the trigger on 21:54 - Aug 5 with 2180 viewsMalintabuk

Pull the trigger on 21:34 - Aug 5 by terryb

Been home for a while and again not come on here as so angry again about today.
Can't really add a lot to what everyone as said, thankfully Watford declared at half time to save us even more embarrassment
Just watched the interview and I honestly think the man is delusional, and this can not go on
97th minute substitutions I sat there speechless and still am.
Where on earth do we go from here?
Pull the trigger on 21:55 - Aug 5 with 2169 viewsPunteR

Pull the trigger on 20:16 - Aug 5 by DejR_vu

Agreed. But Ainsworth can’t help being limited any more than he can help the colour of his eyes.

Who, on earth, would take this job, at this circus? Idiot owners, one of the smallest squads in the league, mainly cr@p, the decent ones clearly want out, no money to spend. It’s a career wrecker which is why no one decent would go anywhere near it, and why we ended up with Ainsworth.

This is football though. There's loads of coaches that would want a chance to manage or coach QPR.
The results and performances are simply not good enough. Why they got rid of Warburton is beyond me. Warburton came in after the fiasco of Holloway and McClaren and in one summer transformed the squad that resembles some kind of football team, with shape, attitude and performances. Compare that to this slop.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Pull the trigger on 21:58 - Aug 5 with 2155 viewscaptainmycaptian

Not one to post much not one to moan much. GA is going to have to go.. No change from last season ad I don't get the we have no money he should have pocked up some young up and coming lower league players. He should have had a decent scouting information when he arrived. He can't play that style of football and expect to stay up. Personally I think they want the clubs to fail and sell the ground such a shame .
Pull the trigger on 22:51 - Aug 5 with 1947 viewsThe_Beast1976

Gutted to say this, bit I do think GA needs shipping out this week irrespective of the consequences. I also think the owners need to go (again, irrespective of the consequences)
Pull the trigger on 23:26 - Aug 5 with 1833 viewshoops_legend

Pull the trigger on 20:30 - Aug 5 by rrrspricey

Precisely, that's why we need a dof

If we were to pull the trigger

I do not want to see pulis or allardyce

I want to see a conference manager we give a chance despite our likely relegation to build something and play some real football. It may not work tomorrow but we could build something for the future
Pull the trigger on 00:07 - Aug 6 with 1717 viewsbaz_qpr

Pull the trigger on 21:39 - Aug 5 by andrew1302

You could well be right I can't say I know. I agree whoever appointed him was to appease the fans by bringing in an old hero. I really cannot believe that was Ruben who clearly knows very little about football. Anyway bottom line for me is GA is way out of his depth. He is tactically naive and has no idea what to do beyond his hoofball which does not suit the players and moreover at this level is easily coped with by opposition. He has lost the dressing room by the demeanour of the players today and he has lost most supporters. That does not bode well. He can't argue Cardiff are a great team lose that with a performance like today and I think he will be under real pressure from even those he used to love him.

It was Amit who appointed him and described as an itch he needed to scratch, I think he hoped it would be like Warnock more of an old skull manager. He needs to admit his mistake and rectify it. Ruben has only just lost his old man and we dont yet know what impact that has meant.
Pull the trigger on 00:24 - Aug 6 with 1666 viewsconnell10

Pull the trigger on 00:07 - Aug 6 by baz_qpr

It was Amit who appointed him and described as an itch he needed to scratch, I think he hoped it would be like Warnock more of an old skull manager. He needs to admit his mistake and rectify it. Ruben has only just lost his old man and we dont yet know what impact that has meant.

That was a very poor post match interview, he talks bollocks sometimes.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Pull the trigger on 00:27 - Aug 6 with 1637 viewsCamberleyR

Pull the trigger on 00:24 - Aug 6 by connell10

That was a very poor post match interview, he talks bollocks sometimes.

He might 'get' the club but I can't listen to his bullshit underdog schtick anymore. He needs to go as soon as possible.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Pull the trigger on 00:29 - Aug 6 with 1621 viewsDamo1962

Pull the trigger on 20:25 - Aug 5 by dutch

No, I'm sorry. I don't feel sorry for them, I feel sorry for us. You should not be doing a job you are not up to, the entire defence was woeful, shameful. I would not pretend to be a surgeon and then feel sorry for myself when all my patients died. Gus Caesar and Zesh Rehman were better than that.

Nail on head 👏
Pull the trigger on 04:00 - Aug 6 with 1480 viewsstainrods_elbow

Pull the trigger on 21:55 - Aug 5 by PunteR

This is football though. There's loads of coaches that would want a chance to manage or coach QPR.
The results and performances are simply not good enough. Why they got rid of Warburton is beyond me. Warburton came in after the fiasco of Holloway and McClaren and in one summer transformed the squad that resembles some kind of football team, with shape, attitude and performances. Compare that to this slop.

For the love of God, do I have to say it again: Warburton's record in his last 20 games/2nd half of 2021/22 was lamentable relegation form - 3 wins, 3 draws and TWELVE defeats. He, and the team, had completely lost their way, the performances were mostly dire, the results were worse, and if he'd been allowed to carry on, would in all likelihood have taken us down. True, it's hard to imagine him doing worse than what we're seeing now, but he's at best a mediocre coach with a mediocre record.

These players have been cosseted, humoured, indulged and spoiled under the 'direction' of a piss-taker of a CEO, an incompetent youth/academy set-up, and non-football owners, compounded by a managerial hiring and firing fiasco that is going the way of yesterday's world- beating opponents.

Right now, I would keep Chair, Field, and the goalkeeper, and depopulate the rest of the club.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Pull the trigger on 04:35 - Aug 6 with 1454 viewsloftupper

Got to say I think the guy is full of crap, he is not a coach by any means in an era of football when coaching is at its height.

He has proven to be terrible in the transfer market. Not buying this crap about no money when Colback and Begovic have been bought in. Where is the knowledge of the lower leagues?

Maybe there are a few on here in thrall to the long hair and tight jeans because I cannot see anything in the bloke that says he has got this
Pull the trigger on 05:39 - Aug 6 with 1400 viewsHammersmithR

Pull the trigger on 04:35 - Aug 6 by loftupper

Got to say I think the guy is full of crap, he is not a coach by any means in an era of football when coaching is at its height.

He has proven to be terrible in the transfer market. Not buying this crap about no money when Colback and Begovic have been bought in. Where is the knowledge of the lower leagues?

Maybe there are a few on here in thrall to the long hair and tight jeans because I cannot see anything in the bloke that says he has got this

I have watched some absolute shite with us over the years but that first half was an utter embarrassment. Never in nearly 40 years of supporting Rangers have I left at half time. Went back to the pub and it was absolutely packed with Rangers fans utterly fuming. Yesterday was on Ainsworth. He’s had all summer to work on tactics / players. We look even worse than last season. A back 4 of Paal, Gubbins, Fox and Kakay. FML. It’s literally a non league back 4. We all know you can’t play with a 2 man midfield in this league or you get massively over run. That defence needed protecting. Field was doing a 1 man job alongside that powder puff of a player Dozzell. Then don’t get me started on Kelman and Smyth. They were League 2 players for a reason last season. Our keeper just goes long every time and what’s the thinking with a gk being the captain? But throughout the game there is no change of game plan from Ainsworth. He flaps his arms and looks in the air. He’s totally clueless. His interview after the game was a joke. He must think we are stupid having witnessed that performance. All this crap about ‘it’s on me this one’. It’s become dull and repetitive. We had it all last season. Long ball is not 2023. There was no game plan yesterday. Play like this at Cardiff and he’ll be gone earlier than I expected. Club is an utter shambles at so many levels. Where’s the accountability for the likes of Ramsey and his coaches? Gubbins and Kakay are not good enough for this level. What’s going on with our scouting network? Signing players who are in their mid 30s just by looking at who is available on the released list from clubs. I could go on. Going to be a depressing year with 45 more games and 2 cup defeats.
Pull the trigger on 06:14 - Aug 6 with 1346 viewsVancouverHoop

Changing the manager/coach, whoever they are, won't solve the internal problems at this club.

Warburton, Beale, Critchley, now Ainsworth have suffered the same fate Ainsworth is about to. In retrospect only Beale had the sense to slink away before he went down with ship. As a reward he deserves to be burned in effigy on Shepherds Bush Green every November 5 for his cowardice.

Let's face it. The "find 'em young, train 'em up, then sell 'em on" philosophy just hasn't worked. Nor, based on what we saw today, does it look like bearing fruit any time soon. Clearly massive top-to-bottom structural changes at the club are absolutely necessary. They'll be painful, and they'll take time, but the longer they're avoided the worse it'll be for everyone.
Pull the trigger on 06:21 - Aug 6 with 1328 viewsDejR_vu

Pull the trigger on 21:55 - Aug 5 by PunteR

100% agree on Warburton. The idiots that run the club stumbled on something through luck rather than judgement (he applied for the job, he wasn’t identified) and were even too stupid to recognise their luck. He’s the only person who’s been at the club since this bunch of clowns rolled into town who knew what he was doing. I fully accept he wasn’t perfect but looking at where we are now he’s Margot Robbie compared to Anne Widdecombe.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Pull the trigger on 07:15 - Aug 6 with 1243 viewsParkRoyalR

Pull the trigger on 04:00 - Aug 6 by stainrods_elbow

For the love of God, do I have to say it again: Warburton's record in his last 20 games/2nd half of 2021/22 was lamentable relegation form - 3 wins, 3 draws and TWELVE defeats. He, and the team, had completely lost their way, the performances were mostly dire, the results were worse, and if he'd been allowed to carry on, would in all likelihood have taken us down. True, it's hard to imagine him doing worse than what we're seeing now, but he's at best a mediocre coach with a mediocre record.

These players have been cosseted, humoured, indulged and spoiled under the 'direction' of a piss-taker of a CEO, an incompetent youth/academy set-up, and non-football owners, compounded by a managerial hiring and firing fiasco that is going the way of yesterday's world- beating opponents.

Right now, I would keep Chair, Field, and the goalkeeper, and depopulate the rest of the club.

Who was playing in goal for those last 20 games?

How fit for work was our highest paid player given a contract to please the fans?

What had our expensively resourced Academy set up produced to fill the bench in times of that injury crisis?

This club needed Warburton's work ethic and professionalism and letting him go was a huge risk as we can now see.

Not sure a single Rangers fan believes we'd be in a worse position now if we'd given Warburton time to overhaul the Academy and back-room of our club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024