Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marti song 20:03 - Dec 10 with 10038 viewsBlackCrowe

God that Estrella Paella chant is sooo good. Proper terrace humour.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Marti song on 22:07 - Dec 11 with 1893 viewsNottsQPR

Marti song on 21:03 - Dec 11 by aston_hoop

Its the pronounciation of paella and Estrella that does me.

I’m absolutely convinced that when I went to the Rotherham game the last line was sung as ‘his football is magic’? Then when I went to my next match, Norwich A, it had changed to the Chelsea reference.

Does anyone else agree or am I going a bit crazy?
Marti song on 22:50 - Dec 11 with 1812 viewsDorse

I think we're missing a trick here. I mean Marti and party rhymes perfectly...

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Marti song on 23:08 - Dec 11 with 1773 viewsCiderwithRsie

Marti song on 12:47 - Dec 11 by GaryBannister86

Didn't say it was offensive, of course it isn't offensive. Just saying Marti is all class and intelligence and worshipping him with a song that has him the equivalent of eating Roast Beef and downing lagers means (in my opinion) it isn't a great chant.

Thing is: I wouldn't have a problem with German fans singing about Harry Kane eating roast beef and downing lagers,* I'd take it as affectionate and therefore a sort of compliment to the UK. Everyone has some sort of cliche about their identity, I'd take that one over being slave traders or imperialists or the one about the Irish being thick.

* I do have a problem with the lager thing, it's ale for Christ's sake, lager when properly brewed is a German or Czech drink and very good too, mass produced lager from Carling etc is about as traditionally British as McDonalds.
Marti song on 23:11 - Dec 11 with 1765 viewsBlackCrowe

Marti song on 21:51 - Dec 11 by NorrisGreen

It's shockingly bad. Puerile and embarrassing. Was mildly tolerable at first when it was getting mumbled and mangled by a couple of dozen exuberant fans - couldn't really hear the words and obviously it's a timeless evergreen tune so no worries really.
But, as it's taken hold and the true brainless horror of it has become apparent I've been stunned. Presume it has earworm properties akin to a song like Agadoo (and similar mindless random lyricism).
Still, each to their own but it clearly will NEVER cascade around the stands as it's obvious too many people feel bilious about it.
I'm not a killjoy, I'd happily get behind something jaunty like "Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole. Marti! Martiiieee!

Yes, that's super inventive and not remotely naff

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Marti song on 23:11 - Dec 11 with 1765 viewsCiderwithRsie

Marti song on 16:01 - Dec 11 by fraserc

Marti was asked about this in an interview. He does a mean paella, apparently, but is more of a wine guy.

"He eats paella, he drinks rioja". Sorted.
Marti song on 00:23 - Dec 12 with 1702 viewssaxbend

If course it's copied though. It's copied from the Yoann Barbet song.
Marti song on 06:07 - Dec 12 with 1604 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I thought it was utter garbage but now I see it was copied from Chelsea fans I despise it even more. Surely our fans are capable of creating something less basic and puerile?
Marti song on 06:48 - Dec 12 with 1579 viewsstevec

Marti song on 22:50 - Dec 11 by Dorse

I think we're missing a trick here. I mean Marti and party rhymes perfectly...

One for the lady supporters..

I'm a Marti girl, in a Marti world
We played on plastic, it's fantastic
You can play with Chair, cos he’ll be everywhere
Imagination, goals are his creation

Come on, Marti, let's go party (ah ah ah yeah)
Come on, Marti, let's go party (ooh oh, ooh oh)
Come on, Marti, let's go party (ah ah ah yeah)
Come on, Marti, let's go party (ooh oh, ooh oh)
Login to get fewer ads

Marti song on 08:31 - Dec 12 with 1520 viewsGroveR

It's all relative isn't it? When I was a yoot, I used to sing Magic Hat with way more exuberance than it merited, especially the descant ("he scores all faaackin night"). I once kept the "Ohhhhhhhh" intro going and building up for nearly 5 minutes which drew some annoyed glances. Fair one that, as it was 10am. On a Sunday. At a Chelsea fan's funeral.
Marti song on 08:36 - Dec 12 with 1510 viewshubble

Marti song on 08:31 - Dec 12 by GroveR

It's all relative isn't it? When I was a yoot, I used to sing Magic Hat with way more exuberance than it merited, especially the descant ("he scores all faaackin night"). I once kept the "Ohhhhhhhh" intro going and building up for nearly 5 minutes which drew some annoyed glances. Fair one that, as it was 10am. On a Sunday. At a Chelsea fan's funeral.

Thanks for making me LOL this morning!

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Marti song on 10:01 - Dec 12 with 1445 viewsboysfromthebush

Some of you really need to knock one out to take the anger out of your lives, Jesus Christ.
Marti song on 10:05 - Dec 12 with 1436 viewsGaryBannister86

Marti song on 10:01 - Dec 12 by boysfromthebush

Some of you really need to knock one out to take the anger out of your lives, Jesus Christ.

Think you are overstating it there, sir. The OP said it was a great epitome of terrace humour. Some of us disagree and think it is ordinary at best. Don't think there is any anger about it.
Marti song on 10:10 - Dec 12 with 1421 viewsboysfromthebush

Marti song on 10:05 - Dec 12 by GaryBannister86

Think you are overstating it there, sir. The OP said it was a great epitome of terrace humour. Some of us disagree and think it is ordinary at best. Don't think there is any anger about it.

'Utter garbage’ ‘Despise’ ‘Embarrassing’

Just a snippet
Marti song on 10:17 - Dec 12 with 1388 viewsmikeygunn

We’ve copied it from Chelsea. That should be the end of the conversation. And song.
Marti song on 10:21 - Dec 12 with 1374 viewslondonscottish

For those that don't like it, of course it's a bit puerile. That's what makes most football chants funny.

For those that hope it doesn't take off, the genie's well and truly out of the bottle.

My wife's even been singing it round the house :-)

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Marti song on 16:41 - Dec 12 with 1243 viewssparkey

Seems Marti is a fan...

Marti song on 05:45 - Dec 13 with 1025 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Marti song on 10:10 - Dec 12 by boysfromthebush

Just a snippet

Don't confuse anger with disdain for a crass song that was plagiarised from our dear friends at Stamford Bridge.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2023 5:48]
Marti song on 08:20 - Dec 13 with 976 viewsstevec

What a wonderful opportunity to bring Estrella to the clubs beer taps and be done with that luke warm piss they’ve been serving up for far too long.
Marti song on 08:29 - Dec 13 with 942 viewspaulparker

Marti song on 08:20 - Dec 13 by stevec

What a wonderful opportunity to bring Estrella to the clubs beer taps and be done with that luke warm piss they’ve been serving up for far too long.

The jokers who work behind the ramp at Loftus Road couldn’t spell Estrella never mind pour it

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Marti song on 08:36 - Dec 13 with 938 viewsconnell10

Dont worry if he has a bad patch the calls of you dont know what your doing will replace it!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Marti song on 08:53 - Dec 13 with 890 viewsSpaceman_P

the song is stupid and embarrassing.
Marti song on 13:37 - Dec 13 with 788 viewsqpr1976

Marti song on 10:10 - Dec 12 by boysfromthebush

Just a snippet

Embarrassing isn’t an ‘angry’ term.

The last line IS embarrassing, considering it’s copying a song of theirs.
Marti song on 15:27 - Dec 13 with 714 viewskensalriser

Marti song on 13:37 - Dec 13 by qpr1976

Embarrassing isn’t an ‘angry’ term.

The last line IS embarrassing, considering it’s copying a song of theirs.

I'm taking it as significant progress that now we're arguing about a terrace song and not who's worse, the manager or the players.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Marti song on 15:48 - Dec 13 with 687 viewsQPunkR

Marti song on 06:07 - Dec 12 by Benny_the_Ball

I thought it was utter garbage but now I see it was copied from Chelsea fans I despise it even more. Surely our fans are capable of creating something less basic and puerile?

You give us far too much credit, sir

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024