Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Waking up Safe 06:49 - Apr 27 with 2625 viewsSherryHoop

What a great feeling. Feels like we won something yesterday. Maybe it wasn't a trophy or promotion, but it was about more than just survival. It was about our identity and our future. We didn't just scrape across the line, or depend on someone else being shite, we dominated a big club, with a massive budget, another full house with LR rocking, under the lights, live on TV.

The turnaround has been remarkable. Marti has given a management masterclass off the pitch and is getting better and better on the pitch as he works out the Championship. His vision is clear, he communicates his message eloquently - hard work, defensive organisation, attacking style, desire to win,, togetherness, humility.

A few months ago I feared for the future of the club, from top to bottom. Everything just seemed rotten. Now I feel proud, hopeful and excited for the future.

It has been a wild ride but this has been one of the seasons I have felt most connected to the club and the fellow supporters. LFWs is a massive part of that so thank you Clive and everyone here.

My children both asked me when we can go to see another live match, yesterday they both came to watch the match on TV and enjoyed it. They both were talking with pride about "their" team and wanting new kits. Before Christmas they had totally lost interest and made jokes about QPR always losing. Hopefully there are loads of kids in West London and around the world who also fell in love with QPR this season and next year they can build that connection.

The Rs are staying up, I'm off to see Fat Boy Slim tonight in Malaga and life feels pretty damn good today.

U Rs
Waking up Safe on 07:05 - Apr 27 with 2161 viewsgigiisourgod

Fantastic post! Woke up feeling very similar.

Often though this is when Rangers are at their most dangerous isn’t it?

Be fantastic if Marti is able to have a full preseason, maybe a cash injection (from an Eze sell and assuming JCS will also be sold for reasonable money) and see where he can take us with a half decent keeper and a proper strike force!

Last few months has been a remarkable turnaround and an outstanding achievement by everyone involved, including the fans who stuck by this team through (sometimes very) thick and (incredibly) thin.

Roll on a few months of rest-bite, until England f**k that up.
Waking up Safe on 07:18 - Apr 27 with 2108 viewsNorthantsHoop

Yes it was a special night for us last night. I felt confident about winning this game all day yesterday and the style of the win sets a good marker for next season. It was great in Loftus Road last night it just clicked something that has been missing for a long while and Marti is a genius we have a brilliant manager, give him a bit of money and we could be pushing much higher up the table next season. Nice feeling with it done and dusted today.
Waking up Safe on 07:48 - Apr 27 with 1997 viewsdmm

Excellent posts, guys. I was just about to post something like, Good Morning. Yes, it really did happen!

What a performance that was. Easily the best of the season, and for a good few seasons too. To a man, every player was on song. We dominated large phases of the game and when Leeds were in the ascendant, we matched them.

I hope someone will provide an in depth analysis explaining Cifuentes' tactics because he clearly out thought Farke. We have a special manager in Marti.

And Loftus Road was at its very best. Loud, proud and rocking under the lights - there is no better place to watch a game of football than our lovely old stadium.

I am one very happy QPR supporter this morning
Waking up Safe on 09:01 - Apr 27 with 1846 viewsSharpediver

Waking up Safe on 07:48 - Apr 27 by dmm

Excellent posts, guys. I was just about to post something like, Good Morning. Yes, it really did happen!

What a performance that was. Easily the best of the season, and for a good few seasons too. To a man, every player was on song. We dominated large phases of the game and when Leeds were in the ascendant, we matched them.

I hope someone will provide an in depth analysis explaining Cifuentes' tactics because he clearly out thought Farke. We have a special manager in Marti.

And Loftus Road was at its very best. Loud, proud and rocking under the lights - there is no better place to watch a game of football than our lovely old stadium.

Spot on. Was a great night. I can even forgive this team for all they've put us through, after this performance. Was vintage QPR.
Waking up Safe on 09:09 - Apr 27 with 1802 viewsMonkey_Roots

Just had some weetabix, watching SkySports News, waiting for the plaudits and hearing about QPR’s great performance… nope. Twenty minutes on Leicester’s promotion.

I guess it was Leicester that put in a performance for the ages last night?

Weird.
Waking up Safe on 09:17 - Apr 27 with 1739 viewsSK_hoops

One of the all time great games. Was complaining about it being a Friday, but I think it added to the amazing atmosphere. U RSSSS.
Waking up Safe on 09:20 - Apr 27 with 1716 viewsRanger_Things

Waking up Safe on 09:09 - Apr 27 by Monkey_Roots

Just had some weetabix, watching SkySports News, waiting for the plaudits and hearing about QPR’s great performance… nope. Twenty minutes on Leicester’s promotion.

Weird.

I haven’t watched Sky sports news in years but came home buzzing and switched on to see the goals. All they blathered on about was Leicester getting promoted with the headline Leeds Lose and fck all about us or the game. I won’t make the mistake of tuning in again.
Waking up Safe on 09:57 - Apr 27 with 1624 viewsbosh67

The club has changed dramatically with Marti and Christian Nourry. It feels like there's been a broom across the whole club and that it is stabilising on and off the pitch. The fans have been amazing home and away and it feels like there's a revolution happening at the club. The difference in the efforts of the players overall has been astonishing. It took quite a while for Marti and co to start changing that because a rot had become ingrained. That is certainly not the case now.

I wonder how many players who were scratching at the door to be let out (perhaps with some justification) are wondering if it would be better to stay with this revolution. For me we have a really good back four with good options so I would be very keen to keep all of them including Fox and Cannon and try and secure JCS and Dunne on new contracts.

Lovely to be able to think positively!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Waking up Safe on 10:15 - Apr 27 with 1561 viewsDiscodroids

When i think where we were when Pontins Bognor Regis Clarke Gabel look-a-like winner, Jake Livermore played like Romeo Benetti at Loftus road back in december, to last night..

It's been an Event Horizon Shift. It's Beautiful. It feels beautiful . It is beautiful.

It's all too beautiful.

Ursssssssss

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Waking up Safe on 10:17 - Apr 27 with 1543 viewsdmm

Waking up Safe on 10:15 - Apr 27 by Discodroids

When i think where we were when Pontins Bognor Regis Clarke Gabel look-a-like winner, Jake Livermore played like Romeo Benetti at Loftus road back in december, to last night..

It's been an Event Horizon Shift. It's Beautiful. It feels beautiful . It is beautiful.

It's all too beautiful.

Ursssssssss

Waking up Safe on 10:18 - Apr 27 with 1529 viewsDiscodroids

Waking up Safe on 10:17 - Apr 27 by dmm

I Played it last night at full time!. It just seemed right.

;-)
[Post edited 27 Apr 10:19]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Waking up Safe on 10:30 - Apr 27 with 1487 viewsWatfordR

I've done many good and great things in my life. Hauling my arse out of bed at 5am this morning to go to market was right up there.

I feel like I'm trying to push the corpse of Giant Haystacks up Mount Kilimanjaro through an avalanche with a hangover. And I didn't touch a drop, honest!

Just a staggering night and atmosphere. To paraphrase Clive, cats and dogs singing and shouting and standing and clapping together from minute one to minute 96. I know it's old and rickety and not really fit for purpose anymore, but on nights like last night, that old stadium cannot be beat.
[Post edited 27 Apr 10:31]
Waking up Safe on 10:42 - Apr 27 with 1463 viewsted_hendrix

Without wanting to sound melodramatic, I feel like a huge weight has been lifted of my shoulders this morning.
I watched the Leeds V Middlesbrough highlights a few days ago and couldn't help but take note of how fast and good Leeds were when attacking, must admit though they weren't good at defending.
I've been Mr Oh no all bloody week.
We scored first and I thought great, oh no they'll come at us like mad.
We scored again and I thought great, oh no we've fcking had It now.
We scored a third and I thought great but, WTF Is happening?
We scored a fourth and I thought about Oddball so I said to myself ''Why don't I knock it off with them negative waves?''

All is good.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Waking up Safe on 11:12 - Apr 27 with 1349 viewshantssi

Waking up Safe on 09:09 - Apr 27 by Monkey_Roots

Weird.

BBC the same, headlines all about Leicester and photos of Vardy!
At least Leicesters fans are more gracious!
Waking up Safe on 11:25 - Apr 27 with 1320 viewsrbee

Waking up Safe on 09:17 - Apr 27 by SK_hoops

One of the all time great games. Was complaining about it being a Friday, but I think it added to the amazing atmosphere. U RSSSS.

I think you make a valid point, a big crowd under the lights at Loftus Road is very atmospheric and just might have helped set the scene for a remarkable result.

A Sliding Doors, fork in the road night for our club.
Waking up Safe on 11:35 - Apr 27 with 1279 viewsWatfordR

Waking up Safe on 11:25 - Apr 27 by rbee

I think you make a valid point, a big crowd under the lights at Loftus Road is very atmospheric and just might have helped set the scene for a remarkable result.

A Sliding Doors, fork in the road night for our club.

I think we shouldn't underestimate the fact that it's a Friday, people are finished work for the week and I wouldn't mind betting 90% of our lot were in a pub around Shepherd's Bush for 2 hours or more before the game. We didn't just dominate them on the pitch.
Waking up Safe on 12:12 - Apr 27 with 1202 viewsmart_Goblin

Yes I feel the same as many this morning. Like a huge weight has been lifted.

But that feeling of pride this morning is almost unprecedented for lots of reasons.
The way the team and the players have dug in and stuck together. The way they have followed Marti and bought in to him and his ethos. I’m proud that he is our boss and already has an eye on preparation for next season . He is a breathe of fresh air .
I’m proud that the club are starting to make the right decisions albeit with a long way to go.
So proud of our fans this season. What incredible backing home and away when at times the team didn’t deserve it . LR at the end of the game was incredible and I must confess to having a lump in my throat looking around me and seeing pure joy and relief. We all deserve that.

And lastly I’m so proud of that performance last night . We could have been fearful of essentially a premier league squad assembled with millions and millions of pounds with a large TV audience and we played like we were the ones on the brink of the premier league not them. It just felt like the whole club, the players the management and the fans came together as one . And you can’t put a price tag on that .

So we should all enjoy that feeling today .
So chuffed
Waking up Safe on 14:01 - Apr 27 with 1073 viewsderbyhoop

Waking up Safe on 07:48 - Apr 27 by dmm

The last time we put in a performance like that was probably the week of QPR 10 South Wales 1

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Waking up Safe on 14:04 - Apr 27 with 1047 viewsnix

Waking up Safe on 14:01 - Apr 27 by derbyhoop

The last time we put in a performance like that was probably the week of QPR 10 South Wales 1

That was a similar time of disbelief!
Waking up Safe on 14:06 - Apr 27 with 1035 viewscolinallcars

It's amazing how these players can go from one extreme to the other..
From maritime disaster ( Sheff Weds ), to Queen Mary 2 ( Leeds ). And other analogies no doubt.
Waking up Safe on 14:08 - Apr 27 with 1027 viewsMatch82

Isn't that also 2 Sky games in a row where we've smashed it too?
Waking up Safe on 14:09 - Apr 27 with 1021 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Woke up with the same smile I went to bed with. After such an intense season, the feeling of relief is palpable. The supporters deserve a lot of credit for carrying this wounded club on its shoulders. Hopefully they'll be rewarded with better times ahead.
Waking up Safe on 14:15 - Apr 27 with 1002 viewsWatfordR

Waking up Safe on 14:09 - Apr 27 by Benny_the_Ball

Woke up with the same smile I went to bed with. After such an intense season, the feeling of relief is palpable. The supporters deserve a lot of credit for carrying this wounded club on its shoulders. Hopefully they'll be rewarded with better times ahead.

Noticeable that Amit has apparently apologised on social media to the fans for this season. And I think we all know what he means.
Waking up Safe on 15:42 - Apr 27 with 877 viewsBklynRanger

Great to have one of those nights when everything went right. 'Strugglers vs Strivers' according to my NowTV app - get in the sea.

This may not make total sense, but given how fcuked we were, it feels like a strange kind of promotion: into the same league we were already in!

Which as someone who wants us to do well in the Championship, but is more than a bit sceptical about the PL, suits me fine.

You R's.
Waking up Safe on 16:37 - Apr 27 with 796 viewscolinallcars

Waking up Safe on 14:09 - Apr 27 by Benny_the_Ball

Normally, the only way I can wake up with a smile on my face is if I go to bed with a coathanger in my mouth.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024