Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Ramsey 15:28 - Apr 24 with 7900 viewsHayesender

Top coach

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Chris Ramsey on 20:27 - Apr 24 with 2814 viewsPunteR

I'll buy into this. We were shit back then.

Anyway.. old news really.

Its done and dusted and onwards and upwards...

Leeds next.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Chris Ramsey on 20:39 - Apr 24 with 2783 viewsmcqpr10

Pretty fed up of hearing from onouha. Never wanted to sign for us and always pined for city as he complained about our facilities and squad.
Made a lot of money from us and threw his toys out the pram when les didn’t want to give him the same money anymore in the championship. Which was the right decision as always had a mistake in him and was poor on the ball. Always felt he needed a more experienced player to lead him like hill/dunne.
Chris Ramsey on 21:07 - Apr 24 with 2687 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I have very little respect for anyone who breaks the bond of the dressing room. A squad and their management go through something together, they stand together and they keep silence together and for ever.

Funny stories, fine. Informative general information, fine. But this is breaking the bond.

Onouha has made a post-playing career out of breaking that bond and encouraging others to do the same. So I have, I'm afraid, very little respect for him.

This is muckraking, and it's unprofessional.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Chris Ramsey on 21:29 - Apr 24 with 2606 viewsconnell10

Chris Ramsey on 21:07 - Apr 24 by BrianMcCarthy

I have very little respect for anyone who breaks the bond of the dressing room. A squad and their management go through something together, they stand together and they keep silence together and for ever.

Funny stories, fine. Informative general information, fine. But this is breaking the bond.

Onouha has made a post-playing career out of breaking that bond and encouraging others to do the same. So I have, I'm afraid, very little respect for him.

Seems spiteful, just dont get it .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Chris Ramsey on 21:41 - Apr 24 with 2569 viewsJames_Paddocks

Not a fan of this tbh.
Chris Ramsey on 21:54 - Apr 24 with 2485 viewsPunteR

There was no respect in that dressing room. We watched our club just get bummed by everyone. If Ramsey was acting like that, then its right he gets called out.
I used to call Onouha out back in those days and took me a while to appreciate his value to the squad.
Its history now, but this is exactly what our fans wanted , just a bit of info on what went wrong back then. Of course it wasnt just Ramsey, but these are all small pieces of that QPR puzzle back in those TF days.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Chris Ramsey on 22:04 - Apr 24 with 2435 viewsGus_iom

What happens in Stockport, stays in Stockport.
Chris Ramsey on 22:22 - Apr 24 with 2362 viewsStJude82

Chris Ramsey on 20:27 - Apr 24 by PunteR

I'll buy into this. We were shit back then.

Anyway.. old news really.

Its done and dusted and onwards and upwards...

Leeds next.

It's time we shat all these people out of the club and move on. Onwards and upwards with Marti!
Login to get fewer ads

Chris Ramsey on 22:46 - Apr 24 with 2288 viewsmart_Goblin

In general I think Ned talks well so I’m a little torn on this .
It’s right that we hear about some of the colossal amounts of sh*t that were going on at the club at the time because it was (and still is at times) an utter circus and laughing stock . He walked into a sh*t show that’s for sure.

However , Ned seems to like having a bit of a whinge about Rangers in lots of different aspects .
Am I making this up or was it Ned who when offered the Forever R’s ‘membership’ turned it down ‘until he is ready’ as others had been included before he had been, much to his annoyance?
Seems rather pathetic if I have that correct.

He is an intelligent guy but along with someone like Sol Campbell who I hear on the radio a fair bit, seems to think he’s owed something he hasn’t been given yet .
Ned was ok . He wasn’t a great player. Could never fault his effort but don’t act like you came here and lead us to Champions League dominance!
Maybe try being humble and look back at your career with pride and joy but it comes across thst he didn’t really enjoy being a footballer at all.
Chris Ramsey on 23:07 - Apr 24 with 2210 viewswombat

Chris Ramsey on 22:46 - Apr 24 by mart_Goblin

It’s right that we hear about some of the colossal amounts of sh*t that were going on at the club at the time because it was (and still is at times) an utter circus and laughing stock . He walked into a sh*t show that’s for sure.

However , Ned seems to like having a bit of a whinge about Rangers in lots of different aspects .
Am I making this up or was it Ned who when offered the Forever R’s ‘membership’ turned it down ‘until he is ready’ as others had been included before he had been, much to his annoyance?

He is an intelligent guy but along with someone like Sol Campbell who I hear on the radio a fair bit, seems to think he’s owed something he hasn’t been given yet .
Ned was ok . He wasn’t a great player. Could never fault his effort but don’t act like you came here and lead us to Champions League dominance!
Maybe try being humble and look back at your career with pride and joy but it comes across thst he didn’t really enjoy being a footballer at all.

I’m sure his family wanted him to be a doctor not a footballer ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Chris Ramsey on 01:24 - Apr 25 with 2062 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Chris Ramsey on 22:46 - Apr 24 by mart_Goblin

Yeah, I agree. Ramsey was a nonsensical appointment, so I'm not surprised to hear him portrayed in a negative light. Not sure what's so bad about having a Gola bag or tying your tracksuit top round your waist though.

Nedum looks petty doing this. I guess it's because football coverage relies on bantz now, such as slagging off your former manager on a podcast.
Chris Ramsey on 05:17 - Apr 25 with 1957 viewslassel

The fact that so many players from that era have spoken out about what a total shitshow it was suggests that indeed there was no mutual respect for each other and as we all knew already, it was a bunch of mercenaries thrown together in inflated salaries and expected to make it work.
Chris Ramsey on 09:52 - Apr 25 with 1653 viewsTomS

Chris Ramsey on 20:21 - Apr 24 by PunteR

Surely it was Crossroads he was watching?
#LBlock

I'd say it was a re-run of Bottom.
Chris Ramsey on 10:34 - Apr 25 with 1567 viewsChrisNW6

Chris Ramsey on 22:04 - Apr 24 by Gus_iom

What happens in Stockport, stays in Stockport.

👍 Bredbury Hall.....what a place 👏
Chris Ramsey on 11:00 - Apr 25 with 1498 viewsrobith

I'm not totally aligned to that Brian (some of the stuff he's said about Barton I think we as fans deserve to know), and I quite like Ned, but he's clearly run out of material to keep himself going and this is some barrel scraping that makes me think less of him
Chris Ramsey on 11:08 - Apr 25 with 1482 viewsR_from_afar

Chris Ramsey on 01:24 - Apr 25 by Wegerles_Stairs

Yeah, I agree. Ramsey was a nonsensical appointment, so I'm not surprised to hear him portrayed in a negative light. Not sure what's so bad about having a Gola bag or tying your tracksuit top round your waist though.

Nedum looks petty doing this. I guess it's because football coverage relies on bantz now, such as slagging off your former manager on a podcast.

"Not sure what's so bad about having a Gola bag or tying your tracksuit top round your waist though".

Agreed, those things are irrelevant, flagging them up is puerile.

The question I'd love interviewers to ask in these situations is what did you, as a senior pro, personally do about these issues you are highlighting?

I'd far rather players do what Chris Martin did and call out problems as they are occurring, and can therefore still be addressed, rather than bring them up years later.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Chris Ramsey on 11:53 - Apr 25 with 1340 viewsBoston

Ned had a decent chip on him though, shame it was on both shoulders.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Chris Ramsey on 12:48 - Apr 25 with 1232 viewsMonkey_Roots

Chris Ramsey on 10:34 - Apr 25 by ChrisNW6

👍 Bredbury Hall.....what a place 👏

er, is that Dewsbury's brother?
Chris Ramsey on 13:40 - Apr 25 with 1119 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Chris Ramsey on 11:00 - Apr 25 by robith

I'm not totally aligned to that Brian (some of the stuff he's said about Barton I think we as fans deserve to know), and I quite like Ned, but he's clearly run out of material to keep himself going and this is some barrel scraping that makes me think less of him

Fair enough, my man. I still love you, baby.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Chris Ramsey on 13:49 - Apr 25 with 1052 viewsLogman

Pathetic

Football is getting called out for its lack of respect and yet you have former professional players bad-mouthing their former employers in public

Try doing a job where you are more constructive
Chris Ramsey on 23:13 - Apr 25 with 728 viewsThe_Beast1976

Chris Ramsey on 18:04 - Apr 24 by ed_83

We might not agree on everything (anything) else, but I have you right on this one.

Players and managers opening up on podcasts can sometimes be a really good thing, particularly when it's bringing transparency to issues which don't get talked about enough - I thought Dele's interview with Gary Neville was really powerful, for instance, and Les' podcast with Simon Jordan was fascinating whatever your views on whether he was any good as a DoF.

But things like this, airing stuff from the dressing room which you'd previously have expected people to keep private, just feels like settling old scores without any risk of pushback. Cheap, self-interested and extremely unedifying for everyone involved.
[Post edited 24 Apr 18:05]

Bloke's a pr1ck
Chris Ramsey on 23:17 - Apr 25 with 722 viewsGus_iom

Chris Ramsey on 23:07 - Apr 24 by wombat

I’m sure his family wanted him to be a doctor not a footballer ?

I felt the same way at times
Chris Ramsey on 23:53 - Apr 25 with 666 viewsqprd

Chris Ramsey on 17:10 - Apr 24 by Ned_Kennedys

Not sure I’d give Ned a lot of credibility after he claimed QPR offered him a new contract where he would not be paid any money.

Same guy who said he was leaving qpr to be closer to his family in Manchester and then went to real salt lake
Chris Ramsey on 03:37 - Apr 26 with 551 viewsnumptydumpty

He has built a career as a pundit

In general, sitting on the fence, is deemed tedious in TV world.

He had a decent career not a stellar career and his time with us, was what you might call interesting, in that everything here was totally nuts !!!!

If he had said about Ramseys love of Ian Beale and his mates and conquests then he was just looking for another angle to make up something memorable

He clearly wants a career in punditry and the most interesting part of his career was with us.

Yes I agree withsome that what happens in the dressing room stays in the dressing room, but who is going tune in for that.

He is trying to be a journalist more in the mode of Piers Morgan as against Huw Edwards but then that's another story entirely

He does though seem to have little to say on a positive note about QPR but financially he did extremely well out of us, being paid handsomely over a six year period.

And Ramsey loving the Queen Vic, well there was a hell of a soap opera going on at Rangers back then anyhow

But if Nedum wants to be controversial and say these things then interview Barton, interview Redknapp, interview Ramsey.

On his own pod, he used to only get on his mates, but say these things direct to these people and let them, have their comeback.

That I would tune in for !!!
[Post edited 26 Apr 3:38]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Chris Ramsey on 04:47 - Apr 26 with 523 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Basically, aside of the last few minutes of the 2014 PO final, I've moved on from everything and everyone involved with the monstrous cock-up and embarrassment orchestrated by that useless lump of turd from KL.

Fcuk the lot of 'em!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024