Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky Games 11:19 - Jul 3 with 6459 viewsdaveB

Does know if our overlords at Sky have announced the tv games yet?
Looking to book Sheffield train tickets but holding off until they let us know when the game is, that announce all games when the fixtures came out seems to have been forgotten
Sky Games on 14:25 - Jul 3 with 1876 viewsdmm

The atmosphere at a 12.30 game is always rather tad sleepy. Not conducive to a good game.
Sky Games on 14:25 - Jul 3 with 1876 viewsdaveB

Sky Games on 14:19 - Jul 3 by hamptonhillhoop

Sky are the problem because they're the ones asking for it and offering the clubs the money. I blame them all but Sky are the ones pushing all the kick off times to try and saturate the market. I imagine the ultimate goal is to fck everyone around so much the 3pm Saturday kick off is generally so eroded that they're allowed to show live games then too

Or get the 3pm blackout removed.

Of Course Sky are going to ask for it, clubs and the EFl can say no though
Sky Games on 14:28 - Jul 3 with 1854 viewshamptonhillhoop

Sky Games on 14:24 - Jul 3 by Hayesender

I'd be quite happy with that. Let sky stream every 3pm kick off so the fat cnts at home can eat and drink their way to an early grave in their armchair, and those of us who actually go to games can do so without the stress of waiting to book trains/hotels etc

So would I. It wouldn't change my life in any way. In the Premier League there's barely two or three of them most Saturdays anyway. I don't know any football league fan who would miss an EFL 3pm kick off to stay at home and watch a Premier League match
Sky Games on 14:29 - Jul 3 with 1823 viewshamptonhillhoop

Sky Games on 14:25 - Jul 3 by daveB

Or get the 3pm blackout removed.

Of Course Sky are going to ask for it, clubs and the EFl can say no though

But they're not going to are they? because they're all skint.
I have no problem with the 3pm blackout being removed
Sky Games on 14:43 - Jul 3 with 1680 viewsDannyPaddox

Sky Games on 13:56 - Jul 3 by EastR

It'll be Flash Gordon up first on the big screens before KO

Sky Games on 14:50 - Jul 3 with 1641 viewsKonk

Sky Games on 14:25 - Jul 3 by dmm

The atmosphere at a 12.30 game is always rather tad sleepy. Not conducive to a good game.

Usually low tempo games played out in near silence and a massive ballache for away fans. Magic. Some great opening day 12:30's for travelling fans: Hull v Bristol City, Leeds v Pompey, Boro v Swans, and Cardiff v Sunderland, before Plymouth at Wednesday at 4pm on Sunday, and Burnley at Luton at 8pm on the Monday. Nice.

League one 5:30 kick-offs on opening weekend include, Wigan v Charlton, Exeter v Rotherham, Crawley v Blackpool, and Orient v Bolton. Football is nothing without the fans.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Sky Games on 14:53 - Jul 3 with 1624 viewsDesertBoot

It really does. A pre-match pint and a bite to eat messed up and I work some Saturday mornings so 12.30 games are impossible.
As said the first three home games at 12.30 is disgraceful.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Sky Games on 14:55 - Jul 3 with 1615 viewsdaveB

Sky Games on 14:29 - Jul 3 by hamptonhillhoop

But they're not going to are they? because they're all skint.
I have no problem with the 3pm blackout being removed

thats the problem, if they want to take the money and agree to this then Sky will do it as would any of the broadcasters
Login to get fewer ads

Sky Games on 15:03 - Jul 3 with 1550 viewsEastR

Sky Games on 14:09 - Jul 3 by daveB

Sky are not the problem, blame the EFL for allowing them to do this and the clubs for agreeing to it.

Sky subscribers are the problem. They are funding them and enabling them to mess everyone else around

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Sky Games on 15:17 - Jul 3 with 1444 viewshamptonhillhoop

Sky Games on 14:55 - Jul 3 by daveB

thats the problem, if they want to take the money and agree to this then Sky will do it as would any of the broadcasters

I don't see what benefit they get from this saturation coverage. I'd love to see their viewing figures for some of these games
Sky Games on 15:40 - Jul 3 with 1372 viewsqpr_1968

Sky Games on 14:24 - Jul 3 by Hayesender

I'd be quite happy with that. Let sky stream every 3pm kick off so the fat cnts at home can eat and drink their way to an early grave in their armchair, and those of us who actually go to games can do so without the stress of waiting to book trains/hotels etc

exactly, this is looking after the armchair supporter, and saying bollox to the fans that pay hundreds of pounds every week to follow them.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Sky Games on 15:41 - Jul 3 with 1369 viewsGaryBannister86

Sky Games on 15:17 - Jul 3 by hamptonhillhoop

I don't see what benefit they get from this saturation coverage. I'd love to see their viewing figures for some of these games

I presume it is more to do with selling subscriptions and brand reach? As their viewing figures are often negligible
Sky Games on 15:52 - Jul 3 with 1304 viewskingsburyR

Fu(ks sake.

My daughter plays football on a Saturday morning. This makes the games almost impossible to make when its a 12.30am KO.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Sky Games on 16:01 - Jul 3 with 1272 viewsstowmarketrange

How am I going to manage to fit in a 2 hour walk from Liverpool st to loftus rd for a 12.30 ko and sink a couple in the white horse?
Bloody ridiculous scheduling.
Sky Games on 16:03 - Jul 3 with 1261 viewsNorthernr

Sky Games on 14:09 - Jul 3 by Hayesender

Hang on, am I being thick here, but weren't we promised the kick off times, dates etc up to January? This is only August and September

And if they told you wolverines would make good house pets would you believe them?
Sky Games on 16:07 - Jul 3 with 1227 viewsNorthantsHoop

Not good but sort of how the game has become dominated by the TV companies. Looking on the positive side if there is one looks like we are interesting again as last season they were not bothered with us under Ainsworth.
Sky Games on 16:22 - Jul 3 with 1127 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

FFS. Only did the work rota for my team last Friday, now I've got to rip it up and start again. I fcking hate Sky, I hate 1230 ko on Saturdays, I hate Monday night ko, I fking hate Sky.

How I yearn for 3pm Saturday kick off folloeed by driving home listening to Jonathan Pearce on the radio with my Dad.

Fck you Sky.
The worse thing is we are thankful for their money despite them having caused all this unfairness in the first place!

FCK U SKY 😡😠
Sky Games on 16:40 - Jul 3 with 1040 viewsHayesender

Sky Games on 16:03 - Jul 3 by Northernr

And if they told you wolverines would make good house pets would you believe them?

You haven't met the missus

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Sky Games on 16:43 - Jul 3 with 1031 viewsDieByYourSide

Every opening weekend Saturday game on at 12:30? Why?

Poll: And it's hi ho

Sky Games on 16:57 - Jul 3 with 980 viewsdaveB

Sky Games on 15:17 - Jul 3 by hamptonhillhoop

viewing figures don't overly matter for Sky, it's subscription numbers and I think this sky+ streaming channel is a test for them with the EFL and if it works they'll be doing it with the Premier League within a year
Sky Games on 16:58 - Jul 3 with 976 viewsdaveB

Sky Games on 15:03 - Jul 3 by EastR

Sky subscribers are the problem. They are funding them and enabling them to mess everyone else around

true but if they lost the rights and they went to TNT, ITV, Netflix or Amazon it wouldn't be any different, all of those companies would do the same if they could
Sky Games on 17:06 - Jul 3 with 943 viewsterryb

Sky Games on 16:43 - Jul 3 by DieByYourSide

Every opening weekend Saturday game on at 12:30? Why?

All Championship games that weekend are live on Sky & the 3.00pm embargo has not been removed.
Sky Games on 17:14 - Jul 3 with 890 viewswombat

Sky Games on 17:06 - Jul 3 by terryb

All Championship games that weekend are live on Sky & the 3.00pm embargo has not been removed.

so why not let them ko off at 3pm makes zero sense atall

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Sky Games on 17:28 - Jul 3 with 858 viewsPaddyhoops

Sold our souls for an extra few million. The tails wagging the dog.
Sky Games on 17:29 - Jul 3 with 853 viewsdaveB

Sky Games on 17:14 - Jul 3 by wombat

so why not let them ko off at 3pm makes zero sense atall

The Community Shield is on the same day, 3pm kick off and live on ITV

I've no idea if thats got anything to do with it but it's bizarre that Sky are not putting them all on 3 and televising them the one weekend they are able to do that
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024