Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread vs the M team 07:08 - Jan 19 with 39936 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

Never started one before, so we have never lost yet when I’ve started one. Hoops 2 Lion Cubs 1. Saw a lot on Sunday to think we can nick this. Going with heart and head. I think. Perhaps. Maybe. Possibly.

DonnieR

Match Thread vs the M team on 19:43 - Jan 20 with 2210 viewsThird_Division_South

Match Thread vs the M team on 15:58 - Jan 20 by stainrods_elbow

I miss Nick and wonder how he's feeling. Usual thing in life: anyone with a bit of personality/individuality/quality who's willing to put his head above the parapet eventually gets shat on by all the mediocrities and passing sheep.

He was sitting in front of me in the paddock as he has for the last few games
Match Thread vs the M team on 19:58 - Jan 20 with 2105 viewsMick_S

Match Thread vs the M team on 19:43 - Jan 20 by Third_Division_South

He was sitting in front of me in the paddock as he has for the last few games

That’s good to hear.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Match Thread vs the M team on 20:08 - Jan 20 with 2063 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Strikers… scoring?

Dykes and Sinclair finding goals just at the right time it seems.
Match Thread vs the M team on 20:13 - Jan 20 with 2028 viewsed_83

Didn't watch the game, but never been happier to be proved wrong. Sounds like exactly the sort of performance we needed - gritty, determined, organised. We all know the shortcomings of this squad, but if they bring that attitude to games consistently then they'll have a chance. Huddersfield game feels absolutely massive now.
Match Thread vs the M team on 20:26 - Jan 20 with 1955 viewsNed_Kennedys

Just back from celebrating with a few pints in Mayfair.

Decent performance without being fantastic against a sh1t ‘Wall: good to get a comfortable win without playing particularly well.

Colback and Cook immense today: keep them both on the pitch and we have a chance.
JCS, Field and Chair played well: Dykes also excellent in his deeper role.
Thought Sinclair was having a subdued second half until he scored.
Willock good first half but poor second: other way around for Cannon.

Looking at the table bar another team having a complete meltdown our only hope is overtaking Huddersfield so next week is massive.
Match Thread vs the M team on 20:44 - Jan 20 with 1879 viewsslmrstid

Millwall were crap but thats not stopped us in losing this season.

Proper team performance, we outfought, out thought, and ultimately out played them. That said the first 20 minutes most of our players looked like they all hated each other.

Still think we'll probably go down, but I'd like to see a few more wins between now and May at the very least! Still, you never know.

Happy tonight anyway, made the train journey home much nicer!
Match Thread vs the M team on 20:47 - Jan 20 with 1868 viewsdavman

Slow start. Could not cope with their early press. My comment on this thread on Begovic was around how crap his distribution was. As others corrected me, it wasn't just him; Paal and Cannon were equally poor.

Until the goal, we were nervous both on and off the pitch; scoring first was a necessity. At the end of the game, I told my lad that it was actually comfortable, but, as always, it didn't feel that at the time. We really are limiting teams chances in open play and actually defended the set pieces very well today.

Not too convinced with Reggie over the last couple of games - decidedly dodgy defending and pretty poor going forward. He improved like the rest of the team, but him and Willock on the right looked as open as Kakay and Smyth at the start of the season. Can't help but think that there's more to come from him and I hope it comes soon.

On the other hand, Dykes was a revelation in that role and Armstrong finally showed some strikers instinct.

But special mentions to Colback and Field in the middle. Awesome. Disciplined, forward thinking. Excellent.

Cook and JCS class. Even Albert did ok when he came on.

A happy day.

Here's to more...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Match Thread vs the M team on 22:09 - Jan 20 with 1651 viewsbaz_qpr

Match Thread vs the M team on 16:58 - Jan 20 by lassel

New favourite moment of the season - Armstrong trying to kiss the badge, getting confused and kissing the manufacturer logo instead.

That just makes me love him even more, especially after the failed knee slide the other week
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread vs the M team on 22:38 - Jan 20 with 1525 viewsHooping_Mad

Good result, worried they are gonna reel me back in and leave me the dreaded hope again.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Match Thread vs the M team on 23:47 - Jan 20 with 1362 viewsQuillPenRiot

Match Thread vs the M team on 22:09 - Jan 20 by baz_qpr

That just makes me love him even more, especially after the failed knee slide the other week

The failed knee slide stopped my screams of joy with dying laughter
Match Thread vs the M team on 01:08 - Jan 21 with 1246 viewsMatch82

Match Thread vs the M team on 20:26 - Jan 20 by Ned_Kennedys

Just back from celebrating with a few pints in Mayfair.

Decent performance without being fantastic against a sh1t ‘Wall: good to get a comfortable win without playing particularly well.

Colback and Cook immense today: keep them both on the pitch and we have a chance.
JCS, Field and Chair played well: Dykes also excellent in his deeper role.
Thought Sinclair was having a subdued second half until he scored.
Willock good first half but poor second: other way around for Cannon.

Looking at the table bar another team having a complete meltdown our only hope is overtaking Huddersfield so next week is massive.

I think there will be a meltdown. There's 7 teams including Huddersfield within 8 points now. One of those 7 is going to sht the bed and we "just" have to win 3 more games than them -maybe two of them if Sheffield Wed pick up form. We probably need "top half" form between now and the end of the season which is a big ask, but if we do it, we'll reel one of them in.
Match Thread vs the M team on 15:50 - Jan 21 with 809 viewsBoston

Is Kolli injured, thought I'd see him on the bench?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Match Thread vs the M team on 16:02 - Jan 21 with 772 viewsDavieQPR

Match Thread vs the M team on 15:50 - Jan 21 by Boston

Is Kolli injured, thought I'd see him on the bench?

As long as he's not sitting in front of Third_Division_South in the Paddocks it doesn't really matter.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024