Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread 13:39 - Apr 9 with 13393 viewsSuperhoops2808

With the football season coming to a close in a months time, some here will turn their attention to the smell of freshly mown grass and long days sat in the hot sunny weather watching the great game of cricket.

As a member of Kent Cricket Club, I got to enjoy my first match of the season against Somerset at Canterbury over the last few days. Unfortunately, as is always the way starting the season this early, the first day was lost to rain. In fact nearly all the games were affected by rain, some without a ball even being bowled.

But I did manage to get to see 2 centurions at Canterbury yesterday and a very enjoyable day of cricket (even if I did get sun burned head - Yes I know should have taken a cap).

Did anyone else get to see cricket over the last few days? I know we have several Middlesex supporters who no doubt enjoyed the 'runfest' at Lords (over 1300 runs I believe)
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 18:50 - May 26 with 1739 viewsSuperhoops2808

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 08:56 - May 26 by thame_hoops

I know what you mean, and I thought the same. There shouldn’t really be any excuses for a professional sportsman to look like that. Surely running between the wickets is as important as hitting boundaries, he doesn’t look very capable of that.

When you think that SA women ousted Dane Van Niekerk for her weight, I am pretty damn sure she would beat this guy
[Post edited 26 May 18:50]
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 19:40 - May 26 with 1699 viewsthame_hoops

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 18:50 - May 26 by Superhoops2808

When you think that SA women ousted Dane Van Niekerk for her weight, I am pretty damn sure she would beat this guy
[Post edited 26 May 18:50]

There was definitely more to that story too. I think she was shafted from what I read.
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 21:10 - May 26 with 1642 viewsSuperhoops2808

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 19:40 - May 26 by thame_hoops

There was definitely more to that story too. I think she was shafted from what I read.

100%

I have a friend in SA and she said they just didnt want her and her wife in the team together, amongst other things - Politics in sport etc, quota's
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 07:06 - May 27 with 1570 viewsMalintabuk

Was it logistically not possible to have this series over in the Caribbean/America ?
Seems a strange decision to a) expect to get a full series completed in the UK late May b) then play your first game across the other side of the world a few days later.
I thought the India test series was a shambles preparation wise, but this seems even more so.
Hope it's not the case of"First game, only Scotland"
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 15:55 - May 27 with 1482 viewseastside_r

Fantastic result for Essex sealed today at Canterbury. The weather not saving Kent like it did in April at Chelmsford.

In three innings this season Essex have scored 530 for 7, 257 for 4 and 591 for 7 against Kent (that's 1,378 runs if your counting!)

I have to ask - 'Can we play you every week?'
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 16:01 - May 27 with 1475 viewsGaryBannister86

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 15:55 - May 27 by eastside_r

Fantastic result for Essex sealed today at Canterbury. The weather not saving Kent like it did in April at Chelmsford.

In three innings this season Essex have scored 530 for 7, 257 for 4 and 591 for 7 against Kent (that's 1,378 runs if your counting!)

To be fair, I reckon I could get 200 against our current bowling line up. We've been weak in that department for years, but throw in a couple of injuries and this season it is an embarrassment. Your boys on a totally different level.

Doomed.
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 16:17 - May 27 with 1454 viewsplasmahoop

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 16:01 - May 27 by GaryBannister86

To be fair, I reckon I could get 200 against our current bowling line up. We've been weak in that department for years, but throw in a couple of injuries and this season it is an embarrassment. Your boys on a totally different level.

Doomed.

I went to Canterbury yesterday (even though I'm a middlesex supporter), for the first time in years. The frustrating thing was kent battled really hard yesterday, and then totally imploded today. Parkinson showed the top order the application needed!
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 19:07 - May 27 with 1406 viewsLoyalitat

And Kent scored 1,072 runs against us. A valid case could be made that the key point of difference between the two sides was the runs scored by Jordan Cox in both games, a player who was made in Kent.

Yes, we've won four matches, but three of those victories were against the bottom two sides in the league, and we only beat Warwickshire because they, inexplicably in my view, didn't enforce the follow-on.

The prognosis on Sam Cook's injury is yet to be determined, but the whispers at Canterbury amongst Essex fans, was that he has a hamstring injury. One can only hope that it isn't long-term because if Aaron Beard is his replacement, then we will not keep pace with Slurrey. Likewise, if Cook is selected in the England squad, thus potentially missing games at the end of August and the first game in September.

Personally hope all the "smaller" sides: Kent, Somerset, Worcestershire and Essex all stay up, and if it's at the expense of Lancashire, Warwickshire and/or Nottinghamshire even better. I wish Kent all the best against Lancashire when we revert to the proper game from 23rd June for two more rounds of fixtures..
[Post edited 27 May 21:06]
Login to get fewer ads

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 21:16 - May 27 with 1344 viewsjeffranger

I’m a Kent supporter & they’ve had a terrible start to season, their bowling attack gets smashed about every game it seems, they’ve let some half decent players leave & not replaced them, hope they can improve as season goes on
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 13:18 - May 29 with 1237 viewsSuperhoops2808

I'm not talking to you
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 13:22 - May 29 with 1217 viewsSuperhoops2808

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 21:16 - May 27 by jeffranger

I’m a Kent supporter & they’ve had a terrible start to season, their bowling attack gets smashed about every game it seems, they’ve let some half decent players leave & not replaced them, hope they can improve as season goes on

I think us having 5 bowlers out injured doesnt help and the last 2 matches we had 2 bowlers down in the 1st and 1 bowler down (very first session) in the 2nd.

Too much pressure on the batsmen when they look at the scoreboard and have to follow on for the umpteenth time.

I think the T20 break for which we generally do well in will help us reset and rebuild confidence. Then we are at home to Lancs when a certain Jimmy Anderson will apparently be playing so we need to get a result from that game.

Still think we have enough about us to avoid relegation - Feeling of Deja-Vue with cricket AND Football
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 10:26 - Jun 3 with 1003 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

T20 World Cup is underway, haven't watched any yet but will for England v Scotland tomorrow.
Anyone been to the domestic T20? Went to Surrey v Somerset yesterday, lovely day and a good lower scoring game. Always think the 160 odd games where there's something in it for the bowlers is better to watch.
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 10:36 - Jun 3 with 980 viewsGaryBannister86

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 10:26 - Jun 3 by BlackAndGoldRanger

T20 World Cup is underway, haven't watched any yet but will for England v Scotland tomorrow.
Anyone been to the domestic T20? Went to Surrey v Somerset yesterday, lovely day and a good lower scoring game. Always think the 160 odd games where there's something in it for the bowlers is better to watch.

Been invited by a member to Middlesex v Glamorgan on Thurs evening. Never been in the pavilion before, thought it's something I must see once! Anyone been in, what's it like?
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 10:49 - Jun 3 with 941 viewsTheChef

Any investment Middlesex might have to make in their squad, it clearly ain't going on white ball cricket.

T20 bowling "attack" has been the same buffet quality for three seasons at least. Honestly don't know why they bother with the competition.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 11:26 - Jun 3 with 893 viewsTheChef

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 10:36 - Jun 3 by GaryBannister86

Been invited by a member to Middlesex v Glamorgan on Thurs evening. Never been in the pavilion before, thought it's something I must see once! Anyone been in, what's it like?

Well by all accounts the beer is cheaper.

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 11:27 - Jun 3 with 892 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 10:36 - Jun 3 by GaryBannister86

I've only been for County in the pavilion where it was bench seating, very stuffy and you had to wear a tie and jacket when you were inside. Haven't been for the T20 there, assuming they drop some of the requirements but don't hold me to that. Food was good, beer was the same as elsewhere, views are the best.
Going in the mound stand for Middx v Surrey later in June.
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 11:32 - Jun 3 with 864 viewsTheChef

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 11:27 - Jun 3 by BlackAndGoldRanger

I've only been for County in the pavilion where it was bench seating, very stuffy and you had to wear a tie and jacket when you were inside. Haven't been for the T20 there, assuming they drop some of the requirements but don't hold me to that. Food was good, beer was the same as elsewhere, views are the best.
Going in the mound stand for Middx v Surrey later in June.

You still need to wear a jacket and tie, whichever format is being played!

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 11:33 - Jun 3 with 860 viewsGaryBannister86

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 11:32 - Jun 3 by TheChef

Thanks, I did fear that. Time to dig down the wardrobe....
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 11:34 - Jun 3 with 850 viewsRangersw12

Also went to Surrey v Somerset . Beautiful day with some quality cricket on show .

Looking forward to seeing Smith in the England team in the near future
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 12:28 - Jun 3 with 786 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 11:32 - Jun 3 by TheChef

Ouch. I guess that's what you expect if you are a member.
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 13:14 - Jun 3 with 721 viewsthame_hoops

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 11:33 - Jun 3 by GaryBannister86

Thanks, I did fear that. Time to dig down the wardrobe....

Middlesex member here, I’ll be at the game Thursday. Believe it or not they specify you have to wear socks now. I think some people were wearing those skinny trousers and shoes without socks.
For the hundred you can wear what you like. It’s weird seeing the pavilion full of people in T-shirts.
[Post edited 3 Jun 13:15]
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 13:33 - Jun 3 with 684 viewsTheChef

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 13:14 - Jun 3 by thame_hoops

Middlesex member here, I’ll be at the game Thursday. Believe it or not they specify you have to wear socks now. I think some people were wearing those skinny trousers and shoes without socks.
For the hundred you can wear what you like. It’s weird seeing the pavilion full of people in T-shirts.
[Post edited 3 Jun 13:15]

The Hundred, you can wear what you like???

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 14:24 - Jun 3 with 637 viewslondonscottish

Are you talking about yesterday's game?

If so, I was there and really enjoyed the T20 format. I'd only been to one game before; day 3 of a 5 day test at Lord's when NZ were batting for a draw. I saw 78 runs and 1 wicket that day......

The high speed nature of yesterday appealed to me. Even my wife enjoyed it.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 08:13 - Jun 4 with 533 viewsstowmarketrange

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 13:33 - Jun 3 by TheChef

The Hundred, you can wear what you like???

Is that Fulham’s new kit?
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 07:20 - Jun 5 with 404 viewsGaryBannister86

Not enjoying Matthew Mott saying that we were favourites to chase down 109 in 10 overs against Scotland. Uneven bounce, we were playing poorly, world cup chasing pressure - an even game at best even with our batting line-up.

A strange thing to be bullish about, obviously don't want to come out and say we were struggling but I think it was a tad disrespectful, a bit delusional, to say we were clear favourites. I think his back is against the wall with this job and he knows it.

Was an ordinary bowling performance again, apart from one over by Adil we lacked class and guile. As much as Jordan is a phenomenal fielder he really does go round the park more often than not.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024