Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ilias Chair. 20:23 - Dec 9 with 12933 viewsEsox_Lucius

One of the best performances from him since he broke into the first team today? He was everywhere both in attack and defence his passing was back to its best and the little flicks and touches found their targets 90% of the time. Marti and Calm seem to have really got to grips with what they want him to do and he seems to have taken it on board and delivered.
I also noticed today that not only the attacking players are all doing their defensive duties but towards the end of the game Smyth moved in to a central area and Dykes immediately moved into his position to cover him
. A great team effort and the subs all played their part too.great coaching and decision making from the touchline all made today a day to be their and a just reward for yet another large and noisy crowd.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2023 20:55]

The grass is always greener.

Ilias Chair. on 14:24 - Dec 10 with 2827 viewsNorthernr

Ilias Chair. on 14:23 - Dec 10 by Rangersw12

Go rogue and go JCS

Who is, as predicted, making a huge impact under this style of play. Just please stay fit.
Ilias Chair. on 14:27 - Dec 10 with 2798 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ilias Chair. on 14:19 - Dec 10 by Northernr

See I thought he was MOTM as well, but the world and his wife has gone for Begovic so I'm now wondering whether I stick to my guns or not.

I haven't watched Begovic's three saves back to decide how good they were. I think that would decide if he was MOTM or not. Thought his handling was very good again, mind you.

If it wasn't Begovic, it was Chair imo. Clarke-Salter and Willock also very good.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ilias Chair. on 14:29 - Dec 10 with 2781 viewsngbqpr

See I thought he was MOTM as well, but the world and his wife has gone for Begovic so I'm now wondering whether I stick to my guns or not.

I was a bit surprised when I came on here after the game and also received messages from mates not at the game saying Begovic was outstanding, kept us in it etc etc - now my eyes ain't what they used to be, and from my spot in R block, everything at the School End (where he made more saves) looks a bit hazy and out of perspective. But having seen the highlights, there was only the save with his foot that made me go wow - the others? More than routine, but ones I'd expect him to make.

Delighted for Willock, praying JCS stays fit...but that game, especially the first half, was all about Chair for me.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Ilias Chair. on 14:36 - Dec 10 with 2720 viewsRangersw12

Ilias Chair. on 14:24 - Dec 10 by Northernr

Who is, as predicted, making a huge impact under this style of play. Just please stay fit.

I don't know if I would risk him with 3 games in a week tbh
Ilias Chair. on 14:46 - Dec 10 with 2685 viewshubble

Ilias Chair. on 14:29 - Dec 10 by ngbqpr

I was a bit surprised when I came on here after the game and also received messages from mates not at the game saying Begovic was outstanding, kept us in it etc etc - now my eyes ain't what they used to be, and from my spot in R block, everything at the School End (where he made more saves) looks a bit hazy and out of perspective. But having seen the highlights, there was only the save with his foot that made me go wow - the others? More than routine, but ones I'd expect him to make.

Delighted for Willock, praying JCS stays fit...but that game, especially the first half, was all about Chair for me.

Here you go Nick

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Ilias Chair. on 15:06 - Dec 10 with 2603 viewsEsox_Lucius

IMO Begovic was called upon, and delivered, four or five times in the game but Chair was on it for the whole time he was on the pitch with no obvious errors or poor choices. I guess this is why Paddy Kenny was POTY instead of Adel even though the rest of the footballing world gave it to Adel by a country mile.

The grass is always greener.

Ilias Chair. on 17:25 - Dec 10 with 2454 viewsngbqpr

Ilias Chair. on 14:46 - Dec 10 by hubble

Here you go Nick

Fair play mate - that one wasn't on the highlights I saw ;)

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Ilias Chair. on 17:39 - Dec 10 with 2385 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Ilias Chair. on 20:32 - Dec 9 by Gloucs_R

Fully expect bids to be made for him in Jan.

Would you take £10m?

We've got to do what Brentford did/do and sell players for top whack, then replace them.

Far easier to do that with a manager that improves them, rather than making them worse.
Login to get fewer ads

Ilias Chair. on 18:32 - Dec 10 with 2240 viewsBoston

This young man from Hull, quite likes Ilias as well.

[Post edited 10 Dec 2023 18:33]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ilias Chair. on 18:33 - Dec 10 with 2241 viewsAntti_Heinola

Thought Chair was easily motm. Beg made some good saves. Chair was outstanding going forward and back. Its not even a debate for me.
A player we took from nowhere, turned into a first team regular who works his nuts off every game and has been our most important player for about 4 years. At any other club fans would be worshipping him.

Bare bones.

Ilias Chair. on 18:48 - Dec 10 with 2178 viewssparkey

Ilias Chair. on 18:32 - Dec 10 by Boston

This young man from Hull, quite likes Ilias as well.

[Post edited 10 Dec 2023 18:33]

Seems a very nice lad tbf. Fair analysis too
Ilias Chair. on 19:09 - Dec 10 with 2101 viewsGloucs_R

A few things..

We have a replacement for Chair already, Taylor Richards 😇

Asmir made some great saves but also plucked the ball out of the air several times at the end to take the pressure off the back 4.

Absolutely no chance we get a fee for Willock in Jan.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ilias Chair. on 19:28 - Dec 10 with 2055 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ilias Chair. on 18:33 - Dec 10 by Antti_Heinola

Thought Chair was easily motm. Beg made some good saves. Chair was outstanding going forward and back. Its not even a debate for me.
A player we took from nowhere, turned into a first team regular who works his nuts off every game and has been our most important player for about 4 years. At any other club fans would be worshipping him.

Ah, he's worshipped here too tbf.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ilias Chair. on 19:29 - Dec 10 with 2044 viewsMick_S

Well done, mate. He’s a good lad.

Edit: the Hull boy.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2023 19:31]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Ilias Chair. on 21:46 - Dec 10 with 1886 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ilias Chair. on 19:28 - Dec 10 by BrianMcCarthy

by too few of us mate sadly!
For many, they won't know what they've got til it's gone.

Bare bones.

Ilias Chair. on 23:49 - Dec 10 with 1708 viewsWatfordR

Ilias Chair. on 21:46 - Dec 10 by Antti_Heinola

You do know we can't win games with Chair in there don't you?
Ilias Chair. on 09:15 - Dec 11 with 1553 viewsgazza1

Is he a big asset for the Club?? Is he a decent midfielder?? Is he a good lad?? Of course he is.

Is he as good as a few think who are going way OTT, of course he isn't otherwise 1 - he would not be here & 2 he would not be keeping the bench warm for his national team.

He has a long way to go to be a Rodney Marsh or Stan Bowles.
Ilias Chair. on 09:46 - Dec 11 with 1483 viewsRBlock

Ilias Chair. on 21:36 - Dec 9 by numptydumpty

Was playing more just in advance of central midfield with ability to roam.

Fantastic performance

When he is somewhere else and in years to come will be a fondly remembered ex Ranger...

Not quite legend but top performer
[Post edited 9 Dec 2023 21:37]

For me, he's a modern day legend. I know we haven't won anything, but he's been consistently our most important player over the last 5 years IMO. Despite being a flair player, he's never sulked off and is always one of the hardest workers, closing in on 200 appearances, and came through our development squad to boot. Scored some absolute worldies as well along the way.
Ilias Chair. on 09:54 - Dec 11 with 1464 viewsCamberleyR

Ilias Chair. on 09:15 - Dec 11 by gazza1

Is he a big asset for the Club?? Is he a decent midfielder?? Is he a good lad?? Of course he is.

Is he as good as a few think who are going way OTT, of course he isn't otherwise 1 - he would not be here & 2 he would not be keeping the bench warm for his national team.

He has a long way to go to be a Rodney Marsh or Stan Bowles.

Blimey, who pissed in your cornflakes?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Ilias Chair. on 10:19 - Dec 11 with 1403 viewsNed_Kennedys

Ilias Chair. on 15:06 - Dec 10 by Esox_Lucius

IMO Begovic was called upon, and delivered, four or five times in the game but Chair was on it for the whole time he was on the pitch with no obvious errors or poor choices. I guess this is why Paddy Kenny was POTY instead of Adel even though the rest of the footballing world gave it to Adel by a country mile.

Begovic was my MOTM: a fantastic 98 minutes, dominated his area, great saves including the last one lie down by the post which was world class, decent distribution including instigating the 2nd goal. The ratings on here by the fans confirm this.
Ilias Chair. on 10:34 - Dec 11 with 1369 viewsParkRoyalR

Ilias Chair. on 21:46 - Dec 10 by Antti_Heinola

We seen glimpses of what Chair can be in recent games, as since Marti's come in we've seen that he can move the ball quicker and play it first time rather than take too many touches,

Slightly unfair comparison but Souness was critical of Grealish recently saying he takes too many touches to be an elite level player, saying elite level players see the pass immediately and take one touch and pass. If Chair can become this player (as 2nd goal v Preston) his value will double / treble.

Micah Richards was saying on MOTD2 last night how he prefers Foden in the middle (rather than stuck out on the left wing) as in the middle he can take the ball on the half turn and first time pass to create goals - I think this is where we all are with Chair and hopefully Marti can coach him moving the ball quicker to open up defences as he did with that 2nd goal at Preston.
Ilias Chair. on 10:43 - Dec 11 with 1352 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ilias Chair. on 10:34 - Dec 11 by ParkRoyalR

We seen glimpses of what Chair can be in recent games, as since Marti's come in we've seen that he can move the ball quicker and play it first time rather than take too many touches,

Slightly unfair comparison but Souness was critical of Grealish recently saying he takes too many touches to be an elite level player, saying elite level players see the pass immediately and take one touch and pass. If Chair can become this player (as 2nd goal v Preston) his value will double / treble.

Micah Richards was saying on MOTD2 last night how he prefers Foden in the middle (rather than stuck out on the left wing) as in the middle he can take the ball on the half turn and first time pass to create goals - I think this is where we all are with Chair and hopefully Marti can coach him moving the ball quicker to open up defences as he did with that 2nd goal at Preston.

I don't think any player is above criticism, and I think every player can always improve. I just find it odd how Chair often seems to held to higher standards than anyone else.
I don't massively agree with Souness. Pep has encourgaed Grealish to hold on to it and dribble - Grealish has confirmed that. He wants him to commit players and drag players towards him and take risks with possession; that's why he signed Doku, because he wants that extra dimension of dribbling. I'll take Guardiola's theories over Souness's, to be honest, although I also agree Grealish isn't absolutely top drawer, he's just under that level. Nothing wrong with that.
Not convinced by the Foden argument either, really, but I did like Chair's performance on Saturday!

Bare bones.

Ilias Chair. on 11:01 - Dec 11 with 1323 viewsParkRoyalR

Ilias Chair. on 10:43 - Dec 11 by Antti_Heinola

I don't think any player is above criticism, and I think every player can always improve. I just find it odd how Chair often seems to held to higher standards than anyone else.
I don't massively agree with Souness. Pep has encourgaed Grealish to hold on to it and dribble - Grealish has confirmed that. He wants him to commit players and drag players towards him and take risks with possession; that's why he signed Doku, because he wants that extra dimension of dribbling. I'll take Guardiola's theories over Souness's, to be honest, although I also agree Grealish isn't absolutely top drawer, he's just under that level. Nothing wrong with that.
Not convinced by the Foden argument either, really, but I did like Chair's performance on Saturday!

Eze is top drawer because he can take one touch and see the pass,

Chair can be top drawer with a top level Coach who improves players and can coach Chair to do this, and that's why he is held to higher standards that others, with exception of Willock,
Ilias Chair. on 11:02 - Dec 11 with 1317 viewsgazza1

Ilias Chair. on 09:54 - Dec 11 by CamberleyR

Blimey, who pissed in your cornflakes?

Just trying to put another angle and a bit of prospective on the 'wonderboy' ....is that ok??
[Post edited 11 Dec 2023 11:02]
Ilias Chair. on 11:39 - Dec 11 with 1246 viewsBurnleyhoop

Ilias Chair. on 19:28 - Dec 10 by BrianMcCarthy

And here.........never gives less than 100%, never injured, superb close control and ball retention and always good for a screamer.

At his most effective when he has players of the same calibre and on the same wave length playing around him. It is no coincidence that having Willock back out there and firing on all cylinders brings the very best out of them both.

The picture of them walking away with arms around each other after Chairs goal brought a lump to my throat. Christ that moment has been a long time coming.....thanks Marti.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024