Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans forum 18th sept 14:35 - Aug 18 with 6998 viewsG_Ottershaw

FYI

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2023/august/18/qpr-fans-forum-date-confirmed/
Fans forum 18th sept on 14:45 - Aug 18 with 4850 viewsLongsufferingR

Expect a big upturn in form for the two weeks beforehand, and god help us after that.
Fans forum 18th sept on 21:59 - Aug 18 with 4615 viewsPikey

Usually goes pear shaped after the forum
Ask Mclaren, Warburton and Beale... although Beale just sat there telling lies then jumped of his own accord.
Water pressure, bogs, bigger flags for standing area, move anyone over 50 out of upper loft to getvatmidphere ( and lose a thousand or so fans) £ 7.50p a pint of Guinness in a plastic glass and no shamrock. Oh sorry almost forgot why not get new owners who will invest ? As those there do not believe believe the FFP explanations given to date.
Fans forum 18th sept on 14:30 - Aug 22 with 4385 viewsbellomatic

Unfortunately, I can't be there. Could some ask a question for me?

My wife tells me that the water pressure in the ladies toilet in the Stan Bowles stand isn't up to scratch. I'd be grateful if you could ask the management if they are aware of this problem, and what plans they have to fix it.
Fans forum 18th sept on 14:44 - Aug 22 with 4326 viewsMedwayR

Fans forum 18th sept on 14:30 - Aug 22 by bellomatic

Unfortunately, I can't be there. Could some ask a question for me?

My wife tells me that the water pressure in the ladies toilet in the Stan Bowles stand isn't up to scratch. I'd be grateful if you could ask the management if they are aware of this problem, and what plans they have to fix it.

I'm pretty sure this was covered last time. They said it would involve digging up the road etc etc zzzz

But...it is possible.

So I'm certain Lee Hoos would appreciated being asked for any updates.

Poll: Who’s better?

Fans forum 18th sept on 14:46 - Aug 22 with 4322 viewsRs_Holy

Any updates on the Linford Christie Stadium/Move to Bracknell/Loftus Road underground development???
I'm sure Le Hoo's will really be looking forward to enlightening us with this years thrilling installment.
Fans forum 18th sept on 14:52 - Aug 22 with 4286 viewstoboboly

Fans forum 18th sept on 14:46 - Aug 22 by Rs_Holy

Any updates on the Linford Christie Stadium/Move to Bracknell/Loftus Road underground development???
I'm sure Le Hoo's will really be looking forward to enlightening us with this years thrilling installment.

Instalments are what you now need to buy a beer at the ground

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Fans forum 18th sept on 14:52 - Aug 22 with 4285 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Can someone ask what exactly is Les Ferdinand's role.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Fans forum 18th sept on 14:59 - Aug 22 with 4260 viewsrobith

My name is God, long time supporter, first time forumite.

My son Jesus Christ, who is here to wash away the sins of all men, was kicked out of the academy by Evil Les Ferdinand. Could someone ask Ainsworth if he can have his spot back please?
Login to get fewer ads

Fans forum 18th sept on 15:09 - Aug 22 with 4241 viewsNorthernr

Fans forum 18th sept on 14:59 - Aug 22 by robith

My name is God, long time supporter, first time forumite.

My son Jesus Christ, who is here to wash away the sins of all men, was kicked out of the academy by Evil Les Ferdinand. Could someone ask Ainsworth if he can have his spot back please?

Last season's version of that was an absolute belter. Teed up perfectly with an under arm soft ball first question, but held onto the mic for a follow up. Textbook stuff.

Obviously expecting all the usual stuff about water pressure, beer selection and price, catering, standards of service, with all the usual answers and no notable change or improvement - always 10 mins well spent.

Looking forward to Lee Hoos receiving this year's florid, multi-clause, five minute meander through the English language that basically equates to "YOU'RE SHIT AGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH".

Sadly imagine Gareth might by quite painful at something like this. Just the same old 'boys giving me everything, I'll be giving 100%' stuff and no real answers. I wondered if they'd considered having Dobson on the penalty to make the three.

Real indication that it's all eggs in one basket and very much the Gareth Ainsworth show on everything football related now. Just him and a CEO who once hung his hat on being the numbers and figures man and letting the football people make the football decisions.
Fans forum 18th sept on 15:20 - Aug 22 with 4214 viewswombat

Fans forum 18th sept on 15:09 - Aug 22 by Northernr

Last season's version of that was an absolute belter. Teed up perfectly with an under arm soft ball first question, but held onto the mic for a follow up. Textbook stuff.

Obviously expecting all the usual stuff about water pressure, beer selection and price, catering, standards of service, with all the usual answers and no notable change or improvement - always 10 mins well spent.

Looking forward to Lee Hoos receiving this year's florid, multi-clause, five minute meander through the English language that basically equates to "YOU'RE SHIT AGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH".

Sadly imagine Gareth might by quite painful at something like this. Just the same old 'boys giving me everything, I'll be giving 100%' stuff and no real answers. I wondered if they'd considered having Dobson on the penalty to make the three.

Real indication that it's all eggs in one basket and very much the Gareth Ainsworth show on everything football related now. Just him and a CEO who once hung his hat on being the numbers and figures man and letting the football people make the football decisions.

yes clive u can have my beer tokens

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Fans forum 18th sept on 15:23 - Aug 22 with 4207 viewsAntti_Heinola

Good news is, we always have a dramatic uptick in form before these.
Bad news is, as someone said above, it then goes tits up immediately after.
The worrying thing is: if the uptick has started and it's 'playing reasonably well for 60 mins but losing'... what does 'tits up' look like? Terrifying.

Bare bones.

Fans forum 18th sept on 15:29 - Aug 22 with 4194 viewsslmrstid

I only went last year as I happened to be in London for the week, but I actually think a viable question is to ask the club (well, Hoos really) why they are hanging their hats so much on having a new stadium to use 7 days in a week, in a city like London which already has a fairly over-saturated corporate event venue market. Unlike say, a Leicester City, or a Burnley, two of his previous clubs...

As some of us have already discussed on this website previously!
Fans forum 18th sept on 15:35 - Aug 22 with 4169 viewswombat

Fans forum 18th sept on 15:29 - Aug 22 by slmrstid

I only went last year as I happened to be in London for the week, but I actually think a viable question is to ask the club (well, Hoos really) why they are hanging their hats so much on having a new stadium to use 7 days in a week, in a city like London which already has a fairly over-saturated corporate event venue market. Unlike say, a Leicester City, or a Burnley, two of his previous clubs...

As some of us have already discussed on this website previously!

think its more multi use events which is what we are missing out on

concerts
boxing
that sort of thing the weddings and coporate stuff are also important but they would be the big money spinners for the club , if only they had bought the dairy crest site not so long ago

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Fans forum 18th sept on 15:43 - Aug 22 with 4120 viewsNorthernr

Fans forum 18th sept on 15:20 - Aug 22 by wombat

yes clive u can have my beer tokens

Well looking at that week I've got match reports and previews to do for Sunderland Saturday, Swansea Tuesday, Birmingham Friday. Fans forum report to do Monday. Day job.

Might need more than beer.
Fans forum 18th sept on 15:50 - Aug 22 with 4094 viewsDavieQPR

The club won't miss an opportunity to extol the virtues of the new training ground. Personally would like to know if this is actually contributing in some way to the increase in injuries since its first use.
Fans forum 18th sept on 15:59 - Aug 22 with 4070 viewsdmm

I've submitted a question about player fitness asking Ainsworth if he can give a full explanation of what the hell is going on. It'll be interesting to see if it's asked.
Fans forum 18th sept on 16:11 - Aug 22 with 4055 viewsNorthernr

Fans forum 18th sept on 15:59 - Aug 22 by dmm

I've submitted a question about player fitness asking Ainsworth if he can give a full explanation of what the hell is going on. It'll be interesting to see if it's asked.

It's a completely fair question, and I'm both alarmed at their approach and the answer he gave at the weekend.

It's basically like our pre-season didn't exist. None of his signings were here, nor getting much of a pre-season elsewhere so none of them are up to speed. None of the Peddar, Kargbo, Woodman, Gubbins types we gave big minutes too are anywhere close, so that was a waste of time. meanwhile several younger players who were almost completely ignored over the summer - Armstrong, Kolli, Aoraha, Bala - are now in the mix, so where were they in Austria while Leon was doing his big farewell speech to the boys on expenses? The style and system we spent all summer supposedly working on was abandoned in the dressing room at Watford after the game, so we're now working on entirely new shape, style and combinations. And they've basically admitted to doing very limited traditional fitness work at all in favour of a slow ramp up.

The one thing I would say in their defence is this ridiculous situation we have where the transfer window is open four weeks into the season makes this kind of inevitable. We saw it before under McClaren. You're seeing teams like Southampton and Leeds who will look entirely different on September 1 from August 1. It's like August is a pre-season now, and the season starts for real at home to Sunderland.

The answer you'll get will be entirely based around "we got a lot of muscle injuries last year... ben Williams from cycling... very slow ramp up... yeh we're still losing a first teamer a week but it's all impact injuries... different team when we get these players back... and then the same as every other answer we'll be fit and firing, the lads will be giving everything, I'll be giving 100% every week."

One thing this muscle injuries v impact injuries narrative ignores is the blatantly obvious reality that a lot of the "muscle injuries" we got last season were players exaggerating , feigning, faking and plain making things up and lying because after Daddy Mick left they weren't arsd and they wanted to be at the regular Saturday night QPR table at Reign rather than doing the long slog to Middlesbrough A. In some ways you're over compensating and making provisions for a problem that was entirely imagined by a collection of little twts phoning it in. Two of whom are now at another Championship club and, low and behold, out most of the time with non-descript muscle injuries again. Maybe Birmingham's medical team is completely substandard too, eh?

This post has been edited by an administrator
Fans forum 18th sept on 15:18 - Sep 14 with 3385 viewsNorthernr

Amit and Ruben are now on the panel for this...
Fans forum 18th sept on 15:22 - Sep 14 with 3363 viewsdaveB

Fans forum 18th sept on 15:18 - Sep 14 by Northernr

Oh christ, i hope we win weekend or that one could turn ugly
Fans forum 18th sept on 15:28 - Sep 14 with 3321 viewsdmm

Fans forum 18th sept on 15:18 - Sep 14 by Northernr

That's a first, isn't it?
Fans forum 18th sept on 15:29 - Sep 14 with 3311 viewsAntti_Heinola

Fans forum 18th sept on 15:23 - Aug 22 by Antti_Heinola

Good news is, we always have a dramatic uptick in form before these.
Bad news is, as someone said above, it then goes tits up immediately after.
The worrying thing is: if the uptick has started and it's 'playing reasonably well for 60 mins but losing'... what does 'tits up' look like? Terrifying.

Blimey.
I didn't actually think this would happen.

Bare bones.

Fans forum 18th sept on 15:34 - Sep 14 with 3286 viewsTheChef

Fans forum 18th sept on 15:43 - Aug 22 by Northernr

Well looking at that week I've got match reports and previews to do for Sunderland Saturday, Swansea Tuesday, Birmingham Friday. Fans forum report to do Monday. Day job.

Looks like you picked the wrong week to give up sniffing glue.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Fans forum 18th sept on 15:39 - Sep 14 with 3264 viewsTheChef

Fans forum 18th sept on 15:29 - Sep 14 by Antti_Heinola

Blimey.
I didn't actually think this would happen.

Well a definite uptick would be an actual home win on Saturday!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Fans forum 18th sept on 16:03 - Sep 14 with 3199 viewsderbyhoop

What's the situation with a replacement DOF?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Fans forum 18th sept on 16:15 - Sep 14 with 3164 viewsdenhamhoop2

Fans forum 18th sept on 15:43 - Aug 22 by Northernr

I'm sure some the younger away element can help you out on that front. Not quite top grade Colombian but wherever the Poundland version of it comes from
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024