Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre Dozzell 18:32 - Apr 29 with 9701 viewsHayesender

Just read that Birmingham were eight points (yes 8) ahead of us when they took him off our hands.

Without doubt the deal of the decade. Whoever sorted that deal out should be given the freedom of Shepherd's Bush
[Post edited 29 Apr 19:44]

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Andre Dozzell on 10:23 - Apr 30 with 3102 viewsGloucs_R

Andre Dozzell on 09:47 - Apr 30 by Antti_Heinola

There are many reasons whhy Dozzell did not make aa significant contribution for us, but this is very unfair. You don't get to be a footballer at any professional level without having to work hard. It's not like Jason Dozzell, who while I'm sure enjoyed a good salary compared to most of us, was getting paid millions a year.
There's a lot of assumptions in your post there based on basically nothing, unless you watched him grow up or have an intimate knowledge of Jason's parenting?
Respect your posts a lot Gloucs, but this one is a bit uncomfortable.

My post was purely speculative, agreed.

But being involved in junior football on a daily basis I can absolutely tell you that a professional players son will be treated very differently to someone who has just walked in off the street.

I'm not saying that every footballer's son is given an easy ride or will make it. But I certainly believe with Dozzell that he lacks resilience and it's unlikely he has had to bounce back from failure or rejection very often.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Andre Dozzell on 11:52 - Apr 30 with 2868 viewsWegerles_Stairs

The most concerning thing for me is that we've had players like Dozzell and Kakay who have been fixtures in our squad for several seasons yet we fans have known they're not up to the required standard. Marti took a look and got rid of them straightaway. That speaks volumes for him and what he is about - very exciting times.
Andre Dozzell on 12:10 - Apr 30 with 2828 viewsQPROslo

Dozzell is a good quick, accurate passer of the ball, ideal for how Marti wants us to play the game passing out from the back with a 3 man midfield. Since he went we have rarely done that and then when Colback has played. Playing out from the back has become a pragmatic long ball out to Dunne wide after Begovic, JCS and Cook have passed it along the back line 2 or 3 times. I think he's a decent player, clearly Mowbray a good Manager thinks the same, even though so many don't. He scored our goal of the season for me too.
Andre Dozzell on 12:22 - Apr 30 with 2757 viewskensalriser

The fact that one of our main scapegoats plays for another team is an encouraging sign of the progress we’re making.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Andre Dozzell on 12:50 - Apr 30 with 2629 viewsTheChef

Andre Dozzell on 09:16 - Apr 30 by terryb

It is one of three games that they are showing. I doubt that it will be the "main" game as Ipswich & Leeds are the other two.

https://www.bcfc.com/news/all/blues-final-day-fixture-on-sky-sports

Well I know what I'll be watching.

Assuming Ipswich beat Coventry tonight then they are basically promoted barring some last day disaster, as their GD is much better than Leeds'.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Andre Dozzell on 13:03 - Apr 30 with 2571 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Andre Dozzell on 12:50 - Apr 30 by TheChef

https://www.bcfc.com/news/all/blues-final-day-fixture-on-sky-sports

Well I know what I'll be watching.

Assuming Ipswich beat Coventry tonight then they are basically promoted barring some last day disaster, as their GD is much better than Leeds'.

No, Leeds have the superior goal difference despite their recent thrashing.
Andre Dozzell on 13:13 - Apr 30 with 2513 viewsLblock

Andre Dozzell on 12:10 - Apr 30 by QPROslo

Dozzell is a good quick, accurate passer of the ball, ideal for how Marti wants us to play the game passing out from the back with a 3 man midfield. Since he went we have rarely done that and then when Colback has played. Playing out from the back has become a pragmatic long ball out to Dunne wide after Begovic, JCS and Cook have passed it along the back line 2 or 3 times. I think he's a decent player, clearly Mowbray a good Manager thinks the same, even though so many don't. He scored our goal of the season for me too.

It's okay "thinking" that he's a decent player... I'm sure he thinks he is as well.... it's another matter to actually see this or for him to show it.

I shall not miss him

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Andre Dozzell on 13:24 - Apr 30 with 2477 viewsOakR

I think he'll make it in the Championship personally.

Time will tell, but I think in the right team and system things could work for him.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Login to get fewer ads

Andre Dozzell on 13:39 - Apr 30 with 2415 viewsWatford_Ranger

He’s a nice player in theory. The reality is he offers fk all in about 90% of games and Cifuentes has observed that after seeing plenty of him.
Andre Dozzell on 14:05 - Apr 30 with 2344 viewsNorthernr

Andre Dozzell on 13:39 - Apr 30 by Watford_Ranger

He’s a nice player in theory. The reality is he offers fk all in about 90% of games and Cifuentes has observed that after seeing plenty of him.

Yeh, so ideal Cifuentes fcked him off first chance he got.
Andre Dozzell on 14:18 - Apr 30 with 2296 viewsWatford_Ranger

Andre Dozzell on 14:05 - Apr 30 by Northernr

Yeh, so ideal Cifuentes fcked him off first chance he got.

37 games, 7 wins this season for Jonah says Soccerbase.
Andre Dozzell on 14:33 - Apr 30 with 2238 viewsPaddyhoops

I wish him well. Don’t think he’s remotely good enough at this level.
Bless him , he keeps proving it.
Andre Dozzell on 14:34 - Apr 30 with 2214 viewsstainrods_elbow

Andre Dozzell on 08:03 - Apr 30 by mart_Goblin

Well yeah I might be guilty of that . Maybe because my son is a similar age and blows my mind how quickly time goes and I forget occasionally that he ain’t a kid anymore . So perhaps I do do that at times.
But …’faintly sinister’?
Really?

What’s more sinister to me is that that would be your train of thought in the first place. To have an underlying and slightly aggressive lash out about something completely irrelevant?
What strange and bizarre stance to take.
My post was clearly tongue in cheek for the most part . Strange man
[Post edited 30 Apr 8:04]

'People are strange' - Jim Morrison.

Has it ever occurred to you that (not least because you're literally a stranger) you might be as strange to me as you claim I am to you?

Don't see what your issue is, tbh. I picked up on a disturbing piece of systemic misuse of language in the field (echoed by you), you actually acknowledged the point (so it clearly isn't 'completely irrelevant' - neither to you nor to me), so no problem - for me at least. It doesn't make me guilty of underlying 'aggression', 'bizarre' or anything else, fairly self-evidently. I think it's more likely that I just struck a nerve with you, that's all.

As I try to say what I mean, I used the word 'sinister' because, in the wider context, to me it is, in terms of contributing to a professional climate in which adults are misnamed as sub-adults in a way that has disturbing cultural reverberations re excusing their failings and wrapping them in cotton wool etc. No other industry, other than football, does this, as far as I'm aware, which was the rationale for my post.

I hope things work out well with/for your son, and, sure, tempus fugit and all that.
[Post edited 30 Apr 14:40]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Andre Dozzell on 15:03 - Apr 30 with 2164 viewsDavieQPR

Birmingham virtually saved us with this loan. Meant we could sign Andersen and Hayden.
Andre Dozzell on 15:08 - Apr 30 with 2143 viewsParkRoyalR

Colback playing out from the back was noticeably good against Leeds,

With Dozzell we were playing with 10 men,

You just cannot have a player sitting in front of the defence who is flat-footed, slow off the mark, is poor in the tackle, poor in the air and doesn't have the stamina required to break the line to give an option to take a return pass,

Probably a great Futsal player, but Midfielder in a struggling Championship side, never.
Andre Dozzell on 21:25 - Apr 30 with 1806 viewsTacticalR

Andre Dozzell on 09:34 - Apr 30 by Gloucs_R

The problem with Dozzell is that he has probably never had to work hard for anything in his life.

Dad was a professional footballer and probably taught him to kick a ball from the second he could walk. No doubt talented at youth level but very much doubt he ever went without anything off the pitch.

Unfortunately that attitude showed when he played football. Seem to have very little determination or resilience and never really got stuck in.

I'm sure he will earn a decent wage as a league one footballer but I very much doubt we will see him in the championship again.

I wonder if, rather than being a pampered aristocrat of football, he is trying to fulfil his father's dream?

Anyway, these were my thoughts in response to Northernr's analysis of Dozzell in his Millwall preview:

'It seems that the ACL injury Dozzell got at Ipswich completely derailed his career (when Dozzell arrived Phil Ham told you that Ipswich fans had originally expected him to move to a Premier League club). The problem with Dozzell at QPR was there right from the beginning: Warburton had to take him off after 30 minutes when we were getting steamrollered at home by Valerian Ismaël's Barnsley. I agree that it was easy to forget he was on the pitch as he could totally disappear from a game.'

Agree with QPROslo that his goal this season was a moment of brilliance.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/61742/somebodys-go

Air hostess clique

Andre Dozzell on 21:35 - Apr 30 with 1753 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

He'd probably look very good in a winning team. Just about says it all.
Andre Dozzell on 22:15 - Apr 30 with 1650 viewsNorthernr

Andre Dozzell on 21:35 - Apr 30 by Wilkinswatercarrier

He'd probably look very good in a winning team. Just about says it all.

You're not going to win many games if one of your central midfielders can't/won't tackle, can't/won't score, can't/won't assist, isn't physically strong enough, isn't involved enough, and gets himself sent off through mindless stupidity once a season.
Andre Dozzell on 22:32 - Apr 30 with 1588 viewsMatch82

Andre Dozzell on 22:15 - Apr 30 by Northernr

You're not going to win many games if one of your central midfielders can't/won't tackle, can't/won't score, can't/won't assist, isn't physically strong enough, isn't involved enough, and gets himself sent off through mindless stupidity once a season.

Yeah but other than that, cracking player.
Andre Dozzell on 03:10 - May 1 with 1359 viewsLazyFan

The cost of Dozy to Brum could be relegation, a very expensive signing indeed and one that goes loose at the end of the season (which maybe a good thing for Brum).

I hope they go down; I looking forward to seeing Roberts and Laird in L1. And Stansfield saying at the start of the new season that he's learned a lot in their relegation season when he signs for Luton on loan.

Think if they are in L1 and Roberts does feck all as he probably will that means his career is over as no one will take him then. Not even L2 teams!

Sunday non-league beckons!

zzzzzzzzzz

Andre Dozzell on 06:45 - May 1 with 1205 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Andre Dozzell on 22:15 - Apr 30 by Northernr

That's probably why he is so frustrating to watch, and probably play next to. Is it he can't or won't do those things?

He just comes across as though he can't be bothered.
Andre Dozzell on 07:06 - May 1 with 1154 viewsGloucs_R

Andre Dozzell on 06:45 - May 1 by Wilkinswatercarrier

That's probably why he is so frustrating to watch, and probably play next to. Is it he can't or won't do those things?

Can't be bothered.... Exactly.

Doesn't have that hunger, desire and passion. Which is a shame as technically he's a good player.

What's the old saying, when the going gets tough....Dozzell gets subbed.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Andre Dozzell on 07:20 - May 1 with 1108 viewsjohnhoop

Andre Dozzell on 06:45 - May 1 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Play next to indeed. What a relief it must have been for Sam Field to have players next to him like Colback and Hayden who get fully involved in the game.
Possibly a reason why he’s been able to get forward more and add more goals to his game.
Andre Dozzell on 10:02 - May 1 with 949 viewsterryb

Ipswich & their supporters don't agree with you!

He was liked there as he came through the youth team & is the son of Jason, but many of their fans couldn't believe that they received a penny for him. He was failing to be selected to start matches for a team that wasn't even pushing to be in the play offs!

Thankfully Marti doesn't agree with you either!
Andre Dozzell on 11:00 - May 1 with 804 viewsQPROslo

Andre Dozzell on 10:02 - May 1 by terryb

Ipswich & their supporters don't agree with you!

He was liked there as he came through the youth team & is the son of Jason, but many of their fans couldn't believe that they received a penny for him. He was failing to be selected to start matches for a team that wasn't even pushing to be in the play offs!

Thankfully Marti doesn't agree with you either!

Don't think that's correct. My recollection is that many Ipswich supporters rated Dozzell, others did not.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024