Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The really best bit about the UK Election 09:22 - Jul 5 with 3969 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I watched with our cat until a few hours ago, and leaving the result out of it, I was immensely proud of the UK!

Just look at how the transition of power took place. Seemless, without rancor or violence. The speaches of Mourdant and Buckland were exceptional given their results, thought Hunt was interesting too; albeit a case of: why weren't you doing this in power?

And plenty of departing Tories congratulated and wished their victors the best.

Compare that with the US in 2020, and what might happen in France next week and the US soon. As Mrs PH just said to me: Last night said a lot about the UK, a lot other countries should note and admire.

Exhausted now, Girona gone for a burton, as I'll be taking naps all day.

However, with great power comes great responsibility for Labour. They certainly made the right noises on the night - so fingers crossed they not only do a good job, but also attract back lost voters to Farage. And let's be honest: Reform split the Tories, and handed Labour the win but now the big issue for the Tories is what party do they want to be? Lurch to the right to suck up to Farage or repel him and learn the lesson of last night about being out of touch.

We'll get an idea when we see who they elect to replace Sunak.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

The really best bit about the UK Election on 13:40 - Jul 5 with 1166 viewsSydneyRs

The really best bit about the UK Election on 10:02 - Jul 5 by Bluce_Ree

Galloway immediately losing his seat and not even going on the stage. Yes. Come on, UK!

Also, we're rid of that haunted victorian pencil looking c**t Rees-Mogg. Fking slimy c**t. I'll celebrate his death.

The only death I've genuinely celebrated was Thatcher. Rupert Murdoch will be the next and the sooner the better.
The really best bit about the UK Election on 13:41 - Jul 5 with 1166 viewsWatford_Ranger

The really best bit about the UK Election on 12:03 - Jul 5 by SheffieldHoop

I'm personally looking forward to the "age of consent" debate. We know they want to lower it, we know they want to give our children hormone blockers, we know they want to get rid of some of the grooming gang cases......Nonce appeasement incoming.

Logically why would “they” want to do that? What is in it for anyone in government or another position of power to do that? Not everything has to be a massive conspiracy. It’s a thread about a rare moment of grace from some politicians who rarely demonstrate such qualities.
[Post edited 5 Jul 13:46]
The really best bit about the UK Election on 13:42 - Jul 5 with 1159 viewsLblock

The really best bit about the UK Election on 11:45 - Jul 5 by londonscottish

In two year's time, nothing much will have changed (because there's no money to change anything) and all the angry protest voters will be even angrier and will now be blaming Labour. And everything will get more divisive and polarised.

I can't wait.

I'm trying to pinpoint if it'll be two years or five.

Starmer will be cultivating the money magic tree for six months and then it'll start bearing fruit.
Things will get better - for most - can't get any worse can it? (Well.. yes it can).
I think I'll be under attack but should be able to weather it especially if I'm still working in my current role and there's a big uptick in the economy via Fiscal contributions plus some Blair style monetary policies on the hush.
Things will undoubtedly change for me such as not being able to use my car much, I'll become more marginalised, my simple pleasures will become more expensive and my taxes will increase.
The trade off really will be if they can lower interest rates, suppress inflation and make London THE central hub for global finance again and get the economy booming - I think they might via smoke n mirrors.

When that all starts to unravel and the bust follows the boom I'm not sure.
Hopefully I'll be out of the rate race then and have sufficient tucked away to keep things on an even keel.... may even join the masses heading overseas then.

Anyway -- here we go and lets hope there's not a worldwide pandemic, a couple of major wars or other seismic events for this mob to contend with.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The really best bit about the UK Election on 13:43 - Jul 5 with 1140 viewsSheffieldHoop

The really best bit about the UK Election on 13:41 - Jul 5 by Watford_Ranger

Logically why would “they” want to do that? What is in it for anyone in government or another position of power to do that? Not everything has to be a massive conspiracy. It’s a thread about a rare moment of grace from some politicians who rarely demonstrate such qualities.
[Post edited 5 Jul 13:46]

I don't think it's a huge leap to assume that the grooming gang adjacent party is going to try and reduce this grooming gang problem.....and I think the way they will do it is by making it as unproblematic as possible, rather than trying to stamp the problem out completely (Which I think they know they cannot do)

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

The really best bit about the UK Election on 13:55 - Jul 5 with 1054 viewsKonk

The really best bit about the UK Election on 13:25 - Jul 5 by SheffieldHoop

They've already won the vote. They are already in power.

This is getting a bit odd now. Labour haven't mentioned lowering the age of consent anywhere, there's no suggestion that even a single Labour candidate was advocating it. Yet you're seemingly convinced it's part of the Labour agenda. You seem to be about 4 posts away from claiming that Labour are going to make daily dog-wan king mandatory in primary schools. I mean, is this what people wanted when they voted Labour? Kids in rainbow sweatshirts wan king off dogs during assembly? Is it? Because you only had to apply some critical thinking to the situation to see this was central to their agenda.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

The really best bit about the UK Election on 13:58 - Jul 5 with 1014 viewsSheffieldHoop

The really best bit about the UK Election on 13:55 - Jul 5 by Konk

This is getting a bit odd now. Labour haven't mentioned lowering the age of consent anywhere, there's no suggestion that even a single Labour candidate was advocating it. Yet you're seemingly convinced it's part of the Labour agenda. You seem to be about 4 posts away from claiming that Labour are going to make daily dog-wan king mandatory in primary schools. I mean, is this what people wanted when they voted Labour? Kids in rainbow sweatshirts wan king off dogs during assembly? Is it? Because you only had to apply some critical thinking to the situation to see this was central to their agenda.

Did they mention invading Iraq in the 2001 gen election? No? Funny that

The really best bit about the UK Election on 14:07 - Jul 5 with 953 viewsSimonJames

They will replace Sunak with the MP that we failed to shift here in Saffron Walden... Kemi Badenoch.
I expect that will enable her to do even less for her constituency than before - if that is even possible!

100% of people who drink water will die.

The really best bit about the UK Election on 14:11 - Jul 5 with 930 viewsKonk

The really best bit about the UK Election on 13:58 - Jul 5 by SheffieldHoop

Did they mention invading Iraq in the 2001 gen election? No? Funny that

Westminster journalist June 2001: "Mr Blair, If you are elected Prime Minister and 3 months later, Al Qaeda hijack and crash 2 planes into the WTC in NYC, will you join the Americans in launching a 'War on Terror' that will take in the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq on the flimsiest of pretexts?"

Not sure Labour could have been expected to include the invasion of Iraq as one of their manifesto commitments, for several obvious reasons, not least the timeline. But no, you're right, they're bound to lower the age of consent despite no supporting evidence.

Login to get fewer ads

The really best bit about the UK Election on 14:12 - Jul 5 with 906 viewsSheffieldHoop

The really best bit about the UK Election on 14:11 - Jul 5 by Konk

Westminster journalist June 2001: "Mr Blair, If you are elected Prime Minister and 3 months later, Al Qaeda hijack and crash 2 planes into the WTC in NYC, will you join the Americans in launching a 'War on Terror' that will take in the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq on the flimsiest of pretexts?"

Not sure Labour could have been expected to include the invasion of Iraq as one of their manifesto commitments, for several obvious reasons, not least the timeline. But no, you're right, they're bound to lower the age of consent despite no supporting evidence.

If it turns out I am right, you going to buy me a beer, yeah?

The really best bit about the UK Election on 14:14 - Jul 5 with 911 viewsPaddyhoops

The exit of truly nasty , self serving individuals like Truss and Rees mogg is always a good thing .
Although was quite happy to see Johnathan Ashworth the Labour MP getting the boot in Leicester.
A bit creepy and oily for my liking.
The election of 71 Lib Dem’s should be bring some decency to parliament. They might be dull but I’ll take That after the moralistic shithow of the last 5 years.
The really best bit about the UK Election on 14:22 - Jul 5 with 876 viewsSonofpugwash

Well that's the only time I took off my non existent hat off to a Labour government when Harold Wilson refused Washington's request for Britain to enforce conscription and join in the fun in Vietnam.Literally dodged a bullet there.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

The really best bit about the UK Election on 14:37 - Jul 5 with 843 viewsKonk

The really best bit about the UK Election on 13:43 - Jul 5 by SheffieldHoop

I don't think it's a huge leap to assume that the grooming gang adjacent party is going to try and reduce this grooming gang problem.....and I think the way they will do it is by making it as unproblematic as possible, rather than trying to stamp the problem out completely (Which I think they know they cannot do)

Surely that only works if for most of the general public, the problem with grooming gangs is not that these horrible cu nts are abusing youngsters, but that they're breaking the law? I don't think that being able to say, "Yeah, but middle-aged blokes can legally bang 14 year olds now" is going to make too much difference on how the public views these things. Even if for some reason, Labour felt a priority was making the public more comfortable with grooming gangs rather than prosecuting them, it would be political suicide and isn't going to happen.

The really best bit about the UK Election on 14:41 - Jul 5 with 836 viewsKonk

The really best bit about the UK Election on 14:12 - Jul 5 by SheffieldHoop

If it turns out I am right, you going to buy me a beer, yeah?

If, by the end of the next parliament, Labour have lowered the age of consent, then I will send Clive the money and ask him to buy you a pint. I'll even throw in a pack of crisps.

If Labour don't introduce a bill to lower the age of consent during that time, you can buy Clive a pint of Peroni for me. It'll probably be about £14 by then.

The really best bit about the UK Election on 14:41 - Jul 5 with 825 viewsSheffieldHoop

The really best bit about the UK Election on 14:37 - Jul 5 by Konk

Surely that only works if for most of the general public, the problem with grooming gangs is not that these horrible cu nts are abusing youngsters, but that they're breaking the law? I don't think that being able to say, "Yeah, but middle-aged blokes can legally bang 14 year olds now" is going to make too much difference on how the public views these things. Even if for some reason, Labour felt a priority was making the public more comfortable with grooming gangs rather than prosecuting them, it would be political suicide and isn't going to happen.

The debate around consent will not start with Grooming gangs. Obviously.

It will start with Puberty Blockers, or child suicide, or one of the many other angles from which you could begin to manufacture public consent to make these kinds of drastic changes.

The really best bit about the UK Election on 14:45 - Jul 5 with 807 viewsSheffieldHoop

The really best bit about the UK Election on 14:41 - Jul 5 by Konk

If, by the end of the next parliament, Labour have lowered the age of consent, then I will send Clive the money and ask him to buy you a pint. I'll even throw in a pack of crisps.

If Labour don't introduce a bill to lower the age of consent during that time, you can buy Clive a pint of Peroni for me. It'll probably be about £14 by then.

Deal

The really best bit about the UK Election on 14:47 - Jul 5 with 796 viewsKonk

The really best bit about the UK Election on 14:41 - Jul 5 by SheffieldHoop

The debate around consent will not start with Grooming gangs. Obviously.

It will start with Puberty Blockers, or child suicide, or one of the many other angles from which you could begin to manufacture public consent to make these kinds of drastic changes.

I'm just a simple man with 5 GCSEs, so forgive my ignorance, but what does lowering the age of consent have to do with preventing children taking their own lives or blocking puberty?

We're going to lower the age of consent to 15/14/13 because it will be good for kids' mental health? Not sure that's gonna fly.

The really best bit about the UK Election on 14:52 - Jul 5 with 748 viewsFredManRave

The really best bit about the UK Election on 14:41 - Jul 5 by Konk

So that's Clive not wanting Labour to introduce a bill to lower the age of consent within the next 5 years then.

That's the only logical and coherent statment posted since this weird theme started.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

The really best bit about the UK Election on 14:52 - Jul 5 with 737 viewsSheffieldHoop

The really best bit about the UK Election on 14:47 - Jul 5 by Konk

I'm just a simple man with 5 GCSEs, so forgive my ignorance, but what does lowering the age of consent have to do with preventing children taking their own lives or blocking puberty?

We're going to lower the age of consent to 15/14/13 because it will be good for kids' mental health? Not sure that's gonna fly.

That's 5 more than me.

They're about to tell us that Children are taking their own lives because they're being denied access to gender-affirming care before the age of 16. In fact, they are already saying this, but Kier had to pretend he disagreed in order to get elected. He doesn't have to pretend anymore.

The really best bit about the UK Election on 14:55 - Jul 5 with 723 viewsDesertBoot

The really best bit about the UK Election on 13:27 - Jul 5 by connell10

Must be great having a crystal ball Mystic Meg.

If COVID, vaccine passports, cashless society and the mass closing of banks, the war in Ukraine and the obliteration of Gaza are a shock to your system - you haven’t been paying attention.

Wish I could be like David Watts

The really best bit about the UK Election on 14:56 - Jul 5 with 716 viewsSydneyRs

The really best bit about the UK Election on 14:11 - Jul 5 by Konk

Australia had a Tory government at the time, also supported it. As did the Tory opposition in the UK. Not sure why this is used as a Labour thing. Saddam could have let the weapons inspectors in and avoided it all. He'd probably be campaigning for Reform by now 😄
The really best bit about the UK Election on 14:58 - Jul 5 with 695 viewsKonk

The really best bit about the UK Election on 14:52 - Jul 5 by SheffieldHoop

That's 5 more than me.

They're about to tell us that Children are taking their own lives because they're being denied access to gender-affirming care before the age of 16. In fact, they are already saying this, but Kier had to pretend he disagreed in order to get elected. He doesn't have to pretend anymore.

Okay, but what's that got to do with lowering the age of consent to get around having to do something about grooming gangs? We need to lower the age of consent so that 14 year olds can legally have sex with taxi drivers, because if we don't then children will take their own lives? I think that would be a hard sell.

The really best bit about the UK Election on 15:08 - Jul 5 with 610 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Why would there be any rancour or violence? They're mostly the bloody same!
The really best bit about the UK Election on 15:21 - Jul 5 with 536 viewsWA_Hoop

Good grief, nothing to see here, the blue tie WEF globalist has been replaced by the red tie WEF globalist, am I missing something?!
[Post edited 5 Jul 15:30]
The really best bit about the UK Election on 15:28 - Jul 5 with 495 viewsDiggertheMole

The really best bit about the UK Election on 13:09 - Jul 5 by SheffieldHoop

The establishment. Stonewall. Mermaids. Hope Not Hate. The whole progressive/solidarity movement that Kier Starmer was right behind until he realized it doesn't win elections.

Now they've lied their way into No.10 - But the same GloboHomo agenda is still there.

Utter and complete tory conspiracy b...s. Take your thrashing like a man. JRM and Boris would be ashamed of such a display of whining. Think up some other nonsense and apply for Rishi's job. He has just resigned and the party needs to reestablish its Monster Raving Loony credentials. You sound like you are just the man!
The really best bit about the UK Election on 15:37 - Jul 5 with 449 viewsR_from_afar

The really best bit about the UK Election on 11:55 - Jul 5 by DesertBoot

It'll be interesting as Starmer is very much in the back pocket of the World Economic Forum.
Net Zero will be on page 1 of "things to do" with energy bills getting higher along with petrol and diesel to force such vehicles off the road.
ULEZ will be tightened across London and spread throughout the country making towns and cities almost inaccessible (see Oxford and Canterbury).
Your friendly GP can give you a certificate that switches you from "Mr" to "Mrs" replacing years of therapy, proof of lifestyle and a panel of medical experts.
"Smash the gangs" will be a laughing stock as Starmer voted against every single one of the dozen or so proposals to somehow "stop the boats".
David Lammy will roll out his own-brand tablets that help men grow a cervix and Sharia Law will sneak in through the back door in some cities via Angela Rayner.
"Fourteen years of chaos" yes and jog on Conservatives but...bloody hell.

"Net Zero will be on page 1 of "things to do" with energy bills getting higher".

In the middle of all the election coverage, an economist - not a politician or an environmental campaigner - was discussing what was likely to happen to inflation.

They predicted a rise soon because competition to get hold of liquified natural gas is increasing globally.

The UK's gas reserves will eventually run out so we need to build on what has already been quite decent progress with renewables. Nuclear has a role to play but historically, the cost of nuclear energy only ever goes up, new power stations take decades to build, and, ironically, a warming climate and changing rainfall patterns mean we are now seeing challenges when it comes to getting enough, sufficiently cold, water to cool nuclear power stations. Sizewell C is going ahead even though an adequate supply of fresh water for cooling has not yet been identified.

Net zero is not just about the environment, it is also a resilience and energy independence issue. If it can be achieved, we won't need to worry about gas or oil imports being delayed. Energy storage is getting much more powerful, for example, the planned Coire Glas hydro scheme in Scotland is expected to be able to power 3m homes for 24 hours.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024