Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Richards. 08:29 - Jun 13 with 13332 viewsconnell10

Are we ever gonna get rid of this waste of space? He must be in terrible condition right now! Cant we just pay the kunt off or something.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Richards. on 09:08 - Jun 20 with 2843 viewsSpongeParr

Richards. on 20:26 - Jun 19 by Hoopsie

What’s the difference if the club terminates and pays him off now or if he runs down his contract squeezing every penny?

The club cannot contractually nor legally do this? Backlash from PFA? Needs mutual consent?

Or the club hopes he could come good? (Or he thinks he could make a comeback?)

It will be because we pay it out in one go. If we cancel his contract, he would get all bonuses included as well.

If we keep him, it's a monthly outgoing but he wont get bonuses (depending on what, if any, they are).

Only makes sense to release him if we get the payment to him reduced. Otherwise, if we are paying him anyway then let him rot here.

If he is being paid in full (which I doubt) then Id make him travel to all games and development games even if he isn't playing.

Certainly wouildn't pay him off in full as then he can, and probably would, get another club and get paid more money and benefit from it.
Richards. on 09:29 - Jun 20 with 2722 viewswombat

Richards. on 09:08 - Jun 20 by SpongeParr

It will be because we pay it out in one go. If we cancel his contract, he would get all bonuses included as well.

If we keep him, it's a monthly outgoing but he wont get bonuses (depending on what, if any, they are).

Only makes sense to release him if we get the payment to him reduced. Otherwise, if we are paying him anyway then let him rot here.

If he is being paid in full (which I doubt) then Id make him travel to all games and development games even if he isn't playing.

Certainly wouildn't pay him off in full as then he can, and probably would, get another club and get paid more money and benefit from it.

wonder if clubs still do the old make out of favour players train on there own at some stupid hour to help force them through the door? main squad come ion for usual time the taylors come in at 5pm and have to do full sessions of fitness etc ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Richards. on 10:00 - Jun 20 with 2650 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Richards. on 09:29 - Jun 20 by wombat

wonder if clubs still do the old make out of favour players train on there own at some stupid hour to help force them through the door? main squad come ion for usual time the taylors come in at 5pm and have to do full sessions of fitness etc ?

Gete to sleep all day, then a session to buff up before going straight out on it. You've not thought this through have you.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Richards. on 10:49 - Jun 20 with 2523 viewswombat

Richards. on 10:00 - Jun 20 by PlanetHonneywood

Gete to sleep all day, then a session to buff up before going straight out on it. You've not thought this through have you.

id say knacker him out so much hes to fecked to do anything , hes not helped his end of the deal up so make him train at all hours of the day , 8pm tonight please two hour session following day change the time , and repeat

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Richards. on 11:11 - Jun 20 with 2411 viewsnix

I doubt they can treat him differently to anyone else. That would probably be us breaching his contract (I know, I know).

Also I'm guessing if he is claiming mental health issues then he probably isn't well enough to train at all half the time (according to his PFA rep and doctor?).
Richards. on 12:48 - Jun 20 with 2233 viewsStainrod

Richards. on 11:11 - Jun 20 by nix

I doubt they can treat him differently to anyone else. That would probably be us breaching his contract (I know, I know).

Also I'm guessing if he is claiming mental health issues then he probably isn't well enough to train at all half the time (according to his PFA rep and doctor?).

Most likely but in the real economy even under these circumstances you can eventually ease someone out, either through redundo or a compromise agreement. I have yet to read a satisfactory explanation as to why football works to such different rules. Even the PFA can't be THAT powerful. Judging by Albert's comments it doesn't appear the rest of the squad has massive empathy with him.
Richards. on 06:45 - Jun 22 with 1888 viewsLblock

Richards. on 10:49 - Jun 20 by wombat

id say knacker him out so much hes to fecked to do anything , hes not helped his end of the deal up so make him train at all hours of the day , 8pm tonight please two hour session following day change the time , and repeat

“Soz … can’t make in today. Hamstring sore. Lolz. C ya 2mrw bruv”

“Soz… can’t make physio. Doing sum shopz for threads for my mental health innit. #bantz. C ya 2mrw bruv”

Rinse and repeat. £10k a week than you very much

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Richards. on 07:47 - Jun 22 with 1801 viewsstevec

Barton seems to be in need of a few quid, bring him in to do one to one training with Tyler.

It’s bound to end in a fight and we can shuffle the pair of them out the door.
Login to get fewer ads

Richards. on 17:03 - Jun 28 with 1296 viewsnumptydumpty

Richards. on 06:45 - Jun 22 by Lblock

“Soz … can’t make in today. Hamstring sore. Lolz. C ya 2mrw bruv”

“Soz… can’t make physio. Doing sum shopz for threads for my mental health innit. #bantz. C ya 2mrw bruv”

Rinse and repeat. £10k a week than you very much

How many people on here, would do the same.

If I personally was on £10k a week and that's guaranteed income for 4 years and I remember what I was like at the age of 22. I was an idiot.

I would have thought I am set for life here and I can perform or I can do nowt and still get the dosh, how many on here can honestly say in that situation, they potentially would do how Taylor is doing.

Myself personally at that age, even if I had the talent like Richards does seem to have, I would be nerve ridden attempting to play on front of 20k crowds every time I stepped on the pitch so I would say I would have done the same. Honest assessment.

I never had that talent and assuming most on here don't but at 22 and with these kind of wages, it's inevitable this can happen

We literally experienced this regularly with players that came here regularly for an expensive early retirement- look at Wright Phillips- these people were worse.

People are throwing around mental health and if that's so and we don't know either way that's a tough gig. I work in this field these days and experienced it myself as has my partner and several friends of mine.

The rules around mental health and employment are complex. Perhaps in a small organisation, employers can engineer people out the door but the football world is very public and no chances to do that.

Whatever it is either way, it's a waste and sad but no more than that.

Every employer on earth makes mistakes with recruitment.

But some realism around the fact is we just don't know and best leave it there I feel.

Supposedly the most advanced nation in the world had a debate for their most important job in their country and they had the choice between an old man that couldn't remember his own name to another old man that's a nasty bully with a conviction to his name and many more personal legal cases to fight still to face.

Think it's time to leave this one simply because we will never know what's the truth.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Richards. on 17:58 - Jun 28 with 1096 viewsLoyalitat

Richards. on 07:47 - Jun 22 by stevec

Barton seems to be in need of a few quid, bring him in to do one to one training with Tyler.

It’s bound to end in a fight and we can shuffle the pair of them out the door.

That person is many things but he's not short of money. The ridiculous wages we paid him during his time at our club: purportedly nearly £80k per week, has gone a long way to ensuring that.

Him and others from that era are the root cause why the club has been in such financial straits ever since.
[Post edited 28 Jun 21:32]
Richards. on 19:45 - Jun 28 with 766 viewsdavman

Richards. on 17:03 - Jun 28 by numptydumpty

How many people on here, would do the same.

If I personally was on £10k a week and that's guaranteed income for 4 years and I remember what I was like at the age of 22. I was an idiot.

I would have thought I am set for life here and I can perform or I can do nowt and still get the dosh, how many on here can honestly say in that situation, they potentially would do how Taylor is doing.

Myself personally at that age, even if I had the talent like Richards does seem to have, I would be nerve ridden attempting to play on front of 20k crowds every time I stepped on the pitch so I would say I would have done the same. Honest assessment.

I never had that talent and assuming most on here don't but at 22 and with these kind of wages, it's inevitable this can happen

We literally experienced this regularly with players that came here regularly for an expensive early retirement- look at Wright Phillips- these people were worse.

People are throwing around mental health and if that's so and we don't know either way that's a tough gig. I work in this field these days and experienced it myself as has my partner and several friends of mine.

The rules around mental health and employment are complex. Perhaps in a small organisation, employers can engineer people out the door but the football world is very public and no chances to do that.

Whatever it is either way, it's a waste and sad but no more than that.

Every employer on earth makes mistakes with recruitment.

But some realism around the fact is we just don't know and best leave it there I feel.

Supposedly the most advanced nation in the world had a debate for their most important job in their country and they had the choice between an old man that couldn't remember his own name to another old man that's a nasty bully with a conviction to his name and many more personal legal cases to fight still to face.

Think it's time to leave this one simply because we will never know what's the truth.

Totally agree. Only one party to blame here and that is our club leadership who sanctioned the deal. Yes, he is an utter waste of space, but no-one forced the club to take him on.

Why Ferdinand and Hoos needed to leave the club.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Richards. on 19:53 - Jun 28 with 739 viewsAndybrat

Looked hard couldn’t see him ( or Willock) at training today.
Richards. on 23:44 - Jun 28 with 268 viewsMr_Beef

Richards. on 19:45 - Jun 28 by davman

Totally agree. Only one party to blame here and that is our club leadership who sanctioned the deal. Yes, he is an utter waste of space, but no-one forced the club to take him on.

Why Ferdinand and Hoos needed to leave the club.

Wasn't it the case that Ferdinand was the one who cautioned the club against signing Richards because of the baggage involved in him coming back to West London?
Richards. on 00:13 - Jun 29 with 201 viewsBrianWilson

He is the new Rowan Vine. We just need to get to the prem and sign mediocre players on 70k a week and then we can quickly forget about him.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Richards. on 00:40 - Jun 29 with 152 viewsdavman

Richards. on 23:44 - Jun 28 by Mr_Beef

Wasn't it the case that Ferdinand was the one who cautioned the club against signing Richards because of the baggage involved in him coming back to West London?

If he did, he didn't argue hard enough. What sort of DoF has players signed over his head?

...but the point is whoever signed him on THAT contract is culpable. Not Richards' fault that someone is forking out loads of money each week for him to do f all is it?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Richards. on 00:42 - Jun 29 with 150 viewsE17hoop

Richards. on 17:58 - Jun 28 by Loyalitat

That person is many things but he's not short of money. The ridiculous wages we paid him during his time at our club: purportedly nearly £80k per week, has gone a long way to ensuring that.

Him and others from that era are the root cause why the club has been in such financial straits ever since.
[Post edited 28 Jun 21:32]

80k a week would be a salary of £4.1m a year. On that, he'd be the highest player in the squad. I would think that's an overestimation and it's likely to be closer to 5-10k a week.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024