Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Klopp off 10:47 - Jan 26 with 11384 viewssupahoopsa

End of this season

Coming to the Rrrr's?

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

Klopp off on 16:17 - Jan 26 with 1794 viewsPhildo

I will go with a conspiracy theory that the glare from his and Souness teeth at Liverpool events has caused long lasting internal damage so he has to spend a couple of years in a darkened room
Klopp off on 16:28 - Jan 26 with 1762 viewsJuzzie

Been there nearly 10 years. It was always going to be sooner rather than later. No real surprise though I reckon most of SE England and Asia is reeling at the news.
Klopp off on 16:39 - Jan 26 with 1714 viewsPunteR

Klopp off on 15:53 - Jan 26 by kensalriser

Cream in its heyday was something to behold.

Took a US DJ there circa 1994 and was asked before his set what kind of style the crowd was into. I had one word for him: piano. Cue slightly strange look. Early in the set he drops a tune with a big piano break, room erupts with every pair of hands in the air, big laugh from the DJ.

Scouse House.

Who was the DJ?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Klopp off on 16:44 - Jan 26 with 1696 viewsngbqpr

Klopp off on 16:39 - Jan 26 by PunteR

Scouse House.

Who was the DJ?

Evens DJ Pierre

3-1 Roger S

8-1 AVH / Todd the God

...now guess which label Kensal worked for bitd :)

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Klopp off on 16:47 - Jan 26 with 1680 viewsLongRanger

I get the impression Klopp is a little like Warnock....you dislike him when at another club, but love him when at your own, he's a wind up merchant. I don't like him as a person, but admire where he has taken them from and to, huge impact.

What I find most amusing is that he doesn't seem to have proven to them that the obsession with 'the boot room' is nonsense. Alonso favourite, after one successful job, even Gerrard is 5th favourite. De Zerbi is surely the best candidate for that job, but they love a returning old boy even more than we do.
Klopp off on 16:49 - Jan 26 with 1675 viewsngbqpr

Klopp off on 15:25 - Jan 26 by GaryBannister86

Joe, my thoughts exactly. I hate those plastic fans so much, all of them, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man U blah blah.

I can't even talk football with them. It's two different things, they just don't understand and I have no clue what their "passion" really is.

If someone ask me if I am a football fan, I say no, I'm a QPR fan. Then I don't have to talk to some Arsenal tosser who once got tickets and took pictures the whole game whilst wearing a half and half scarf.
[Post edited 26 Jan 15:25]

Every successful club in every era attracts plastics. This happened before Sky / the Prem too. Seeing the average age of LFW punters on that recent poll, there will be a lot of us who grew up with a bunch of Leeds fans in our class at school despite being down south.

LFC / MUFC attract the most as they've had the most sustained success.

Doesn't mean they don't both have a shedload of genuine fans who are...guess what... pretty much like us.

We didn't ask the Ji Sung Park stalkers to come to W12, but there they were regardless.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Klopp off on 16:59 - Jan 26 with 1644 viewsAntti_Heinola

Klopp off on 13:54 - Jan 26 by traininvain

Best manager currently in the Premiership imo. His net spend at Liverpool is less than a third of Guardiola’s. And he inherited a far weaker squad. This was the first XI he picked at the club:

Mignolet
Moreno
Sakho
Skrtel
Clyne
Lucas
Can
Milner
Coutinho
Lallana
Origi

They’d finished 6th the season before he joined, 25 points off city. He’s beaten Ferguson’s record point total in a season a couple of times and been very unlucky to only win one title.

In 2019, Liverpool finished on 97pts with only one loss all season and still finished second because City have created an unfair advantage by making a mockery of FFP.

Agree that he’s bitched and moaned in recent times but that’s because he’s essentially trying to beat a club that have cheated (115 charges etc) to get ahead. I’d be fuming if I was in his shoes.

Net spend is preached as the be all and end all, but there are caveats. If Man City or Chelsea go in for a player the price immediately doubles or triples because everyone knows the wealth. They then have to pay that if they want the player.

Bare bones.

Klopp off on 17:06 - Jan 26 with 1590 viewsKonk

Klopp was going to announce this last week, but LFC didn't want the story being overshadowed by a Brentford player returning from suspension. Very wise.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Login to get fewer ads

Klopp off on 17:09 - Jan 26 with 1546 viewsloftboy

Scousers haven’t been this gutted since the invention of the locking wheel nut!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Klopp off on 17:14 - Jan 26 with 1528 viewstraininvain

Klopp off on 16:59 - Jan 26 by Antti_Heinola

Net spend is preached as the be all and end all, but there are caveats. If Man City or Chelsea go in for a player the price immediately doubles or triples because everyone knows the wealth. They then have to pay that if they want the player.

Possibly but let’s not forget that both City and Chelsea have been charged with circumnavigating FFP including accusations of under the table payments to the families and agents of players to secure the best talent in the world.

It’s difficult to know exactly how much they’ve spent when you have clubs being charged with not disclosing contractual payments to managers and players.

E.g. City signed Haaland for circa £50m by triggering his release clause which is fair enough but given their track record we don’t actually know whether other inducements were made to persuade Haaland to join City.
Klopp off on 17:21 - Jan 26 with 1498 viewsngbqpr

Klopp off on 16:59 - Jan 26 by Antti_Heinola

Equally, offloading Coutinho when Barca were desperate and investing the ridiculously inflated fee on Alisson and VVD was game-changing net spend business.

Klopp off on 17:31 - Jan 26 with 1466 viewstraininvain

Klopp off on 17:21 - Jan 26 by ngbqpr

Equally, offloading Coutinho when Barca were desperate and investing the ridiculously inflated fee on Alisson and VVD was game-changing net spend business.

They had a touch with Coutinho off the back of a good season under Klopp and reinvested the money very well signing players like VVD and Allison who helped take them up a level.

I’m sure Liverpool fans would argue that VVD and Allison were worth every penny and more.

But surely knowing when to sell a key player for big money to reinvest in the squad is just good transfer business. It’s not like they did anything bent unless I’m missing something.
Klopp off on 17:40 - Jan 26 with 1446 viewsngbqpr

Klopp off on 17:31 - Jan 26 by traininvain

They had a touch with Coutinho off the back of a good season under Klopp and reinvested the money very well signing players like VVD and Allison who helped take them up a level.

I’m sure Liverpool fans would argue that VVD and Allison were worth every penny and more.

But surely knowing when to sell a key player for big money to reinvest in the squad is just good transfer business. It’s not like they did anything bent unless I’m missing something.

Yeh, that's exactly what I'm saying - in reply to Antti's suggestion that net spend can be over-hyped up.

Klopp off on 17:45 - Jan 26 with 1417 viewsPunteR

Klopp off on 16:44 - Jan 26 by ngbqpr

Evens DJ Pierre

3-1 Roger S

8-1 AVH / Todd the God

...now guess which label Kensal worked for bitd :)

Strictly Rhythm ?

Klopp off on 17:47 - Jan 26 with 1408 viewstraininvain

Klopp off on 17:40 - Jan 26 by ngbqpr

Yeh, that's exactly what I'm saying - in reply to Antti's suggestion that net spend can be over-hyped up.

Ah sorry mate I was a bit slow on the uptake there!
Klopp off on 17:48 - Jan 26 with 1406 viewsngbqpr

Klopp off on 17:45 - Jan 26 by PunteR

Strictly Rhythm ?

Let's just say if you spot someone walking down Ellerslie in a vintage Strictly bomber jacket and shout 'oi, Kensal!', you will get a nod of recognition / appreciation.

Klopp off on 17:54 - Jan 26 with 1396 viewsPunteR

Klopp off on 17:48 - Jan 26 by ngbqpr

Let's just say if you spot someone walking down Ellerslie in a vintage Strictly bomber jacket and shout 'oi, Kensal!', you will get a nod of recognition / appreciation.

Klopp off on 18:31 - Jan 26 with 1334 viewsHayesender

Minute silence and black armbands all around this weekend

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Klopp off on 18:35 - Jan 26 with 1322 viewsToast_R

Liverpool fans actually calling for Gerrard as their next manager.😆 Please let that happen. Please let him also recruit "the brains" behind his only success in Snake Beale as his assistant. That would be GOLD.
Klopp off on 19:34 - Jan 26 with 1243 viewsPunteR

Klopp off on 17:48 - Jan 26 by ngbqpr

So thats a Strictly Records bomber jacket wearing bloke plus a Stress Records geezer carrying a Renaissance poster around, I need to look out for down the Bush.

Klopp off on 21:10 - Jan 26 with 1144 viewsMalintabuk

Makes perfect sense now why Ains left and decided to take a year off.... he was given the nod about Klopp.... heard it here first
Klopp off on 23:16 - Jan 26 with 1024 viewsngbqpr

Klopp off on 19:34 - Jan 26 by PunteR

So thats a Strictly Records bomber jacket wearing bloke plus a Stress Records geezer carrying a Renaissance poster around, I need to look out for down the Bush.

Got 2 for you now to make up for the delay

Klopp off on 08:16 - Jan 27 with 915 viewshubble

Klopp off on 13:45 - Jan 26 by ngbqpr

I'm with you Goblin.

Big fan of Klopp. Yeh he's been an ar$ehole now and again - haven't we all. Arguably he's getting out because he's aware of getting too ratty.

Liverpool as a club are just another faceless big boy team that I don't think about much - but I enjoy watching quality football at any level, and more often than not I've enjoyed watching Klopp's teams play.

On a personal level I love the city of Liverpool and have enjoyed the company of many scousers. Detest some of the really nasty stuff that is spouted from so many quarters about the city / people.

"On a personal level I love the city of Liverpool and have enjoyed the company of many scousers. Detest some of the really nasty stuff that is spouted from so many quarters about the city / people."

Just to counter this slightly: my own experience of Liverpool comes from when I went to university there. Granted this was in the early 80s, but my view of them isn't quite so misty-eyed.

When I arrived at Lime Street station, the first thing I saw, painted in six-foot-high letters on the opposite platform, were the words: Cockneys Will Die.

In the first pub I went into, I ordered a pint of lager. The raddled Kenny Dalglish clone propping up the bar next to me turned round, looked at me with utter contempt, and said: You're a fcking cockerney. When I tried to explain to this prime example of Scouse hospitality that I was in fact from West London and therefore not actually a 'cockerney' (ok, obv I was winding him up, I didn't actually expect him to understand the fine difference), he simply repeated, with as much venom as he could muster: you're a fcking cockerney.

And during my time there, I was often refused service in pubs, simply because of my Lunnun accent. A typical exchange:
A pint of lager please.
You what?
A pint of lager please.
You what?
A pint of lager please.
You what?

Now I accept that Liverpool at that time was extremely impoverished. Indeed, you could walk past street after street without seeing a single car. And in Tescos when I went to pay they'd often say: how much 'ave you got love? I'd pay whatever I thought I could afford. This was also the first time I'd seen a fully barred-up off licence counter. The Toxteth riots happened while I was there. Oh, and very poignantly, I was also there when John Lennon died.

Nevertheless, the sheer hatred and prejudice I experienced - no matter whether it might have been 'justified' or not - did not exactly endear me to the lovely Scousers. And having lived there, I can understand why there is an equal and opposite reaction, that means in some quarters, Scousers are detested.

As for Klopp, I've long thought him to be an absolute arse, so far up himself that he believes he has the authority to pronounce not just on football matters, but on politics and society in general. Dry your eyes, my scouse friends!

[Post edited 27 Jan 8:20]

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Klopp off on 08:52 - Jan 27 with 865 viewstraininvain

Good to see that Liverpool fans are taking it well.

Klopp off on 10:01 - Jan 27 with 801 viewsPunteR

Klopp off on 23:16 - Jan 26 by ngbqpr

Got 2 for you now to make up for the delay

Im only pulling your leg mate. We'll meet up soon.
I'm actually doing a little feature going through loads of labels from back in the day. So far I've done Positiva and Cleveland City. Guerrilla up next but working my way to Stress of course.
Might be nice to tie in a QPR game that Saturday.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024