Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans forum 7pm tonight 18:13 - Sep 18 with 10844 viewshubble

live feed:

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 19:17 - Sep 18 with 4854 viewsdaveB

Its started with questions for Amit and Rueben along lines of why dont you go to more games, why do are you still here

Amit said he goes to as many games as he can when in the country but doesn't always sit in the stand as he has his kids with him.

Ruben said his investment is for a love of the club and he wants to leave the club in a better place than he found it, they both acknowledge that things not great at the moment but that is their aim. Amit been here for 17 years now and has a deep love for the club

On investment they are open to investment if it helps the club and takes it forward, is not about selling the club but always open to looking at ways to improve
If Elon Musk wanted to buy us tomorrow he couldn't spend his millions due to ffp

Lee Hoos asked what plans would be if owners stopped funding, he said we'd be insolvent but thankfully that won't be happening

Fernandes shares were bought by Richard Reilly, Amit and Ruben

Linford Christie stadium very unlikely, other stadium sites are too far away, in talks with council about redeveloping loftus Road but sounded like very early in that process

Ainsworth said some good player's in development squads, a few will get minutes this season.

Possible signing on a free but wouldn't go into details though
Wants goals shared around the team

On the fitness plan, new fitness fella came up and said looking at individual fitness, how strong they are etc and they planned their pre season around this. Focus was what caused injuries which they felt was a rapid increase in loading either too much training and not being ready for matches, felt they wanted to make players robust first and then build fitness over first 4-6 games.
Numbers wise 91% of players avaliable in August which is pretty good.
Was all science based basically

Ainsworth not giving away injury news, will tell fans about long term ones but not short term

Hoos on pitch said pitch had 10 year lifespan and drought last year meant we had to change it, began planning this time last year. At the time playoffs were a possibility so decided to do them after playoffs. Obviously got nowhere near them so look stupid but had to make that call early. Requested for first game to be away but league didn't allow it

On DOF looking at bringing someone in, title tbc but will be a senior role. They want someone to come in and process is ongoing. Amit feels its an important appointment so want to get it right

Few bits about sound issues with speakers and price of food and drink, nothing new there really

On Training ground looking at ways to bring in revenue, Australian national team will be using it when they play England, Paddy Power using it on Friday and looking for lots more

Question about earlier midweek kick offs, said will speak to the EFL about it but didn't sound like it would change

Questions from the floor
On Moving to a Cat 1 academy. Ruben said not much difference at the moment in terms of games. Said players didn't go due to cat 1 it was due to them being bigger clubs so although might get more compensation the cost of it would be a lot and kids still likely to go if Spurs or Arsenal come in for them

on Taylor Richards - why sign him when struggling for money
Hoos said manager at the time wanted to buy him but was tight for Profit and Sustainability rules so they put it back a year .

Ainsworth said on Richards he had a tough year last year and has not played much at this level before, had a few issues with him pre season but getting him fit now, have told him he needs to be fitter to get in the team. He's a good kid who has been through a lot and will come good

On Player sales and Sky money that money went towards us being able to sign players this summer

Ruben said he has unfinished business at QPR, wants us to be sustainable, club needs to sell someone every year to be sustainable, at the moment have to put in £13million a year to keep going and wants to be in a position where that is no longer the case. Fact we don't pay rent on training ground is helpful and goes towards being sustainable. Need to also develop players and be able to sell them on, Long term goal is to be sustainable.

Amit on reflection in the summer, he said last season was crazy and was very stressful in how it all went, was his hardest season at the club. Still requires for everyone to look at themselves and understand why it happened and how to make sure we learn from it. On things they did he looked at every function the club performs from board, to execs to medics etc Every area is under review and trying to make every area better.
We have 4 revenue streams, tv money, transfers, sponsorship and fans. Need to do everything better and enhance those revenue streams.

Hoos said last year we were 11th in salary and 11th in revenue, this year salary has dropped a lot lower in the league

On Player recruitment, they do use data but clubs like Brighton and Brentford have data no other clubs have due to their owners. Signings are doner with a combination of data, scouting, input from manager and a look at their background/personality

[Post edited 18 Sep 2023 20:58]
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 19:33 - Sep 18 with 4768 viewsLanhoop

Ben Williams is impressive.
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 19:47 - Sep 18 with 4696 viewsBushRanger82

Sounds like every other fans forum there's ever been.
Complete waste of time.
Queen's Park Rangers have been around since 1886.
We have won only one major honour in all that time.

Can somebody ask them whether the club will start working towards dignifying what is a truly shite honours list?
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 19:57 - Sep 18 with 4620 viewsJuzzie

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 19:47 - Sep 18 by BushRanger82

Complete waste of time.

Can somebody ask them whether the club will start working towards dignifying what is a truly shite honours list?

Plenty have done far worse than us and never won a major trophy or even got to a final.
For example, 23 clubs have won the League Cup.
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 19:59 - Sep 18 with 4604 viewsMalintabuk

I would be more than happy with a home win Bush and to build on that.
One win in 11 months at home is an horrendous stat. I genuinely asked has there ever been a worse run in professional leagues?
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 20:03 - Sep 18 with 4557 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Complete waste of time.

Did you overlook the 1967 League Cup, which sits proudly alongside the Ibiza Cup?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 20:09 - Sep 18 with 4517 viewsconnell10

Ruben basically said we won't be leaving Loftus Road they want to develop it , with the councils support. Did I hear this right ?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 20:14 - Sep 18 with 4469 viewsdmm

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 20:09 - Sep 18 by connell10

Ruben basically said we won't be leaving Loftus Road they want to develop it , with the councils support. Did I hear this right ?

That's how I understood it.
Login to get fewer ads

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 20:14 - Sep 18 with 4464 viewsdaveB

yeah thats what he said
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 20:20 - Sep 18 with 4400 viewsconnell10

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 20:14 - Sep 18 by daveB

yeah thats what he said

Well that's a bombshell , I'm pretty happy with that !

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 20:34 - Sep 18 with 4284 viewsLblock

Complete waste of time.

1967 League Cup
Divisional Champions
Play Off Winners

I’ll settle for that so far

(Ibiza Cup as a bonus)

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 20:46 - Sep 18 with 4187 viewsTK1

The news about the stadium was a genuine bit of big news. Both Amit and RG said separately that they've been talking with the council for a couple of years about redeveloping the ground and that they'll announce something when they're a bit closer. But sounded to me like that's it for the ground. It's Loftus Road, and it'll be redeveloped. They literally said "we're not looking for another site". Neither seemed disappointed about that either - so it's obviously something interesting.
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 20:50 - Sep 18 with 4132 viewsJuzzie

Digging down it is then….
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 20:51 - Sep 18 with 4107 viewsstevec

They’re going to put a roof on and strap an extra 5000 fans to it.
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 20:54 - Sep 18 with 4088 viewsFrankRightguard

They’re going to do away with the Paddocks and first 8 rows of the Stanley Bowles in the hope Begovic can keep a goal kick in play.
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 20:55 - Sep 18 with 4080 viewsMick_S

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 20:14 - Sep 18 by daveB

yeah thats what he said

Dave, lots going on I’m sure, but what was the reaction to that? That’s big news.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 20:55 - Sep 18 with 4073 viewsted_hendrix

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 20:20 - Sep 18 by connell10

Well that's a bombshell , I'm pretty happy with that !

That's It now a zillion threads to follow on the subject of 'digging down' 'digging up' 'moving the lower loft towards Pimlico' 'lack of parking' 'the club shop Is shit and the tills don't work' 'I'm never going again' 'the new pricing Is all wrong and I can't sit with my best mate anymore' 'we still need a 20 goal a season striker' 'there's a big structual column right In front of my seat' 'the leg room Is terrible' 'my pie was cold'

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 20:56 - Sep 18 with 4055 viewsTK1

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 20:50 - Sep 18 by Juzzie

Digging down it is then….

RG specifically said it wasn't about increasing the number of seats, but increasing the number of days the stadium is used a year because "having a five acre site in London only used 25 days a year is criminal."
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 20:58 - Sep 18 with 4034 viewsMick_S

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 20:55 - Sep 18 by ted_hendrix

That's It now a zillion threads to follow on the subject of 'digging down' 'digging up' 'moving the lower loft towards Pimlico' 'lack of parking' 'the club shop Is shit and the tills don't work' 'I'm never going again' 'the new pricing Is all wrong and I can't sit with my best mate anymore' 'we still need a 20 goal a season striker' 'there's a big structual column right In front of my seat' 'the leg room Is terrible' 'my pie was cold'

There is that, to be fair. I’ve exorcised my front room, as you know, so we could be ok.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 20:59 - Sep 18 with 4010 viewsdmm

That was one of the better fans' forums I've witnessed. No stupid questions and some interesting information divulged such as the proposed redevelopment of the ground.

Oh and on the ground issue, the work won't increase seats but to make LR a more usable asset to bring in revenue.
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 21:00 - Sep 18 with 4003 viewsFrankRightguard

Wasn’t there a rumour knocking about a few months ago that the school might be up for grabs again as they need to move to bigger premises? If that site could be bought you wouldn’t necessarily have to bring it into the stadium but could potentially have a separate offices/hospitality building for pre/post game, weddings etc
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 21:06 - Sep 18 with 3934 viewsconnell10

As Ruben said we don't fill the stadium now , so it's not about seats .

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 21:09 - Sep 18 with 3911 viewsG_Ottershaw

definitely alot better than some of the events i've actually attended in the past. thought their answers were very honest. club's definitely in a difficult position which will take time to rectify, but i feel more confident having heard their input.
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 21:14 - Sep 18 with 3866 viewsdaveB

thought best question was about the gps used for fitness with one of the fans asking if they can put the postcode for the goal at the loft end in so they might score one
Fans forum 7pm tonight on 21:22 - Sep 18 with 3755 viewsChrisNW6

Fans forum 7pm tonight on 20:56 - Sep 18 by TK1

RG specifically said it wasn't about increasing the number of seats, but increasing the number of days the stadium is used a year because "having a five acre site in London only used 25 days a year is criminal."

Retractable roof?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024