Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky Games 11:19 - Jul 3 with 6463 viewsdaveB

Does know if our overlords at Sky have announced the tv games yet?
Looking to book Sheffield train tickets but holding off until they let us know when the game is, that announce all games when the fixtures came out seems to have been forgotten
Sky Games on 17:35 - Jul 3 with 1892 viewsBushRanger82

The hatred felt by fans who actually go to football, towards Sky, will reach fever pitch well before the end of the season.
Very few games, if any at all, should kick off before 3.00pm.
That it looks like we will have to wait until October for our first 3.00pm kick off, is just disgraceful.
Sky Games on 17:50 - Jul 3 with 1808 viewspaulparker

Sky Games on 14:50 - Jul 3 by Konk

Usually low tempo games played out in near silence and a massive ballache for away fans. Magic. Some great opening day 12:30's for travelling fans: Hull v Bristol City, Leeds v Pompey, Boro v Swans, and Cardiff v Sunderland, before Plymouth at Wednesday at 4pm on Sunday, and Burnley at Luton at 8pm on the Monday. Nice.

League one 5:30 kick-offs on opening weekend include, Wigan v Charlton, Exeter v Rotherham, Crawley v Blackpool, and Orient v Bolton. Football is nothing without the fans.

12.30 games are flatter than a plate full of P1ss
Can’t stand them , probably one of top three things I hate about modern football

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Sky Games on 18:39 - Jul 3 with 1667 viewsLimehouseR

This has been happening in the Premier League for years. How many 3pm home fixtures to the 'big 6' actually have in a season? 5? For those big clubs it tends to be fine as there is a big enough support base and tourists/day trippers who actually go to the games. But for most of the football league this is going to have a big detrimental effect on supporters.

I have the utmost respect for those of you who manage to still get to games week in week out. It sounds like these changes are going to be the final straw for some. I just don't see how there is such a demand out there to have it televised at all times. Most pubs are on their knees aren't they? And who can afford a Sky Sports subscription these days?! Surely it can't just be for the benefit of the international market?
Sky Games on 19:07 - Jul 3 with 1607 viewsdutch

I work until 1pm on a Saturday. This is my 58th season watching the R's, season ticket holder for over 30. I will be lucky to see half a dozen games this season. What am I supposed to do?
Sky Games on 20:38 - Jul 3 with 1415 viewsthehat

Lot of youth football is played Saturday mornings. There just won’t be enough time to get to W12 for 12.30 kick offs.

I can see this seriously backfiring. Attendances will be down across the country.
Sky Games on 20:44 - Jul 3 with 1403 viewsThe_Beast1976

Sky Games on 20:38 - Jul 3 by thehat

Lot of youth football is played Saturday mornings. There just won’t be enough time to get to W12 for 12.30 kick offs.

I can see this seriously backfiring. Attendances will be down across the country.

I make you absolutely right. I think Championship grounds will be lucky to be half full for a lot of the matches which are rescheduled for tv. The atmosphere will be dead. It's going to look absolutely awful to anyone actually watching on tv, and will be shite for those who still go to the games. What a sorry state of affairs. Going to backfire big time
Sky Games on 22:47 - Jul 3 with 1220 viewsashranger

This is an absolute disgrace, Noury and all championship ceo’s should hang their heads in shame.
Basically means I cannot attend games anymore as both my boys play football on a Saturday morning. Why should we be asking children to make a choice between watching and playing football.
What a waste of money on season tickets again the supporters that turn up week in and week out are the ones being shafted.
I am disgusted in the club and this looks to be the end for me after 50 years.
I shall be writing to Noury to let him know, this has happened on his watch even though he will say he wasn’t in situ I am not having that.
Sky Games on 22:51 - Jul 3 with 1197 views222gers

Sky Games on 22:47 - Jul 3 by ashranger

This is an absolute disgrace, Noury and all championship ceo’s should hang their heads in shame.
Basically means I cannot attend games anymore as both my boys play football on a Saturday morning. Why should we be asking children to make a choice between watching and playing football.
What a waste of money on season tickets again the supporters that turn up week in and week out are the ones being shafted.
I am disgusted in the club and this looks to be the end for me after 50 years.
I shall be writing to Noury to let him know, this has happened on his watch even though he will say he wasn’t in situ I am not having that.

The decision to adopt the Sky deal was unanimous of course but I imagine the clubs would have confided in one another by zoom or something.
It's the death knell of football as we know it.
Login to get fewer ads

Sky Games on 00:05 - Jul 4 with 1147 viewsnumptydumpty

Sky Games on 13:46 - Jul 3 by hamptonhillhoop

I know we were all warned about this, but this is shocking, first three home games of the season 12:30 kick offs. I meet my cousins for every game, it's the only time we see each other. The time in the pub beforehand is an integral part of the day. I'm sure it's the same for a lot of us. I can deal with the odd one, but every week? It actually changes the experience of football for thousands of people every Saturday. Who agreed to this, was it really worth the extra cash when you take into account reduced away fans etc? Who wants to watch QPR Millwall on Sky Sports + at 12.30 on a Saturday? Fckng Sky
[Post edited 3 Jul 13:48]

Who wants to watch QPR Millwall on Sky at 12.30pm.

Indeed !!

Some idiots even go to the stadium to watch it.

What idiots do such dumb ass things !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Sky Games on 00:15 - Jul 4 with 1140 viewsnumptydumpty

Sky Games on 18:39 - Jul 3 by LimehouseR

This has been happening in the Premier League for years. How many 3pm home fixtures to the 'big 6' actually have in a season? 5? For those big clubs it tends to be fine as there is a big enough support base and tourists/day trippers who actually go to the games. But for most of the football league this is going to have a big detrimental effect on supporters.

I have the utmost respect for those of you who manage to still get to games week in week out. It sounds like these changes are going to be the final straw for some. I just don't see how there is such a demand out there to have it televised at all times. Most pubs are on their knees aren't they? And who can afford a Sky Sports subscription these days?! Surely it can't just be for the benefit of the international market?

Who can afford a sky subscription these days ??

Well the current Prime Minister has said as a child he had a less than fully privileged background. He didn't have Sky TV...

Vote for Rishi no Dishi !!!!

How on earth could he have survived with such an underwhelming existence !!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Sky Games on 09:54 - Jul 4 with 884 viewsTheChef

Sky Games on 00:05 - Jul 4 by numptydumpty

Who wants to watch QPR Millwall on Sky at 12.30pm.

Indeed !!

Some idiots even go to the stadium to watch it.

What idiots do such dumb ass things !!!

" dumb ass"

Happy Independence Day!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Sky Games on 12:06 - Jul 4 with 740 viewsqpr1976

Sky Games on 15:03 - Jul 3 by EastR

Sky subscribers are the problem. They are funding them and enabling them to mess everyone else around

A bit harsh on the general 'Love watching all sport' fans or followers of Cricket, F1, Golf, Tennis, Darts, etc. to blame them for Sky & EFL moving most of our fixtures for Live coverage.
It's not like F1 fans can afford to travel the World or Golf fans can go to All the Majors & Ryder Cups.
Sky Games on 12:19 - Jul 4 with 714 viewsRBlock

Sky Games on 20:38 - Jul 3 by thehat

I coach youth football until about 12:20 every Saturday morning - could usually skip pack up and get away at 12:00 on the odd occasion we had a 12:30 KO, but that doesn't work if it's every effing week
Sky Games on 12:43 - Jul 4 with 656 viewsLblock

Was wavering on a ST renewal this season as I quite like the direction of travel of the club and strong decisions off the pitch.
Let my ticket go after 33 years due to a number of reasons.

Having reviewed the fixture list.
The number of games I'm likely to attend due to Murdoch the Merciless.
Weighing up the economics of it .....
I've decided:
"Nah... doesn't make sense"

I think everyone can see where this is going - PPV will be the norm in 2 to 5 years.
The clubs may well say it makes them more money.
Many clubs wont.
And zero consideration for the spin off businesses around football rounds who need footfall to survive such as pubs, food sellers, etc

Get the feeling those at the top more than happy to see another 20 odd Bury FC's and a total re-shape of the Leagues and Cu[s so that those poor darlings earning £300k a week can chop 6 or 7 fixtures off the card. Instead replace them with "glamour" games in the USA etc

Modern day football is becoming a bit vvank isn't it?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Sky Games on 13:04 - Jul 4 with 618 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Is Klopp our manager now?
Sky Games on 13:45 - Jul 4 with 528 viewsThe_Beast1976

Sky Games on 12:43 - Jul 4 by Lblock

Was wavering on a ST renewal this season as I quite like the direction of travel of the club and strong decisions off the pitch.
Let my ticket go after 33 years due to a number of reasons.

Having reviewed the fixture list.
The number of games I'm likely to attend due to Murdoch the Merciless.
Weighing up the economics of it .....
I've decided:
"Nah... doesn't make sense"

I think everyone can see where this is going - PPV will be the norm in 2 to 5 years.
The clubs may well say it makes them more money.
Many clubs wont.
And zero consideration for the spin off businesses around football rounds who need footfall to survive such as pubs, food sellers, etc

Get the feeling those at the top more than happy to see another 20 odd Bury FC's and a total re-shape of the Leagues and Cu[s so that those poor darlings earning £300k a week can chop 6 or 7 fixtures off the card. Instead replace them with "glamour" games in the USA etc

Modern day football is becoming a bit vvank isn't it?

Doubt I'll make it to more than a handful of games.

Average attendances across the Championship are bound to fall considerably. I wonder if anyone will compare the total loss of attendance revenue for all Championship clubs to the increase in tv revenue for all Championship clubs? Furthermore, it would be interesting to see the total loss of revenue for everyone (including local businesses etc) compared to the increase in tv revenue.

I suspect the figures are going to tell a very different story to what the club's may have envisioned.

Would be great if the Govt. intervened at some point and outlawed all these changes of KO times on the basis of protecting the economies local to the clubs.
Sky Games on 17:10 - Jul 5 with 208 viewsManinBlack

Not only are the fans subdued for lunchtime kick offs but very often the team is too. Everyone seems to be still half asleep in a flat atmosphere. It wasn’t that long ago when we last played Millwall at lunchtime and put in an appalling display in a 2-0 loss on Boxing Day. Hope we don’t play like that in the 1230 games coming up.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024