Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Begovic 17:57 - Mar 9 with 59354 viewsE17hoop

I'm beginning to think maybe he isn't that great after all. Is it time for him to be dropped?

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Begovic on 20:49 - Mar 9 with 2275 viewsslmrstid

I don't think he's that good, but he's the best we've got so we have to stick with it until the summer when hopefully we can do something better.

Regarding the Captaincy, I've said it before but I wouldn't be surprised if its in his contract.
Begovic on 20:51 - Mar 9 with 2261 viewscheeseydane

Begovic on 19:48 - Mar 9 by FDC

Is this a witch hunt?

There do seem to be many villagers burning the cross atm.
Tbh, hes not perfect but hes our keeper til May. No point rocking the boat. It will only sink faster.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Begovic on 21:04 - Mar 9 with 2164 viewsFDC

Begovic on 20:47 - Mar 9 by FredManRave

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/307178/begovic/

Allegedly.

That thread just seems like this one, people discussing whether Begovic is a good keeper or not. Pretty reasonable behaviour, especially given the soft goals we conceded today, just seems a bit hysterical to describe that as a hate mob lol
[Post edited 9 Mar 21:07]
Begovic on 21:24 - Mar 9 with 2099 viewsMatch82

Begovic on 19:25 - Mar 9 by richpr

So predictable. Usual LFW Begovic hate mob out in force.

LFW hate mob = people who think he's not a very good goalkeeper anymore?

He was a very good goalkeeper 10 years ago.
He was poor today and has been several games this season.
We don't have any better options.
He's one of the weaker links in the team and should be looking to upgrade when possible (end of season presumably)

All of those things can be and in my opinion are true. Doesn't make people who think them part of a hate mob.
Begovic on 21:34 - Mar 9 with 2057 viewsNed_Kennedys

Begovic on 21:24 - Mar 9 by Match82

LFW hate mob = people who think he's not a very good goalkeeper anymore?

He was a very good goalkeeper 10 years ago.
He was poor today and has been several games this season.
We don't have any better options.
He's one of the weaker links in the team and should be looking to upgrade when possible (end of season presumably)

All of those things can be and in my opinion are true. Doesn't make people who think them part of a hate mob.

Below is a post from the match thread: seems pretty hateful (and embarrassing) to me.

“Get that useless Chelsea **** out of our team.”
Begovic (n/t) on 21:39 - Mar 9 with 2040 viewsQPsyR

Begovic on 19:48 - Mar 9 by FDC

Is this a witch hunt?

[Post edited 15 Mar 23:00]

FKA AcidPixie

Begovic on 21:39 - Mar 9 with 2040 viewsrbee

A hate mob would be criticising him before kick off. Before a game I don't think about Asmir, he is our keeper and captain, I am looking at the team selection further up the pitch.

After a game I can only comment on what I have seen.

Before next weeks game I probably won't think about Asmir again as he will be, quite rightly, playing.
Begovic on 21:58 - Mar 9 with 1947 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Begovic on 18:49 - Mar 9 by Ned_Kennedys

He’s our Captain, we clearly have no better keeper we can play instead and he’s not going to be dropped by Marti. And he’ll be gone in the summer.
Suck it in and stop bleating.

If the other keepers are worse than him, we really shouldn't be paying them a wage. How many decent games has he had this season? Birmingham away he was good.
Login to get fewer ads

Begovic on 22:02 - Mar 9 with 1928 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Begovic on 18:30 - Mar 9 by Ned_Kennedys

Gotta to love the keyboard warriors who HAVE to have a scapegoat: EVERY player on that pitch today for QPR had a poor game. Could have played for another 90 minutes and never scored.

Just not true. 15 minutes left at 1-0 down and you still have a chance in any game, no matter how crap you've been playing. That goal killed the game. Still, at least he hasn't been shilling his gloves tonight.
Begovic on 22:12 - Mar 9 with 1912 viewsBrianWilson

He's a bit shit tbf but archer has no interest in playing football and I don't think Walsh should be thrown in at this stage of the season. No choice but to back him.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Begovic on 22:19 - Mar 9 with 1884 viewsNed_Kennedys

Begovic on 22:02 - Mar 9 by Wegerles_Stairs

Just not true. 15 minutes left at 1-0 down and you still have a chance in any game, no matter how crap you've been playing. That goal killed the game. Still, at least he hasn't been shilling his gloves tonight.

If you were at the game then you’d admit we could’ve played another hour or two without scoring.
Begovic should’ve stopped the second but as the outfield players didn’t perform it was only the difference between a one nil or a two nil loss, however you spin it.
As I posted earlier there were no good performances in A QPR shirt today.
Begovic on 22:55 - Mar 9 with 1809 viewsE17hoop

I've never led a hate mob before; I didn't realise that's what I was doing.

What I was able to do today was compare our current keeper with his predecessor and, on balance, he wasn't very good.

Our xG against isn't bad and we do stop teams having too many chances. It was noticeable today that Begovic wasn't as solid as Dieng.

Dieng starts way higher up the pitch because Begovic hasn't got the pace but he should have the experience to not be caught on no man's land for their second.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Begovic on 03:26 - Mar 10 with 1613 viewsThe_Beast1976

Quite amusing really that, the way he talked about Begovic, GA seemed in awe of him and seemed to think he was the messiah. He's fcukin sh!te Gareth, sh!te!!!
[Post edited 10 Mar 3:27]
Begovic (n/t) on 04:46 - Mar 10 with 1575 viewsQPsyR

Begovic on 03:26 - Mar 10 by The_Beast1976

Quite amusing really that, the way he talked about Begovic, GA seemed in awe of him and seemed to think he was the messiah. He's fcukin sh!te Gareth, sh!te!!!
[Post edited 10 Mar 3:27]

[Post edited 15 Mar 23:02]

FKA AcidPixie

Begovic on 08:16 - Mar 10 with 1479 viewsNed_Kennedys

Begovic on 22:55 - Mar 9 by E17hoop

I've never led a hate mob before; I didn't realise that's what I was doing.

What I was able to do today was compare our current keeper with his predecessor and, on balance, he wasn't very good.

Our xG against isn't bad and we do stop teams having too many chances. It was noticeable today that Begovic wasn't as solid as Dieng.

Dieng starts way higher up the pitch because Begovic hasn't got the pace but he should have the experience to not be caught on no man's land for their second.

Dieng is better than Begovic?

Well of course he is: you make it sound like we actually wanted to sell Seny. We had to due to him being one of our only players anyone would spend money on to help us scrape through FFP.

And the logic behind getting Begovic in to replace him made sense: free, relatively low wages, loads of experience in a defence which had very little at the time.

He has been alright this season overall for me: some big saves and some poor errors. He’s been fit for the whole campaign as well.

He doesn’t fit in with Marti’s preferred playing style and he will be replaced for next season and we move on.
Begovic on 08:26 - Mar 10 with 1461 viewsAntti_Heinola

Begovic on 08:16 - Mar 10 by Ned_Kennedys

Dieng is better than Begovic?

Well of course he is: you make it sound like we actually wanted to sell Seny. We had to due to him being one of our only players anyone would spend money on to help us scrape through FFP.

And the logic behind getting Begovic in to replace him made sense: free, relatively low wages, loads of experience in a defence which had very little at the time.

He has been alright this season overall for me: some big saves and some poor errors. He’s been fit for the whole campaign as well.

He doesn’t fit in with Marti’s preferred playing style and he will be replaced for next season and we move on.

Good post Ned.
Whenever there is this much debate the truth is usually in the middle. He’s not great, but he’s not terrible. He doesn’t make many howlers, but he also rarely makes a save you wouldn’t expect him to make. It might be notable that we seem to be defending quite well, but keep conceding 2.

Bare bones.

Begovic on 08:41 - Mar 10 with 1434 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

He’s our Captain, we clearly have no better keeper we can play instead and he’s not going to be dropped by Marti. And he’ll be gone in the summer.

This !

DonnieR

Begovic on 08:41 - Mar 10 with 1432 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

This. Fully agree

DonnieR

Begovic on 09:08 - Mar 10 with 1367 viewsRangers67

He is crap but he is not the only one. My nine month old grandson carries more threat than Dykes
Begovic on 09:30 - Mar 10 with 1340 viewsPaddyhoops

How is it hate? It’s an observation on his performance.
That’s what this forum is about . What’s the point of it otherwise.
Begovic on 09:40 - Mar 10 with 1291 viewsParkRoyalR

Begovic on 09:08 - Mar 10 by Rangers67

He is crap but he is not the only one. My nine month old grandson carries more threat than Dykes

Presume that's a typo and you meant Frey yesterday?

With 10 men defending their area after the 1st goal we just couldn't create enough in final third, similar to how we closed Leicester out with their 10 million pound strikers, let alone Smyth, Dykes + Armstrong.
Begovic on 09:49 - Mar 10 with 1268 viewsdmm

In his post match presser Cifuentes stated in no uncertain terms that Begovic would continue to be the first choice this season. I'm no fan of Begovic but it makes little sense to change him now for Archer or Walsh.
Begovic on 09:58 - Mar 10 with 1257 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Begovic on 22:19 - Mar 9 by Ned_Kennedys

If you were at the game then you’d admit we could’ve played another hour or two without scoring.
Begovic should’ve stopped the second but as the outfield players didn’t perform it was only the difference between a one nil or a two nil loss, however you spin it.
As I posted earlier there were no good performances in A QPR shirt today.

So you're saying that there's no difference between being 1-0 and 2-0 down? That's an interesting take.

Tbf to Begovic, he kept the pigeons away better than Seny yesterday, so he's a decent scarecrow.
Begovic on 09:59 - Mar 10 with 1257 viewsQPROslo

Thought Begovic should have done better for the 2nd goal. On the plus side he made some quick good throws today to start counter attacks.
Begovic on 10:09 - Mar 10 with 1203 viewsBklynRanger

Begovic on 09:59 - Mar 10 by QPROslo

Thought Begovic should have done better for the 2nd goal. On the plus side he made some quick good throws today to start counter attacks.

This is even more damning then - waiting till the next day to finally release the ball - give me strength
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024