Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Greenwood 22:48 - Aug 21 with 16184 viewshoops_legend

Would you take a risk on him given he’s leaving Man Utd. I think hes done a very bad thing and clearly isn’t a nice guy but I don’t think he’s quite as scummy as some people make out. Perhaps deserves a second chance

Should qpr offer him that?
Greenwood on 22:54 - Aug 21 with 6486 viewscolinallcars

No,no, a thousand times no.
Greenwood on 22:54 - Aug 21 with 6484 viewsRs_Holy

no
Greenwood on 22:57 - Aug 21 with 6468 viewstraininvain

Not that we’d have a hope in hell given his likely wage demands but would you really want this man representing our football club?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/01/30/manchester-united-player-mason-green

Personally I would sooner stop watching football than support a scumbag like Greenwood.
Greenwood on 22:58 - Aug 21 with 6466 viewsBluce_Ree

Oh fk this thread and fk Mason Greenwood.

I can live with us being shit but I'd rather we weren't the last career outpost for wrong uns.

Mason Greenwood. The fk out of here.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Greenwood on 23:05 - Aug 21 with 6413 viewsBoston

Greenwood on 22:58 - Aug 21 by Bluce_Ree

I can live with us being shit but I'd rather we weren't the last career outpost for wrong uns.

He'll be off overseas alright.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Greenwood on 23:05 - Aug 21 with 6423 viewshoops_legend

Greenwood on 22:58 - Aug 21 by Bluce_Ree

To be fair we very rarely have or keep wrong uns. Apart from maybe Joey Barton.

I haven’t read much on the greenwood case to be fair but I think perhaps you guys are right a) it wouldn’t happen anyway and b) we don’t want to be that club
Greenwood on 23:06 - Aug 21 with 6415 viewsnadera78

I would rather see the club disbanded, Loftus Rd sold for housing and the profits given to Chelsea than see that man play for QPR. And that ain't no joke.
Greenwood on 23:07 - Aug 21 with 6415 viewshoops_legend

Yeah ok read the news article and no thanks Mason!
Login to get fewer ads

Greenwood on 23:29 - Aug 21 with 6336 viewsHastings_Hoops

Er…

…no
Greenwood on 23:34 - Aug 21 with 6323 viewsdaveB

Not a chance and he's going abroad anyway and probably be back at Man Utd or another Premier League club within a year
Greenwood on 23:35 - Aug 21 with 6325 viewseastside_r

A shoo in for Saudi one would think.
Greenwood on 00:11 - Aug 22 with 6242 viewsCiderwithRsie

Don't want him but he sure as hell doesn't want to come here.
Greenwood on 00:40 - Aug 22 with 6197 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Come on lads…
[Post edited 22 Aug 2023 0:47]
Greenwood on 00:55 - Aug 22 with 6152 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Greenwood on 22:57 - Aug 21 by traininvain

Not that we’d have a hope in hell given his likely wage demands but would you really want this man representing our football club?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/01/30/manchester-united-player-mason-green

Personally I would sooner stop watching football than support a scumbag like Greenwood.

The number of folk jumping on speculation published in an article dated January 2022 astonishes me. You should be ashamed of yourselves. What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

In the interests of fairness, here's an up-to-date article:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66554874

Before we start chucking stones, it's important to note that Mason denied the allegations, and the alleged victim asked the police to drop their investigation back in April 2022. This request was ignored but eventually all charges were dropped in February 2023. Man United subsequently conducted a 6-month internal investigation which concluded that Mason did not commit the offences in respect of which he was originally charged.

Mason has admitted to making "mistakes" so it appears that he isn't entirely without blame. However, that doesn't make him guilty of abuse or rape. He will leave Man United by mutual consent but remains on their books on full pay. This demonstrates that in 6 months Man United found little or nothing to warrant dismissal.

Whilst Mason clearly needs to learn from his mistakes, the witch-hunt concerns me. Men have rights too and these rights should not be marginalised because its fashionable to do so. Rich footballers, in particular, will be magnets to women, and it's chillingly easy to make false allegations. Care needs to be exercised not to take a moralistic approach to footballers' lifestyles, and to judge each case on the facts.

Ultimately, this is a young man with a partner and a baby. In the eyes of the law Mason is innocent. Until that changes, Mason and his family deserve to live their lives without being judged by the court of social media.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2023 1:14]
Greenwood on 01:05 - Aug 22 with 6145 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Greenwood on 00:55 - Aug 22 by Benny_the_Ball

The number of folk jumping on speculation published in an article dated January 2022 astonishes me. You should be ashamed of yourselves. What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Before we start chucking stones, it's important to note that Mason denied the allegations, and the alleged victim asked the police to drop their investigation back in April 2022. This request was ignored but eventually all charges were dropped in February 2023. Man United subsequently conducted a 6-month internal investigation which concluded that Mason did not commit the offences in respect of which he was originally charged.

Mason has admitted to making "mistakes" so it appears that he isn't entirely without blame. However, that doesn't make him guilty of abuse or rape. He will leave Man United by mutual consent but remains on their books on full pay. This demonstrates that in 6 months Man United found little or nothing to warrant dismissal.

Whilst Mason clearly needs to learn from his mistakes, the witch-hunt concerns me. Men have rights too and these rights should not be marginalised because its fashionable to do so. Rich footballers, in particular, will be magnets to women, and it's chillingly easy to make false allegations. Care needs to be exercised not to take a moralistic approach to footballers' lifestyles, and to judge each case on the facts.

Ultimately, this is a young man with a partner and a baby. In the eyes of the law Mason is innocent. Until that changes, Mason and his family deserve to live their lives without being judged by the court of social media.

I’m out. Good luck being a woman nowadays.
Greenwood on 01:09 - Aug 22 with 6135 viewsSydneyRs

Don't know a lot about this case but kind of agree. If he's not guilty of any crime then why should his employment prospects be affected.

The point about rich footballers being targets is a valid one too, although clearly they often do not help themselves. These kind of allegations may or may not be true, but trial by media tends to happen long before anything official and the mud sticks. Media should be banned from talking about these cases until they've been through the official process.

Knew a guy many years ago that got accused of rape, completely falsely. Nearly broke him. Case was eventually dropped but not before he'd been to hell and back.
Greenwood on 01:21 - Aug 22 with 6112 viewsBoston

Greenwood on 23:35 - Aug 21 by eastside_r

A shoo in for Saudi one would think.

He's from Bradford, so moving to Newcastle wouldn't be that big an issue.

Greenwood on 01:25 - Aug 22 with 6109 viewsBoston

Greenwood on 01:48 - Aug 22 with 6087 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Greenwood on 01:09 - Aug 22 by SydneyRs

Don't know a lot about this case but kind of agree. If he's not guilty of any crime then why should his employment prospects be affected.

The point about rich footballers being targets is a valid one too, although clearly they often do not help themselves. These kind of allegations may or may not be true, but trial by media tends to happen long before anything official and the mud sticks. Media should be banned from talking about these cases until they've been through the official process.

Knew a guy many years ago that got accused of rape, completely falsely. Nearly broke him. Case was eventually dropped but not before he'd been to hell and back.

Indeed. I know of such cases too. The men concerned are broken and destitute because despite their innocence, allegations stick.

Mason's case, involving money, sex, abuse and celebrity, has all the makings of a good drama for the media. However, it comes with a significant plot twist that appears lost on many. Mason is innocent of the charges levied against him.
Greenwood on 06:45 - Aug 22 with 5906 viewshoops_legend

Greenwood on 01:48 - Aug 22 by Benny_the_Ball

Indeed. I know of such cases too. The men concerned are broken and destitute because despite their innocence, allegations stick.

Mason's case, involving money, sex, abuse and celebrity, has all the makings of a good drama for the media. However, it comes with a significant plot twist that appears lost on many. Mason is innocent of the charges levied against him.

While she hasn’t been found guilty - He’s not 100% innocent though is he

There is a clear video and audio evidence that he was abusing this girl. Now having said that the same girl has taken him back and is having his baby so she clearly still likes him or at least likes what he represents but is she just a very naive person who has no idea what’s right for herself??

This is why I started the thread because clearly it’s a grey area here as he has not been officially charged and even his partner has forgiven him..
Greenwood on 06:46 - Aug 22 with 5899 viewsvanrrrr

To be clear he was not found innocent, charges were dropped as the witness decided not to give evidence.
Greenwood on 06:50 - Aug 22 with 5897 viewsHunterhoop

Have you heard the recording?

The case was dropped because witnesses decided they would no longer come forward including, I think, the victim, who now doesn’t want to press charges I read somewhere.

Could be because nothing happened and it was all a witch hunt.

Could be because of other reasons. How do we know this wasn’t an official out of court settlement?

But he’s not been found “innocent” in a court of law here. Let’s be clear. There is a big difference. The case has been dropped because they don’t have enough witnesses and therefore evidence to get the CPS to proceed. It doesn’t mean he didn’t do these things…just that they can’t prove it. That happens with a lot of domestic abuse and rape cases because of the nature of them (crimes happening in private with just the victim present). To assume every accused is indeed innocent because charges were pressed and they weren’t found guilty is folly.

Regardless of all this, you only have to listen to the original recording to think this guy is wrong ‘un, even if he didn’t do what he was originally charged with.
Greenwood on 06:56 - Aug 22 with 5876 viewsNorthernr

No a thousand times over.

His 'second chance' is not being in prison.
Greenwood on 07:06 - Aug 22 with 5823 viewsSuperhoops2808

I assume you are aware of the reason why police refused to drop the case, as do most police forces.

And also, one of the things he was accused of is controlling and coercive behaviour which had been going on for several years. The very definition of this could suggest that the victim felt she had no to choice but to drop the allegations.

Without a victim, the case would always be difficult to be proven. I expect his day will come again because there is rarely no smoke without fire.
Greenwood on 07:50 - Aug 22 with 5674 viewsLandshark

Are you kidding me??? Did you not hear the audio recordings? Did you not see the pictures of the woman bruised and bleeding?

Get the f out of here with your innocent until proven guilty.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024