Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First Eleven now? 23:47 - Feb 1 with 3965 viewssdm1508

So who misses out now or we going back to a 433 with Field, Colback and Hayden when everyone available
First Eleven now? on 23:53 - Feb 1 with 3906 viewsOakR

I've no idea, but I'd assume it's 2 out of those 3 as a general rule and they will rotate based on injuries, fitness and suspensions, maybe all 3 playing if available and suits us against who we are playing. I think if oyu can have 2 of them available for each game, it's a decent CM.

Poll: Will we stay up?

First Eleven now? on 23:56 - Feb 1 with 3890 viewsaston_hoop

Begovic
Cannon
Cook
JCS
Paal
Field
Hayden
Chair
Smyth
Dykes
Armstrong

Walsh
Larkeche
Fox
Dunne
Colback
Hodge
Dixon-Bonner
Willock
Frey

Adomah, Kakay, Drewe, Pedder, Kolli available too

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

First Eleven now? on 01:01 - Feb 2 with 3648 viewsHooparoo

First Eleven now? on 23:53 - Feb 1 by OakR

I've no idea, but I'd assume it's 2 out of those 3 as a general rule and they will rotate based on injuries, fitness and suspensions, maybe all 3 playing if available and suits us against who we are playing. I think if oyu can have 2 of them available for each game, it's a decent CM.

Agree. We’ve gone from a powder puff midfield to looking pretty solid in just a few days. 😎

Watch out Blackburn!!

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

First Eleven now? on 01:07 - Feb 2 with 3630 viewsQuillPenRiot

Well now that my daughter is becoming a QPR fan, I’m crawling out of the lurking woodwork. I was all set to start learning league one, now I may bide a bit. Hodge will start for sure, no way wolves would loan him to us otherwise. Field on the bench, he doesn’t know how to play martiball and will have to prove his way back into the starting lineup
First Eleven now? on 02:55 - Feb 2 with 3506 viewsNorthernr

We're going to play a 4-2-3-1, but turn the 2 into a 5. Midfield: Sam Field, Jack Colback, Hayden Isaac, Steve Hodge, Honus Wagner, Cap Anson. Mordecai "Three Finger" Brown.

Geoff Boycott the whole thing. Mmmmmmmmm go on get past that. Straight bat a day and a half in the sun. 16 draws to survival, and then, TO MEXICO.
First Eleven now? on 04:52 - Feb 2 with 3388 viewsQuillPenRiot

First Eleven now? on 02:55 - Feb 2 by Northernr

We're going to play a 4-2-3-1, but turn the 2 into a 5. Midfield: Sam Field, Jack Colback, Hayden Isaac, Steve Hodge, Honus Wagner, Cap Anson. Mordecai "Three Finger" Brown.

Geoff Boycott the whole thing. Mmmmmmmmm go on get past that. Straight bat a day and a half in the sun. 16 draws to survival, and then, TO MEXICO.

[Post edited 2 Feb 4:54]
First Eleven now? on 05:25 - Feb 2 with 3326 viewsHooparoo

You really do need a holiday mate

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

First Eleven now? on 05:27 - Feb 2 with 3324 viewsHAYESBOY

Maybe.

Begovic

Cannon/Kakay Cook JCS Paal

Hayden/Colback Field

Smyth/Willock Hodge Chair

Armstrong/Dykes/Frey

Walsh Dunne Fox Larkeche EDB Drew Adomah

Cannon looks like he might be out for a while.
Hayden fitness might be that he doesn't go straight in, same with Frey
I think Field is better than Colback as a pure defensive midfielder so for me if Hayden is fit, him and Field would be the 2.

But we now have options where before we looked paper thin if we wanted to change to game with the bench.
Now the Dozzell loan makes sense.
I would have liked another wide attacking player and if Anderson is a free agent now and we can afford it then that is even better.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Login to get fewer ads

First Eleven now? on 08:40 - Feb 2 with 3024 viewsBluce_Ree

First Eleven now? on 23:53 - Feb 1 by OakR

Actual competition for places?

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

First Eleven now? on 08:43 - Feb 2 with 2997 viewsbaz_qpr

Hayden can play right back and centre back. A Swiss army knife of a player a Premiership Dom Ball if you like
First Eleven now? on 08:47 - Feb 2 with 2968 viewsE17hoop

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

First Eleven now? on 09:28 - Feb 2 with 2775 viewsgolborne

First Eleven now? on 05:27 - Feb 2 by HAYESBOY

Maybe.

Begovic

Cannon/Kakay Cook JCS Paal

Hayden/Colback Field

Smyth/Willock Hodge Chair

Armstrong/Dykes/Frey

Walsh Dunne Fox Larkeche EDB Drew Adomah

Cannon looks like he might be out for a while.
Hayden fitness might be that he doesn't go straight in, same with Frey
I think Field is better than Colback as a pure defensive midfielder so for me if Hayden is fit, him and Field would be the 2.

But we now have options where before we looked paper thin if we wanted to change to game with the bench.
Now the Dozzell loan makes sense.
I would have liked another wide attacking player and if Anderson is a free agent now and we can afford it then that is even better.

Hodge is a defensive midfielder and I don’t think he’s come here to sit on the bench.
Know nothing about him, but if he’s got anything about him we could see lots of change there. Most in danger of losing his place is probably Field, if the philosophy of playing on the front foot remains. As great as he is at putting his body on the line, he simply isn’t made to play that way. Virtually every time it comes to him when playing out it stalls. Was the same under Warburton, who decided to shift Steph further up the pitch once Field was available. Look what happened to us from Dec 21 when he came back into the team. From there on it was the 9 million passes across the back, into midfield and back again, rather than the progressive football we all drooled over in the early months of that season. Steph’s legs eventually gave out as they weren’t up to the extra up and down. Beale spotted it and tried to play him further forward. Tbf to Marti, he’s been forcing Sam out of his comfort zone in recent weeks. Field is hiding much less when we’re deep in possession. I still wince every time it goes to him mind. Love Sam Field, but he’s always felt like a square peg to me, given we’ve wanted to play progressive football for the past years, bar Amit’s heart breaking decision to employ GA. That view won’t be popular with those who get more joy out of a Sam block, than Willocks great assist against Millwall, but with word of incoming players and the rumour of interest for Field from Luton, I thought it made total sense to get a few quid for him this window. Although, with Reggie’s injury and Colbacks nailed on ban, his place might be ok for now. Seems Hayden can also fill in at FB and CH.
First Eleven now? on 10:26 - Feb 2 with 2545 viewsJuzzie

We need lots of points..... go 10-0-0
First Eleven now? on 12:46 - Feb 2 with 2300 viewshertshoops

Goood news

Reggie fit and available, and all 3 new lads traveling with the squad
First Eleven now? on 13:14 - Feb 2 with 2191 viewsPhilmyRs

First Eleven now? on 09:28 - Feb 2 by golborne

Hodge is a defensive midfielder and I don’t think he’s come here to sit on the bench.
Know nothing about him, but if he’s got anything about him we could see lots of change there. Most in danger of losing his place is probably Field, if the philosophy of playing on the front foot remains. As great as he is at putting his body on the line, he simply isn’t made to play that way. Virtually every time it comes to him when playing out it stalls. Was the same under Warburton, who decided to shift Steph further up the pitch once Field was available. Look what happened to us from Dec 21 when he came back into the team. From there on it was the 9 million passes across the back, into midfield and back again, rather than the progressive football we all drooled over in the early months of that season. Steph’s legs eventually gave out as they weren’t up to the extra up and down. Beale spotted it and tried to play him further forward. Tbf to Marti, he’s been forcing Sam out of his comfort zone in recent weeks. Field is hiding much less when we’re deep in possession. I still wince every time it goes to him mind. Love Sam Field, but he’s always felt like a square peg to me, given we’ve wanted to play progressive football for the past years, bar Amit’s heart breaking decision to employ GA. That view won’t be popular with those who get more joy out of a Sam block, than Willocks great assist against Millwall, but with word of incoming players and the rumour of interest for Field from Luton, I thought it made total sense to get a few quid for him this window. Although, with Reggie’s injury and Colbacks nailed on ban, his place might be ok for now. Seems Hayden can also fill in at FB and CH.

A bit harsh on Field there but I do aree he is very much a defensive midfilder whose forward pass rate must be one of the lowest in the side. Personally, I can see him slotting into the back 4 if/when Cook or JCS are unavailable. He's played there many times before so wouldn't be a major adjustment and is probably better suited under the current Manager's preferred style of play, than Dunne.
First Eleven now? on 13:39 - Feb 2 with 2094 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Hitting the Tequila already I see haha
First Eleven now? on 13:49 - Feb 2 with 2023 viewsolderR

First Eleven now? on 01:07 - Feb 2 by QuillPenRiot

Well now that my daughter is becoming a QPR fan, I’m crawling out of the lurking woodwork. I was all set to start learning league one, now I may bide a bit. Hodge will start for sure, no way wolves would loan him to us otherwise. Field on the bench, he doesn’t know how to play martiball and will have to prove his way back into the starting lineup

Is your handle your What Three Words location?
First Eleven now? on 14:28 - Feb 2 with 1898 viewsTheChef

First Eleven now? on 13:14 - Feb 2 by PhilmyRs

A bit harsh on Field there but I do aree he is very much a defensive midfilder whose forward pass rate must be one of the lowest in the side. Personally, I can see him slotting into the back 4 if/when Cook or JCS are unavailable. He's played there many times before so wouldn't be a major adjustment and is probably better suited under the current Manager's preferred style of play, than Dunne.

I'm huge fan of Field but I think the manager wants more forward thinking midfielders.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

First Eleven now? on 13:24 - Feb 19 with 1216 viewsNorthernr

I mean you literally cannot get too more different games in the Championship this season than Rotherham H and then Leicester A. Complicated further by Leicester being the start of another three game week, with two games at home against decent sides probably one of whom we're going to need to beat. Be interesting to see what he does...
First Eleven now? on 13:29 - Feb 19 with 1175 viewsbaz_qpr

First Eleven now? on 13:24 - Feb 19 by Northernr

I mean you literally cannot get too more different games in the Championship this season than Rotherham H and then Leicester A. Complicated further by Leicester being the start of another three game week, with two games at home against decent sides probably one of whom we're going to need to beat. Be interesting to see what he does...

Rotherham is going to be another Stoke, low block hit us on the break hope to get something from a set piece. so we need the ball (Anderson / Chair / Willock /) players, who can play in tight spaces Dykes or Frei upfront

Leicester will be the polar opposite we will play deeper occasional high press going need all the energy players Hodge, Armstrong, Smyth (and the shielders Field / Hayden
First Eleven now? on 13:48 - Feb 19 with 1084 viewsdmm

First Eleven now? on 13:29 - Feb 19 by baz_qpr

Rotherham is going to be another Stoke, low block hit us on the break hope to get something from a set piece. so we need the ball (Anderson / Chair / Willock /) players, who can play in tight spaces Dykes or Frei upfront

Leicester will be the polar opposite we will play deeper occasional high press going need all the energy players Hodge, Armstrong, Smyth (and the shielders Field / Hayden

I get what you're suggesting but I think the Chair/Anderson/Willock trio showed real promise yesterday and I'd be tempted to stick with them for a few games to see if that can be developed.

As for Rotherham, score the first goal and the game should open up nicely for us.
First Eleven now? on 14:29 - Feb 19 with 942 viewsPhilmyRs

First Eleven now? on 13:29 - Feb 19 by baz_qpr

That's pretty much how I see it.

Rotherham will defend deep and we find these type of games much harder. I think having players that can look after the ball, technically decent, are what we need on the pitch on Saturday. If Cannon is back I'd bring him in too.

You have to say though that Saturday is a game we have to go for the win in, a draw would be a failure so the team need to have that mindset when they take to the pitch, need urgency from the first whistle. For Leicester, less pressure (assuming we do the business on Saturday) but I'd set up similar to yesterday but Armstrong up front.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024