Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? 17:08 - Oct 25 with 8647 viewsWestonsuperR

I really didn’t want Ainsworth for a number of reasons which makes his failure even more frustrating for me. It seemed like at the time there was quite a lot that agreed with the GA appointment, anyone honest enough to admit they wanted him? It’s time to man-up and repent!?
I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 17:11 - Oct 25 with 5955 viewskingsburyR

It was a no from me from day zip!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 17:14 - Oct 25 with 5924 viewsDraytonR

I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 17:11 - Oct 25 by kingsburyR

It was a no from me from day zip!

I didn't want him for the exactly the reasons whats happening now . He was a fantastic player for us and this is not how he should be remembered .
I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 17:19 - Oct 25 with 5890 viewskingsburyR

Both Ferdinand and Ainsworth's legacies at our club are now tainted.

I don't get the old boys club mentality.

Can we not look at the lower leagues for a progressive manager who can work on a shoe string but inspire the players.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 17:31 - Oct 25 with 5829 viewsPaddyhoops

Not really. I predicted he’d probably be gone by October .
Results haven’t picked up and the football has been pretty much what we thought it might be.Dire.
Never going to end well. Another cult hero destroyed.
I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 17:47 - Oct 25 with 5731 viewsRs_Holy

yep... I guess Warbs Warburton was our Alan Curbishley
I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 17:57 - Oct 25 with 5700 viewsWestonsuperR

I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 17:47 - Oct 25 by Rs_Holy

I always felt Warbs added a level of calmness and stability and the league finishing positions speak for themselves, highly frustrating that so many wanted him out for a poor run based mainly on injuries.
I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 18:13 - Oct 25 with 5663 viewsloftboy

Having just seen the photo of Gaz when he first joined compared to now I’m seriously concerned for his health! Would probably take a load off his shoulders to relieve him of his duties.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 18:21 - Oct 25 with 5630 viewsplasmahoop

I thought he'd do OK, was happy enough to have him as manager. I think he deserves a bit more respect for what he did over a ten year period at Wycombe, and there's no way they were as bad as we are now. My image of them was that they were a bit agricultural, but really battled hard and were difficult to play against. Whereas we are clearly useless.
But as has been said the problems run deeper, it's not entirely his fault, but we have to be better than we are and hard to beat as a minimum requirement. So he's got to go, but those making the decisions should be analysing deeper than me in their managerial appointments.
It's all just very sad
Login to get fewer ads

I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 18:38 - Oct 25 with 5575 viewsLblock

Well apparently the answer to your question is “Amit did”

I’ve said I’ll never slag the man off and I won’t as I don’t think the lions share of this is his fault.
He’s the right man at the wrong time.
What he should’ve done is waited until the full implosion has occurred, Admin out of the way and then joined in League One or Two to “do an Ollie” with the place from the ashes left over.

GA talks about our club with nothing but love so I find it impossible to beat in him. It’s those who appoint and do what the call laughingly ridiculous mining the place who need our chargrin

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 18:43 - Oct 25 with 5555 viewsdenhamhoop2

I didn't want him for 2 main reasons the first being I remember my Childhood hero Gary Waddock and what happened to him as Manager and didn't want the same happening again, Secondly just didn't think his way of playing suited the players we've got and I've yet to be convinced otherwise
I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 18:46 - Oct 25 with 5524 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I thought it was crazy to appoint - and then fire - Critchley in such short time, particularly as he had the same wastrels at his disposal that are still stinking the place out. To then panic and replace him with a dinosaur like Ainsworth is the kind of decision only spoilt little billionaires make.

I remember sitting there during the Birmingham home game last season being completely bewildered by what we were trying to do...and here we are.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2023 18:47]
I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 19:10 - Oct 25 with 5456 viewsE15Hoop

I'm happy to own up and openly admit that I was happy with the Ainsworth appointment, as was obvious from my many throughout the early part of this year, especially after the Burnley and Stoke results last year.

Reasons being all those that we've debated repeatedly over the last however many months its been now, but largely because I genuinely believed that his passion and love for the club would enthuse the players.

I also believed that Dobbo's passion for emotional intelligence and its impact on players, rubber-stamped by testimonials from players like Kadeem Harris, Jordon Ibe and Matt Phillips (formerly of this parish) would transform the squad so that we would at least be comfortably positioned in our beloved 16th place.

At the very least, I thought we'd use a tactical formation that was pragmatic, based on common sense, including playing our best players in the positions that they play best in, and, like everyone else, I'm lost for words as to why GA seems determined to write himself a tactical suicide note for every match that passes us by. I genuinely have no idea how he comes up with half this stuff, and then is surprised when it blows up in his face, as, it would appear, are the players themselves.

However, let's not forget that the rot had set in even over the last half of the Warbler's last season, so, as many posters have reminded us, the fault for all of this mess does not lie solely with Ainsworth. Could he have helped himself (and us) a lot more by making some simple and blatantly obvious changes that even those of us not blessed with a host of UEFA coaching badges could spot from outer space? Hell yes..
I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 19:17 - Oct 25 with 5413 viewsRangersw12

I didn't mind the appointment as I just wanted a manger I liked after the Critchley debacle who if anyone heard him speak could tell he wasn't the right appointment for us .

Problem with Ainsworth was he should have gone in the summer as he's basically fcked us this season . You could see that last season his football was atrocious and the Bristol game should have been the final straw
I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 19:21 - Oct 25 with 5394 viewsFrankRightguard

Having seen a lot of Wycombe I wouldn’t have touched him with a barge pole.
I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 19:36 - Oct 25 with 5337 viewskensalriser

All entirely predictable and indeed predicted by quite a few of us at the time.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 19:39 - Oct 25 with 5329 viewsPindarus

I was not in favour at the time and the ludicrous Haka episode confirmed it.
I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 20:01 - Oct 25 with 5247 viewsessextaxiboy

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/295106/official!/
I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 20:14 - Oct 25 with 5201 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Nailed my thoughts of Ainsworth to the mast very early, saying it was going to be a massive mistake. Got shot down by several people on here, but surprise surprise here we are.

Should never of been appointed. At least everyone can see the anti football that I was warned about by laughing Wimbledon fans when he joined us.
I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 20:14 - Oct 25 with 5196 viewspaulparker

I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 17:47 - Oct 25 by Rs_Holy

No he wasn’t at all , Curbs actually achieved something with Charlton like a promotion
The rot started under him and he blew what budget we had on a load of wasters , with the attacking talent he had here during his time he got nowhere near the play offs
It’s rather telling no championship club has come in for the reincarnation of Terry Venables since he left and West Ham moved him on after a year

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 20:31 - Oct 25 with 5159 viewsMatch82

I did. I didn't think we'd be playing good football and I didn't think we'd be particularly successful. But I did think that it would go some way to cutting out the rotting sore that has infested the club in terms of attitude, togetherness and approach. The fact that hasn't happened is a bit of a shock to me.
I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 20:53 - Oct 25 with 5083 viewscorse

I didnt.Totally wrong choice. Very poor manger whose style of football is from the start of 1950s. Long ball to no one....
Would have kept Critchley at least till the end of last season. League one or not.
At least his footy was watchable and he had a clue what he was trying to do.
I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 20:56 - Oct 25 with 5062 viewsdavman

I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 19:10 - Oct 25 by E15Hoop

I'm happy to own up and openly admit that I was happy with the Ainsworth appointment, as was obvious from my many throughout the early part of this year, especially after the Burnley and Stoke results last year.

Reasons being all those that we've debated repeatedly over the last however many months its been now, but largely because I genuinely believed that his passion and love for the club would enthuse the players.

I also believed that Dobbo's passion for emotional intelligence and its impact on players, rubber-stamped by testimonials from players like Kadeem Harris, Jordon Ibe and Matt Phillips (formerly of this parish) would transform the squad so that we would at least be comfortably positioned in our beloved 16th place.

At the very least, I thought we'd use a tactical formation that was pragmatic, based on common sense, including playing our best players in the positions that they play best in, and, like everyone else, I'm lost for words as to why GA seems determined to write himself a tactical suicide note for every match that passes us by. I genuinely have no idea how he comes up with half this stuff, and then is surprised when it blows up in his face, as, it would appear, are the players themselves.

However, let's not forget that the rot had set in even over the last half of the Warbler's last season, so, as many posters have reminded us, the fault for all of this mess does not lie solely with Ainsworth. Could he have helped himself (and us) a lot more by making some simple and blatantly obvious changes that even those of us not blessed with a host of UEFA coaching badges could spot from outer space? Hell yes..

With you mate and whilst I knew we'd be saying bye to the nice pretty triangles, I thought it would be replaced with direct attacking, full bloodied football. But then I saw the summer recruitment and the collapse of Willock and Richards under Ainsworth. I thought that we'd get better at defending and attacking set pieces. I thought we'd get fitter.

None of those things. Not one. An utter shambles; a dead dressing room; the same old bunch of losers and on top of it all, we are killing two prospects in Armstrong and Kolli who should be nowhere near the first team in a Championship side; they should be at L1 and L2 clubs respectively plying their trade, coming back to us when they get to 40-50 games elsewhere.

The fact that he isn't even trying Chair and Willock in the same team is shocking. Let the back 7 defend with two of them breaking to support and then let them loose again. His way has not worked in any way shape or form. Dobbo was the great hope, but clearly talks a good game a little else.

GA needs to walk away for his health's sake - he is not looking good atm.

Crap all round.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 20:58 - Oct 25 with 5049 viewstraininvain

It was a poor appointment based on emotion and sentimental value. Fair play to those on here who’ve held their hands up and admitted they got it wrong.
I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? on 22:13 - Oct 25 with 4893 viewsdaveB

I had reservations but was pleased for him when he got the job and though it would be a bit like Holloways second spell, not very good but not disasterous either. Sadly I was wrong
I didn’t want Ainsworth….who did? (n/t) on 22:48 - Oct 25 with 4812 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

[Post edited 25 Oct 2023 22:52]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024