Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Richards. 08:29 - Jun 13 with 11457 viewsconnell10

Are we ever gonna get rid of this waste of space? He must be in terrible condition right now! Cant we just pay the kunt off or something.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Richards. on 00:09 - Jun 15 with 4990 viewsLazyFan

Richards. on 18:43 - Jun 13 by numptydumpty

Having four years at QPR on his CV means nothing if he has only a couple of appearances three and a half years ago. No club is going to overlook that and to suggest otherwise is crazy.

He is going nowhere after his stint with us, whether it finishes at the appointed time or ended many years earlier than it is supposed to.

That is what I would call an extremely hard sell.

The bloke that can sell ice to the eskimos would be required - I would suggest !!!

An L1 cub will take him on a 1-year contract at massively reduced wages, at which point he will play a full season like he did at Doncaster.

And so the cycle begins again.

zzzzzzzzzz

Richards. on 01:28 - Jun 15 with 4861 viewsFredManRave

Richards. on 14:13 - Jun 13 by Antti_Heinola

and there's my point, plenty will seek to blame Beale, others will blame Belk. No one knows and even people at the club will seek to jump on one side or the other. Also, rather than blame staff, there's only really one person to blame, and it's the man himself.

So, to clarify, absolutely no fan knows and even people at the club don't know, however, you are the only person to know, that the one person to blame, is the man himself.

Congrats.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Richards. on 11:05 - Jun 15 with 4571 viewsnumptydumpty

Richards. on 00:09 - Jun 15 by LazyFan

An L1 cub will take him on a 1-year contract at massively reduced wages, at which point he will play a full season like he did at Doncaster.

And so the cycle begins again.

No chance

Dozzell could get league one

He has at least had game time

Richards no game time throughout his entire career apart from one season when very young. No league one club take him. They know the effect on squad morale

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Richards. on 11:30 - Jun 15 with 4543 viewsLblock

Richards. on 11:05 - Jun 15 by numptydumpty

No chance

Dozzell could get league one

He has at least had game time

Richards no game time throughout his entire career apart from one season when very young. No league one club take him. They know the effect on squad morale

But don’t forget……. Amazingly the club actually had a loan deal out for him sorted at the end of the last window which the waster then turned down calling out another “injury ”
I’d love the know who that club was and can only speculate that it was Donny Rovers.

Hearing that made me despise this piece of shite wannabe G road man even more as he deprived Marti of getting another one of his own picks in.

Fingers crossed that deal can be relivined up and we bin him off even if it’s only fora small portion of his scandalous wage and Marti gets his man.
The only other solution is to resign Matt Pickens and for Dickards to have 1 on 1 sessions with him after checks that the insurance policy is up to date

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Richards. on 12:33 - Jun 15 with 4396 viewsAntti_Heinola

Richards. on 01:28 - Jun 15 by FredManRave

So, to clarify, absolutely no fan knows and even people at the club don't know, however, you are the only person to know, that the one person to blame, is the man himself.

Congrats.

No not at all. I have no idea, that's my point!

As for people at the club, I'm talking about where fans attach blame for the signing. Some will say Beale, some will say Belk, some will say Les - truth could be any or two or both; so if someone says 'well, I heard it was all Beale's doing from someone at the club' it might not be reliable, as that's a convenient scapegoat to have - although it could also be true, so it's pointless to try and blame one person or another because it's almost impossible to really know exactly what happened. And, yes, perhaps it's all Belk's/Les's/Beale's/Ramsey's fault for not forseeing the disaster- but ultimately it is up to the player to be a professional, isn't it?
Not sure what I said to elicit such a sarcy response, but you got the wrong end of the stick there - I'm certainly not claiming to be ITK. I did know someone very well who worked at the club for many years, and he would occasionally tell me things, but I soon realised some were true and some were his interpretation that would be disputed by others.

Here's an example. Think it's safe to tell. I know a journalist who was speaking to a player of ours years ago, at the time we sold Dean Parrett. He said to the journo that it was a dodgy transfer because he saw Paladini and Gregory laughing and hugging and being delighted just after it went through. You'll remember at the time that we were all gutted Parrett left, and this played into the feeling something nefarious was going on. With the benefit of hindsight it seems to me that, if this did happen, it's actually more plausible that Gregory had orchestrated the whole thing, talked Parrett up (which he did), talked about getting him in the first team at what, 15, 16 (which he did - talk about, I mean), and managed to get £1m for a player that, ultimately, he knew would not make the grade. And he didn't. So perhaps they were delighted for getting such a huge figure for a teenager he actually didn't rate, and it was vital money for the club at a time where it was (as per) skint.

Now, the player told my friend that story. That's a fact. But who is to say whether it happend, and if it did, what the reason for their delight was? Everyone has their own truths.

Bare bones.

Richards. on 17:58 - Jun 16 with 3866 viewsstainrods_elbow

Richards. on 10:51 - Jun 13 by Lanhoop

As I see it, there's really only two outcomes with him. Either a) he turns it all around and becomes a potential squad player who can contribute something or b) he carries on as he has done for the rest of his contract and is released.

He's not going to just walk away, he has a contract.
Paying off his contract will cost as much as paying him every month but will load all that cost into one FFP year. No point in that.

Don't spend the summer thinking about him, it won't change anything. Forget him and move on. He was a mistake and he won't be the last. Sh1t happens.

So a player can not train/apply himself, not play, and bob up infuriatingly on social media when he gets the urge, but keep getting paid regardless? What a joke!
[Post edited 16 Jun 18:00]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Richards. on 18:13 - Jun 16 with 3841 viewsBSERs

Stupid thought but, surely he must be in breach of contract? If so why would it cost us anything to terminate his contract?
Richards. on 18:25 - Jun 16 with 3780 viewsGloucs_R

Richards. on 18:13 - Jun 16 by BSERs

Stupid thought but, surely he must be in breach of contract? If so why would it cost us anything to terminate his contract?

Lots of problems trying to sack someone who has mental health issues. Makes it almost impossible. Hence why he rocks up from time to time and trains.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Login to get fewer ads

Richards. on 18:57 - Jun 16 with 3711 viewsDavieQPR

If a doctor signs him off he is almost impossible to get rid off. The only thing we can do is not give him a place in the 25 man squad.
Richards. on 13:29 - Jun 18 with 3045 viewsStainrod

Football does seem a bit different though.

Yes it is extremely difficult to get rid of someone who has been signed off sick in the real world, but not impossible. It is laborious and time consuming but ultimately you can get rid of them. I don’t see why it is apparently so much more difficult in football.
Richards. on 15:16 - Jun 18 with 2883 viewsstainrods_elbow

Neither do I. Mentally ill or not, he simply cannot be basically continuing to draw a salary for doing nothing.

Richards. on 17:57 - Jun 18 with 2564 viewsrbee

Have to feel sorry for the lad as I doubt he is living the life that he would want to.

We have to guess that he is still suffering with mental health issues. Many pro's over the years have admitted to personal problems and stated that being in and around their team mates during training and matchdays were the only times they could escape their problems. This seems not to be the case with Taylor.

It is right for the club not to comment on his personal life and I can only suggest that he stays away from the rest of the squad and continues with his healing. I can't see what else the club can do.
[Post edited 18 Jun 18:05]
Richards. on 18:10 - Jun 18 with 2501 viewsHayesender

Richards. on 17:57 - Jun 18 by rbee

Have to feel sorry for the lad as I doubt he is living the life that he would want to.

We have to guess that he is still suffering with mental health issues. Many pro's over the years have admitted to personal problems and stated that being in and around their team mates during training and matchdays were the only times they could escape their problems. This seems not to be the case with Taylor.

It is right for the club not to comment on his personal life and I can only suggest that he stays away from the rest of the squad and continues with his healing. I can't see what else the club can do.

Maybe put him on ssp

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Richards. on 21:43 - Jun 18 with 2174 viewscolinallcars

My uncle's brother believes that Richards, being a huge QPR fan, has offered to be in receipt of a much reduced wage until such time that he regains full fitness and becomes available once again for selection, and in doing so redeems himself with the fanbase.
Richards. on 21:59 - Jun 18 with 2112 viewsstevec

Richards. on 21:43 - Jun 18 by colinallcars

My uncle's brother believes that Richards, being a huge QPR fan, has offered to be in receipt of a much reduced wage until such time that he regains full fitness and becomes available once again for selection, and in doing so redeems himself with the fanbase.

I imagine The Guardian will already be running up a puff piece on him to put out before the start of the season
Richards. on 22:08 - Jun 18 with 2085 viewsLblock

Richards. on 17:57 - Jun 18 by rbee

Sod that.

I know from personal experience there’s no typical way to behave if you have a “mental health” situation
However, unless you are as thick as Rick Wallers chin line then you’ll have the self awareness to not be on social media being a g-man whilst in the midst of a crisis.

The bloke has proved himself time and time again he’s a wrong un

He actually IS living the life he wants. Just gotta hope he squanders it all, puts a foot so wrong he can have his contract terminated or something else happens that ends his time with the club and frees up wages

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Richards. on 22:15 - Jun 18 with 2053 viewsLazyFan

Richards. on 21:43 - Jun 18 by colinallcars

Or you put that rumour around to get defenders on Sick-Sok and a few want to believe it as reality is hard for some. You know some people have mental health issues so, don't be too hard on the defenders.

Meanwhile, you are off spending the lot on your mates at the boutique shops because you need friends outside of work as you have none inside it.

zzzzzzzzzz

Richards. on 09:04 - Jun 19 with 1800 viewsTheChef

Not worth getting your knickers in a twist about.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Richards. on 09:35 - Jun 19 with 1683 viewslightwaterhoop

My guess is the club are worried about the PFA which has a very strong voice in the football world and thats why they don't seem to want to take any action.
Richards. on 14:12 - Jun 19 with 1397 viewsSpongeParr

Richards. on 09:35 - Jun 19 by lightwaterhoop

My guess is the club are worried about the PFA which has a very strong voice in the football world and thats why they don't seem to want to take any action.

They will be taking action. The club can't discuss it though.

We are trying to save as much money as possible. I find it impossible to think that we are doing nothing to manage the situation.

For all we know, he's on statutory sick leave and not being paid. But they can't divulge that.
Richards. on 19:33 - Jun 19 with 1091 viewsstainrods_elbow

Richards. on 14:12 - Jun 19 by SpongeParr

They will be taking action. The club can't discuss it though.

We are trying to save as much money as possible. I find it impossible to think that we are doing nothing to manage the situation.

For all we know, he's on statutory sick leave and not being paid. But they can't divulge that.

Can't tell us whether one of our players is coming to work. Nor how long players are contracted for, or not. Nor whether we're twisting, sticking or throwing the cards up in the air with when it comes to leaving/staying/digging up/digging down at LR. And so this weirdly narcissistic, over-protected, professionally deviant club/industry - bar the odd Fans Forum - goes on its own largely accountable way - that WE help finance and support.

Richards. on 20:14 - Jun 19 with 1004 viewsdmm

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but I would expect the club would have player injury insurance. Hopefully, they will have received something for Richards' time out but who knows how much that would be?
Richards. on 20:26 - Jun 19 with 965 viewsHoopsie

What’s the difference if the club terminates and pays him off now or if he runs down his contract squeezing every penny?

The club cannot contractually nor legally do this? Backlash from PFA? Needs mutual consent?

Or the club hopes he could come good? (Or he thinks he could make a comeback?)

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Richards. on 21:28 - Jun 19 with 804 viewsnix

Richards. on 20:26 - Jun 19 by Hoopsie

What’s the difference if the club terminates and pays him off now or if he runs down his contract squeezing every penny?

The club cannot contractually nor legally do this? Backlash from PFA? Needs mutual consent?

Or the club hopes he could come good? (Or he thinks he could make a comeback?)

It's also presumably a FFP issue, both through one hit of his wages and also writing off the transfer fee in one go. But yes there might be an outside chance of us getting rid of him, at least on loan in the next couple of years.
Richards. on 22:54 - Jun 19 with 664 viewscolinallcars

The Bard said of Cleopatra “age cannot wither her, nor custom stale her infinite variety”.
Could've been speaking of our Taylor.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024