Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tube stations Quiz 18:57 - Oct 23 with 10518 viewsNorthernr

Let's be having you then...

79%

https://london.metro-memory.com/

This post has been edited by an administrator
Tube stations Quiz on 15:03 - Oct 24 with 1594 viewsqprxtc

I have had a look at this and have no idea what’s going on. Typed in Shepherds Bush and both stations came up. Ditto Goldhawk Road. They’re where they should be.

I know I’m doing something wrong. I’m going back to watching Play School on YouTube.
Tube stations Quiz on 15:08 - Oct 24 with 1580 viewsNorthernr

Tube stations Quiz on 15:02 - Oct 24 by NewBee

What is the link between South Ealing and Mansion House tube stations?

Vowels.
Tube stations Quiz on 15:29 - Oct 24 with 1543 viewskensalriser

It looks like all the lines under the TfL wing, so none of the suburban national rail stations, are included, eg some of our favourites like South Bermondsey. I must have tried dozens of those in vain.

DLR, the eastern part of the district line and all that overground north of Tottenham has ground me to a near halt. Plus quite a few stations on the Elizabeth Line towards Reading. Still haven't been on the Elizabeth Line, it seems entirely pointless to me.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Tube stations Quiz on 15:36 - Oct 24 with 1538 viewsNorthernr

Tube stations Quiz on 15:29 - Oct 24 by kensalriser

It looks like all the lines under the TfL wing, so none of the suburban national rail stations, are included, eg some of our favourites like South Bermondsey. I must have tried dozens of those in vain.

DLR, the eastern part of the district line and all that overground north of Tottenham has ground me to a near halt. Plus quite a few stations on the Elizabeth Line towards Reading. Still haven't been on the Elizabeth Line, it seems entirely pointless to me.

It's cut the journey time from my office to The Crown from 1hr 20ish to 45 mins. I'd have chipped in a billion myself if they'd pitched it as that.
Tube stations Quiz on 15:41 - Oct 24 with 1524 viewsNewBee

Tube stations Quiz on 15:08 - Oct 24 by Northernr

Vowels.

Yep.

Another trivia ("trivium"?) - London Bridge is the only station on the entire London tube map with "London" in its name.
Tube stations Quiz on 16:59 - Oct 24 with 1476 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Tube stations Quiz on 15:29 - Oct 24 by kensalriser

DLR and Elizabeth line have private operators but rent from TfL.
Tube stations Quiz on 17:17 - Oct 24 with 1453 viewsjoe90

Tube stations Quiz on 15:41 - Oct 24 by NewBee

Yep.

Another trivia ("trivium"?) - London Bridge is the only station on the entire London tube map with "London" in its name.

London City Airport?

On a separate note, is this the most revealing thread about LFW users? Do we all have a trainspotter sensibility?
[Post edited 24 Oct 2023 17:21]
Tube stations Quiz on 23:21 - Oct 24 with 1334 viewsNewBee

Tube stations Quiz on 17:17 - Oct 24 by joe90

London City Airport?

On a separate note, is this the most revealing thread about LFW users? Do we all have a trainspotter sensibility?
[Post edited 24 Oct 2023 17:21]

London City Airport is a DLR station, not a Tube station
Login to get fewer ads

Tube stations Quiz on 23:30 - Oct 24 with 1320 viewsloftboy

Tube stations Quiz on 23:21 - Oct 24 by NewBee

The quiz includes the DLR

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Tube stations Quiz on 23:58 - Oct 24 with 1302 viewsA40Bosh

Tube stations Quiz on 23:30 - Oct 24 by loftboy

The quiz includes the DLR

FXXK Sake Whittingham!!!

I started this when I spotted it after the final whistle and was supposed to be getting an early night for a day of decorating again tomorrow!

62% and calling it a night.

Wasted time on stations I should know in my sleep but clearly not after 2 thirds of a bottle of red and the stress of watching the game tonight.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Tube stations Quiz on 00:00 - Oct 25 with 1300 viewsjoe90

Tube stations Quiz on 23:21 - Oct 24 by NewBee

You said London Bridge is the only station on the entire tube map with ‘London’ in the name. London City Airport is on the tube map. You can also include ‘London Fields’.

https://content.tfl.gov.uk/standard-tube-map.pdf
[Post edited 25 Oct 2023 0:05]
Tube stations Quiz on 08:28 - Oct 25 with 1212 viewsSuffolkHoop

Epping has the largest car park. FACT.
Tube stations Quiz on 15:44 - Oct 25 with 1151 viewsdsw2509

I got 93%, but I am a railway anorak.

Missed: quite a bit of the DLR, the two stops after Woodford on the central line and some odds and sods on the Gospel Oak to Barking line. I’ve never been on it!

Great quiz though.
Tube stations Quiz on 16:14 - Oct 25 with 1120 viewseastside_r

Tube stations Quiz on 15:44 - Oct 25 by dsw2509

I got 93%, but I am a railway anorak.

Missed: quite a bit of the DLR, the two stops after Woodford on the central line and some odds and sods on the Gospel Oak to Barking line. I’ve never been on it!

Great quiz though.

I too am a bit of a tube anorak but I can’t be bothered to spend time on this.

I further note, that we have on this board a poster who wrote what I consider to be the definitive book about the London Underground and he has not jumped on this thread.

The Goblin is a great little line btw but not strictly ‘the Tube’.
Tube stations Quiz on 16:45 - Oct 25 with 1085 viewshubble

Tube stations Quiz on 08:28 - Oct 25 by SuffolkHoop

Epping has the largest car park. FACT.

So big they renamed it Epping Forest.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Tube stations Quiz on 17:20 - Oct 25 with 1074 viewsstowmarketrange

I’ve struggled up to 77.9% and I’m thinking of calling it quits.The brain is hurting and I keep trtrying the same ones constantly.
Tube stations Quiz on 18:14 - Oct 25 with 1047 viewsderbyhoop

Been away from London for too long to get a big score.
No problem with Central Linr from W Ruislip to liverpool st, but outside W London I was struggling.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Tube stations Quiz on 18:52 - Oct 25 with 1027 viewsSteveB

Ruined my life....

3 days in, 263 Stations, 45%. We go again (tomorrow)....
Tube stations Quiz on 19:27 - Oct 25 with 999 viewsHastings_Hoops

Tube stations Quiz on 21:59 - Oct 23 by joe90

I’m on 71.4% and I don’t think I can go much further! Started off with the ones south of the river which took me up to 3% then worked my central then out.

There’s on station that’s absolutely doing my nut in, between Blackfriars and Cannon Street, can’t believe I don’t know it! I’m trying my hardest not to look it up!

I got stuck on this one
Tube stations Quiz on 19:33 - Oct 25 with 991 viewskensalriser

One of those kick yourself ones when you get it. Think buildings...

I've declared on 90% now.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Tube stations Quiz on 19:37 - Oct 25 with 991 viewsPindarus

The DLR and it's piddly little stations are the real killers, also the overground. Thanks for putting it up though. What happened to Old Oak Common? Did they demolish it?
Tube stations Quiz on 19:54 - Oct 25 with 971 viewsBoston

Tube stations Quiz on 00:00 - Oct 25 by joe90

You said London Bridge is the only station on the entire tube map with ‘London’ in the name. London City Airport is on the tube map. You can also include ‘London Fields’.

https://content.tfl.gov.uk/standard-tube-map.pdf
[Post edited 25 Oct 2023 0:05]

...and Caledonian Road.

Think about it.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Tube stations Quiz on 21:32 - Oct 25 with 928 viewsDTIG

Anyone who gets more than 55.3% is a liar, a googler, or a tube driver!!
That's where we gave up!
[Post edited 25 Oct 2023 21:46]
Tube stations Quiz on 10:32 - Oct 26 with 840 viewsQPunkR

Up to 66.2% after returning to this on and off the past couple of days. This is the biggest time killer I've seen in ages!

QPR - "shit but local"

Tube stations Quiz on 11:07 - Oct 26 with 822 viewsSonofpugwash

What about the London Post Office Railway?I remember Mount Pleasant and Whitechapel....
Alas poor Ongar.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2023 11:10]

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024