Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will we stay up? 21:20 - Jan 21 with 5712 viewsOakR

Will we stay up?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Will we stay up?

Will we stay up? on 21:22 - Jan 21 with 4123 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Option 3: Too early to tell. It's January for Fugg's sake.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Will we stay up? on 21:23 - Jan 21 with 4110 viewsOakR

So huge game next Sunday of course, but what do we think. Squad unlikely to change much, or the manager.

I think we will do it. We are much harder to beat now, properly coached and do have some quality in the team, some leaders (when fit) etc.

I'd have no faith without Marti, but with him, I think we will do it. The lack of chances other teams are getting from open play is a great sign I think, hopefully we sort set pieces out and we have a sound base.

What do you think / yes or no?

Will we stay up? on 21:25 - Jan 21 with 4098 viewsOakR

Well you can't make your prediction in May Brian! It's early, but not that early, we're 28 games in!

Will we stay up? on 21:26 - Jan 21 with 4086 viewsQPsyR

I really hope so :-)
Amazing what a win does

Huddersfield is a massive game. Let's hope x

FKA AcidPixie

Will we stay up? on 21:28 - Jan 21 with 4067 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Will we stay up? on 21:25 - Jan 21 by OakR

Well you can't make your prediction in May Brian! It's early, but not that early, we're 28 games in!

I'm sorry Oak, I really am.

But it's January.

I have no more to add.

Will we stay up? on 21:42 - Jan 21 with 4024 viewsOakR

Fair enough Brian!

Will we stay up? on 21:56 - Jan 21 with 3957 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Will we stay up? on 21:42 - Jan 21 by OakR

Fair enough Brian!

Much love.

Will we stay up? on 22:39 - Jan 21 with 3825 viewsAntti_Heinola

Can we? Yes.
Will we?
Probably not.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Will we stay up? on 22:42 - Jan 21 with 3809 viewsNorthernr

I think you've got to win this next game. I'm not usually that sort in January to be talking about must win games but you lose it at home to Huddersfield and not only is the nearest team to you six points ahead, but the mental impact it will have... You've got to win this Sunday. If we do, and we go level on points and above them then it's possible. Blackburn should be winnable but we never do so won't. Then Norwich becomes huge - I don't think they're that good. You've got Rotherham coming up...

It's now or never basically, with our March fixtures the way we are. This Sunday is enormous.
Will we stay up? on 22:51 - Jan 21 with 3783 viewsted_hendrix

We never seem to win the games against teams that are close to us, It's no good saying this Is a winnable game or that Is a winnable game.
Yesterdays result was great but It's history now.
I'm still lacking positivity, I can't help It, been here before as most of us have.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Will we stay up? on 23:00 - Jan 21 with 3734 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Will we stay up? on 22:42 - Jan 21 by Northernr

I think you've got to win this next game. I'm not usually that sort in January to be talking about must win games but you lose it at home to Huddersfield and not only is the nearest team to you six points ahead, but the mental impact it will have... You've got to win this Sunday. If we do, and we go level on points and above them then it's possible. Blackburn should be winnable but we never do so won't. Then Norwich becomes huge - I don't think they're that good. You've got Rotherham coming up...

It's now or never basically, with our March fixtures the way we are. This Sunday is enormous.

Stick to your beliefs.

But also stick to the maths.

It's not now or never.

It's not.

Will we stay up? on 23:05 - Jan 21 with 3711 viewsNorthernr

Will we stay up? on 23:00 - Jan 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Stick to your beliefs.

But also stick to the maths.

It's not now or never.

It's not.

As you know, I have no belief in this team.
Will we stay up? on 23:17 - Jan 21 with 3672 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Will we stay up? on 23:05 - Jan 21 by Northernr

As you know, I have no belief in this team.

I do. I am listening.

Will we stay up? on 23:20 - Jan 21 with 3655 viewscolinallcars

Will we stay up? on 21:22 - Jan 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Option 3: Too early to tell. It's January for Fugg's sake.

Ah Brian, how quickly January can meld into subsequent months.
I'm not voting though.

Will we stay up? on 23:38 - Jan 21 with 3583 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Will we stay up? on 23:20 - Jan 21 by colinallcars

Ah Brian, how quickly January can meld into subsequent months.
I'm not voting though.

Christ, Colin.

Don't do that to me.

Will we stay up? on 23:46 - Jan 21 with 3553 viewscolinallcars

Will we stay up? on 23:38 - Jan 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Christ, Colin.

Don't do that to me.

You're welcome, mate….
Will we stay up? on 23:52 - Jan 21 with 3548 viewsOakR

Absolutely. Had a look at the Huddersfield board Boston linked to - small sample of course - but they seem to think if they end up in the bottom 3 they won't get out, so as you say mentally for players and supporters this is huge.

In a nod to Brian, lose and I don't think we are doomed but in huge trouble, win though and it will feel veey different, so I agree this really is a must win as the implications are huge.

I'm an eternal optimist, but I do feel MArti has them all believing, and can come up with a plan even when our best players are absent. Key that Cook plays a good percentage of games though I think.

I was interested to see what people thought as we were so doom and gloom not that long ago, to see how far people think we have changed.

Will we stay up? on 00:19 - Jan 22 with 3521 viewsVancouverHoop

Is it OK not to care, or more accurately, not to care that much?

Maybe because I grew up watching "amateur" football when there was no promotion/relegation it's still the way I feel. Then it was just the 'Saturday Match.' What you did once, or twice, a week for a couple of hours. You talked about the result going home on the bus with your best mate, then did other stuff. For a multitude of reasons it seems bigger... more important, these days. But really it's not. It's still just twenty-two blokes kicking a ball around for ninety minutes with a few thousand other silly buggers watching them.
Will we stay up? on 01:11 - Jan 22 with 3438 viewsBoston

Believe.

This isn't Father Christmas.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Will we stay up? on 01:27 - Jan 22 with 3428 viewsMatch82

We'll draw because it's the most irritating outcome in terms of us knowing how to feel.
Will we stay up? on 01:39 - Jan 22 with 3412 viewsBrisbaneR

I just added a Yes vote, based almost entirely on Marti's impact. I know he's not on the pitch, but he seems to have enough of the players buying into his way of doing things to drag them over the line.
But then again, I started a recent thread complaining I couldn't get a price for us to finish in the top six, so my opinion shouldn't really carry much weight.
Will we stay up? on 12:02 - Jan 22 with 3155 viewsQPRConor2000

Its too soon to say, a lot can change in 18 games.

If we win on Sunday, then maybe we can start to believe we can get out of the situation we are in.

Id say we need at least 6 or 7 wins and we will be safe.
[Post edited 22 Jan 12:03]
Will we stay up? on 12:05 - Jan 22 with 3147 viewsloftus77

No.
Will we stay up? on 12:07 - Jan 22 with 3142 viewsdm97

Will we stay up? on 01:39 - Jan 22 by BrisbaneR

I just added a Yes vote, based almost entirely on Marti's impact. I know he's not on the pitch, but he seems to have enough of the players buying into his way of doing things to drag them over the line.
But then again, I started a recent thread complaining I couldn't get a price for us to finish in the top six, so my opinion shouldn't really carry much weight.

This run to mid Feb won’t guarantee safety but it could guarantee L1. Sorry but disagree with the whole “it’s never now or never”. For a single game that is right, but the run of games we are on at the moment defines the season: from Cardiff at home through to Rotherham at home (Feb 24th) just look at the games. We cant be safe by then but we can certainly be cut adrift to the point that L1 is inevitable.

By end of feb I think we’ll have a very good picture of next season.

Edit: apologies meant to reply to Brian!
[Post edited 22 Jan 12:07]
Will we stay up? on 15:54 - Jan 22 with 2867 viewskensalriser

Beating Huddersfield and getting out of the drop zone will give the team a psychological boost that would be arguably more important than the points.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024