Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ilias Chair. 20:23 - Dec 9 with 12734 viewsEsox_Lucius

One of the best performances from him since he broke into the first team today? He was everywhere both in attack and defence his passing was back to its best and the little flicks and touches found their targets 90% of the time. Marti and Calm seem to have really got to grips with what they want him to do and he seems to have taken it on board and delivered.
I also noticed today that not only the attacking players are all doing their defensive duties but towards the end of the game Smyth moved in to a central area and Dykes immediately moved into his position to cover him
. A great team effort and the subs all played their part too.great coaching and decision making from the touchline all made today a day to be their and a just reward for yet another large and noisy crowd.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2023 20:55]

The grass is always greener.

Ilias Chair. on 20:30 - Dec 9 with 7193 viewsbaz_qpr

He was brilliant especially first half, playing in an advanced 8 role in a 4-1-4-1 it meant he could work triangles one side with Paal and Willock and on the other with Smyth and Cannon. But defensively superb it was IMHO a Modric like role / performance. But you have to give the plaudits to Cifuentes as well for setting us up to play that way, to frankly get the best out of each player utterly coherent and I dont think I've seen that for years
Ilias Chair. on 20:32 - Dec 9 with 7171 viewsGloucs_R

Fully expect bids to be made for him in Jan.

Would you take £10m?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ilias Chair. on 20:38 - Dec 9 with 7117 viewsbosh67

Ilias Chair. on 20:32 - Dec 9 by Gloucs_R

Fully expect bids to be made for him in Jan.

Would you take £10m?

Even for £10m how do you replace him?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ilias Chair. on 20:51 - Dec 9 with 6970 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Ilias Chair. on 20:38 - Dec 9 by bosh67

Very difficult to replace, he's one of those players, especially in this league, rare to find. I got that same awful nagging thought in the back of my head already this evening....Willock and Chair....how long are they gonna be here now there grabbing the headlines again. But £10m....gonna be hard if not impossible to say no to it
Ilias Chair. on 20:52 - Dec 9 with 6962 viewsHastings_Hoops

Ilias Chair. on 20:38 - Dec 9 by bosh67

Use £500k to pay Willocks agent (his dad) off and get Willock to re-sign using an additional £1m of the Chair fee to increase his wages, then give Martí £3m to go shopping in Europe.
Ilias Chair. on 21:34 - Dec 9 with 6791 viewsrobith

The first half was one of the best ever defensive displays he's ever turned in for us. He was motm and it's not even a discussion. He was everywhere, he was effective, and he was Chair
Ilias Chair. on 21:36 - Dec 9 with 6772 viewsnumptydumpty

Was playing more just in advance of central midfield with ability to roam.

Fantastic performance

When he is somewhere else and in years to come will be a fondly remembered ex Ranger...

Not quite legend but top performer
[Post edited 9 Dec 2023 21:37]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Ilias Chair. on 21:41 - Dec 9 with 6730 viewsderbyhoop

Ilias Chair. on 20:51 - Dec 9 by Midlands_Ranger

Very difficult to replace, he's one of those players, especially in this league, rare to find. I got that same awful nagging thought in the back of my head already this evening....Willock and Chair....how long are they gonna be here now there grabbing the headlines again. But £10m....gonna be hard if not impossible to say no to it

We could not afford to turn down 10m for any player. You'd hope the Recruitment Team + MC have other options in mind.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Ilias Chair. on 21:42 - Dec 9 with 6723 viewsflynnbo

He’s also cutting in front of the defender more so he can draw the foul.
Ilias Chair. on 21:52 - Dec 9 with 6655 viewsEsox_Lucius

Ilias Chair. on 21:41 - Dec 9 by derbyhoop

We could not afford to turn down 10m for any player. You'd hope the Recruitment Team + MC have other options in mind.

It's hard to think of anyone we currently have to replace him; Steven Bala possibly? I thought it was going to be Amrit Bansul-McNulty but that definitely won't be happening. I wonder what Marti could have done with him.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2023 8:42]

The grass is always greener.

Ilias Chair. on 22:08 - Dec 9 with 6560 viewsOakR

Chair has everything apart from explosive pace, so needs players around him giving him options. Play Willock with him, have some pace around him, have players who want to interchange etc and there you have it.

I hope no-one bids for him but would wish him well anywhere - I think he has always tried his best and worked hard.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Ilias Chair. on 22:24 - Dec 9 with 6502 viewssaxbend

If there were a better way to spend £10m on a player than buying Chair, then clubs would go for that instead of buying Chair. We wouldn't be able to replace him. What we'd do instead would be buy 3-4 decent players to improve our squad depth and balance and hope that gains is more points overall than Chair would on his own.
Ilias Chair. on 22:47 - Dec 9 with 6402 viewsdavman

No need to sell him in January. Still has a couple of years left.

Willock, on the other hand, will go if someone offers £500k in January.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Ilias Chair. on 23:44 - Dec 9 with 6226 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Ilias Chair. on 22:47 - Dec 9 by davman

No need to sell him in January. Still has a couple of years left.

Willock, on the other hand, will go if someone offers £500k in January.

I think you're probably right on the CW front. However, I winder if he might be persuaded to stay now MC has helped him discover his mojo. I guess his hamstrings might also be a factor too.

However, if IC's form continues, might the AFCON come back into focus?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Ilias Chair. on 00:46 - Dec 10 with 6128 viewsnumptydumpty

The African Nations Cup is on from mid January to mid February but currently Chair has not been selected for the squad for Morocco.

His improved form could mean a call up during the transfer window, but is he likely to leave. I personally doubt it.

Apparently previously we turned down 6 million.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Ilias Chair. on 06:17 - Dec 10 with 5881 viewsNorthantsHoop

Ilias Chair. on 00:46 - Dec 10 by numptydumpty

The African Nations Cup is on from mid January to mid February but currently Chair has not been selected for the squad for Morocco.

His improved form could mean a call up during the transfer window, but is he likely to leave. I personally doubt it.

Apparently previously we turned down 6 million.

Thought Chair was brilliant yesterday the roaming centre attacking midfield role suits him rather than shoved out wide left. Think we will keep him and Willock to the end of the season. I know the money thing is all important but why sell your best chance of remaining in the Championship. If Willock goes on a free in the summer so be it but we just need these two to secure our Championship future, which is the priority at the moment. I reckon Marti was given a guarantee when he took the job that Chair and Willock would not be sold mid season.
Ilias Chair. on 07:22 - Dec 10 with 5811 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Ilias Chair. on 21:41 - Dec 9 by derbyhoop

Yea we just simply can not turn down that sort of money for anyone could we. Your right gotta be positive and believe, there are other great players out there, plenty of even better ones. Like you say I'm sure they must be preparing for this/should of been preparing for a long time.
Ilias Chair. on 09:49 - Dec 10 with 5532 viewsgazza1

He played good yesterday but he pretty much always 'gives his all', fair play to him.

Yesterday he played CM in a 4 - 2 - 3 -1 formation (first half) which surprised me but with a team the Manager selected he was probably the best pick for centre of the 3 behind Dykes. I liked the way the 3 in advanced midfield worked well defensively it made us very hard to break down.

He's a good lad, hope we hold onto him.
Ilias Chair. on 13:15 - Dec 10 with 5371 viewsParkRoyalR

Ilias Chair. on 09:49 - Dec 10 by gazza1

He played good yesterday but he pretty much always 'gives his all', fair play to him.

Yesterday he played CM in a 4 - 2 - 3 -1 formation (first half) which surprised me but with a team the Manager selected he was probably the best pick for centre of the 3 behind Dykes. I liked the way the 3 in advanced midfield worked well defensively it made us very hard to break down.

He's a good lad, hope we hold onto him.

I've been wanting Chair in that role for some time and think 4-2-3-1 suits our players,

Don't want to start the Dykes pro's / con's argument but thought Marti did something quite innovative yesterday when he seemed to drop Dykes back into the middle off the 3 when Armstrong came on,

I know he then changed it quite soon after and brought off Dykes and Chair (maybe thinking ahead to Wednesday) but Dykes dropping deeper with a quicker forward running off the Centre Halves is a very good option when leading and trying to close a game out.

Keeps Dykes on the pitch to defend corners and set pieces, gives us a physical presence up front to hold the ball up which we didnt have when he went off yesterday and he's quite disciplined in his press from the front, its a good option going forward for me.
Ilias Chair. on 13:18 - Dec 10 with 5353 viewsMick_S

Ilias Chair. on 06:17 - Dec 10 by NorthantsHoop

Thought Chair was brilliant yesterday the roaming centre attacking midfield role suits him rather than shoved out wide left. Think we will keep him and Willock to the end of the season. I know the money thing is all important but why sell your best chance of remaining in the Championship. If Willock goes on a free in the summer so be it but we just need these two to secure our Championship future, which is the priority at the moment. I reckon Marti was given a guarantee when he took the job that Chair and Willock would not be sold mid season.

Regarding your last line - just had the same conversation in our gaff. Here’s hoping.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Ilias Chair. on 14:04 - Dec 10 with 5255 viewsaston_hoop

Cifuentes is adding millions back on to his value. My big worry now is that this doesn't go unnoticed by the Morocco manager in January!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Ilias Chair. on 14:14 - Dec 10 with 5225 viewsnix

Ilias Chair. on 14:17 - Dec 10 with 5216 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Excellent game from Chair, playing in his best position, and playing near Willock, both things on the LFW wishlist. I thought he was superb in winning the ball back on the high press as well, with three or four nicks in the first half alone.

Hull did get 15 shots off though and won 65% of possession, so we have to recognise that there's a cost to going 4231, which we were in possession (I thought?), and we will have to be understanding on the days when it costs us goals.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ilias Chair. on 14:19 - Dec 10 with 5210 viewsNorthernr

See I thought he was MOTM as well, but the world and his wife has gone for Begovic so I'm now wondering whether I stick to my guns or not.
Ilias Chair. on 14:23 - Dec 10 with 5177 viewsRangersw12

Ilias Chair. on 14:19 - Dec 10 by Northernr

See I thought he was MOTM as well, but the world and his wife has gone for Begovic so I'm now wondering whether I stick to my guns or not.

Go rogue and go JCS
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024