Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Birmingham/Leeds/Huddersfield/West Brom – Awaydays 22:17 - Nov 18 with 5307 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/61280
Birmingham/Leeds/Huddersfield/West Brom – Awaydays on 22:41 - Nov 18 with 4852 viewscolinallcars

Great read Clive. Re the opening paragraphs on the absurd traffic restrictions - my wife, 'oos not from roun' these parrrts, won't believe that when I was a nipper I lived in a road where you could park on one side of the road on even dates but you had to park on the other side on odd dates. So Hammersmith Council has “previous” on these issues.
Birmingham/Leeds/Huddersfield/West Brom – Awaydays on 03:30 - Nov 19 with 4707 viewsLblock

Brilliant read

Through all of that exasperation, hard work and effort…. The humour and unwritten passion made me miss not going at the moment
You just cannot explain to non football attending bods why you do it or what you get out of it.
They look at you like you’re mad.
That’s because you are - totally mad.

Keep the faith and may the good times roll again soon

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Birmingham/Leeds/Huddersfield/West Brom – Awaydays on 10:21 - Nov 19 with 4482 viewsswitchingcode

Brilliant writing as usual and every travelling away fans which I am one can relate to.
Birmingham/Leeds/Huddersfield/West Brom – Awaydays on 15:01 - Nov 19 with 4236 viewsDevonWhite

Great stuff Clive, one of the best away days pieces so far.
Birmingham/Leeds/Huddersfield/West Brom – Awaydays on 19:05 - Nov 19 with 4000 viewscolinallcars

Birmingham/Leeds/Huddersfield/West Brom – Awaydays on 15:01 - Nov 19 by DevonWhite

Great stuff Clive, one of the best away days pieces so far.

I agree-this is the best one.
Birmingham/Leeds/Huddersfield/West Brom – Awaydays on 20:10 - Nov 19 with 3938 viewsrobith

Have you ever considered writing for a living?
Birmingham/Leeds/Huddersfield/West Brom – Awaydays on 23:46 - Nov 19 with 3723 viewsSydneyRs

Another brilliantly written piece.

I can genuinely feel the frustration being described when trying to get from A to B. The roads, constantly changing rules etc sound like a living hell. We moan about the amount of road rules, fines etc here in Sydney, but it seems we have nothing on the UK where avoiding a fine appears to have a similar level of difficulty to reaching the end of a complex multi-level video game.

And then you have to watch that game at Leeds. Its just cruel.
Birmingham/Leeds/Huddersfield/West Brom – Awaydays on 11:52 - Nov 20 with 3464 viewsthehat

Brilliant article Clive - Felt like I was with you every inch of the way.

Its bloody painful what fans have to go through to support their teams. I doubt some of the pampered players have any idea of the time, effort and money given up by the hardcore.

This article should be a must read to all players at the training ground.
Login to get fewer ads

Birmingham/Leeds/Huddersfield/West Brom – Awaydays on 12:12 - Nov 20 with 3432 viewsTheChef

Great stuff Clive, as ever.

In the words of Alan Partridge, "This country!"
[Post edited 20 Nov 2023 12:13]

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Birmingham/Leeds/Huddersfield/West Brom – Awaydays on 12:39 - Nov 20 with 3393 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Cracking read, Clive. Slightly depressing, though. It all sounds so grim for ye travelling fans.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Birmingham/Leeds/Huddersfield/West Brom – Awaydays on 21:25 - Nov 20 with 3142 viewsSuperhoop83

Just superb.

Suffering since 1978.

Birmingham/Leeds/Huddersfield/West Brom – Awaydays on 21:45 - Nov 20 with 3127 viewsderbyhoop

Birmingham/Leeds/Huddersfield/West Brom – Awaydays on 12:39 - Nov 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Cracking read, Clive. Slightly depressing, though. It all sounds so grim for ye travelling fans.

It should be compulsory reading for Mark Harper, the Sec of State for Transport.

I've just been back in UK for 5 days. M40/M42 were nightmares. In both directions. Going back was midday on Sunday and traffic at a standstill. WTF.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2023 21:50]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Birmingham/Leeds/Huddersfield/West Brom – Awaydays on 23:23 - Nov 20 with 3059 viewsQPunkR

Brilliant writing as usual, nail being hit repeatedly on head too

QPR - "shit but local"

Birmingham/Leeds/Huddersfield/West Brom – Awaydays on 09:28 - Nov 21 with 2936 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Travelling halfway across the country with the infrastructure falling apart to watch an Ainsworth team is like something out of Dante.
Birmingham/Leeds/Huddersfield/West Brom – Awaydays on 10:29 - Nov 21 with 2912 viewsterryb

I might be wrong, but I think that was the best "Away Days" that I've read! I can't believe that you're travelling through Peterborough again on Saturday, the bus replacement would have been quicker!

I think I'd have given Shirley my wallet, debit/credit cards & pin numbers!
Birmingham/Leeds/Huddersfield/West Brom – Awaydays on 10:50 - Nov 21 with 2892 viewsNorthernr

Birmingham/Leeds/Huddersfield/West Brom – Awaydays on 10:29 - Nov 21 by terryb

I might be wrong, but I think that was the best "Away Days" that I've read! I can't believe that you're travelling through Peterborough again on Saturday, the bus replacement would have been quicker!

I'm not getting on a bus. We all have our limits, that's mine.
Birmingham/Leeds/Huddersfield/West Brom – Awaydays on 12:31 - Nov 21 with 2786 viewsterryb

Birmingham/Leeds/Huddersfield/West Brom – Awaydays on 10:50 - Nov 21 by Northernr

I'm not getting on a bus. We all have our limits, that's mine.

Will you be driving to Ipswich then, or try to find a route open via Cambridge?

EDIT: I've just looked & there are buses between Royston or Stansted to Cambridge. The last train to Cambridge leaves Ipswich at 21.20 as well!
[Post edited 21 Nov 2023 12:47]
Birmingham/Leeds/Huddersfield/West Brom – Awaydays on 12:54 - Nov 21 with 2747 viewsNorthernr

Birmingham/Leeds/Huddersfield/West Brom – Awaydays on 12:31 - Nov 21 by terryb

Will you be driving to Ipswich then, or try to find a route open via Cambridge?

EDIT: I've just looked & there are buses between Royston or Stansted to Cambridge. The last train to Cambridge leaves Ipswich at 21.20 as well!
[Post edited 21 Nov 2023 12:47]

Jeff is on driving duties.
Birmingham/Leeds/Huddersfield/West Brom – Awaydays on 11:11 - Nov 23 with 2338 viewsjoe90

Excellent as always!
Birmingham/Leeds/Huddersfield/West Brom – Awaydays on 12:23 - Nov 23 with 2272 viewseastside_r

Birmingham/Leeds/Huddersfield/West Brom – Awaydays on 10:29 - Nov 21 by terryb

Yeah. This one up with another Northern odyssey from the start of last season.

Away Days is my favourite feature but Clive spoils us anyhow.
Birmingham/Leeds/Huddersfield/West Brom – Awaydays on 12:48 - Nov 23 with 2242 viewsrobith

Not blowing smoke up your bottom, but I shared this with a non QPR supporting pal of mine who had self published a book about following his football team. He noted "su-f**cking-perb" but asked an interesting question - any plans for a book? or do Rangers need to do something of note first
Birmingham/Leeds/Huddersfield/West Brom – Awaydays on 12:55 - Nov 23 with 2238 viewsNorthernr

Birmingham/Leeds/Huddersfield/West Brom – Awaydays on 12:48 - Nov 23 by robith

Not blowing smoke up your bottom, but I shared this with a non QPR supporting pal of mine who had self published a book about following his football team. He noted "su-f**cking-perb" but asked an interesting question - any plans for a book? or do Rangers need to do something of note first

Often thought about it. Still thinking about it for this season - Journeys around the worst league in Europe, with the worst team in it - but as ever it's time and self belief neither of which I have, and also you lot have heard all the bloody stories before
Birmingham/Leeds/Huddersfield/West Brom – Awaydays on 13:00 - Nov 23 with 2227 viewsTheChef

Birmingham/Leeds/Huddersfield/West Brom – Awaydays on 12:55 - Nov 23 by Northernr

Often thought about it. Still thinking about it for this season - Journeys around the worst league in Europe, with the worst team in it - but as ever it's time and self belief neither of which I have, and also you lot have heard all the bloody stories before

Yes but just think of the wider audience who haven't heard all those stories before!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Birmingham/Leeds/Huddersfield/West Brom – Awaydays on 07:39 - Nov 24 with 2037 viewsjoe90

Birmingham/Leeds/Huddersfield/West Brom – Awaydays on 12:55 - Nov 23 by Northernr

Was thinking about this, a printed collection of your awaydays/match reports with illustrations by Danny Paddox would be f**king brilliant! Not just for the QPR/football but it’s also a really good bit of social commentary.

You could do a pre-order to gauge interest and have a staggered price system like on your patreon.

I don’t want to get ahead of myself, but I can totally see the front cover being Armstrongs reaction to the Dieng goal with a picture of a departure board full of cancellations.
Birmingham/Leeds/Huddersfield/West Brom – Awaydays on 07:51 - Nov 24 with 2030 viewsngbqpr

You've heard the songs, so you buy the album...and then always find a few more you'd missed.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024