Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lyndon 17:08 - Jan 20 with 5137 viewsJimthehip

Great game today!

The advanced midfielder role really works for him! some quality close control touches, great passing and some great defensive work!

Possible MOTM but loads to pick from!
[Post edited 20 Jan 17:09]
Lyndon on 17:13 - Jan 20 with 4441 viewstraininvain

Good managers find a way to get the best out of players and Marti certainly seems to be getting the best out of Dykes. Reminds me a bit of the role Kevin Gallen played for us back in the day after his injury.
Lyndon on 17:14 - Jan 20 with 4427 viewsPaddyhoops

Excellent today. Colback my MOTM. Keep him fit we’ve got a chance.
Lyndon on 17:19 - Jan 20 with 4369 viewsderbyhoop

A few candidates for MOM, today.
Lyndon, Colback and Cook

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Lyndon on 17:19 - Jan 20 with 4372 viewsessextaxiboy

Lyndon on 17:14 - Jan 20 by Paddyhoops

I agree Colback best all round game for us IMO
Lyndon on 17:27 - Jan 20 with 4239 viewsaston_hoop

Love this new role for him, allows him to impact games so much more. He can easily get lost and become anonymous as a 9. Frees up Sincs to do a lot of running too. Colback obviously MOTM but fair play to Dykes and fair play to Cifuentes for the way he set us up

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Lyndon on 17:31 - Jan 20 with 4187 viewsFDC

His height in midfield is an asset, he's strong in the challenge, and his distribution is surprisingly good. Been saying it for weeks, he looks good in the role, and it's credit to him and Marti.

He's taken a lot stick, and you have to admire his attitude for sticking at it and never hiding
Lyndon on 17:33 - Jan 20 with 4121 viewsstainrods_elbow

Lyndon on 17:14 - Jan 20 by Paddyhoops

Ay, and there's the rub. That was our full strength side out today , Smyth's ridiculous injury notwithstanding, and we're bound to lose one or more of Cook/Colback/Field at some stage. Take out Armstrong, for example, and who's going to come in? I'd say, if we can't bring in at least two or three loans this month as cover, we're more likely to sink than get out of it for that reason alone. Then again, beat Huddersfield, and it's game (gulpingly) on!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Lyndon on 17:54 - Jan 20 with 3925 viewsQPunkR

Didn't watch today but the last couple of games Dykes has been an improvement playing deeper (shock horror) away from the opposition goal

QPR - "shit but local"

Login to get fewer ads

Lyndon on 17:57 - Jan 20 with 3875 viewsAntti_Heinola

Lyndon on 17:54 - Jan 20 by QPunkR

Didn't watch today but the last couple of games Dykes has been an improvement playing deeper (shock horror) away from the opposition goal

And actually being more of a goal threat. Four efforts today, none apart from the one that bounced wide were that troubling but if he has 4 shots/headers per game he’ll score a few

Bare bones.

Lyndon on 18:04 - Jan 20 with 3792 viewsJimthehip

Lyndon on 17:57 - Jan 20 by Antti_Heinola

And actually being more of a goal threat. Four efforts today, none apart from the one that bounced wide were that troubling but if he has 4 shots/headers per game he’ll score a few

Yes I felt this also. He was able to get into "the pockets" and got some shots off

He is great at defending from the front as well
Lyndon on 18:06 - Jan 20 with 3773 viewsdanehoop

Its odd really isn't it? It's like someone has been coaching the team or something daft.

Never knowingly understood

Lyndon on 18:15 - Jan 20 with 3710 viewsChrisNW6

Lyndon on 18:06 - Jan 20 by danehoop

Its odd really isn't it? It's like someone has been coaching the team or something daft.

Coaching from the touchline was great today with Marti jumping on the spot telling players to stay on toes for a Millwall corner and the players immediately started doing the same, we were really solid today.
Lyndon on 18:20 - Jan 20 with 3648 views100percent

Dykes was always speaking with sinclair too - telling him where to be and what to do.
So pleased that sinclair scored a poachers goal - being in the right place at the right time.
Lyndon on 18:24 - Jan 20 with 3584 viewsstainrods_elbow

Lyndon on 18:06 - Jan 20 by danehoop

Yes, and one in the eye for all those saying we're f*cked because the players are irredeemably sh*te (which is another way of pretending coaching doesn't matter) - and who will hopefully now have the humility to admit it. Newflash: They aren't, and it does.
[Post edited 20 Jan 18:25]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Lyndon on 18:48 - Jan 20 with 3478 viewsnumptydumpty

Marti Cifuentes has tried a few new ideas.

Dykes has been extremely decent in a withdrawn role, his flick ons and control have been impressive.

Great control and ball to Willock who goes onto assist the first goal from there.

And as others have said, has actually had more goal attempts than when furrowing a lone striker role.

As have said before Marti does seem to have an eye for what could work and tries things a little left field as opposed to so many coaches who really often have no plan B.

Definitely pleased for Dykes as he has had so much shyte from many fans on here but again he is never one that doesn't try and fair play to him and Cifuentes for noticing other qualities in Dykes that previous incumbents were so one dimensional.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Lyndon on 18:58 - Jan 20 with 3410 viewsJamesB1979

Lyndon on 17:57 - Jan 20 by Antti_Heinola

Agree. He doesn’t have a natural goal scorers instinct ie. Creating space to be in right position for a cross, so maybe playing slightly deeper is right for him.
Lyndon on 19:14 - Jan 20 with 3318 viewsVancouverHoop

Lyndon on 18:15 - Jan 20 by ChrisNW6

Coaching from the touchline was great today with Marti jumping on the spot telling players to stay on toes for a Millwall corner and the players immediately started doing the same, we were really solid today.

Yeah. I was a little worried when he lost his rag early on and picked up a card (?) But it didn't seem to affect the team. Maybe it was calculated, but that doesn't seem his style.
Lyndon on 04:59 - Jan 21 with 2893 viewsThe_Beast1976

Lyndon on 18:24 - Jan 20 by stainrods_elbow

Yes, and one in the eye for all those saying we're f*cked because the players are irredeemably sh*te (which is another way of pretending coaching doesn't matter) - and who will hopefully now have the humility to admit it. Newflash: They aren't, and it does.

Lyndon on 07:14 - Jan 21 with 2727 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Dykes playing a little deeper makes it really difficult for the opposition centre backs to deal with. Do they go forward and deal with his physical threat, but risk leaving Armstrong 1 on 1. Or stay and risk having the midfielder unable to deal with him.

Really good coaching. I like Marti alot.
Lyndon on 07:40 - Jan 21 with 2619 viewsdmm

Agree with these comments on Dykes and I've been surprised at the ability he's showing when on the ball in this new role. That said, I think it's a stopgap plan for him and the team.
Lyndon on 08:52 - Jan 21 with 2459 viewsBluce_Ree

Lyndon on 18:24 - Jan 20 by stainrods_elbow

One swallow doesn't make a summer and one win against Millwall doesn't stop us undoing the good work and losing to Huddersfield. But for now I'm happy to admit these players might not be as irredeemably shit as the data suggests.

Marti is 100% the man though.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Lyndon on 09:01 - Jan 21 with 2421 viewsstevec

Lyndon on 07:40 - Jan 21 by dmm

Agree with these comments on Dykes and I've been surprised at the ability he's showing when on the ball in this new role. That said, I think it's a stopgap plan for him and the team.

Must admit, I’d never have dreamt of him in this role. Doing ok so far.
Lyndon on 09:07 - Jan 21 with 2398 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Never been a fan of Lyndon and I sure do post everytine he's poor so it's only right to post when he puts in a good one and I will happily eat my words if he turns it around and keeps going like this. That was a good performance, lot more effective for us in the position he played yesterday.
Lyndon on 09:40 - Jan 21 with 2290 viewstkqpr

A tremendous performance and showed great skill in that overhead flick and lay out to Willock for the first goal.

Marti has spotted something there no other manager managed to and dare i say it Lyndon prefers it?

When i first saw him there i thought it was a good fit, just like Newcastle did with Joel Linton, thought they were buying him as a striker, soon was disappointed and so dropped him deeper where he has more of a significant influence on the game and as pointed out already arrives late and finds pockets more frequently.

Our "Joel Lyndon" as Jam Pat says
Lyndon on 09:52 - Jan 21 with 2252 viewsMetallica_Hoop

He seemed to be everywhere yesterday much better than seeing him alone and lonely up top like Kermit.

As memory serves he made a great defensive tackle at one point too.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024