Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Important to keep the faith 19:18 - Mar 9 with 2429 viewsQPRConor2000

I know we are all disappointed today, but its important we trust the process, there is still 9 games left in the season and a lot can still change.

We can hope with a full week of training we will feel fresher for next week, felt like we were very tired in that 2nd half, I felt playing on Wednesday took its toll today.

Onwards and Upwards as they say.
[Post edited 9 Mar 19:25]
Important to keep the faith on 19:29 - Mar 9 with 2333 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Agreed.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Important to keep the faith on 20:24 - Mar 9 with 2182 viewsSuperhoops2808

The OP is spot on I think

Onwards and upwards

A month ago we would have taken 4 points from those 3 games
Important to keep the faith on 20:31 - Mar 9 with 2136 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Despite the obvious disappointment, I'm feeling relatively calm. A week's rest will do the boys a power of good and they've shown after Stoke away that they're capable of bouncing back immediately.
Important to keep the faith on 01:21 - Mar 10 with 1920 viewsDamo1962

If we keep following great results away with turge at LR.. it's going to be one step forward and two back as usual.
Important to keep the faith on 07:46 - Mar 10 with 1783 viewsstevec

We’re two points ahead of where I thought we’d be in this run of 4 games, with one still to go I’m happy with that.
Important to keep the faith on 09:10 - Mar 10 with 1690 viewskernowhoop

I know that 'we can't help it', but the 180 deg turn in the mood on this board is no good. We ought to get ourselves in tune with the way that, almost certainly, Cifuentes is thinking and talking this week. He will not be negative. He will be looking to restore fitness, mentally and physically. It would help if we were supportive.
Important to keep the faith on 09:23 - Mar 10 with 1660 viewsBurnleyhoop

Bang on. That wasn’t a Stoke like capitulation, the energy levels just weren’t there in the second half. Boro sat with a 5 man defence and hit us on the break. In fairness they executed their game plan well.

More than happy with Marti’s post match assessment and feel confident we will recuperate from a tough week and get back on track next week.
Important to keep the faith on 10:27 - Mar 10 with 1586 viewsPaddyhoops

Well said Connor.
Login to get fewer ads

Important to keep the faith on 10:33 - Mar 10 with 1562 viewsdaveB

I think at the start of the week I'd have taken 4 points from those 3 games, disappointing yesterday but we will lose games it's how we react to them, can't go over the top when we win and same when we lose
Important to keep the faith on 10:37 - Mar 10 with 1547 viewsNorthernr

There was a horrible inevitability to that yesterday, you could just feel it in the air. Rather than rev us all up it seems Wednesday basically exhausted us - it was flat in the pub beforehand as well.

The positives are...
- we'd all have taken 4 points from this week.
- We're still outside the bottom three.
- We've got rid of the three tough March games we'd been looking at and worrying about for a while.
- You've now got a run of five very winnable games - and yeh Birmingham and Sheff Wed down here are going to be traumatic but they're huge opportunities for us to win, at home, move away while damaging rivals.
- We've got a full week to prepare for Sunderland whose best player is injured and seem to be already on the beach.
- Then we've got two weeks to prepare for Brum and Swansea. Only one more of the dreaded three game weeks to come, and a lot of time on the training ground with this manager.
Important to keep the faith on 10:40 - Mar 10 with 1538 viewsDraytonR

Like many people , I expected us to not get anything away at Leicester , but was optimistic of getting a result at home to Boro , so for me we've got the same amount of points . The seasons not over yet and we're still out of the bottom three.
Important to keep the faith on 19:27 - Mar 10 with 1317 viewsSuperhoops2808

I stood in the pouring rain this morning watching Mrs Superhoop in a race as part of her London Marathon training (20 miles in Lydd, Kent) and had plenty of time to reflect on our situation

I note Clive listed many positives all of which I agree with and several other points on this thread too.

BUT

The most important one is something that we couldn't say 10 days ago because we were in the bottom 3.

NOW, our destiny is in our own hands. We no longer have to rely on other results. If we keep doing what we have been, we will be safe. Big thing getting out of the bottom 3 and will make a huge difference!!
Important to keep the faith on 11:07 - Mar 11 with 1092 viewshubble

The adage that springs to mind for me in relation to this thread is: Rome wasn't built in a day.

We have ample historical evidence that all managers, no matter how brilliant, usually take time to bed in and get their methods across. Alex Ferguson is an oft-cited example. Nevertheless, in today's knee-jerk, instant-gratification culture, people seem to have lost sight of this truism. The turnover of managers is evidence of that.

I don't think any of us is in any doubt that Marti is a very good, if not great manager. He inherited a squad that was absolutely on its arse after a confidence-shredding season and a half under Boilface, the Critch and the Lancashire Cowboy.

When Marti arrived we were adrift in the bottom three and nailed on for relegation. What he has achieved since he arrived is not far off miraculous. We now have shape, discipline and a clear on-pitch plan. We have players who were hiding, feigning injury or just plain awful under the previous incumbent who have been transformed into skillful Championship-level performers, Jimmy Dunne being a prime example. And with his obvious nous and contacts in the game, we have managed - against all the odds - to supplement the squad in the January window with some very good players - Andersen, Hayden and Hodge - as well as a proper (if still struggling for form) striker in Frey.

All that is required this season is that we stay up. We are currently out of the relegation zone with all to play for. I think we are going to stay up, simply because there are at least three worse teams than us and most of them have to play each other. Of course, survival is not guaranteed, and we'll be biting our fingernails until it is. But I have faith that Marti's methods will prevail, and for once, we can look forward to next season with a measure of confidence.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Important to keep the faith on 15:24 - Mar 11 with 878 viewskensalriser

Faith? I've always thought of it more of an affliction. Faith is good, you can attribute all sorts of magical qualities to your make believe being in the sky, but QPR? They're real, there's no denying it, nor the evidence of a 0-2 defeat. We've all got the scars to prove it.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Important to keep the faith on 07:00 - Mar 12 with 708 viewsnix

Not much more we can expect from Marti and the team to win three out of five and draw one. And frankly we were absolutely robbed of the fourth win by blatant cheating by WBA; I really hope that bloke gets sent off soon for hand ball.

The only team near the bottom that's been better over the previous five matches is Sheffield Wednesday with four wins.

Anything like approaching that form and we'll stay up. It's going to be really hard but it's doable which is incredible when we were nine points away not that long ago.

Winning on Saturday would be a massive boost.
[Post edited 12 Mar 7:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024