Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cifuentes on Leeds 00:10 - Apr 27 with 5829 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Cifuentes on Leeds on 00:17 - Apr 27 with 3783 viewsQuillPenRiot

He’s the real thing. The way he’s transformed the players, in their technique and motivations, how he’s out managed other renown managers with the plate he was given, how we fcccking dominated a top of the table team, came back from a monmumentally bad league standing…he can even keep Sinclair if he wants as far as I’m concerned. Beginning of an era everyone
Cifuentes on Leeds on 00:18 - Apr 27 with 3764 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Lovely interview thank you Brian.
What an inteligent thoughtful person Marti is and so humble too after getting us over the line tonight .
Nice to see lots of smiles too the pressure must have been overwhelming all along .
Hope he sticks around and is not temped by the riches others will offer he looks like the real deal .
Congrats to him and the team
Cifuentes on Leeds on 00:23 - Apr 27 with 3714 viewsbosh67

Let's face it, he's a GOD!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Cifuentes on Leeds on 00:55 - Apr 27 with 3614 viewssilky

You can tell underneath that calm exterior he's is utterly delighted with what he's achieved and so he should be!

His own stock has massively uplifted. Hope he continues the project.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Cifuentes on Leeds on 01:04 - Apr 27 with 3534 viewsDamo1962

He comes across as a humble and decent man, and most importantly...honourable. Think he will want a whole season to see how far he can take us.
Cifuentes on Leeds on 04:13 - Apr 27 with 3373 viewsFredManRave

What's the betting he headbutts Willock in the dressing room at the Coventry game?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Cifuentes on Leeds on 05:00 - Apr 27 with 3294 viewsVancouverHoop

If you calculated Championship scores from the beginning of this year we'd be a top six team tonight. That's what Cifuentes has done for our club.
Cifuentes on Leeds on 06:28 - Apr 27 with 3196 viewsJamesB1979

We can look forward to Clive’s interview with Marti now!
Login to get fewer ads

Cifuentes on Leeds on 06:35 - Apr 27 with 3160 viewshoops_legend

To any potential club approaching Marti - he is useless - luckiest manager we have ever had. Football is boring and players don’t buy into his system. He has been extremely fortunate he has had free scoring strikers getting lots of goals that have pulled QPR out of this mess he has made. I would look elsewhere. Big Sam and sparky hughes are likely available
Cifuentes on Leeds on 06:56 - Apr 27 with 3101 viewsHAYESBOY

I like him a lot!

Smells like a trout farm in here

Cifuentes on Leeds on 08:40 - Apr 27 with 2948 viewsBklynRanger

Cifuentes on Leeds on 00:55 - Apr 27 by silky

You can tell underneath that calm exterior he's is utterly delighted with what he's achieved and so he should be!

His own stock has massively uplifted. Hope he continues the project.

Yeah I thought he was beaming even more during the first Sky interview - suspect he was itching to get the rioja opened by this one.

One thing I noticed in both interviews was his very measured response to the future - delighted we stayed up of course but not pretending the squad doesn't need attention.
Cifuentes on Leeds on 09:05 - Apr 27 with 2869 viewsGuppy

apologies if its already been posted
Cifuentes on Leeds on 10:35 - Apr 27 with 2738 viewsR_from_afar

He's been amazing 👏

The board deserves a lot of credit for bringing him in, although I'll willingly accept that they've made lots of mistakes in the past.

I think I heard it on Sky but apparently, Marti handles the attacking side of the coaching and Xavier Calm the defensive bit. Hats off to Mr Calm too, then - and the other coaches - we are so much more solid defensively now, mercifully.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Cifuentes on Leeds on 10:52 - Apr 27 with 2697 viewssexton

I wonder if Martí was on a hefty bonus if he kept us up?

Certainly well deserved if so!
Cifuentes on Leeds on 10:55 - Apr 27 with 2660 viewsOakR

Cifuentes on Leeds on 10:35 - Apr 27 by R_from_afar

He's been amazing 👏

The board deserves a lot of credit for bringing him in, although I'll willingly accept that they've made lots of mistakes in the past.

I think I heard it on Sky but apparently, Marti handles the attacking side of the coaching and Xavier Calm the defensive bit. Hats off to Mr Calm too, then - and the other coaches - we are so much more solid defensively now, mercifully.

Spot on, the difference defensively is immense, we are so much more solid now.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Cifuentes on Leeds on 11:02 - Apr 27 with 2655 viewsWatfordR

I mean, it would be outrageously ambitious, but I wonder if the club might think about making him an offer too good to refuse to retain him long term, to allow him to develop the club in his image? I don't know, some kind of share ownership maybe?
Cifuentes on Leeds on 11:22 - Apr 27 with 2603 viewsrichpr

What an amazing job he's done. You can see he's ultra competitive - hates losing or even drawing. He's transformed the team completely...

1. Cook and JCS into one of the best centre-half combination in the championship
2. Begovic's distribution - long ball out to Dunne on the wing
3. Dunne from a bungling, leggy, clumsy centre half into a skillful, attacking full back and utilised his strength in the air.
4. Field into an attacking, goal scoring mid-fielder from just a strong-tackling, back-passing midfielder
5. Bringing in Andersen (absolute class last night) to link the play
6. Collback is also class when he has good players to play alongside
7. He lets Chair play his attacking game
8. Getting Hayden in was also a big plus
9. Bringing on Smyth in the 2nd half for either Andersen or Willock - absolute thorn in full-back's backside. Just wish he would stay on his feet instead of falling on his knees all the time.

You can see that there is a plan there that they are all up to speed with it. His frequent rotating the team/squad initially annoyed me but at the end of the day, he was 100% correct. It keeps everyone fit and we now, unbelievably, seem to have cover in virtually every position.

Really hope we can tie him in to a 5 year contract.

I am sure he knows that to really progress next season we need a proper goal scoring attacker. Dykes played well yesterday but he justn't doesn't have a goalscoring instinct.
Cifuentes on Leeds on 23:58 - Apr 28 with 2265 viewsDamo1962

Cifuentes on Leeds on 11:02 - Apr 27 by WatfordR

I mean, it would be outrageously ambitious, but I wonder if the club might think about making him an offer too good to refuse to retain him long term, to allow him to develop the club in his image? I don't know, some kind of share ownership maybe?

Shades of the 80's when El Tel tried to buy into the club. Idea gets a thumbs up front me. We need to regroup as a club after drifting aimlessly for so long - and I can't think of anyone better than Marti.
Cifuentes on Leeds on 10:55 - Apr 29 with 2132 viewsQPR_John

Cifuentes on Leeds on 23:58 - Apr 28 by Damo1962

Shades of the 80's when El Tel tried to buy into the club. Idea gets a thumbs up front me. We need to regroup as a club after drifting aimlessly for so long - and I can't think of anyone better than Marti.

Surely if he owned shares in the club that would finish his career as manager of any other team.
Cifuentes on Leeds on 10:58 - Apr 29 with 2125 viewsNorthernr

Win one of our first six next season and listen to the mood music then.
Cifuentes on Leeds on 11:00 - Apr 29 with 2101 viewsdaveB

I remember similar comments made about Warburton just before it all went tits up under him.
Cifuentes on Leeds on 11:13 - Apr 29 with 2024 viewsngbqpr

He's been quietly very ruthless too...from the binning of Dozell at the first opportunity via the sidelining of the likes of Kakay and Adomah as soon as the late window bodies came in to seemingly deciding Hodge wasn't what was required after all and hooking players at half time when they're not performing / coping (most recently two of his favourites Dunne and Andersen at Hull).

Be fascinated to see how that translates into the summer - who we keep / who goes / who comes in.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Cifuentes on Leeds on 11:27 - Apr 29 with 1965 viewsNorthernr

Cifuentes on Leeds on 11:13 - Apr 29 by ngbqpr

He's been quietly very ruthless too...from the binning of Dozell at the first opportunity via the sidelining of the likes of Kakay and Adomah as soon as the late window bodies came in to seemingly deciding Hodge wasn't what was required after all and hooking players at half time when they're not performing / coping (most recently two of his favourites Dunne and Andersen at Hull).

Be fascinated to see how that translates into the summer - who we keep / who goes / who comes in.

He's been super pragmatic too. All his philosophy and talk when he came in was about Cruyff-style football, and yet here we are with Dunne at right back and Colback and Field in midfield. I'm interested to know how much that's him working with what he's got (i.e. expect some major changes this summer) and how much this is his "I've had to learn about the Championship" comment the other week (i.e. if you don't like this philosophy I have others).

I think you have to have a philosophy and ideal that you're aiming for that underlines everything you do re-recruitment, tactics, style of play etc. But when you become so tightly bound to it you'd rather risk losing the game than abandon it (i.e. Russell Martin) it becomes more of a hinderance than a help. I've loved his mix of ideal and pragmatism so far.
Cifuentes on Leeds on 12:00 - Apr 29 with 1863 viewssilky

Cifuentes on Leeds on 11:27 - Apr 29 by Northernr

He's been super pragmatic too. All his philosophy and talk when he came in was about Cruyff-style football, and yet here we are with Dunne at right back and Colback and Field in midfield. I'm interested to know how much that's him working with what he's got (i.e. expect some major changes this summer) and how much this is his "I've had to learn about the Championship" comment the other week (i.e. if you don't like this philosophy I have others).

I think you have to have a philosophy and ideal that you're aiming for that underlines everything you do re-recruitment, tactics, style of play etc. But when you become so tightly bound to it you'd rather risk losing the game than abandon it (i.e. Russell Martin) it becomes more of a hinderance than a help. I've loved his mix of ideal and pragmatism so far.

He really is showing a wonderful blend between the 2 so far.

He's is very astute with a thirst to learn so much more it's palpable.

I also hope though that we temper expectations for next season. Should we be excited? Absolutely but in a way like Marti exudes.

Pre season will be interesting, in fact the summer in general will be.

It's about time the sun shone on QPR. Perhaps we are about to enjoy our time in the light for however long it's lasts.

Really looking forward to your player and manager ratings. My favourite part of the year good and bad.

Have you sobered up by now? 😂

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Cifuentes on Leeds on 12:05 - Apr 29 with 1830 viewsngbqpr

Cifuentes on Leeds on 11:27 - Apr 29 by Northernr

Eze sale or no Eze sale, I can't see us spending an awful lot, but the sheer number of out of contract players will still mean a very different squad come August.

Particularly interesting will be whether he reverts to the 433 he said on arrival that he favoured; or sticks with the 4231 we've used for some time now.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024