Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That tackle by Clarke Salter 19:03 - Mar 30 with 6097 viewsSpineyCapers

I need to see it again. Anyone found a clip? A work of art. He just gets better every game.
That tackle by Clarke Salter on 19:37 - Mar 30 with 4854 viewsnumptydumpty

I think it's on the clubs website longer highlights package.

Cook and Clarke Salter our best Central partnership since the days of Macca, Parker, Maddix and Peacock.
[Post edited 30 Mar 19:38]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

That tackle by Clarke Salter on 19:51 - Mar 30 with 4786 viewsfraserc

This video, if it's the tackle I think you mean, has it starting at 10:40:

[Post edited 30 Mar 19:58]
That tackle by Clarke Salter on 20:17 - Mar 30 with 4656 viewsbellomatic

Love the ‘oh my god’ reaction to Jimmy’s goal at 11:20
That tackle by Clarke Salter on 22:49 - Mar 30 with 4325 viewsHantsR

I thought that tackle was absolutely superb, I stood and applauded it.
That tackle by Clarke Salter on 23:11 - Mar 30 with 4251 viewsTeddRanger

He was actually my man of the match before Jimmy’s late intervention!

I think J C-S has been superb this season and the partnership with Cook has been a revelation.
That tackle by Clarke Salter on 17:54 - Mar 31 with 3831 viewsdmm

Masterful
That tackle by Clarke Salter on 18:30 - Mar 31 with 3760 viewsE17hoop

If there's any justice, he'll win POTY this season.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: How has this season been?

That tackle by Clarke Salter on 19:27 - Mar 31 with 3600 viewsslmrstid

That tackle by Clarke Salter on 19:37 - Mar 30 by numptydumpty

I think it's on the clubs website longer highlights package.

Cook and Clarke Salter our best Central partnership since the days of Macca, Parker, Maddix and Peacock.
[Post edited 30 Mar 19:38]

Bit of recency bias that - you can't say a centre-back pairing for a team that is still in big danger of getting relegated (even if we are starting to feel a bit more hopeful of easing away!) is better than the defenders who got promoted from this league at a canter under Neil Warnock.

Not at this point anyway. Lets see in twelve months...
Login to get fewer ads

That tackle by Clarke Salter on 20:02 - Mar 31 with 3490 viewsJamesB1979

That tackle by Clarke Salter on 18:30 - Mar 31 by E17hoop

If there's any justice, he'll win POTY this season.

100%
That tackle by Clarke Salter on 21:12 - Mar 31 with 3318 viewskensalriser

I think the tackled player's still waiting for a bus from somewhere in Hammersmith.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

That tackle by Clarke Salter on 21:34 - Mar 31 with 3279 viewsJevlar

JCS post tackle inner monologue

‘What were you all worried about’

Superb defending.
That tackle by Clarke Salter on 22:21 - Apr 2 with 2828 viewsBenny_the_Ball

JCS apparently starting to attract attention from the likes of Celtic, Palace and Wolves.

https://insidefutbol.com/2024/04/02/celtic-make-tentative-contact-to-weigh-up-su

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/celtic-news-bulletin-jake-clarke-32

He's under contract until 2026 so QPR should hopefully command a healthy fee.
That tackle by Clarke Salter on 22:31 - Apr 2 with 2792 viewsHayesender

That tackle by Clarke Salter on 22:21 - Apr 2 by Benny_the_Ball

JCS apparently starting to attract attention from the likes of Celtic, Palace and Wolves.

https://insidefutbol.com/2024/04/02/celtic-make-tentative-contact-to-weigh-up-su

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/celtic-news-bulletin-jake-clarke-32

He's under contract until 2026 so QPR should hopefully command a healthy fee.

Far too good for Sunday league football in Scotland

Poll: Shamima Beghum

That tackle by Clarke Salter on 01:50 - Apr 3 with 2617 viewsMonkey_Roots

I have to say, that to be where he is right now in the hearts and minds of QPR fans, coming from where he was last season, in the hearts and minds of QPR fans, is testament to his ability, attitude and dedication.

We hadn’t just written him off, we’d firmly put a large portion of blame for our predicament squarely on his shoulders, and rightly so. I certainly didn’t envisage that we would be seeing him week in, week out, form one of the strongest CB partnerships in the league, and gain universal acclaim for his efforts… it’s remarkable.

Wasn’t one of Clive’s stats about JCS around a maximum percentage of games he’d managed to play in any season prior to joining us? If so, and if I’m remembering it right, surely he’s managed to break that record this season?

Jake ‘Glass’ Salter no more, fair play.
That tackle by Clarke Salter on 05:51 - Apr 3 with 2541 viewsSydneyRs

Apparently Liverpool have just been awarded a penalty for this.
That tackle by Clarke Salter on 06:52 - Apr 3 with 2486 viewsJamesB1979

That tackle by Clarke Salter on 01:50 - Apr 3 by Monkey_Roots

I have to say, that to be where he is right now in the hearts and minds of QPR fans, coming from where he was last season, in the hearts and minds of QPR fans, is testament to his ability, attitude and dedication.

We hadn’t just written him off, we’d firmly put a large portion of blame for our predicament squarely on his shoulders, and rightly so. I certainly didn’t envisage that we would be seeing him week in, week out, form one of the strongest CB partnerships in the league, and gain universal acclaim for his efforts… it’s remarkable.

Wasn’t one of Clive’s stats about JCS around a maximum percentage of games he’d managed to play in any season prior to joining us? If so, and if I’m remembering it right, surely he’s managed to break that record this season?

Why rightly so? He got injured. Before he came here he had injury concerns. I think questions on his character were wrong. He just needed to get fit.
That tackle by Clarke Salter on 07:43 - Apr 3 with 2423 viewsMonkey_Roots

That tackle by Clarke Salter on 06:52 - Apr 3 by JamesB1979

Why rightly so? He got injured. Before he came here he had injury concerns. I think questions on his character were wrong. He just needed to get fit.

Yeah, you might be right, but at the time it was speculated that when his benefactor honest Mick had fücked off, he’d gone and taken Clark-Salter’s calf with him… we didn’t see him for months. Here was a player with real actual ability, able to give us a real fighting chance at getting out of the mess we were in, and yet he was nowhere to be seen - a poster boy, ‘this is how you do it’, blueprint for Taylor Richards.

Maybe it was wrong to question his character then, especially as the JCS we’re seeing now is the polar opposite, but we’re football fans - we fill in the gaps if the information isn’t forthcoming.

Regardless, he’s been immense this season, and just as he was slated when found wanting - rightly or wrongly - it’s only right that we recognise the impact he’s had for us.
That tackle by Clarke Salter on 08:56 - Apr 3 with 2308 viewsQPRSteve

Celtic sniffing around him apparently.
That tackle by Clarke Salter on 09:28 - Apr 3 with 2234 viewsCateLeBonR

That tackle by Clarke Salter on 01:50 - Apr 3 by Monkey_Roots

Jake ‘Class’ Salter more like!
That tackle by Clarke Salter on 10:02 - Apr 3 with 2178 viewsdmm

If the interest in JCS by Celtic and others is true, the question arises: would we take a tidy sum for him this summer, particularly if Eze stays put at Palace?

I'd prefer to keep him but the arguments for accepting good money for him are obvious.
That tackle by Clarke Salter on 12:41 - Apr 3 with 2004 viewsDannyPaddox

That tackle by Clarke Salter on 17:54 - Mar 31 by dmm

Masterful

I particularly admire the ‘all in a day’s work’ strut after the tackle’s been made and the square ball played.
That tackle by Clarke Salter on 12:55 - Apr 3 with 1958 viewsbosh67

That tackle by Clarke Salter on 10:02 - Apr 3 by dmm

If the interest in JCS by Celtic and others is true, the question arises: would we take a tidy sum for him this summer, particularly if Eze stays put at Palace?

I'd prefer to keep him but the arguments for accepting good money for him are obvious.

At the moment it is just paper talk and the fact that he is starting to realise his potential but it has only been for 27 games this year out of 40. Granted he is 26 and so I guess other clubs are looking at him because he is reaching his prime but as long as we stay up, which it looks like we could do now, he'd be better staying and learning more from Cook beside him next season.

I believe he came in on a free? Is that right. I guess if a club comes in and stumps up £5m+ it may be difficult for the club to turn it down but if the team wants to grow next season under Marti you have to wonder who would replace him and now be that good?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

That tackle by Clarke Salter on 13:14 - Apr 3 with 1905 viewsdmm

That tackle by Clarke Salter on 12:55 - Apr 3 by bosh67

At the moment it is just paper talk and the fact that he is starting to realise his potential but it has only been for 27 games this year out of 40. Granted he is 26 and so I guess other clubs are looking at him because he is reaching his prime but as long as we stay up, which it looks like we could do now, he'd be better staying and learning more from Cook beside him next season.

I believe he came in on a free? Is that right. I guess if a club comes in and stumps up £5m+ it may be difficult for the club to turn it down but if the team wants to grow next season under Marti you have to wonder who would replace him and now be that good?

He did come to us on a free from North Battersea.
That tackle by Clarke Salter on 13:50 - Apr 3 with 1811 viewscpgerber

Can that Dunne fella not play DB if JCS leaves?
That tackle by Clarke Salter on 14:23 - Apr 3 with 1699 viewsloftboy

However much I want our best players to stay, we have to take top money whilst the players are performing or risk a Dickie situation where his value drops.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024