Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eze contract? 17:04 - Nov 2 with 11117 viewsnick_hammersmith

It’s sort of public knowledge that QPR would get a big percentage of any fee if Eze is sold.
But, does this get reset if he signs a new contract with Palace?
At the moment he could run his time down with them and leave on the cheap, so I can’t work out what’s best for the club

Obviously I think Eze can play at a higher level, but I’d hat to see him move to a basket case club like Man U or Chelsea and not play every week

Anyone know any details on how it works?
Eze contract? on 17:31 - Nov 2 with 6982 viewsdaveB

I doubt that changes if he signs a new deal
Eze contract? on 08:28 - Nov 3 with 6479 viewsswitchingcode

Eze contract? on 17:31 - Nov 2 by daveB

I doubt that changes if he signs a new deal

Could sign a new contract with a release clause that would keep the sell on fee active.
Eze contract? on 08:37 - Nov 3 with 6446 viewsLanhoop

Eze contract? on 08:28 - Nov 3 by switchingcode

Could sign a new contract with a release clause that would keep the sell on fee active.

No. That's a different contract. There are at least two contracts* in place, the player contract with employer and the sale contract between the clubs.

Palace are trying to offer a new player contract to retain services/increase value of Eze. It does not impact the sale contract which is where the sell-on fee and other add-ons are controlled.

*There may be others with agents etc.
Eze contract? on 08:38 - Nov 3 with 6438 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Eze contract? on 08:28 - Nov 3 by switchingcode

The existing clause between QPR and Palace remains regardless, so no need to continue the debate any further unless, it was time bound in some way.

Thus, it would appear there are only two issues to concern ourselves about:

1. If Eze left on a free, then we would get nada.

2. With that in mind and considering the large reputed buy-out clause in his new contract, and our need for cash, Palace and QPR could enter negotiations to sell the clause now.

Simply put: if he went now he might be worth say, £60m (we would get £12m) and if his new clause was for £100m and Palace stuck to it, then we would potentially get £20m down the road. Accordingly, the clubs could consider it better to sell the clause: QPR get money and they get it now, and Palace will ultimately pay less in the long run.

If it were me, I'd go to Palace and offer to sell the clause for £15m, and take anything north of £10m now.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2023 8:49]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Eze contract? on 08:46 - Nov 3 with 6417 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Eze contract? on 08:38 - Nov 3 by PlanetHonneywood

The existing clause between QPR and Palace remains regardless, so no need to continue the debate any further unless, it was time bound in some way.

2. With that in mind and considering the large reputed buy-out clause in his new contract, and our need for cash, Palace and QPR could enter negotiations to sell the clause now.

Simply put: if he went now he might be worth say, £60m (we would get £12m) and if his new clause was for £100m and Palace stuck to it, then we would potentially get £20m down the road. Accordingly, the clubs could consider it better to sell the clause: QPR get money and they get it now, and Palace will ultimately pay less in the long run.

If it were me, I'd go to Palace and offer to sell the clause for £15m, and take anything north of £10m now.

100% this.

Sell-on clauses are part of the sale contract, and are not linked to the player's contract.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Eze contract? on 08:49 - Nov 3 with 6400 viewsNorthernr

New Eze contract at Palace is good news for us. Eze leaving Palace on a free is baaaad.
Eze contract? on 09:30 - Nov 3 with 6284 viewsDejR_vu

Eze contract? on 08:38 - Nov 3 by PlanetHonneywood

Selling the the clause is a win-win for Palace and a lose-lose for QPR though. They’ll only agree to buy us out if they’re confident he’ll sign a new contract, so we’d be better off not selling. If they think he’s going to leave on a free, they’re not going to buy us out of the clause.

The only way I can see us selling the clause is if Palace know he’s going to sign a new contract and we’re absolutely desperate. Palace will know that and we’ll end up with buttons.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Eze contract? on 10:58 - Nov 3 with 6132 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Eze contract? on 09:30 - Nov 3 by DejR_vu

Selling the the clause is a win-win for Palace and a lose-lose for QPR though. They’ll only agree to buy us out if they’re confident he’ll sign a new contract, so we’d be better off not selling. If they think he’s going to leave on a free, they’re not going to buy us out of the clause.

The only way I can see us selling the clause is if Palace know he’s going to sign a new contract and we’re absolutely desperate. Palace will know that and we’ll end up with buttons.

Rangers' need for money now is more pressing I would suggest, then being able to sit back and wait two or so years.

If Palace want to low-ball us, then of course we walk away! But the strength of our position is the fact that we have a 20% sell-on clause regardless,on a player that Palace will seek big bucks for and our return rises accordingly. Agreed, our somewhat impoverished present being is a weakener, but that's the rub of the green.

However, if £10-12m were on the table now, I, and I suspect QPR, would not consider that as peanuts and it is often better to have a bird in the hand as opposed to none in the Shepherds Bush. This is especially so, as we are talking about an asset that is susceptible to the many footballing vicissitudes and one of those, is our Eberi has had some run ins with the physio!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

Eze contract? on 11:01 - Nov 3 with 6112 viewsGaryBannister86

Eze contract? on 10:58 - Nov 3 by PlanetHonneywood

Rangers' need for money now is more pressing I would suggest, then being able to sit back and wait two or so years.

If Palace want to low-ball us, then of course we walk away! But the strength of our position is the fact that we have a 20% sell-on clause regardless,on a player that Palace will seek big bucks for and our return rises accordingly. Agreed, our somewhat impoverished present being is a weakener, but that's the rub of the green.

However, if £10-12m were on the table now, I, and I suspect QPR, would not consider that as peanuts and it is often better to have a bird in the hand as opposed to none in the Shepherds Bush. This is especially so, as we are talking about an asset that is susceptible to the many footballing vicissitudes and one of those, is our Eberi has had some run ins with the physio!

It's a nice idea, but there is not a way in the world Palace would agree to make a payment on a contractual deal that may well never happen. It isn't certain that anyone will ever buy Eze from their point of view. What if he gets injured? Loses form? They not only lose their hoped-for value of the player in the future, but also lots of money paying off a clause that they may never have needed to pay anyway?

But - I hope I am wrong and you are right.
Eze contract? on 11:07 - Nov 3 with 6080 viewsLazyFan

Selling the clause would be great Business.

Palace will never do it as there is no need to spend £10m for a high-risk return that may never happen. The only way they would do that is if they were 100% sure Man City would buy for silly money. Seeing as City have pulled out of deal in the past, that will not happen.

City will wait as everyone will to see if Eze is back to form. Palace will not pay us £10m based upon a mere chance that City will spend silly monies.

However, a new contract for us is excellent as no doubt it will have in there a Luke Freeman-type clause that if someone bids mega monies like £80m, then Eze can talk to them.

If he goes in the summer for that, then we could have £16m. That's a decent amount for L1 club to spend.

I remember when Freeman went for £5m, and everyone was distraught, yet as we can see in the end, this was good business. BTW Freeman is available on a free :P

zzzzzzzzzz

Eze contract? on 11:27 - Nov 3 with 6008 viewsSydneyRs

Is there any precedent for selling a sell on clause in this way? I've never heard of it before.
Eze contract? on 11:45 - Nov 3 with 5946 viewsTW_R

I don’t know, but if we could get this done on Christmas Day it would be a great gift to the club and would forever be known as the Santa Clause.

I’ll get me coat!
Eze contract? on 11:59 - Nov 3 with 5889 viewsMatch82

Eze contract? on 11:27 - Nov 3 by SydneyRs

Is there any precedent for selling a sell on clause in this way? I've never heard of it before.

For what it's worth you can do it in football manager, so I assume a) it's legal and b) it must happen at least occasionally!
Eze contract? on 16:05 - Nov 3 with 5532 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Eze contract? on 08:49 - Nov 3 by Northernr

New Eze contract at Palace is good news for us. Eze leaving Palace on a free is baaaad.

No doubt but his current contract runs until 2025. If he doesn't sign an extension, Palace will look to sell in January or, at the latest, next summer, landing QPR some much needed funds sooner rather than later. Sure, if he signs an extension, QPR could potentially get more down the line but that's not guaranteed and we could certainly do with the money now. A bird in the hand and all that.

Either way, it would be somewhat ironic if just as the Eze money rolls off the FFP accounts, Eze money rolls back onto it.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2023 16:06]
Eze contract? on 16:11 - Nov 3 with 5513 viewsswitchingcode

Eze contract? on 11:27 - Nov 3 by SydneyRs

Brentford did with Rochdale for Scott Hogan and also for Tarkowski with Oldham to mainly help them with cash problems and obviously Brentford hoping to get good fees in the long term which they did.These clauses are not set in stone and are sometimes negotiated down when selling clubs are considering offers
Eze contract? on 16:21 - Nov 3 with 5472 viewsNorthernr

Eze contract? on 16:05 - Nov 3 by Benny_the_Ball

No doubt but his current contract runs until 2025. If he doesn't sign an extension, Palace will look to sell in January or, at the latest, next summer, landing QPR some much needed funds sooner rather than later. Sure, if he signs an extension, QPR could potentially get more down the line but that's not guaranteed and we could certainly do with the money now. A bird in the hand and all that.

Either way, it would be somewhat ironic if just as the Eze money rolls off the FFP accounts, Eze money rolls back onto it.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2023 16:06]

The suggestion from the Palace fans on our train last week is it's a repeat of what happened when he was with us i.e. he agrees to play ball on a new contract, they agree to sell when an offer comes in, so everybody wins.
Eze contract? on 16:36 - Nov 3 with 5412 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Eze contract? on 16:21 - Nov 3 by Northernr

The suggestion from the Palace fans on our train last week is it's a repeat of what happened when he was with us i.e. he agrees to play ball on a new contract, they agree to sell when an offer comes in, so everybody wins.

If that's the case, then a new contract would be very good news. However, in our current financial plight a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. We've seen first hand how important it is to cash in on assets whilst the iron's hot. Eze could sign an extension at Palace only for injuries, loss of form, etc. to ultimately rob QPR of much needed funds.

That being said, the opposite scenario comes with the risk of Eze running his contract down so your original point is true; signing a contract extension is preferable to Eze leaving on a free.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2023 16:40]
Eze contract? on 16:44 - Nov 3 with 5386 viewsChrisNW6

Has the % and also whether it's linked to transfer fee or just the profit been confirmed?

I have seen 25% mentioned before and the general consensus is it will be based on the transfer fee (and not profit)

Do we know for sure?
Eze contract? on 17:40 - Nov 3 with 5302 viewsQPRConor2000

Eze contract? on 16:44 - Nov 3 by ChrisNW6

Has the % and also whether it's linked to transfer fee or just the profit been confirmed?

I have seen 25% mentioned before and the general consensus is it will be based on the transfer fee (and not profit)

Do we know for sure?

Its 20% of the fee.

So if Eze goes for £100m, then we'd get £20m
Eze contract? on 11:00 - Nov 9 with 4867 viewskingsburyR

Looks like Eze will sign a new deal at Palace which is very good news for us (eventually)

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Eze contract? on 12:17 - Nov 9 with 4713 viewsed_83

Athletic reporting that he's signed:

https://theathletic.com/5044981/2023/11/09/eberechi-eze-crystal-palace-contract-
Eze contract? on 14:33 - Nov 9 with 4334 viewsRBlock

Eze contract? on 11:07 - Nov 3 by LazyFan

Selling the clause would be great Business.

Palace will never do it as there is no need to spend £10m for a high-risk return that may never happen. The only way they would do that is if they were 100% sure Man City would buy for silly money. Seeing as City have pulled out of deal in the past, that will not happen.

City will wait as everyone will to see if Eze is back to form. Palace will not pay us £10m based upon a mere chance that City will spend silly monies.

However, a new contract for us is excellent as no doubt it will have in there a Luke Freeman-type clause that if someone bids mega monies like £80m, then Eze can talk to them.

If he goes in the summer for that, then we could have £16m. That's a decent amount for L1 club to spend.

I remember when Freeman went for £5m, and everyone was distraught, yet as we can see in the end, this was good business. BTW Freeman is available on a free :P

I've got a pal who is a journo for ESPN and is usually pretty on the money with football bits. He's said that City are still interested and shelved their interest in the summer because the need wasn't immediate, but he's a long term target for them and he thinks they'll go back in for him.
Eze contract? on 14:41 - Nov 9 with 4313 viewsQPRConor2000

Eze contract? on 14:33 - Nov 9 by RBlock

I've got a pal who is a journo for ESPN and is usually pretty on the money with football bits. He's said that City are still interested and shelved their interest in the summer because the need wasn't immediate, but he's a long term target for them and he thinks they'll go back in for him.

Apparently there is a release clause in his new contract, which I would assume would be at least 100m. which would mean that if he was sold for that amount, we'd get 20m.
Eze contract? on 14:43 - Nov 9 with 4306 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Eze contract? on 12:17 - Nov 9 by ed_83

Athletic reporting that he's signed:

https://theathletic.com/5044981/2023/11/09/eberechi-eze-crystal-palace-contract-

Beeb now suggesting that Eze is close to signing. Dream scenario - Eze signs, Cifuentas keeps QPR up, Man City sign Eze for big money, Cifuentas uses some of this money to rebuild.
Eze contract? on 14:57 - Nov 9 with 4255 viewsdaveB

Shame hes not in the England squad for 2 dead rubbers, could do with him getting that first start
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024