Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disinterest… 23:34 - Jan 2 with 3908 viewsJevlar

Yes, I know we should support our team through thin and thinner, but as a long time season ticket holder, I’m getting to the point where the only way to numb the QPR related pain is to be well, disinterested.

Not sure if this makes me a fair weather fan but I’m sick to death of seeing this crop of players deliver dross almost week in, week out. They’ve had so many false dawns, I’m starting to think QPR are actually based in the land of the midnight sun.

As a fan base we have been pretty bloody chilled about it all. And there are a litany of other off-field issues but right now it’s the players grinding my gears.

If they can phone it in regularly, then so can I!

Happy New Year!!
[Post edited 2 Jan 23:36]
Disinterest… on 23:44 - Jan 2 with 3854 viewsenfieldargh

I’ve got to the point where I don’t want to go and take my seat in SAR.

First time in my life I won’t be going to a home cup game by choice, I’m shocked that I am so set on not attending. My wife thinks there’s something wrong with me.

I’ve lost interest in football mostly by the non contact element that is so prevalent in the game. Go down at the slightest nudge try a cheat a free kick, get opposition yellow or red carded.

I don’t watch match of the day and I’ve even given up on elf highlights,

Football has lost me

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Disinterest… on 23:50 - Jan 2 with 3834 viewsJevlar

Disinterest… on 23:44 - Jan 2 by enfieldargh

I’ve got to the point where I don’t want to go and take my seat in SAR.

First time in my life I won’t be going to a home cup game by choice, I’m shocked that I am so set on not attending. My wife thinks there’s something wrong with me.

I’ve lost interest in football mostly by the non contact element that is so prevalent in the game. Go down at the slightest nudge try a cheat a free kick, get opposition yellow or red carded.

I don’t watch match of the day and I’ve even given up on elf highlights,

Football has lost me

I totally get it, it’s so engrained as a part of my life, I’d be staggered by all the free time I’d get if I stopped being interested in it!

But more than that I think others would be worried. I imagine, like many others on here I’m often introduced to people as a ‘massive QPR fan’ - although as time cracks on they could be referring to my waistline.
Disinterest… on 03:58 - Jan 3 with 3660 viewsnumptydumpty

Disinterest… on 23:50 - Jan 2 by Jevlar

I totally get it, it’s so engrained as a part of my life, I’d be staggered by all the free time I’d get if I stopped being interested in it!

But more than that I think others would be worried. I imagine, like many others on here I’m often introduced to people as a ‘massive QPR fan’ - although as time cracks on they could be referring to my waistline.

Am likewise.

Season ticket holder.

Not going to cup game and it's hard to go when you expect so little.

Still believe Marti is best man to get something out of these players and hope there are at least couple of new ones in, this January.

I still believe we won't go down but there is no real surprise when we fail consistently.

But it's been more of a burden than a pleasure for two years and more.

The Championship is quite poor currently but we are not competing and even with a decent manager in charge now, we still struggle.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Disinterest… on 08:53 - Jan 3 with 3395 viewsgazza1

Poor stuff.....real supporters just go as a way of life.

I will never stop going win, loose or draw, good, bad or indifferent, cup or league. It been that way for 60 years except when I played myself but as soon as I got off the pitch I wanted to know the score & how we had done.

Saying that, I do not go to many away matches any more but I hunt to get a stream.

See many of you Saturday and I'm looking forward to my chat with our leader, Norf!!!!
Disinterest… on 09:00 - Jan 3 with 3389 viewskingsburyR

ST holder in MU and continually question why I bother.

Saying that, its my daughters 11 birthday the day we play Millwall. The 5 Season tickets we have are all being used and wait for it........ ive bought 9 more tickets.

So we can guarantee a crowd of at least 14 on the 20th.

You R'sssssssssssssssss

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Disinterest… on 09:28 - Jan 3 with 3346 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Over the last 5 years of English league football, QPR have played 231 games, winning 75, drawing 51 and losing a whopping 105 matches.

Of teams that have played >200 league games without playing in the premier league, only 5 have conceded more goals than us - Morecambe, Accrington Stanley, Burton Albion, Birmingham City and Reading. Though other teams have racked up less points than us in those 5 years, no team that has played in the football league over that timespan has lost more games. Sort the table on number of games lost and QPR is 'top'.

Expand that to 10 years and any guesses which football league team has been the most prolific at losing games? You guessed it... Those old scamps from Shepherds Bush top the table once again. 203 losses from 455 games. 4 more losses than any other team has managed over the last 10 years. A win rate of 32.7% and a lose rate of 44.6%.

I'm not surprised some of us are getting disinterested. You can only take so much of this crap before fatigue will settle in. I'm sure it did for many fans long ago.

Without wanting to turn this into a 'sack the board' post and I'm sure this is news to precisely nobody but since this lot got here we really have had to endure one of the worst decades in our history. It's pathetic.
[Post edited 3 Jan 9:30]
Disinterest… on 09:37 - Jan 3 with 3303 viewsJevlar

Disinterest… on 09:28 - Jan 3 by Padulas_Shampoo

Over the last 5 years of English league football, QPR have played 231 games, winning 75, drawing 51 and losing a whopping 105 matches.

Of teams that have played >200 league games without playing in the premier league, only 5 have conceded more goals than us - Morecambe, Accrington Stanley, Burton Albion, Birmingham City and Reading. Though other teams have racked up less points than us in those 5 years, no team that has played in the football league over that timespan has lost more games. Sort the table on number of games lost and QPR is 'top'.

Expand that to 10 years and any guesses which football league team has been the most prolific at losing games? You guessed it... Those old scamps from Shepherds Bush top the table once again. 203 losses from 455 games. 4 more losses than any other team has managed over the last 10 years. A win rate of 32.7% and a lose rate of 44.6%.

I'm not surprised some of us are getting disinterested. You can only take so much of this crap before fatigue will settle in. I'm sure it did for many fans long ago.

Without wanting to turn this into a 'sack the board' post and I'm sure this is news to precisely nobody but since this lot got here we really have had to endure one of the worst decades in our history. It's pathetic.
[Post edited 3 Jan 9:30]

Deep down the owners are the heart of the issue, and it saddens me that that 10 year stat comes as a total non surprise.

But the inevitable ‘sack the board’ post leads to ‘careful what you wish for’ -like we are trapped in a Stockholm owner syndrome.
Disinterest… on 09:42 - Jan 3 with 3278 viewsfrancisbowles

Disinterest… on 08:53 - Jan 3 by gazza1

I will never stop going win, loose or draw, good, bad or indifferent, cup or league. It been that way for 60 years except when I played myself but as soon as I got off the pitch I wanted to know the score & how we had done.

Saying that, I do not go to many away matches any more but I hunt to get a stream.

See many of you Saturday and I'm looking forward to my chat with our leader, Norf!!!!

I agree with you Gazza but I can empathise with the other guys. I am going to the cup match but another Christmas period has been ruined and the drive home has become a regular horrible mood one.

Like you, I don't usually go away but out of the money I save I chuck a tenner in Marti's January sales budget through buying a proper stream from the club.
Login to get fewer ads

Disinterest… on 10:20 - Jan 3 with 3188 viewsBlue_Castello

Ok were all pi**ed off with the current results and performances it's been tough going regularly to the home games and I can sympathise massively with the excellent away support now they really do have an axe to grind.

Surely it's a case of our team needs us now to give them support, I don't think any of them have downed tools and are not trying, we have a weak squad which is always going to be vulnerable if we get injuries to key players, I was at the Ipswich away game, we had excelent support and in that game the players competed all over the pitch and deserved a point against one of the better teams in the league.

The current squad situation is a combination of decisions over the last few seasons, blame who you like, if we start pointing fingers then it goes all the way back to Hughes, Redcrap and Fernandes giving them the keys to the safe whilst leaving Phil I'm not cut out for this job Beard in charge. More recently we can all say Ainsworths appointment was a total mistake and that itch should never have been scratched, it's history now, there are plenty of decisions that have been made that if people are honest with themselves we know they are wrong now but that's with the amazing powers of hindsight.

Clive recently did a preview where he highlighted some of the other teams in the Football League that are currently in a Financial mess which however much people don't like the idea it could be worse. We currently have owners who are supporting the club financially that's a big plus, we have a brand new training ground which plenty said would never happen.

Thank F we don't have Readings current owner, what a car crash that blokes turned out to be, this Season is incredibly tough but by all reports we will have more Financial wiggle room next season and we now have a Manager that the majority respect, he's only been here 5 minutes, let's give the bloke our support.

PS .....Don't get me wrong I understand why people are pissed off, I'm not a good person to be around after we have lost which is why I make a point of not posting immediately after games.
Disinterest… on 10:21 - Jan 3 with 3180 viewsBluce_Ree

Disinterest… on 08:53 - Jan 3 by gazza1

That's how football gets you. The loyalty thing. It's like a badge of honour isn't it. The greatest trick the devil ever played was making us think that matters.

I didn't miss a home game for about four years. One of those years was the fking Ray Harford season where we were F*CKING SHIT. Although we bummed Boro in the gob that year.

The idea of missing a match was unthinkable until my job suddenly pulled some Saturday bullshit. I had to work 1 in 3 of them.

The day I missed my first home game I was so pissed off. But it liberated me.

You could go to every game for 80 years. And then one day you die. Hopefully not in the stands of some other f**king team. But dead all the same. And what did that 80 years of staunch fandom get you?

Maybe your name shows up on the electronic score board at half time. Maybe you show up in the programme (who the f**k buys the programme?). If anyone gives a real f**k maybe you get a minute's silence while Cardiff fans yell out from the School End.

Aside from that what have you had? One or two moments of real joy (67 and 2014). What have you lost? Countless Saturday afternoons and Tuesday nights where you could have been doing something more productive. You could have learned a new language or how to play the piano or some shit.

Thousands of pounds that could have been spent on drugs and whores (insert your own hobby there). So much money. You could have bought a house with that shit. Well not now, not in London but whatever.

On the pitch you got to see the worst FA Cup side in all of that tournament's history. You got to see us lose more league matches in a decade than any other team. You got to see the Ferdinand money spent on Mark Hateley and other bums. You saw the Trevor Sinclair money get us the worst players West Ham could rustle up.

And as you die, your last thought is 'f**k, I paid for Shaun Wright Phillips' wages.'

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Disinterest… on 10:36 - Jan 3 with 3133 viewsLowerloftLad

Me and my dad renewed our season tickets we had moved to the family stand as it was going to be my daughters first season, First game of the season I was out for dinner with my daughter after I had taken her swimming. Watford had scored the 3rd got on the phone to my dad and we both agreed we would request instant refunds.
Best choice I made all year.

It's not just this year we have been getting served up absolute shite.
I have been twice this season and will probably do Millwall at home I do still enjoy going every now and then but going every week feels more like working overtime.

I also enjoy going to watch my local non league side Chertsey town about 10 of us pile down to the clubhouse for the 1pm happy hour and leave the bar 30seconds before kick off being able to watch the game with a pint while chatting away with your mates is what it's really about.
[Post edited 3 Jan 11:09]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Disinterest… on 10:42 - Jan 3 with 3089 viewsTheChef

And yet despite how terminally shit we are, I wanted to go to the Cup game this Saturday but I can't make it and I'm a bit pissed off about that (I'm a member not an ST holder).

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Disinterest… on 11:01 - Jan 3 with 3026 viewsngbqpr

Every single reply on this thread has resonated with me.

I have experienced all those emotions and gone through all those 'spells' at some point - from the daren't miss a game hex to the liberation of tearing myself away from it all.

I currently sit somewhere in the middle, a happy (???) medium - key to it is something I posted in that thread a while back about when you start taking your kids - namely, I never now just travel for the game itself. I ensure I tie in something else with the trip (it may simply be ensuring time for a pre-or post match drink, maybe stretching to a weekend away if budgets permit). Making the 90 minutes a part rather than the whole can in itself be liberating.

I was at the end of my tether under Gaz and missed several games I'd normally have not thought twice about going to. However, I like the cut of Marti's jib, and am trying to support him.

I try to find new ways to retain my interest / support - currently top of my list, now we have a thoughtful coach, is analysing the various ways he tries to polish turds and make silk purses from sow's ears. Several worked early doors, but equally clearly a couple of recent experiments have badly backfired, eg bringing on an extra defender at Hillsboro and conceding two goals; and the Albert substitution on Monday (not to mention the disastrous attempt to rectify it by moving Smyth central). But like Luigi Di Canio, I admire the attempts to try to find solutions when told "that's yer lot, get on with it" squad wise.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Disinterest… on 11:01 - Jan 3 with 3025 viewsJevlar

Disinterest… on 10:21 - Jan 3 by Bluce_Ree

That's how football gets you. The loyalty thing. It's like a badge of honour isn't it. The greatest trick the devil ever played was making us think that matters.

I didn't miss a home game for about four years. One of those years was the fking Ray Harford season where we were F*CKING SHIT. Although we bummed Boro in the gob that year.

The idea of missing a match was unthinkable until my job suddenly pulled some Saturday bullshit. I had to work 1 in 3 of them.

The day I missed my first home game I was so pissed off. But it liberated me.

You could go to every game for 80 years. And then one day you die. Hopefully not in the stands of some other f**king team. But dead all the same. And what did that 80 years of staunch fandom get you?

Maybe your name shows up on the electronic score board at half time. Maybe you show up in the programme (who the f**k buys the programme?). If anyone gives a real f**k maybe you get a minute's silence while Cardiff fans yell out from the School End.

Aside from that what have you had? One or two moments of real joy (67 and 2014). What have you lost? Countless Saturday afternoons and Tuesday nights where you could have been doing something more productive. You could have learned a new language or how to play the piano or some shit.

Thousands of pounds that could have been spent on drugs and whores (insert your own hobby there). So much money. You could have bought a house with that shit. Well not now, not in London but whatever.

On the pitch you got to see the worst FA Cup side in all of that tournament's history. You got to see us lose more league matches in a decade than any other team. You got to see the Ferdinand money spent on Mark Hateley and other bums. You saw the Trevor Sinclair money get us the worst players West Ham could rustle up.

And as you die, your last thought is 'f**k, I paid for Shaun Wright Phillips' wages.'

Well said, you only have one life to live, and there’s a lot of interests out there.

Being served up continual slop, it’s not a surprise I’m considering where I spend my money and my Saturday afternoons in the future.
Disinterest… on 11:06 - Jan 3 with 3006 viewsBAWHoops

I'm incredibly disinterested.
Saturday was the penny dropping for me (and lets be honest many many others) that this season ends in relegation.
I've been desperately trying to get my son, who's nearly 7, into it and Saturday was the first goal he had seen for us in a year!! It's utterly miserable right now and has been really since we thumped Reading 4-0 and then completely imploded.
We all know we need a complete overhaul this summer both on the field and off it, but the next 20 games to get there are going to be so so painful

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Disinterest… on 11:10 - Jan 3 with 2979 viewsTheChef

Disinterest… on 11:06 - Jan 3 by BAWHoops

I'm incredibly disinterested.
Saturday was the penny dropping for me (and lets be honest many many others) that this season ends in relegation.
I've been desperately trying to get my son, who's nearly 7, into it and Saturday was the first goal he had seen for us in a year!! It's utterly miserable right now and has been really since we thumped Reading 4-0 and then completely imploded.
We all know we need a complete overhaul this summer both on the field and off it, but the next 20 games to get there are going to be so so painful

Yeah anyone trying to get their kids interested in QPR in the last couple of years has faced a real struggle.

Fortunately our eldest who's 11 has accepted his fate but our youngest who's 8 could easily be swayed elsewhere (can't blame him).

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Disinterest… on 14:34 - Jan 3 with 2824 viewspragueranger

I live overseas, and my son is 9. Somehow he started to follow Rangers too a couple of seasons ago (I didn't really force it on him), and we watch most games together live on the QPR+ stream. We are members (just in case of a Wembley trip, of course), and I took him to a couple of games - Blackburn away, where a win would have taken us into the top two or a few hours (lost 1-0), and then last season West Brom at home when we were flying high (lost 1-0). He got into all the players, started to know all the chants, and loved it when Chair came on in the WC 3rd place play off. QPR was his team.

Since then he's started to lose interest as we just aren't fun to watch, and get beaten too easily, too often. His lack of interest has also rubbed off on me.

Recently he asked me if I'd mind if he started supporting Arsenal as well. That this didn't really bother me wasn't a surprise either. I just want him to enjoy watching football.
[Post edited 3 Jan 15:11]
Disinterest… on 15:45 - Jan 3 with 2655 viewsQPunkR

Disinterest… on 14:34 - Jan 3 by pragueranger

I live overseas, and my son is 9. Somehow he started to follow Rangers too a couple of seasons ago (I didn't really force it on him), and we watch most games together live on the QPR+ stream. We are members (just in case of a Wembley trip, of course), and I took him to a couple of games - Blackburn away, where a win would have taken us into the top two or a few hours (lost 1-0), and then last season West Brom at home when we were flying high (lost 1-0). He got into all the players, started to know all the chants, and loved it when Chair came on in the WC 3rd place play off. QPR was his team.

Since then he's started to lose interest as we just aren't fun to watch, and get beaten too easily, too often. His lack of interest has also rubbed off on me.

Recently he asked me if I'd mind if he started supporting Arsenal as well. That this didn't really bother me wasn't a surprise either. I just want him to enjoy watching football.

That's a sad predicament. I'd always blithely assumed that if/when I had kids they'd support the Rs just as I did, without any choice. But my son just turned 3 and I genuinely worry about how I'll be able to get him into supporting such a wänksome shiteburg of a club in the next couple of seasons unless something improves

QPR - "shit but local"

Disinterest… on 15:54 - Jan 3 with 2627 viewsMelakaRanger

I’ve just posted elsewhere. After more than 55 years of supporting the club, I am now almost at the point of not caring anymore.

TF and subsequently Ruben, together with the club management/team managers they have appointed have been slowly killing this club.

Relegation followed by a new owner and a massive clear out at all levels are our only hope of survival . I genuinely fear the club will be a mediocre league 2 team in 25/26 unless these changes are made.
Disinterest… on 16:50 - Jan 3 with 2516 viewsqpr_1968

since 1968 i;ve never stopped attending watching the r's.
if we went through a bad patch of games my plan B was to enjoy the social side before and after the match, ie, pub or whatever takes your fancy.

over the last ten years plan B has now become plan A, where that 90 minutes of football gets in the way......it keeps me going, and i'll never stop, still love em.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Disinterest… on 17:35 - Jan 3 with 2440 viewsRangersw12

I'm very pssed off with the players but will still go to games as there is nothing better to do on a Saturday
Disinterest… on 22:37 - Jan 3 with 2210 viewsLblock

It’s a war of attrition

QPR won the war

Other things changed for me and the season ticket got chopped last summer after a shite year before it.
It’s life….. people change, perspectives change but Dykes will still miss sitters and Dozzell will still be hiding.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Disinterest… on 23:39 - Jan 3 with 2084 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Disinterest… on 14:34 - Jan 3 by pragueranger

My eldest son(eleven)got right into football from the go, always had a kick about with him, he ended up joining teams and playing for school etc....and of course began supporting us. He came to games, had shirts, pictures in the room, all sorts but over time he began to loose interest in us. Watched other teams highlights with a lot more excitement and I could understand why. I never forced it on him and when he began to follow Arsenal I genuinely thought good for him. This team is awful and it's very difficult to convince myself to support us let alone anyone else. Like you said it's about him just enjoying his football....

My younger son who is 8.....he's even smarter as he likes playing football but has no interest in supporting a team and has already told me that the teams with the most money are the ones that win. And well he's spot on. It's a lot more common these days kids not giving a shite for football, it used to be unheard of.

I do think these players and the board have gotten off very lightly here with us all still turning up in very good numbers. It wouldn't be a bad idea to all turn our back on it one week at least because in all this loyalty shown them lot(players/board)couldn't give a toss for it.
[Post edited 3 Jan 23:41]
Disinterest… on 08:16 - Jan 4 with 1832 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I've only ever looked for one thing: that those who don the B&W give it a right good go and if they can't play with pride, then play with professionalism commensurate with the vast sums they earn. Do that, I'll happily live with the outcome win, lose, or draw.

However, supporting QPR since the stark realism that Fernandes was a prat set in - shortly after arriving - has becoming increasingly embarrassing and not to put too finer point on it: unenjoyable.

A succession of clowns, crooks, and charlatans at the helm, have employed a series of individuals who, in turn, have sourced, signed, trained, and nutured a huge cast of individuals paid vast sums who were and are either hopeless at best or, out-and-out tossers! All of whom, have sucked the life out of my enjoyment of all things QPR.

Aside of a few brief returns to the metropolis, I left London in the early 90s, and have spent the majority of my time abroad since. During that time, it was me in who first started to refer to Loftus Road as 'HQ' on the old dot.org, because that's what it was: my headquarters and frankly, the only consistent element in my somewhat nomadic life.

Trips to London were first the subject of a review of the fixtures list as opposed to flight schedules, as I looked forward as much to going to HQ as I did meeting my chums. Now, I find many of them are just going through the motion, for which increasingly they're lack of enjoyment is seeing them do other things.

For the Blackburn game, three mates offered me their STs. In fact, more often than not over the last three seasons, I announce a return and then I get replies: you can have mine or, we've got a spare.

Supporting QPR has become a challenge and a drain. Not because we don't win silver, but for me, I question what the hell I get out of seeing a load of can't be bothered numpties out there supposedly playing for QPR and in some cases, supposedly playing football.

This week has been seminal; I've been reminded that 1 January was the 50th anniversary of my first game. How we've plummeted since isn't necessary fair, because the seemingly unabated descent is actually more recent.

Sadly, the offer of free tickets for Cardiff and Bournemouth before returning to France were declined. Thought we did OK against Saints, but there is a sense of decay around the place, chums and fans appear to have thrown the towel in. It's as maddening as it is sad to see what those running and playing have done to this club.

Said for a while: it's going to have to die before it can be reborn. Bar a miracle, I see no other way. The trouble is, I've found more enjoyable ways to spend my time and money over the years, a trend experienced by so many i know, that if/when the Rangers phoenix rises, how many will still be going?

Fernandes....you caant!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Disinterest… on 20:23 - Jan 4 with 1488 viewsLogman

There are two factors really.

1. Changing priorities as you get older and
2. The nature of the product.

No. 2 has undoubtedly deteriorated as money has come to control the professional game and it has become a completely results driven business pretty much devoid of any cultural spark.

For me however, being in the autumn of my life for me it's more important to spend my free time doing whatever feels right. And the prospect of spending 6 hours navigating across London to sit in an antiquated stadium to watch a bunch of over-paid, under-performing so-called professional footballers kind of has less appeal than doing something with more reward.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024