Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Aaron Drewe - he did his job 17:10 - Jan 28 with 8906 viewsnumptydumpty

Ridiculous amount of criticism for Aaron Drewe

Came into the game early and can't remember the last match he was involved in.

And was up against their most creative player by a country mile and the effect of Thomas was limited throughout.

Ok he is not good at the forward play but he is a defender and also considering he had only Willock in front of him on that side, he did OK.

Weird that a lot of fans jumping on his back.

Fourteen other players on the pitch who more experienced and basically did Jack sh*t themselves but lump on the young guy coming on in his first game for long time who did what he had to do.

I feared the worst with Cannon coming off after 20 minutes or so but despite Thomas being their greatest threat, they were like us fighting on scraps...

Well done Aaron I say.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 09:51 - Jan 30 with 1465 viewsAntti_Heinola

Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 19:17 - Jan 28 by lassel

I mean how many crosses did we get in down the right in the space Thomas wasn’t tracking back into - albeit I accept the fact that nobody in this team can cross of course made the need for him to track back greatly diminished.

Nobody in this team can cross, except for the four crosses that should have been goals that Chair put in. Willock also put in at least 2 very decent ones.

Bare bones.

Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 09:52 - Jan 30 with 1463 viewsAntti_Heinola

Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 20:58 - Jan 28 by mart_Goblin

He certainly blocked more than were delivered, which is the first rule of a defender . Block the cross

Honestly, we're watching different games. Thomas either crossed it or got a corner every single time he got the ball second half, except for once when Smyth doubled up on him.

Bare bones.

Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 09:57 - Jan 30 with 1428 viewsfrancisbowles

Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 09:52 - Jan 30 by Antti_Heinola

Honestly, we're watching different games. Thomas either crossed it or got a corner every single time he got the ball second half, except for once when Smyth doubled up on him.

Does it not count as a blocked cross if it goes for a corner, Antti?
Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 09:59 - Jan 30 with 1421 viewsterryb

The corners were due to Drewe blocking the cross. Isn't that what he's meant to do?

IMO Thomas was the best player on the pitch & Drewe was our best player. Not that he had to perform that well for me to give him that accolade!

It should also be remembered that he played very well in the win at home to Watford last season, only to be taken apart at Blackpool three days later!
Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 10:09 - Jan 30 with 1398 viewsTheChef

Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 22:31 - Jan 29 by Gus_iom

Haven't seen any hate for Drewe, just an acceptance that he isn't good enough for this level. Not his fault though, it's on the club - he shouldn't still be with us, he should be building a career for himself in a division where he will get regular football.

This.

Although I didn't see any 'ridiculous criticism' of Drewe until the OP came along

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 10:11 - Jan 30 with 1384 viewsAntti_Heinola

Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 09:59 - Jan 30 by terryb

The corners were due to Drewe blocking the cross. Isn't that what he's meant to do?

IMO Thomas was the best player on the pitch & Drewe was our best player. Not that he had to perform that well for me to give him that accolade!

It should also be remembered that he played very well in the win at home to Watford last season, only to be taken apart at Blackpool three days later!

fair enough, i thought he was as usual miles out of his depth. i like him, he tries really hard, great attitude, but bloody hell, Thomas ripped him a new one.

Bare bones.

Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 11:14 - Jan 30 with 1304 viewsEastR

Two days later and we’re still piling in on our 3rd choice right back?

He did a job, against their most effective player – one that can actually play football off both left and right feet – and would cause anyone problems at this level.
Their goal didn’t come from a passage of play down that side.

Sure he’s limited but he played to that limit and did ok. How many others can we say the same about.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 11:17 - Jan 30 with 1301 viewsPhilmyRs

He worked really hard. Harsh booking early on by a poor ref which couldn't have made it easy for him for the rest of the game. However, as with the rest of the team, I thought he found it hard but I wouldn't have picked him out as the worst culprits for us.

Agree that he did some decent blocks, but his positioning creates a lot of the problems. For me, the positions he took up on the pitch made it much easier for Thomas to get the ball and drive at him - 100% agree he wasn't' helped by Willock and Smyth would have been better - but while he often managed to block the cross, his failure to pick up better positions, cut off passing angles, be tighter etc is why he was targeted by Huddersfield and why he is a lower league player at best. It's great being a battling player and sliding in and getting a ball out of play but the sign of a top defensive full back is coming away thinking not much happened down their side - 'kept them quiet etc'. On Sunday I thought the best player was Thomas. If Drewe was a genuinely attacking full back that posed problems at the other end of the pitch, some of these issues aren't such a problem, but he doesn't have that in his game, so he needs to be right on it with his defensive duties and at the moment, he's a long way off.
[Post edited 30 Jan 11:18]
Login to get fewer ads

Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 14:01 - Jan 30 with 1164 viewsmart_Goblin

Getting a corner means Drewe blocked the cross .

What a strange viewpoint that if Thomas only gets a corner then he’s beaten his man ?

It was a good battle between an experienced player and a very inexperienced player .

No wonder our youngsters struggle so much . As well as being let down by the club in the way they are managed ( Drewe should have been put on loan at league 1/2 level for the past 3 seasons), they also have to deal with the fan base who claim to “get behind “ our youngsters but actually can’t wait to pile in.
He’s played at a guess a dozen games in a team struggling on every level and you all expect him to be like Conor Bradley . There is a reason Bradley is at Liverpool and Drewe is at Rangers but get off his back please ?
The real issue is the spine of the team not our 3rd choice RB who might or might not be good enough.
He lacks physicality in my opinion but he stuck to his task and although the guy got the better of him at times, he also stopped a lot of balls coming into the box and didn’t do any worse than I’ve seen Cannon do in the last 6 weeks .
I don’t think they got as much out of playing down their right as they’d hoped when he came on.
Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 18:13 - Jan 30 with 1038 viewsnumptydumpty

Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 10:09 - Jan 30 by TheChef

This.

Although I didn't see any 'ridiculous criticism' of Drewe until the OP came along

There was a lot in the match thread.

That was why i posted but no worries.

I was supporting Drewe though. Was surprised that he performed well and pleased he put in a decent shift.

Wonder if Cannon is minor injury or otherwise!!
[Post edited 30 Jan 18:17]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 19:36 - Jan 30 with 971 viewsBurnleyhoop

Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 20:58 - Jan 28 by mart_Goblin

He certainly blocked more than were delivered, which is the first rule of a defender . Block the cross

He blocked more than Paal ever does. Did well in difficult circumstances so a thumbs up from me.
Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 19:43 - Jan 30 with 959 viewsWestonsuperR

Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 22:31 - Jan 29 by Gus_iom

Haven't seen any hate for Drewe, just an acceptance that he isn't good enough for this level. Not his fault though, it's on the club - he shouldn't still be with us, he should be building a career for himself in a division where he will get regular football.

Absolutely this, seems a really decent guy and was so when I met him briefly, just not even close to Championship standard. Drewe was on loan at Oxford City (Conference South level I think) and didn’t particularly stand out there. Nothing against him at all and certainly puts the effort in, which is more than can be said for many.
Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 08:47 - Jan 31 with 792 viewsTheChef

Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 18:13 - Jan 30 by numptydumpty

There was a lot in the match thread.

That was why i posted but no worries.

I was supporting Drewe though. Was surprised that he performed well and pleased he put in a decent shift.

Wonder if Cannon is minor injury or otherwise!!
[Post edited 30 Jan 18:17]

Ah OK - I didn't read the match thread!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 09:24 - Jan 31 with 765 viewsDeanoMD

He's a young lad with time on his side, already shown he has potential, just needs the time to develop.

As always because he's not world class immediately people jumping up and down going potty.

I like him and his attitude which is several hundreds of miles better than players like Willock, Richards etc.

He's one I would keep for the future.
Aaron Drewe - he did his job on 09:46 - Jan 31 with 724 viewsdmm

In footballing terms, Drewe isn't a young man with time on his side. He'll be 23 in just over a week and needs step up to first team football. I don't see that being at QPR.

As said above, I've never really rated him but I wouldn't criticise his performance last Sunday. He just about held his own against a difficult opponent.
[Post edited 31 Jan 9:48]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024