Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is us – Report 22:20 - Jan 7 with 5834 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/61660
This is us – Report on 22:32 - Jan 7 with 4999 viewsOldPedro

I think Armstrong did get booked for dissent after he complained to the assistant about a goal kick that should have been a corner from the Dykes chance after 72 minutes. It was clearly a corner but assistant didn't signal so ref guessed at a goal kick.

The Cook foul looked nasty to me at the time as I was stood in the lower loft and it happened in front of us. Should have been a red as it was reckless and violent with two feet off the ground and no intention to play the ball.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

This is us – Report on 22:56 - Jan 7 with 4831 viewsstainrods_elbow

Hardly a 'humiliation', but bitterly disappointing nonetheless, given the first half and irrespective of the quality of the opponent (though the latter should probably have been at least on terms by the interval). MC seems to have done a 180 degree turn on his assessment of his squad - 'good players' a few weeks back when beating Preston to signalling impotently to the Board because his methods don't work this weekend. To me, that's pathological, perplexing, defeated and deeply worrying - in short, he's clearly been QPRed to f*ckery. As ever, however, we've not the faintest as to what conversations are going on in the club, however

While I agree that we should be releasing as many out-of-contract players as possible this summer, I also feel, if our performances deteriorate or flatline between now and the end of the season, I wouldn't necessarily be that bothered whether Marti stays or walks. A lot will depend, if we drop, on what he wants and what's been discussed of course. This week, for whatever it's worth, he seems convinced he'll still keep us in the division, but promises in pro football might has well be written on a whore's panties.

Finally, the idea that the club was right to charge £25 for this game and thus ensure barely 7,000 Rs turned up (presumably minus missing season ticket holders) is risible in the bigger scheme of things when linked to its wider financial predicament. So much for the magic of the FA Cup! This is a clueless club that hires and fires managers at will and has presumably racked up severance payments of hundreds of thousands of £, and the same club, lest we forget, that can't even find a tiny sum to add the lettering to the Stanley Bowles Stand to honour a club legend. It's laughable and shameful and shameless and embarrassing all at once, run by cretins who don't deserve us.
[Post edited 7 Jan 22:59]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

This is us – Report on 23:02 - Jan 7 with 4821 viewsdaveB

Digging out Armstrong I think was his way of trying to get everyone to take responsibility, as good as he was first half it was poor from him to lose his man so easily

I thought it was interesting hearing him talk about Armstrong after the game and how they have worked hard on him not getting caught offside, his last 2 starts have been a big plus and he's looked impressive, hopefully he can kick on now after that goal
This is us – Report on 23:46 - Jan 7 with 4631 viewsSydneyRs

This is us – Report on 23:02 - Jan 7 by daveB

Digging out Armstrong I think was his way of trying to get everyone to take responsibility, as good as he was first half it was poor from him to lose his man so easily

I thought it was interesting hearing him talk about Armstrong after the game and how they have worked hard on him not getting caught offside, his last 2 starts have been a big plus and he's looked impressive, hopefully he can kick on now after that goal

It was a brilliantly taken goal which reminded me of prime Les Ferdinand. If only he could start producing that sort of thing on a regular basis we'd have half a chance. Hopefully he takes confidence from it.

The gulf between prem and championship is huge thanks to money. Sunderland, who are not a bad side for this division, were getting absolutely schooled by an out of form Newcastle when I watched that game the other night. I was amazed at how one sided it was given it was the first local derby in a long time and Newcastle have been struggling in the league recently.
This is us – Report on 07:24 - Jan 8 with 4154 viewsGaryBannister86

I wonder if Sinclair's embarrassingly over the top celebrations were part of Marti's irritation with him?

Love Sinclair, always have done, but I thought it was way OTT to celebrate for so long and doesn't really smack of being a team player. We had only gone 1-0 up early in a game, wasn't the last minute winner in the semi final.

Other than that, I thought he was brilliant first half and everything we hope / need him to be.
This is us – Report on 08:33 - Jan 8 with 3947 viewsGaryBannister86

This is us – Report on 22:32 - Jan 7 by OldPedro

I think Armstrong did get booked for dissent after he complained to the assistant about a goal kick that should have been a corner from the Dykes chance after 72 minutes. It was clearly a corner but assistant didn't signal so ref guessed at a goal kick.

The Cook foul looked nasty to me at the time as I was stood in the lower loft and it happened in front of us. Should have been a red as it was reckless and violent with two feet off the ground and no intention to play the ball.

His only intention was to bring Armstrong down as he knew he was cooked.

In this awful modern world of VAR rubbish, to me the best rule change that could be introduced would be that ANY deliberate foul is a straight red card. After all, it is deliberate cheating.

I am sick of these "earning a yellow for the team" rubbish. It is deliberate fouling, against the spirit and laws of the game. Fouls should only ever be accidents. Clear deliberate cheating = red card.
This is us – Report on 09:20 - Jan 8 with 3810 viewsbosh67

To be fair Begs made an incredible double save before the second goal, really top stuff. He didn't cover himself in glory at the corner but it was another group failing. 6 foot 5 Moore crept to the near post like a giant ghost unhindered by anyone. It's the defender's job to shackle him.

With the side Marti was able to muster it was a half decent effort undone by a Prem team on a very good run with single players worth more than our entire squad.

On a plus note I actually thought Dozzell had one of his better games. Not a very high bar I admit, but he played much better than most others in hoops on the day.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

This is us – Report on 09:42 - Jan 8 with 3733 viewsWatford_Ranger

This is us – Report on 08:33 - Jan 8 by GaryBannister86

His only intention was to bring Armstrong down as he knew he was cooked.

In this awful modern world of VAR rubbish, to me the best rule change that could be introduced would be that ANY deliberate foul is a straight red card. After all, it is deliberate cheating.

I am sick of these "earning a yellow for the team" rubbish. It is deliberate fouling, against the spirit and laws of the game. Fouls should only ever be accidents. Clear deliberate cheating = red card.

I think it could be more nuanced. A shirt pull or something not dangerous to stop a break should still be just a yellow. It’s annoying but think a red would be going too far. Your classic Colback lunge because he’s miles away from a quicker player or that on Saturday should be stamped out.

And yeah definitely a yellow for Armstrong. Livescore didn’t pick it up either.
[Post edited 8 Jan 9:42]
Login to get fewer ads

This is us – Report on 09:47 - Jan 8 with 3701 viewsTheChef

This is us – Report on 07:24 - Jan 8 by GaryBannister86

I wonder if Sinclair's embarrassingly over the top celebrations were part of Marti's irritation with him?

Love Sinclair, always have done, but I thought it was way OTT to celebrate for so long and doesn't really smack of being a team player. We had only gone 1-0 up early in a game, wasn't the last minute winner in the semi final.

Other than that, I thought he was brilliant first half and everything we hope / need him to be.

Cheers for another great report Clive - was it ever thus. But we all knew at half time the onslaught that was going to come; "keep it tight the first fifteen lads!" Doh.

At FT Armstrong seemed to spend five minutes on his haunches in the Loft End penalty area, looking as if this cup defeat was the end of the world. Great to know he cares, but it's not as if we'd just been relegated! (er, yet...).

And yes I'm convinced also he got booked for abusing the assistant referee.

Sadly I don't think Drewe or Talla are going to make it at this level (Talla's only action of note was tackling a team mate!). Hard to say with Pedder given how few minutes he got, would like to see more of him. And hopefully the players have worked about by now that if Adomah is on the pitch, you need to pass directly to his feet. Otherwise he ain't going to get the ball.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

This is us – Report on 09:49 - Jan 8 with 3693 viewsNorthernr

This is us – Report on 09:47 - Jan 8 by TheChef

Cheers for another great report Clive - was it ever thus. But we all knew at half time the onslaught that was going to come; "keep it tight the first fifteen lads!" Doh.

At FT Armstrong seemed to spend five minutes on his haunches in the Loft End penalty area, looking as if this cup defeat was the end of the world. Great to know he cares, but it's not as if we'd just been relegated! (er, yet...).

Sadly I don't think Drewe or Talla are going to make it at this level (Talla's only action of note was tackling a team mate!). Hard to say with Pedder given how few minutes he got, would like to see more of him. And hopefully the players have worked about by now that if Adomah is on the pitch, you need to pass directly to his feet. Otherwise he ain't going to get the ball.

Agree about Drewe, Talla I haven't seen enough of, Pedder I'd be amazed if he makes it at this level.

Apparently somebody who had an Armstrong booking in his acca at the weekend got paid out this morning so the report clearly had it in.
This is us – Report on 10:21 - Jan 8 with 3565 viewsNorthantsHoop

Good report as usual Clive, personally I can't see Cifuentes hanging around if we go down, he might even leave if we stay up especially if he has to toil away with this bunch of under performers staying at the club.
This is us – Report on 10:31 - Jan 8 with 3497 viewsHunterhoop

It would appear this is the 3rd manager inside a year who has lost patience with the players.

Critchley went early and hard publicly, having never really said much positive about them and having come from the same league with prior knowledge of them.

Ainsworth tried the super positive, praise them approach initially, but you could see from his body language how exasperated he was with them too. The “they can’t do it” comment about playing a high, man, press in close season was telling.

And now Cifuentes…calling out one player by name (Clive, agree with the unfairness here, but I wonder if this is linked to his contract situation and an agent’s demand for a salary increase), and visibility angry and frustrated with the squad as a whole, especially with corners.

Beale has a lot to answer for, but it didn’t start with him. He also was incredulous at what the players were allowed to get up to, like turning up on matchday when they wanted and in whatever gear they wanted, amongst other things.
This is us – Report on 10:32 - Jan 8 with 3491 viewsSilverfoxqpr

This is us – Report on 09:47 - Jan 8 by TheChef

Agree it's hard to tell with Pedder but being 4ft tall isn't going to help. He looked absolutely tiny.
This is us – Report on 10:47 - Jan 8 with 3425 viewsRangersw12

This is us – Report on 10:31 - Jan 8 by Hunterhoop

It would appear this is the 3rd manager inside a year who has lost patience with the players.

Critchley went early and hard publicly, having never really said much positive about them and having come from the same league with prior knowledge of them.

Ainsworth tried the super positive, praise them approach initially, but you could see from his body language how exasperated he was with them too. The “they can’t do it” comment about playing a high, man, press in close season was telling.

And now Cifuentes…calling out one player by name (Clive, agree with the unfairness here, but I wonder if this is linked to his contract situation and an agent’s demand for a salary increase), and visibility angry and frustrated with the squad as a whole, especially with corners.

Beale has a lot to answer for, but it didn’t start with him. He also was incredulous at what the players were allowed to get up to, like turning up on matchday when they wanted and in whatever gear they wanted, amongst other things.

I fear the rest of the season is going to catastrophic with the players downing tools now

As a club and fanbase we just need to be strong and not get sucked ito blaming the manager for everything , take our medicine and allow Marti to rebuild in the summer
This is us – Report on 11:02 - Jan 8 with 3370 viewsMarshy67

The second photo after the line in the match report...
referee Rebecca Welch went for a lighter shade...
Made me think of David Gates song If..
If a picture paints a thousand words....
This is us – Report on 11:07 - Jan 8 with 3358 viewsTheChef

I'm boring myself saying this but the next three games are critical. Must win at least two of them. And a Sunday midday kick off this weekend won't help much.

Otherwise, the remaining games will also be critical

This is us – Report on 11:08 - Jan 8 with 3349 viewsTheChef

This is us – Report on 10:31 - Jan 8 by Hunterhoop

Yeah there has to be something in him calling out Armstrong specifically - plenty of other players I'd have name checked before him.

This is us – Report on 11:08 - Jan 8 with 3348 viewsQPROslo

This is us – Report on 09:20 - Jan 8 by bosh67

To be fair Begs made an incredible double save before the second goal, really top stuff. He didn't cover himself in glory at the corner but it was another group failing. 6 foot 5 Moore crept to the near post like a giant ghost unhindered by anyone. It's the defender's job to shackle him.

With the side Marti was able to muster it was a half decent effort undone by a Prem team on a very good run with single players worth more than our entire squad.

On a plus note I actually thought Dozzell had one of his better games. Not a very high bar I admit, but he played much better than most others in hoops on the day.

Good you mention Begovic saves. They were excellent. He's made many this season. His distribution is good I think too, especially since Marti came in and has us building from the back. My iinitial impression of Moore's goal was that Fox was marking him and that he lost Moore when he moved towards the near post,, didn't think Begovic could get there through the crowd of bodies, but hearing Marti say Armstrong was at fault and seeing it again I'm really not sure. I would have thought our best defender in the air should have been marking Moore tight, and wouldn't have thought that was Sinclair.
This is us – Report on 11:19 - Jan 8 with 3301 viewskernowhoop

This is us – Report on 11:08 - Jan 8 by QPROslo

Good you mention Begovic saves. They were excellent. He's made many this season. His distribution is good I think too, especially since Marti came in and has us building from the back. My iinitial impression of Moore's goal was that Fox was marking him and that he lost Moore when he moved towards the near post,, didn't think Begovic could get there through the crowd of bodies, but hearing Marti say Armstrong was at fault and seeing it again I'm really not sure. I would have thought our best defender in the air should have been marking Moore tight, and wouldn't have thought that was Sinclair.

The weird thing is that most of the spectators have a better view of what is going on than Marti does from the bench/technical area.
This is us – Report on 11:25 - Jan 8 with 3278 viewsNoelmc

Loved the line on the ref's performance, 'Certainly a better performance than Joey Barton ever produced on this pitch'. Spot on!

Must admit I didn't like Marti calling out Sinclair, our best player on the day, for the first goal as it was a well-worked corner and other players far more at fault for the goals conceded. I hope it doesn't backfire on him.
This is us – Report on 11:37 - Jan 8 with 3208 viewsflynnbo

This is us – Report on 09:42 - Jan 8 by Watford_Ranger

I think it could be more nuanced. A shirt pull or something not dangerous to stop a break should still be just a yellow. It’s annoying but think a red would be going too far. Your classic Colback lunge because he’s miles away from a quicker player or that on Saturday should be stamped out.

And yeah definitely a yellow for Armstrong. Livescore didn’t pick it up either.
[Post edited 8 Jan 9:42]

I would overturn a free kick if the team tried to play a moving ball as it’s a blatant attempt to gain an unfair advantage. It would put an immediate end to it as well as quicken up the game.

Another bugbear of mine is the “draught excluder” which is an unnatural position for a player. They should alter the rules of the game to state that all outfield players must remain on their feet unless involved in a legitimate tackle.
This is us – Report on 13:24 - Jan 8 with 2786 viewsAntti_Heinola

I have to admit, I read MC’s comments about Sinclair differently to almost everyone else. He said ‘i felt sorry for him’ at least twice, as if to ameliorate things, and also when you re-watch the goal, he IS fast asleep. There’s not much defence can be made there. But i felt like he was saying ‘he played well, so i was sorry he made a mistake that cost us a goal.’
He also talked about how important it was to have SA in the team and how it might have been different had he been fit against Cardiff, a huge compliment that no one else seems to have noticed. I actually didn’t think the comments about what he needs were even necessarily about a striker, although i can’t believe he doesn’t want one, because it came after discussing defending set pieces.

Bare bones.

This is us – Report on 13:29 - Jan 8 with 2755 viewsAntti_Heinola

This is us – Report on 11:08 - Jan 8 by QPROslo

Marti was talking about the first one, when SA was fast asleep for the first ball in.
Begovic’s distribution is not great. He’s extremely slow off his line, which causes unnecessary panic, and is often way too slow in releasing the ball.
I thought he was a good enough stop gap, which i guess he is, but I’m not impressed.

Bare bones.

This is us – Report on 13:45 - Jan 8 with 2683 viewsManinBlack

Great summary of events as usual. I suspect you also still thought, like me, we would lose at half time. Personally I felt Bournemouth played the first half like a friendly and they looked complacent. Clearly their manager had a go at half time and they went up through the gears and totally bossed it closing down the space we had in the first half. If they had played the first half in the same vein I very much doubt we have scored twice.

The frustration for me is we couldn't at least draw from the position we were in. If first division Blackpool can hold on 35 minutes away to Forest for a replay we should be able to do the same at home. The subs did look like a signal of intent to lose which seems to be our default mode. We won't add to our dreadful third round losses record next season as we we will be out in the first round.

So back to the grind of the Championship where we will face committed teams right from the start who will not play in first gear like Bournemouth did for 45 minutes. Let's see if we can build two goal first half leads against Watford, Millwall and Huddersfield.

The prices were ott but the fans are fairly subdued when it comes to protestations against the owners. If there were the sort of protests made at Everton and Man Utd that we have seen against their owners in the past, our board might not dare to overcharge. They probably sit there thinking the fans are on board that they cannot afford to invest in the team and the club needs more income because we don't make any protests. It gets mentioned that the players don't make enough fuss over incidents that go against us on the pitch but by the same token we don't make much noise about the way the club is being run. The owners, players and fans are largely quiet like we have accepted our future is crap and failure is inevitable.
This is us – Report on 14:19 - Jan 8 with 2548 viewsR_from_afar

This is us – Report on 13:24 - Jan 8 by Antti_Heinola

I have to admit, I read MC’s comments about Sinclair differently to almost everyone else. He said ‘i felt sorry for him’ at least twice, as if to ameliorate things, and also when you re-watch the goal, he IS fast asleep. There’s not much defence can be made there. But i felt like he was saying ‘he played well, so i was sorry he made a mistake that cost us a goal.’
He also talked about how important it was to have SA in the team and how it might have been different had he been fit against Cardiff, a huge compliment that no one else seems to have noticed. I actually didn’t think the comments about what he needs were even necessarily about a striker, although i can’t believe he doesn’t want one, because it came after discussing defending set pieces.

I think the other thing is that this season and last have shown that, barring huge slices of luck for the Rs, we need every player to be playing well and contributing both when we have the ball and when we don't for this team to win games. Everyone needs to be on their mettle for us to prosper because this is a thin, poor squad.

I also think back to how Guardiola was completely uncompromising with Aguero over his lack of effort when the opposition had the ball, even though Sergio was banging in the goals at a rate we can only dream of.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024