Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we staying up? 10:28 - Apr 14 with 10419 viewsGloucs_R

Are we staying up?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Interested to know how we all feel now.

It's going to be tight but I think we will get another win.
[Post edited 14 Apr 10:29]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Are we staying up? on 14:38 - Apr 14 with 2803 viewslave16

Are we staying up? on 14:19 - Apr 14 by YorkRanger

We probably need one win, or maybe a win and a draw. Would be good to get something towards that against Preston, but it will not be season defining if we don't.

If we don't beat Preston we a goosed

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Are we staying up? on 14:44 - Apr 14 with 2771 viewsFDC

Can't call it at all. I was convinced we were down months ago, then convinced we were safe after Swansea. Looks like it could go to the final day, which will be horrendous 🤣
Are we staying up? on 15:27 - Apr 14 with 2686 viewsManinBlack

I blame myself for the latest downturn. After victory in Swansea I declared on here that with 6 games to go it would not be a good time for us to go on one of our favoured 6 game winless runs. Three games later that is where we appear to be.

The problem with the Preston visit is we won up there and that usually means we won't win the return at home. Getting a double is something this very limited team seems incapable of doing. For all the talk of an upturn since Marti arrived it will be irrelevant if we still go down.

People can blame Ainsworth with justification but how do you explain that we win away at Cardiff and Middlesbrough under useless Ainsworth and lose the return home games under Marti the messiah? At the end of the day it probably hinges on the attitudes of the players and their limited ability so if they down tools on yet another manager as they are prone to doing then we could drop. I hope for better in the last three than witnessed in the three games just gone.
Are we staying up? on 16:23 - Apr 14 with 2559 viewsDamo1962

Are we staying up? on 15:27 - Apr 14 by ManinBlack

I blame myself for the latest downturn. After victory in Swansea I declared on here that with 6 games to go it would not be a good time for us to go on one of our favoured 6 game winless runs. Three games later that is where we appear to be.

The problem with the Preston visit is we won up there and that usually means we won't win the return at home. Getting a double is something this very limited team seems incapable of doing. For all the talk of an upturn since Marti arrived it will be irrelevant if we still go down.

People can blame Ainsworth with justification but how do you explain that we win away at Cardiff and Middlesbrough under useless Ainsworth and lose the return home games under Marti the messiah? At the end of the day it probably hinges on the attitudes of the players and their limited ability so if they down tools on yet another manager as they are prone to doing then we could drop. I hope for better in the last three than witnessed in the three games just gone.

I said the same about us going on winless runs. The end of this season... is starting to resemble the end of last season. Hope MC and the players are focused for the remaining games. Could be GD that saves us in the end.
Are we staying up? on 16:44 - Apr 14 with 2506 viewsjoolsyp

Interested to know how many times in the last 40 years or so that our relegation (or promotion) has gone down to the last game of the season? I remember Man City of course, Palace at home, Luton at home and Furlong’s header, Coventry away and Eoin bloody Jess. Leeds at home with Faurlingate and the threat of a points deduction.

Any others?
Are we staying up? on 17:17 - Apr 14 with 2432 viewsMatch82

Are we staying up? on 11:20 - Apr 14 by daveB

Birmingham have Rotherham to play plus away at huddersfield and a home game v Norwich, who will likely be resting people for the playoffs so they should get 6 points at least. We'll need at least one more win, possibly 2

If we've learnt anything from the last month it's surely that logic for who "should beat" who has flown out of the window.

Leicester "should" have beaten Plymouth and millwall, Leeds should have beaten Blackburn.

50 points will be enough, whether we'll get there or not is the question.
Are we staying up? on 17:31 - Apr 14 with 2420 viewsHarbour

1 win or 3 draws should do it if we fail to do that I think we will go down..
Are we staying up? on 20:55 - Apr 14 with 2233 viewssilverbirch

Are we staying up? on 14:07 - Apr 14 by timjones

Putting on my optimistic head, atm both Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday would have to get 4 MORE points (inferior goal difference) than us in just 3 matches. Huddersfield also need to play Birmingham so IF they do win that one they’ll take points from a team currently below us in the table. We play Preston on Saturday at 17.15. Preston play Southampton away on Tuesday and Norwich play Swansea at home on Saturday at 3pm so there’s a fair chance that when Preston ko against us they’ll have just learnt that they won’t be able to qualify for the playoffs…hopefully they’ll be easier to beat or at least draw against. Looking further ahead to the Coventry match highly likely they’ll be out of the playoffs. However, on the negative side we don’t score many goals. I still think that we’ll get over that line though as quite a lot is favouring us.

Thanks. I feel a little better.
Login to get fewer ads

Are we staying up? on 08:11 - Apr 15 with 1970 viewsNorthernr

Putting on my optimistic head, atm both Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday would have to get 4 MORE points (inferior goal difference) than us in just 3 matches. Huddersfield also need to play Birmingham so IF they do win that one they’ll take points from a team currently below us in the table. We play Preston on Saturday at 17.15. Preston play Southampton away on Tuesday and Norwich play Swansea at home on Saturday at 3pm so there’s a fair chance that when Preston ko against us they’ll have just learnt that they won’t be able to qualify for the playoffs…hopefully they’ll be easier to beat or at least draw against. Looking further ahead to the Coventry match highly likely they’ll be out of the playoffs. However, on the negative side we don’t score many goals. I still think that we’ll get over that line though as quite a lot is favouring us.

That's basically word for word what I'm clinging to as well.

That Preston midweek trip to Southampton could be very nicely timed for us. All the way down there Tuesday, back home, all the way back to London Saturday, for games that like you say probably aren't going to matter for them now.

Was reading one of the analytics accounts during the week and they said in the Championship when teams play 'away fatigued' (playing an away game after another game within the previous 3/4 days) their away win ratio over the season drops by 15% vs baseline. When you play a 'double away' i.e. a second away game within four days, the away win ratio drops again even below that.
Are we staying up? on 08:35 - Apr 15 with 1914 viewsWatford_Ranger

Are we staying up? on 08:11 - Apr 15 by Northernr

That's basically word for word what I'm clinging to as well.

That Preston midweek trip to Southampton could be very nicely timed for us. All the way down there Tuesday, back home, all the way back to London Saturday, for games that like you say probably aren't going to matter for them now.

Was reading one of the analytics accounts during the week and they said in the Championship when teams play 'away fatigued' (playing an away game after another game within the previous 3/4 days) their away win ratio over the season drops by 15% vs baseline. When you play a 'double away' i.e. a second away game within four days, the away win ratio drops again even below that.

Yes I read that. Very good piece.

This weekend’s games are terrifying. Our best hope is Preston aren’t too bothered as Birmingham should* beat Rotherham and Hudds really need to be beating Swansea at home. SW taking the usual 737483847 fans to Blackburn too who are nearly safe.

If you offered me the 50 points now I’m taking it and hoping for the best but that gap is more likely to close than widen this weekend.
Are we staying up? on 08:36 - Apr 15 with 1912 viewsNed_Kennedys

This Saturday before we play Huddersfield, Birmingham and Stoke below us have as easy games as they could wish for at this stage of the season playing home to Swansea, away to Rotherham and home to Plymouth respectively. One of those opponents are now safe and one is already down: we really need Plymouth to beat Stoke to secure their own safety.

I’m sure they will be all counting on three points from these fixtures which would mean they all overtake or get level with us: can’t see at least two of them not winning. Sheffield Wednesday play Blackburn away on Sunday: luckily Blackburn also need a win to secure safety so hopefully they will do us a big favour.

Tough round of games for us this weekend and a failure to win will surely put us just outside the relegation zone by a point or goal difference. Need to win.
Are we staying up? on 08:55 - Apr 15 with 1851 viewsNorthernr

Are we staying up? on 08:35 - Apr 15 by Watford_Ranger

Yes I read that. Very good piece.

This weekend’s games are terrifying. Our best hope is Preston aren’t too bothered as Birmingham should* beat Rotherham and Hudds really need to be beating Swansea at home. SW taking the usual 737483847 fans to Blackburn too who are nearly safe.

If you offered me the 50 points now I’m taking it and hoping for the best but that gap is more likely to close than widen this weekend.

Yeh's it a fcking horrible weekend of fixtures elsewhere for us. I'm expecting at least 3/4 of them to win.
Are we staying up? on 09:00 - Apr 15 with 1828 viewsGaryBannister86

Are we staying up? on 08:55 - Apr 15 by Northernr

Yeh's it a fcking horrible weekend of fixtures elsewhere for us. I'm expecting at least 3/4 of them to win.

At least playing later than all but one means the players will know exactly what kind of poo we are in. Don't know whether that affects their mentality but hopefully will ensure the energy is kept up and we don't have another one of those home games where we never get going.

Or we will collapse under the pressure.
Are we staying up? on 09:23 - Apr 15 with 1763 viewsstowmarketrange

Are we staying up? on 08:55 - Apr 15 by Northernr

It’ll be a long 90 mins watching ssn in the White horse before the game,hoping and praying that the teams around us are losing,or at least not winning.
Are we staying up? on 09:43 - Apr 15 with 1702 viewsdaveB

Are we staying up? on 14:38 - Apr 14 by lave16

If we don't beat Preston we a goosed

Well the situation will still be the same if we don't beat them, we'd still need to win at least 1 of the last 2 games so it would be far from over, just more difficult
Are we staying up? on 09:45 - Apr 15 with 1681 viewsGaryBannister86

Are we staying up? on 09:43 - Apr 15 by daveB

Well the situation will still be the same if we don't beat them, we'd still need to win at least 1 of the last 2 games so it would be far from over, just more difficult

That's so true. If we think 3 more points will do it, then we have 3 chances to get them. Doesn't matter at the end of the season which one it is, and as we all know we are bound to play better against Leeds than the other two.

But please lord let it be Sat so we can get a little more comfortable.
Are we staying up? on 09:54 - Apr 15 with 1641 viewsellersliehoop

I'm not sure if Preston having nothing to play for potentially is a good thing or a bad thing?!?

If they're still in with a play off chance they will need a win so makes for a more open game potentially. If they're out of the play offs they play with more freedom as there's nothing at stake
Are we staying up? on 10:01 - Apr 15 with 1623 viewsrobith

It is personally very hard to shake the sensation that having clawed ourselves so close to freedom, we have ballsed up. Currently I'd be very surprised if we stay up, but it all hinges on Saturday evening really
[Post edited 15 Apr 10:38]
Are we staying up? on 10:16 - Apr 15 with 1560 viewsellersliehoop

Are we staying up? on 10:01 - Apr 15 by robith

It is personally very hard to shake the sensation that having clawed ourselves so close to freedom, we have ballsed up. Currently I'd be very surprised if we stay up, but it all hinges on Saturday evening really
[Post edited 15 Apr 10:38]

I tend to agree

It feels like we did all the hard work after beating Birmingham & Swansea over Easter, but have shot ourselves in the foot with a dire display against SW and a Begovic error at Plymouth. I can see us going down now sadly.
Are we staying up? on 10:59 - Apr 15 with 1463 viewsWatford_Ranger

Are we staying up? on 08:36 - Apr 15 by Ned_Kennedys

This Saturday before we play Huddersfield, Birmingham and Stoke below us have as easy games as they could wish for at this stage of the season playing home to Swansea, away to Rotherham and home to Plymouth respectively. One of those opponents are now safe and one is already down: we really need Plymouth to beat Stoke to secure their own safety.

I’m sure they will be all counting on three points from these fixtures which would mean they all overtake or get level with us: can’t see at least two of them not winning. Sheffield Wednesday play Blackburn away on Sunday: luckily Blackburn also need a win to secure safety so hopefully they will do us a big favour.

Tough round of games for us this weekend and a failure to win will surely put us just outside the relegation zone by a point or goal difference. Need to win.

Then again if Plymouth lose they’re really struggling to hit 50 themselves.
Are we staying up? on 11:06 - Apr 15 with 1437 viewsNed_Kennedys

Are we staying up? on 10:59 - Apr 15 by Watford_Ranger

Then again if Plymouth lose they’re really struggling to hit 50 themselves.

Not sure as they’d have away at Millwall and home to Hull to finish: both easier games than our last two.
Are we staying up? on 11:19 - Apr 15 with 1373 viewsNorthernr

Fck me it's horrible isn't it. A long week ahead.
Are we staying up? on 11:25 - Apr 15 with 1343 viewsMonkey_Roots

This time next week we'll have a much clearer idea of what's required.

The boards next Monday are going to be very interesting.
Are we staying up? on 12:16 - Apr 15 with 1233 viewsellersliehoop

Are we staying up? on 11:19 - Apr 15 by Northernr

Fck me it's horrible isn't it. A long week ahead.

And the worst 2 hours of the week will commence at 5.15pm on Saturday.
Are we staying up? on 12:44 - Apr 15 with 1140 viewsTheChef

Are we staying up? on 12:10 - Apr 14 by Ned_Kennedys

Honestly you really think one moment is the reason we are getting relegated??
There are 4140 minutes in a season (plus 100s of minutes added time): for most of those minutes we have been rubbish this season and that’s the reason we are close to relegation.
People need to see the bigger picture.

Looking at our goals scored column should also give people a clue...

I think we'll stay up but it's going to be painful.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024