Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another sponsor bites the dust 22:32 - Apr 25 with 3832 viewswombat

I see that our present sponsor convivia went belly up in feb this year , did wonder why no fanfare with the new sponsors for next season

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Another sponsor bites the dust on 22:38 - Apr 25 with 3105 viewsNorthernr

Makes sense, I was sure they signed a three year deal.
The curse of the QPR shirt strikes again.
Another sponsor bites the dust on 22:38 - Apr 25 with 3102 viewsSpaceman_P

in terms of a design, it actually looked great on the shirts.
Another sponsor bites the dust on 22:48 - Apr 25 with 3054 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Didn't know that, wombat. Bad news for the workers.

Those ads on the offish stream detailing the owner's life from local Rangers-supporting youth to receiving the acclaim of the Loftus Road faithful always struck an odd note. Slightly messianic somehow.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Another sponsor bites the dust on 22:50 - Apr 25 with 3030 viewsQPsyR

I just don't get that a club like QPR, by every metric one of the top 150 clubs in the world, I cannot understand.

Then again Freidman said the business of business is business and donations to charity's are fundamentally subversive so could be that.

FKA AcidPixie

Another sponsor bites the dust on 23:08 - Apr 25 with 2919 viewsdaveB

Thats a real shame, local firm run by a QPR fan I think
Another sponsor bites the dust on 23:11 - Apr 25 with 2898 viewsBakes

Ashville Aggregates is also in Liquidation

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Another sponsor bites the dust on 23:27 - Apr 25 with 2827 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Another sponsor bites the dust on 23:11 - Apr 25 by Bakes

Ashville Aggregates is also in Liquidation

Christ. Another blow.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Another sponsor bites the dust on 23:32 - Apr 25 with 2792 viewsBakes

Another sponsor bites the dust on 23:27 - Apr 25 by BrianMcCarthy

Christ. Another blow.

Looked further into it, The Ashville group is still doing well but the aggregates company that sponsored us was liquidated.

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Login to get fewer ads

Another sponsor bites the dust on 23:49 - Apr 25 with 2730 viewsqueensparker

It’s happening all round lads. Tough times ahead. I’ve never known so many people blowing up and I’m an old man.
Another sponsor bites the dust on 02:45 - Apr 26 with 2531 viewsPunteR

Another sponsor bites the dust on 23:49 - Apr 25 by queensparker

It’s happening all round lads. Tough times ahead. I’ve never known so many people blowing up and I’m an old man.

Its coming to a head. Its just not sustainable with the rise in cost for everything.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Another sponsor bites the dust on 07:52 - Apr 26 with 2258 viewsJuzzie

Maybe i’m boring but instead of just ticking along nicely everyone has to reach for the stars and go for broke. Individuals maxing out mortgages and credit cards to have the best house and car possible, businesses maxing out to go for the utopia 3% year on year growth.
No one leaves room for margins of error or allowances for things like interest rises etc.

None of it is sustainable.
[Post edited 26 Apr 7:57]
Another sponsor bites the dust on 08:02 - Apr 26 with 2184 viewsstevec

Another sponsor bites the dust on 02:45 - Apr 26 by PunteR

Its coming to a head. Its just not sustainable with the rise in cost for everything.

Massive housing shortage, building projects have become unaffordable and one way or another we’ve net increased the population of the country by 400,000 a year for the last 25 years and it’s still going upwards of that.

Any wonder why everything in this country is fcked?
Another sponsor bites the dust on 08:11 - Apr 26 with 2148 viewsParkRoyalR

Another sponsor bites the dust on 23:08 - Apr 25 by daveB

Thats a real shame, local firm run by a QPR fan I think

Bush lad but was a Spurs fan when I knew him in 80's / 90's

Fair play, we helped raise his profile, awarded OBE for services for Social Mobility, we move on.
Another sponsor bites the dust on 08:21 - Apr 26 with 2100 viewsParkRoyalR

Another sponsor bites the dust on 22:48 - Apr 25 by BrianMcCarthy

Didn't know that, wombat. Bad news for the workers.

Those ads on the offish stream detailing the owner's life from local Rangers-supporting youth to receiving the acclaim of the Loftus Road faithful always struck an odd note. Slightly messianic somehow.

Brian, you saw it right, raise your profile, no doubt employ a consultant to lobby for an honour, bag said honour, get various non exec roles, move on up, fair play to the lad, you gotta fake it to make it, sometimes..
Another sponsor bites the dust on 08:26 - Apr 26 with 2053 viewsGaryBannister86

I never quite get the companies who sponsor us that are business to business suppliers. I understand raising profile, etc, although the Rs are hardly the best at doing that, but it's not like I am going to make sure I buy some Aggregates cement popping home from the game is it?

Sadly, the CopyBet stuff I get. I really wish we didn't have to go down that track, but I am sure beggars can't be choosers.
Another sponsor bites the dust on 08:32 - Apr 26 with 2010 viewsGloucs_R

Another sponsor bites the dust on 08:26 - Apr 26 by GaryBannister86

I never quite get the companies who sponsor us that are business to business suppliers. I understand raising profile, etc, although the Rs are hardly the best at doing that, but it's not like I am going to make sure I buy some Aggregates cement popping home from the game is it?

Sadly, the CopyBet stuff I get. I really wish we didn't have to go down that track, but I am sure beggars can't be choosers.

Probably more to do with corporate hospitality and bringing your clients to a match day experience.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Another sponsor bites the dust on 08:34 - Apr 26 with 1994 viewsGaryBannister86

Another sponsor bites the dust on 08:32 - Apr 26 by Gloucs_R

Probably more to do with corporate hospitality and bringing your clients to a match day experience.

Fair point - poor sods.
Another sponsor bites the dust on 08:42 - Apr 26 with 1965 viewsslmrstid

I was expecting MyGuava to go actually, their financials are a typical fin-tech company that's taken a load of private equity cash and swallowed it all up, but they still seem to be around for now.

I'm in the construction industry myself and our turnover has halved in the last twelve months as projects have just come to a standstill. We're not at risk of going under but we've had to lose a lot of direct staff, which all has a knock-on somewhere.
Another sponsor bites the dust on 08:45 - Apr 26 with 1945 viewsLblock

Another sponsor bites the dust on 23:49 - Apr 25 by queensparker

Lots of discussion on this lately.

My team in work will basically run out of work in July.
Until now I’ve been saying something will come along as it always does but now it’s getting a bit scratchy and I’m concerned for the first time in ages.

Interest rates still too high, inflation still too high, too many people, too much WFH, and the prospect of a general election with a bit of turmoil after that all sprinkled on top of major conflicts around the world does not lend to a stable and strong economy anywhere.

Just hope we stay up!!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Another sponsor bites the dust on 09:12 - Apr 26 with 1852 viewsEsox_Lucius

Another sponsor bites the dust on 08:02 - Apr 26 by stevec

Massive housing shortage, building projects have become unaffordable and one way or another we’ve net increased the population of the country by 400,000 a year for the last 25 years and it’s still going upwards of that.

Any wonder why everything in this country is fcked?

I think you'll find that the population of the HofC is more to blame for everything in this country being fücked.

The grass is always greener.

Another sponsor bites the dust on 09:47 - Apr 26 with 1709 viewsWatford_Ranger

I was just about to buy a dozen Convivias too. No idea what they are/were.

I had a look on the CopyBet site so I guess it’s working. Looks a bit scammy.
Another sponsor bites the dust on 10:56 - Apr 26 with 1514 viewsstevec

Another sponsor bites the dust on 09:12 - Apr 26 by Esox_Lucius

I think you'll find that the population of the HofC is more to blame for everything in this country being fücked.

Absolutely. Like I say, over 25 years of mismanagement in the HofC, but do you genuinely think that’s about to improve?!
Another sponsor bites the dust on 12:21 - Apr 26 with 1309 viewsQPR_Jim

Another sponsor bites the dust on 08:45 - Apr 26 by Lblock

Lots of discussion on this lately.

My team in work will basically run out of work in July.
Until now I’ve been saying something will come along as it always does but now it’s getting a bit scratchy and I’m concerned for the first time in ages.

Interest rates still too high, inflation still too high, too many people, too much WFH, and the prospect of a general election with a bit of turmoil after that all sprinkled on top of major conflicts around the world does not lend to a stable and strong economy anywhere.

Just hope we stay up!!!!

I'm intrigued by the comment about WFH, I'm in the construction industry (consultant) and WFH 2 day's a week. We've recently been asked to consider coming back in 5 days a week but I'm not convinced it will change anything. It would be good to get a different opinion of it if you've had first hand experience of the negatives of WFH, especially within the same sector.
Another sponsor bites the dust on 12:32 - Apr 26 with 1253 viewsLblock

Another sponsor bites the dust on 12:21 - Apr 26 by QPR_Jim

I'm intrigued by the comment about WFH, I'm in the construction industry (consultant) and WFH 2 day's a week. We've recently been asked to consider coming back in 5 days a week but I'm not convinced it will change anything. It would be good to get a different opinion of it if you've had first hand experience of the negatives of WFH, especially within the same sector.

I work in the central London and West End fit out market

I think we’re coming to the end of the post COVID uptick where companies downsized, reshaped and invested in IT solutions
That’s combined with general economic issues

Don’t get me wrong, I’m bang up for WFH myself as my role allows it and I was doing it long before the pandemic. However if you’ve less people going into the office you have less need for companies to be investing in new office space, less travel for business so less hotels and other spin off industries being supported.

I don’t think Construction is on its arse (yet) but in my bit of the sector there’s a definite downturn
I’m sure we’ll be fine as there is still a noted skills shortage and once the interest rate drops I’m sure speculative development will pick up again.
I could do with it ticking along for 18 months more when I can then either retire or semi retire

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Another sponsor bites the dust on 12:40 - Apr 26 with 1197 viewsWatford_Ranger

Another sponsor bites the dust on 12:21 - Apr 26 by QPR_Jim

I’d pack the job in and take my chances finding a hybrid/remote one if they told us to be in five days. Making people poorer and reducing their leisure time for nothing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024