Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League One Away Days 13:10 - Jan 30 with 7133 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Not saying we are down, but I'll confess to browsing the League One and upper end of League Two recently.

One silver lining of potential relegation for me is about 20 odd new grounds.

In the event it happens, where is everyone looking forward to going?

League One Table
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-one/table

League Two Table
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-two/table
[Post edited 30 Jan 13:10]
League One Away Days on 13:22 - Jan 30 with 4136 viewsFDC

Slightly different for me, as an overseas armchair supporter, but I'm hoping Charlton stay up because a good friend is a supporter. Another is a big Bolton supporter, so I'm hoping they don't leapfrog us. That would also be quite disconcerting given how they've always felt like a case of "look what happened to them after we just about stayed up at their expense that season in the prem"
League One Away Days on 13:30 - Jan 30 with 4085 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Barrow and Harrogate both in play.

First time we'd ever face each other in our histories i'd imagine?
League One Away Days on 13:33 - Jan 30 with 4070 viewscolinallcars

Three items that would make relegation less painful:

New grounds
Less Sky
No third season on the trot trying to avoid relegation ( I was going to say “battling’’ but trying is more apt ).
League One Away Days on 13:39 - Jan 30 with 4045 viewsWatford_Ranger

Only Fleetwood, Carlisle and Exeter I’ve not done in L1 and two of them are likely to go.

It’s a bit more southern at least. The Watford/Reading mad scramble for Orient and Stevenage tickets will be a highlight.
League One Away Days on 13:55 - Jan 30 with 3967 viewsdaveB

League One Away Days on 13:33 - Jan 30 by colinallcars

New grounds
Less Sky
No third season on the trot trying to avoid relegation ( I was going to say “battling’’ but trying is more apt ).

We said that when we got relegated in 2015
League One Away Days on 14:10 - Jan 30 with 3896 viewsTheChef

League One Away Days on 13:33 - Jan 30 by colinallcars

New grounds
Less Sky

Yes this will soften the blow of relegation. And being in League One/Div 2 last time was a lot fun (although a good chance our stay will be longer this time).

At least half a dozen new grounds for me I reckon.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

League One Away Days on 14:17 - Jan 30 with 3870 viewsGaryBannister86

League One Away Days on 14:10 - Jan 30 by TheChef

Yes this will soften the blow of relegation. And being in League One/Div 2 last time was a lot fun (although a good chance our stay will be longer this time).

At least half a dozen new grounds for me I reckon.

Was it "a lot of fun" really? Bit rose-tinted?

Yes, throw yourself into the away days, I will give you that. But I also remember relentless dross home games and the fact wins over Rushden & Diamonds were....well...wins over R&D.

Going out the FA Cup in round 1 rather than 3.

Playing Chelsea U21s blah blah.

Hillsborough was great. Cardiff was awful.

It's a step closer to oblivion, less exposure, less fans, I don't want any part of it if at all possible.
League One Away Days on 14:27 - Jan 30 with 3833 viewsHayesender

I'm hoping Portsmouth implode as its only 20 miles down the coast from me

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

League One Away Days on 14:36 - Jan 30 with 3808 viewsBAWHoops

A season in LG 1 will be great right up until the moment we don't go up.

I think the size of the club means our bottom out level in bottom half of League 1 so hopefully a season of more wins than this one!

I won't mind not having to watch us play Hull, Boro, Bristol City, Birmingham, Blackburn etc for the thousandth time.

Stevenage, Wycombe, Oxford, Orient, Bristol Rovers, Cambridge all potentially fun away days.

Of course what will happen is our first game will be away to Wrexham live on Sky and we will lose 3-0

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

League One Away Days on 14:40 - Jan 30 with 3778 viewsSheffieldHoop

League One Away Days on 14:17 - Jan 30 by GaryBannister86

Yes, throw yourself into the away days, I will give you that. But I also remember relentless dross home games and the fact wins over Rushden & Diamonds were....well...wins over R&D.

It's a step closer to oblivion, less exposure, less fans, I don't want any part of it if at all possible.

I dunno. Our average attendance is incredibly consistent and has been for basically ever.

In League 1 it seems our Average attendance ranges from 11k for a losing side, to 15k for a winning side.
In the champ, it's 12 when we're shit and 16 when good (Although does seem we still get 16k even while being utter shit these days, lingering post-covid enthusiasm which will eventually wear off imo)
In the prem, we hit capacity due to tourists which generally messes with our match-day experience, and it starts to go a bit sour for me.

Away attendances tend to remain at usual levels until important and/or local games come along. No matter how good we are, unless it's a promotion decider, we'll never sell out Barnsley. There will always be people who wanted a Luton/Stevenage/Reading ticket who couldn't get one. That's life.

I'm in the let's go down and regroup camp - Have been saying it since watching the likes of Southampton, Norwich, Leicester, Sheff Utd etc...... all do it. Think I was saying it before we even got promoted in 2011 tbh.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

League One Away Days on 14:49 - Jan 30 with 3746 viewsQPRConor2000

Mad to think we could be potentially be playing Barrow next season, that is a treck and a half.
League One Away Days on 14:51 - Jan 30 with 3737 viewscolinallcars

League One Away Days on 14:40 - Jan 30 by SheffieldHoop

I dunno. Our average attendance is incredibly consistent and has been for basically ever.

In League 1 it seems our Average attendance ranges from 11k for a losing side, to 15k for a winning side.
In the champ, it's 12 when we're shit and 16 when good (Although does seem we still get 16k even while being utter shit these days, lingering post-covid enthusiasm which will eventually wear off imo)
In the prem, we hit capacity due to tourists which generally messes with our match-day experience, and it starts to go a bit sour for me.

Away attendances tend to remain at usual levels until important and/or local games come along. No matter how good we are, unless it's a promotion decider, we'll never sell out Barnsley. There will always be people who wanted a Luton/Stevenage/Reading ticket who couldn't get one. That's life.

I'm in the let's go down and regroup camp - Have been saying it since watching the likes of Southampton, Norwich, Leicester, Sheff Utd etc...... all do it. Think I was saying it before we even got promoted in 2011 tbh.

Derby had 27k at home the other day. I reckon our crowds would hold up. Another bonus - a large% of these players will be gorn…
League One Away Days on 14:51 - Jan 30 with 3737 viewsHayesender

Problem with that is we're more likely to turn into another Charlton than a Leicester or Southampton

League One Away Days on 14:57 - Jan 30 with 3697 viewsSheffieldHoop

League One Away Days on 14:51 - Jan 30 by Hayesender

Problem with that is we're more likely to turn into another Charlton than a Leicester or Southampton

WIth the current ownership, it's hard to disagree with that, but you never know.

Even Charlton pop back up from time to time. Look at Ipswich now.

The worst thing that can happen to a football club is not relegation, it's stagnation.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

League One Away Days on 14:58 - Jan 30 with 3711 viewsMrSheen

League One Away Days on 14:49 - Jan 30 by QPRConor2000

Mad to think we could be potentially be playing Barrow next season, that is a treck and a half.

On a Tuesday in February, most likely.
League One Away Days on 14:58 - Jan 30 with 3708 viewsGaryBannister86

I admire your confidence that going down will lead to us have a sensible "regroup". Hope you are right.

I think we will get over-excited by the relaxed FFP rules, go bonkers buying absolute ageing dross on overinflated, overlong contracts, discard promising youngsters like Walsh and Salamon, have a team of Begovic types.....and crash and burn.
League One Away Days on 14:59 - Jan 30 with 3701 viewsTheChef

League One Away Days on 14:17 - Jan 30 by GaryBannister86

At this point, I'll take any wins on a vaguely regular basis!

I mean amazing if we do somehow stay up. Rebuild the squad over the summer but that won't be easy, next season in the Championship would still be a bit of a slog.

Que sera, sera...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

League One Away Days on 15:23 - Jan 30 with 3631 viewsPlanetHonneywood

League One Away Days on 14:49 - Jan 30 by QPRConor2000

Some people have already set off.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

League One Away Days on 15:32 - Jan 30 with 3600 viewsstowmarketrange

League One Away Days on 14:51 - Jan 30 by colinallcars

Derby had 27k at home the other day. I reckon our crowds would hold up. Another bonus - a large% of these players will be gorn…

Considering their ground holds over 30k there must be an awful lot of season ticket holders who don’t go to many games.There are always loads of empty seats in their ground.Sunderland is similar for the number of blank red seats and they’re supposed to be getting 40k every other week.
League One Away Days on 16:14 - Jan 30 with 3449 viewshantssi

League One Away Days on 14:27 - Jan 30 by Hayesender

I'm hoping Portsmouth implode as its only 20 miles down the coast from me

Only 10 miles for me and a great night out in Southsea or Old Portsmouth.
Notts County would be nice plus Lincoln.
Could do Barrow and Carlisle with a trip to The Lake District!!
League One Away Days on 16:15 - Jan 30 with 3441 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

League One Away Days on 15:32 - Jan 30 by stowmarketrange

Considering their ground holds over 30k there must be an awful lot of season ticket holders who don’t go to many games.There are always loads of empty seats in their ground.Sunderland is similar for the number of blank red seats and they’re supposed to be getting 40k every other week.

How can you have 200% of the average gate of the division you’re in and still be a financial basket case? Same question goes to Sheff Wednesday.
League One Away Days on 16:51 - Jan 30 with 3299 viewsR_from_afar

League One Away Days on 16:14 - Jan 30 by hantssi

At a conservative estimate, I have been to 100 different curry houses - I collect the business cards from them - and the one I went to in Barrow was one of only two in which the waiting staff were female. A propos to nothing haha

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

League One Away Days on 16:57 - Jan 30 with 3276 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

League One Away Days on 16:51 - Jan 30 by R_from_afar

At a conservative estimate, I have been to 100 different curry houses - I collect the business cards from them - and the one I went to in Barrow was one of only two in which the waiting staff were female. A propos to nothing haha

This is the most incredible thing I've ever read on LfW.
League One Away Days on 17:10 - Jan 30 with 3191 viewsHayesender

League One Away Days on 16:14 - Jan 30 by hantssi

Barrow on the Wednesday, followed by Carlisle on the Saturday in August or September would be perfect

League One Away Days on 17:17 - Jan 30 with 3161 viewsjoe90

League One Away Days on 16:51 - Jan 30 by R_from_afar

Funny you should mention that, Vijaya Krishna in Tooting has female waiting staff and this was actually specifically mentioned by the person who recommended it to me.

Ps: It's a great restaurant.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024