Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liverpool’s disallowed goal. 15:51 - Oct 3 with 4755 viewsSnipper

Non QPR, but still football related.

What’s your opinion about the disallowed Liverpool goal vs Tottenham last Saturday?

I’ve seen and heard loads about it, and it’s been a clusterfúck from the beginning.

I don’t for one minute think that the VAR & assistant VAR thought the goal had been given. Unless they’re absolute idiots, there’s no way that they didn’t know play had restarted with a Tottenham free kick halfway in their own half.

Liverpool have also handled it badly. They’ve stopped short of actually asking for the match to be replayed, but are asking for it if you read between the lines.

Of course, if the bloody linesman had kept his flag down in the first place, this wouldn’t have happened.

Saying all this, it’s actually funny that it’s happened to Liverpool.
Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 19:11 - Oct 3 with 1490 viewsJuzzie

Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 18:42 - Oct 3 by aston_hoop

The audio is dreadful, properly shows up the whole process. If you're going to have these processes, how can they end up with this?

That is atrocious. Billions and billions of pounds poured into the game and we get that???!!
Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 19:26 - Oct 3 with 1422 viewsPaddyhoops

Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 17:51 - Oct 3 by Antti_Heinola

Klopp is one of the nastiest pieces of work I've ever seen in football. An absolute, Grade A pr!ck. Ask him slightly the wrong thing and he goes mental. Sorry if you don't like the questions mate, but that's your job - the reason you're paid millions of pounds is because everyone watches this league on the telly. So have some grace in defeat and a bit more class in victory, or go manage in a league no one watches where you can just talk to a fawning in-house journalist.

You may be right but Niel Warnock was along the same lines as Klopp.
Not many of us complaining when he stood his corner for us!
Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 19:52 - Oct 3 with 1363 viewsngbqpr

I genuinely thought that audio was a spoof - until I saw it printed out verbatim on the BBC website.

Offside, like goal line technology, should be one area of VAR where there is no room for human error. But they found a way...unbelievable at this level of sport.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 20:11 - Oct 3 with 1320 viewsGaryBannister86

Although I wholeheartedly agree that any decision against Liverpool is a good thing, I detest VAR and its whole concept.

It actively seeks to disallow goals, the whole point of football. The people running it are as incompetent as every referee you ever see. I am sure they will be just as biased towards the high profile teams and managers as they ever were anyway.

I can't face the thought that (ho ho) we could score a last minute winner in a crucial FA Cup semi final or something then 15 minutes later it would be chalked off because Sinclair's left buttock is 5mm offside on some incomprehensible line.
Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 21:56 - Oct 3 with 1148 viewsWirralHoop

Spare me a moments sympathy please.

I work in The Liver Building.
Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 22:22 - Oct 3 with 1089 viewsBluce_Ree

It was a shit decision but Liverpool can fk off with this incessant whining. It's very in keeping with a group of fans who are, by some considerable margin, the worst in football.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 22:28 - Oct 3 with 1070 viewsNorthernr

Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 22:22 - Oct 3 by Bluce_Ree

It was a shit decision but Liverpool can fk off with this incessant whining. It's very in keeping with a group of fans who are, by some considerable margin, the worst in football.

I don't remember Wolves getting an FA Cup replay last year after VAR fcked their terrific performance at Anfield because they couldn't zoom out to a wide enough angle.
Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 23:16 - Oct 3 with 964 viewsHunterhoop

Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 19:11 - Oct 3 by Juzzie

That is atrocious. Billions and billions of pounds poured into the game and we get that???!!

Proper lower management/supervisor sh*t whilst the boss went out for a fag.

Utter clowns.

You’ll be terrified to know what these chaps are getting paid.

Put Liverpool aside for a second, if you brush this under the carpet or make it out to be nowt, you’re setting the game up for a cluster f*ck.

The only way you maintain standards is to have some in the first place. Sadly, sack everyone for gross misconduct and start again. The law protects that. If it happens again, at least twice, bin VAR because the refs can’t manage it.
Login to get fewer ads

Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 23:19 - Oct 3 with 962 viewsHAYESBOY

VAR isn't the problem. Its the wet wipes who sit behind the chairs.

The whole reason we can see it was a gross mistake is because of the video replay.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 00:03 - Oct 4 with 917 viewsJuzzie

Maybe I’m old/old school but I think it may help if they talk a bit more professionally. Might help with the mindset.

Mate
Mate
Mate
Mate
Boys
Daz

All cosy bantz then it went downhill rapidly as they realised and panicked.

“I can’t do anything”
“I can’t do anything”

Rabbit in the headlights.

[Post edited 4 Oct 2023 0:31]
Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 00:54 - Oct 4 with 873 viewsHoopsie

"I can't do anything"

Why can't he? Why can't they?

There are many instances where goal scored, players went on celebration for half the field, then goal disallowed. Then, some, with a long delay and played on, game stopped to give a finger nail hand ball for a penalty.

Why can't he stop play when that fella kept asking him to delay, delay, delay? No a whole minute has passed checking anyways (the video was less than 2 minutes, including afterwards the chap kept saying "you happy with that" "it was onside"

We have seen many times play has resumed and they stopped it to give a penalty, a goal or deny a goal

ridiculous

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 01:13 - Oct 4 with 863 viewsbob566

Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 22:28 - Oct 3 by Northernr

I don't remember Wolves getting an FA Cup replay last year after VAR fcked their terrific performance at Anfield because they couldn't zoom out to a wide enough angle.

Kevin Doyle was making the same point on irish TV tonight. Didn't see it myself but he was saying wissa was cleared out by forest keeper but var failed that but nobody is talking about it.
Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 01:30 - Oct 4 with 839 viewsSydneyRs

Maradona's handball goal from 1986 has just been disallowed and now we get to play the rest of the game without having to worry about him!
Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 04:37 - Oct 4 with 781 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Its the 2020s and despite spending God knows how much for a system that requires more people involved in the process to decide an offside then fly a plane, we are still no better off than a Russian linesman waving a flag!

As a separate aside to the issue of enjoying the angst this is causing Liverpool fans, I'm also enjoying the hash ETH is making 35 miles down the M62 at United.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 06:32 - Oct 4 with 719 viewsNorthernr

Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 00:03 - Oct 4 by Juzzie

Maybe I’m old/old school but I think it may help if they talk a bit more professionally. Might help with the mindset.

Mate
Mate
Mate
Mate
Boys
Daz

All cosy bantz then it went downhill rapidly as they realised and panicked.

“I can’t do anything”
“I can’t do anything”

Rabbit in the headlights.

[Post edited 4 Oct 2023 0:31]

Absolutely agree. And particularly stark given Mike Dean admitted a few weeks ago that he'd been VAR for his mate "Tayls" and didn't want to bring him across to the screen for an incident basically because he'd had a hard day and he didn't want to make it more difficult for him.

Again, the only one in the whole thing sounding professional is the IT lad, who's not bothered about being their fcking mate.
Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 07:28 - Oct 4 with 657 viewsGaryBannister86

Liverpool’s disallowed goal. on 01:30 - Oct 4 by SydneyRs

Maradona's handball goal from 1986 has just been disallowed and now we get to play the rest of the game without having to worry about him!

Just looked at our team for the 86 quarter final. Incredible that 4 of the starting 11 and 2 of the 5 subs, so 6 of the 16 involved in some way either played or ended up playing for QPR.

Fenwick
Sansom
Reid
Hodge

Woods
Wilkins

Imagine that now!
[Post edited 4 Oct 2023 7:29]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024